User Tag List

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

Re: S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008

Quote Originally Posted by hollowkatt View Post
    I wanna shoot the first person who goes off reservation
    if they're top wagon at an artifical EoD, then yeah, go nuts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

2. ISO #352

yes. it's hard for scum to propose a plan that could actively backfire in their faces with very little room for error or recovery. Basically wolf?Seanzie doing this either needs to have a rock solid team behind him and an exit strategy should it blow up OR he's planning on just loosing a hail of shots and then getting shot/chopped, and that doesn't seem very wolf?Seanzie to me
    When I wolf I propose the best possible mech plans I can think of, even if the plans hurt my team. I did this in Pixar where I tried to help town leash otherscumteam!Egix in order to have a second TK (when me and most of my wolf mates were in the PoE Egix would have been shooting into).

3. ISO #353

4. ISO #354

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzie View Post
    When I wolf I propose the best possible mech plans I can think of, even if the plans hurt my team. I did this in Pixar where I tried to help town leash otherscumteam!Egix in order to have a second TK (when me and most of my wolf mates were in the PoE Egix would have been shooting into).
    Also FYI I am town. I would appreciate your removing the vote in case there is some card messing with votes. Thank you. I am town and i need you to protect me tonight. Thank you!

5. ISO #355

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    @Seanzie i like your strat a lot more when we exclude our townreads from D1. The odds now shift in our favor. Who are your 3 to shoot? Or is it best to withhold this information till final 12 h? I am comfortable following your lead for now.
    No.
    In order for this to work we all have to be eligable.

Naturally our town reads shouldn't be the top wagons
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

8. ISO #358

Maybe you misunderstood. Now that i have townreads, the odds of landing a scum shot are much better than RVS.
    From YOUR perspective, maybe you're right with YOUR town reads.
    fucketh me in the ass

9. ISO #359

10. ISO #360

@Seanzie i like your strat a lot more when we exclude our townreads from D1. The odds now shift in our favor. Who are your 3 to shoot? Or is it best to withhold this information till final 12 h? I am comfortable following your lead for now.
    I don't know what you mean about excluding townreads. For the plan to work, people need to treat it like it is a normal TK. People's reads have an effect in as far as their vote has an effect, and no further.

If you're suggesting that you and I should try to find common townreads and exclude them from being shot D1... no.

Right now, I do not feel too strongly about any of my reads, but I have a fun little tinfoil that you and HK are wolfing together. Some of your posts have made me think you're town, but then you do weird things that make me think you're trying to tie me to you, and I don't really get your strong read on HK. How do you know HK isn't pocketing you here?

11. ISO #361

Okay, at this point, I am going to go to bed soon, but haven't heard any strong objections or requests for changes to the plan I proposed. In order to give people time to confirm they understand the plan, I'm going to lay it out now.

Since I did not hear any objections, I'm going to insist we go with the following ITA plan:

We will likely have enough ITAs to kill two extra people today. Here is how I propose we do it. Note that one facet of this plan is that while I will play some part in facilitating the plan, the plan is specifically designed to not have me have any extra power, so even if you don't townread me, you can trust the plan.

There will be two "artificial deadlines" added in addition to the EoD deadline. One will be at 11 pm EST on 1/24 (when ITAs become available), and one will be at 7am EST on 1/24 (4 hours before EoD). Whomever is the top wagon at these artificial EoDs will very likely be killed, so please take this seriously!!

At the first EoD, I will screenshot and post the current VC. If there is a tie, I will figure out who reached the "winning" number of votes first, so there is a unique person targeted. At that point I will ask people in the thread to ITA that person until they die. Hopefully they will die quickly so we can see their flip and re-evaluate before the second artificial EoD. The second artificial EoD will happen in the same way.

Any ITAs that do NOT respect the votecount of the first or second artificial deadline will be considered a scum claim. Do NOT shoot outside the two names we agree on as a group.

If you have read this plan and agree, please respond to this saying you agree. If you have questions, please ask well before the first artificial deadline.

If anyone knows they'll be available at 7am EST on 11/24 can you volunteer to facilitate the second artificial deadline (figure out who is the vote, and get anyone who hasn't used their ITA yet to shoot that person)? I can try to be up then, but that is very early for me, so if someone else can agree to do it, that would be much better for me.

Everyone else, please respond to this to agree to the plan.

suuurrreee
    unless it's a personal townread of mine I don't really see why not
    -unvote

12. ISO #362

If people start introducing their own biases into this plan it won't work. We ALL have to agree to this, regardless of whomever is the top wagon at the time.

