S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk - Page 36
Register

User Tag List

Page 36 of 55 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 2710
  1. ISO #1751

2. ISO #1752

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

T'as become evidently univident to me that a dead person wished to be death. Why one citizen would forsake my presence is unbelievable. But let us make no mistake. This is a clear venue to offer the proposition of post-mortem voting. Yes, you heard me right Townsmen, and town women too.

They want us to vote their zombie corpse. For what? I can only imagine. But I will take this one big foot for me and one bigger foot for all my constituents.
    -vote FM-Matrix6

3. ISO #1753

4. ISO #1754

5. ISO #1755

6. ISO #1756

7. ISO #1757

8. ISO #1758

@FM-Politico

For basically the entire game your slot has not expressed any position on Last Hope, Atlantic, or Once Upon a Town and the positions expressed on myself, Wilder and Bisected were on D1.

I know its a lot of work dropping into a game but fresh perspectives are often very useful. Could you take some stance on reading players? If not all of them Wilder and Bisected are of particular interest.

9. ISO #1759

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post
    @FM-Politico

For basically the entire game your slot has not expressed any position on Last Hope, Atlantic, or Once Upon a Town and the positions expressed on myself, Wilder and Bisected were on D1.

I know its a lot of work dropping into a game but fresh perspectives are often very useful. Could you take some stance on reading players? If not all of them Wilder and Bisected are of particular interest.
    Why yes citizen. Offload your work on me. I will bare your burdens. Quilava is terrible, by the way.

I thought your words sounded choice at first but perhaps not. In the status quo, you know far more than me, but that's given. Just know when devils will the blackest sins they do put forth a show of kindness, or in your case reprieve.

I will analyze these players shortly.

10. ISO #1760

11. ISO #1761

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Politico View Post
    Why yes citizen. Offload your work on me. I will bare your burdens. Quilava is terrible, by the way.

I thought your words sounded choice at first but perhaps not. In the status quo, you know far more than me, but that's given. Just know when devils will the blackest sins they do put forth a show of kindness, or in your case reprieve.

I will analyze these players shortly.
    Thats fine.

Just so you know your slot came in looking strong D1, then got an N1 green peek and basically did nothing. I feel that you providing a fresh look at the game would both help us read your slot as well as help read some players of note.

Feel free to ask me anything. I am chewing on a few issues right now and very uncomfortable with how complacent the town has become.

12. ISO #1762

13. ISO #1763

14. ISO #1764

Thats fine.

Just so you know your slot came in looking strong D1, then got an N1 green peek and basically did nothing. I feel that you providing a fresh look at the game would both help us read your slot as well as help read some players of note.

Feel free to ask me anything. I am chewing on a few issues right now and very uncomfortable with how complacent the town has become.
    Let me check that citizen, after I gather myself a beer from my mini-fridge in my second house.

15. ISO #1765

16. ISO #1766

17. ISO #1767

18. ISO #1768

19. ISO #1769

20. ISO #1770

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Wilder Wastelander View Post
    Once again.

1. I targeted Silent Night.

2. Gravity Falls dies.

3. Bisected Souls was bussed.

If the bus driver just swaps two players, how can THIS be explained?
    If you had shot me I would be dead. If you are not making up that you took a card and were somehow able to use a kill function that was 1 shot and already used then either you are lying about who you targeted or some other redirect exists past the BD.

How do you feel about how little conversation has occurred from you revealing this issue? I would expect people to be very interested and picking apart potentials or reads or thoughts about your role claim but its like the town is almost apathetic.

Someone did point out to me that 'if' you are town your role might be self resolving. I would expect scum would absolutely want you dead if you are nearly as powerful as you claim. And I honestly wouldn't mind a bit of night protection and another night chat. But that puts the day in an odd position.

Politico and Bisected are the two largely discussed alternatives. Politico just has some very soft 'bad reaction' / low activity reasoning and Bisected has a role that makes 0 sense to be scum.

Party chat- Pro town function
    Prolong life- Pro town function
    Join a chat- could go either way

On top of that they were Jailed and extremely likely role blocked on a night with a kill strongly suggesting they are not the killer.

I feel like we should talk about this. I am not at all opposed to allowing time for Wilder to confirm they take dead role cards and confirm I can not kill. But if we are not going to sort between us and Bisected looks mechanically town I really think we need to get back to some basic hunting to look at an alternative to Politico so we are not just locked into a policy lynch on a slot that just replaced in.
    Or if the alternative is to not wait to sort me/Wilder some more substantial conversation should be going on about this situation. The paranoid part of me is wondering if the apathy I see yesterday and today suggests something is going on behind closed doors I know nothing about.

21. ISO #1771

22. ISO #1772

23. ISO #1773

Knowledge of any green peek is strictly beholden by members of congress. But what where you saying?
    Not much. Just explaining why your slot is discussed as a lynch option for today. There are a lot of posts so it will take a long time for you to read through the thread (if your the kind of player who does that when they replace in.) If not it will help you understand the situation you are in.

24. ISO #1774

On top of that they were Jailed and extremely likely role blocked on a night with a kill strongly suggesting they are not the killer.
    You claimed earlier that the code Gravity sent before dying meant he did jail. So you should've said "confirmed" instead of extremely likely.

25. ISO #1775

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Once Upon a Town View Post
    @FM-Silent Night didn't you read what i said ? There's definitely some other form of retarget/redirect.
    Sorry, My mind was dragging pretty bad when I left. Enough so I was reading mentions as votes (although I do still feel Wilders position of Hope, Politico and Myself being scum speaks to an unreasonable belief.)

Do you think a role could be town and do what Wilders does? If the scum lore is evil magic people I could see a Necromancer that animates the dead to act or something

26. ISO #1776

27. ISO #1777

You claimed earlier that the code Gravity sent before dying meant he did jail. So you should've said "confirmed" instead of extremely likely.
    No. The code he said meant 'Roleblock'. In context he was asking me who I thought he should roleblock. We also had a system for pointing at any player but rather than using it I just pointed to the PoE and hinted if he didn't have a real target I wouldn't mind some company given how productive our chat was last time.

Between him saying that and Bisected mentioning they were given reasoning why they would be blocked I feel like its extremely likely. -But- this is a bastard game. Who knows what mechanics and functions exist or what the OoO looks like. To assume the RB action actually took effect fully confirmed is saying too much to me.

28. ISO #1778

Discussion is stale, so i will reveal all i know :
    I targeted Silent Night N1 but didn't visit them.
    I targeted Wilder Wastelander N2 but didn't visit them.
    I know who i end up visiting as part of my night feedback.
    I may reveal that too if you feel it is required or would help.
    I would have to think about it.

Honestly what I think we need is more scum hunting and less mechanical analysis. Rebuilding my chart for D2 it was looking rather empty compared to D1. In the last 2 days (including a full chat night) we have had very little player analysis compared to D1 which is kinda bad.

29. ISO #1779

Sorry, My mind was dragging pretty bad when I left. Enough so I was reading mentions as votes (although I do still feel Wilders position of Hope, Politico and Myself being scum speaks to an unreasonable belief.)

Do you think a role could be town and do what Wilders does? If the scum lore is evil magic people