Treat the plan as giving us two additional lynches/eliminations per day, then operate as normal.
    fucketh me in the ass

13. ISO #363

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    suuurrreee
    unless it's a personal townread of mine I don't really see why not
    -unvote
    Unfortunately to agree to the plan is to agree to potentially shoot a townread of yours if they are the decided vote. I know it sucks to have to agree to that, but the plan only works if people do not have agency over the ITAs. That includes not just the target, but the choice to not target. Of course, people can just choose to avoid the thread after the deadline and that is not preventable, but I ask every townie who can be available to donate their ITA to the plan, they do so.

14. ISO #364

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    From YOUR perspective, maybe you're right with YOUR town reads.
    PQR deathwolrds Seanz and Hllowkitty

I will not shoot those 4 so my choices are in the remaining 11 of 15, of whom i know 3 are mafia+3P so 4/11. Those are better odds than randoming, but still very bad unless we have solid scumreads! We need to deduce which are more likely scum.

15. ISO #365

If people start introducing their own biases into this plan it won't work. We ALL have to agree to this, regardless of whomever is the top wagon at the time.

Treat the plan as giving us two additional lynches/eliminations per day, then operate as normal.
    If someone is willing to pull the trigger on someone they personally town read (more than light town) I'd find that quite concerning, honestly.

16. ISO #366

I don't know what you mean about excluding townreads. For the plan to work, people need to treat it like it is a normal TK. People's reads have an effect in as far as their vote has an effect, and no further.

If you're suggesting that you and I should try to find common townreads and exclude them from being shot D1... no.

Right now, I do not feel too strongly about any of my reads, but I have a fun little tinfoil that you and HK are wolfing together. Some of your posts have made me think you're town, but then you do weird things that make me think you're trying to tie me to you, and I don't really get your strong read on HK. How do you know HK isn't pocketing you here?
    Out of your mind my man. I believe you and 2 other people are town. The odds just went up for us. So I am way more open to your strat now than i was hours ago.

17. ISO #367

If someone is willing to pull the trigger on someone they personally town read (more than light town) I'd find that quite concerning, honestly.
    People can always be wrong.
    The only case where I could excuse it is if there's some sort of green check the person had on the potential ITA target.
    fucketh me in the ass

18. ISO #368

I don't think people understand how beneficial this is to the whole of town if we can get everyone to agree to it.

The lynch is the best tool of the town to eliminate scum, by following the plan to the letter we give ourselves three times the ability to eliminate scum during the day, without giving the scum any way of manipulating it beyond their normal capacity of manipulating votes.
    fucketh me in the ass

19. ISO #369

Unfortunately to agree to the plan is to agree to potentially shoot a townread of yours if they are the decided vote. I know it sucks to have to agree to that, but the plan only works if people do not have agency over the ITAs. That includes not just the target, but the choice to not target. Of course, people can just choose to avoid the thread after the deadline and that is not preventable, but I ask every townie who can be available to donate their ITA to the plan, they do so.
    Ehhh. If I think someone is town (>light town) I'm not pulling the trigger. If the argument against them is good enough it won't come to that, though, I think.

20. ISO #370

We can't tell the difference between someone abstaining from shooting because they truly townread the person and someone abstaining from shooting because they're scumbuddies. As such, we need to ask townpeople to put their personal reads aside and view the ITAs as simply extra TKs.

If you strongly townread someone and don't want them to get shot, petition against that wagon. If the thread still chooses them, then they need to be flipped.

21. ISO #371

My pool of roaches to fry:
    Boba Fett (i need to hear what other people know of this fella, suggesting that town would not follow thru town strat is REALLY REALLY BAD in my view)
    Paopan (sorry, I approach each game with an unbiased mind, but you dug the grave here, i will be upset if this was your best attempt to improving your town game)

then i need some flips. depending on flips, we still have wildcards in: MM SB16 Mesk Lolde Gikkle

22. ISO #372

23. ISO #373

We can't tell the difference between someone abstaining from shooting because they truly townread the person and someone abstaining from shooting because they're scumbuddies. As such, we need to ask townpeople to put their personal reads aside and view the ITAs as simply extra TKs.

If you strongly townread someone and don't want them to get shot, petition against that wagon. If the thread still chooses them, then they need to be flipped.
    Sean is making a lot of sense here, especially with the first line.
    fucketh me in the ass

24. ISO #374

Bro come on i was fixing my bathtub for 12 hours. ;)

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

27. ISO #377

People can always be wrong.
    The only case where I could excuse it is if there's some sort of green check the person had on the potential ITA target.
    People can be wrong, you are correct.

This is all entirely hypothetical, and it depends on me for some reason strongly disagreeing with the town's consensus, while simultaneously not being convinced by their arguments and at the same time not being able to argue this hypothetical strong town read of mine's case and convince people to move off of them.

28. ISO #378

29. ISO #379

Quote Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara View Post
    I stopped reading the thread for 3 hours and you guys lost it already.
    On the contrary I think we have found it, or at least sean and I, PQ and Gikkle have yet to completely agree
    fucketh me in the ass

30. ISO #380

This is all entirely hypothetical, and it depends on me for some reason strongly disagreeing with the town's consensus, while simultaneously not being convinced by their arguments and at the same time not being able to argue this hypothetical strong town read of mine's case and convince people to move off of them.
    Who are your candidates to lynch/shoot today? Your commentary has been really bad in my view.

31. ISO #381

In this one specific edgecase, can you let go of your own town read and subsume yourself to the will of the town?
    fucketh me in the ass

32. ISO #382

33. ISO #383

34. ISO #384

35. ISO #385

and now I'm slightly nervous.

36. ISO #386

37. ISO #387

38. ISO #388

Well, I would think there would be a difference, inasmuch as I should be able to present a solid reason for persisting in my defiance of the town's consensus. If I'm just being stubborn, then you can start to wonder what my motivations truly are.

As for your second point, precisely why this whole thing is unlikely to happen - if I town read someone THAT strongly, either I have a good reason which I should be able to convince the town of to some degree or another, or I don't, and I should be convinced if I'm not hard headed. That doesn't mean this WON'T happen, though, for whatever reason.

39. ISO #389

40. ISO #390

Ah yes the dilemma I have faced before. What do you pick: a 90% ally or the fear of 10% deep wolf? And how should those odds affect our choices.
    Revealing my cards may not be good (or maybe will get me scumread) but i go with probabilities. And I AM HERE TO WIN WITH MY TOWN TEAM SO SCREW YOU 3P AND MAF. COME AT ME BROS. If this is the 10% deep wolf who fooled me, he probs deserves the win anyway.

41. ISO #391

Well, I would think there would be a difference, inasmuch as I should be able to present a solid reason for persisting in my defiance of the town's consensus. If I'm just being stubborn, then you can start to wonder what my motivations truly are.

As for your second point, precisely why this whole thing is unlikely to happen - if I town read someone THAT strongly, either I have a good reason which I should be able to convince the town of to some degree or another, or I don't, and I should be convinced if I'm not hard headed. That doesn't mean this WON'T happen, though, for whatever reason.
    I have begun to wonder.
    -vote Gikkle

42. ISO #392

43. ISO #393

44. ISO #394

Quote Originally Posted by BradLand View Post

Praise the sun
    Hey BradLand

We're 20 pages into the game, have anything to contribute?
    fucketh me in the ass

45. ISO #395

46. ISO #396

47. ISO #397

48. ISO #398

49. ISO #399

hence this chain

My comments regarding you are truthful regardless of alignment. Integrity is important to me. Why is the burden on me to change your mind, when your only reason for scum-leaning me seems to be that I am capable of pocketing you via my defense of you as I did that one game where i was scum and you were town? You also know very well that you won as Scum against Town~me when I expressed similar thoughts that there was no solid lead to lynch you. You cannot cherry pick one case over the other and produce a scum-leaning assessment of me when you are well aware that I have expressed similar thoughts from either alignment.

But now you have some things to change my mind:
    1. What prompted you to post the 13-player readslist this early?
    2. You seem to view me as scum-lean based on one of several past games in which I kicked your butt. You also commented to deathworlds that they must have gotten fooled by scum~MM in the past and, perhaps, that is why they voted MM. It is silly to assume that Town players (except, maybe, you) would vote based on past losses. You do know that as town, we must set aside prejudice and bias and play to win THIS game, right?
    3. Just so other people don't read much into this, I believe you referred to SB16 as "fellow" scum because you (scum)guys spanked me and Town in Politico. Correct me if I am wrong, and we have ourselves a two-fer
    ily you're my new best friend
    Way too affectionate and unilateral to be a pocketing attempt. Let's go TOWN!
    I'd feel better if you had asked why
    Like yes the reason is in bold above, I'm a sucker for "play the game in front of you" type posts, but if I'm dealing with someone who I've never encountered before I'm going to be more concerned with are they a baddie and are they trying to get in my good graces than if it were someone I'm more familiar with.

Not because I don't think my regulars could be pocketing but because it's a stranger that I've got zero baseline on.

The worry is mitigated because of an earlier exchange where he kinda pressed me on the whole LHF/Policy thing because he's right, PQR wasn't the topic of the policy conversation, it was Paopan.

But HK, you say, PQR is new to you, so where's the paranoia. My response to that is this: I didn't say all the reasons PQR reminds me of Ace.

50. ISO #400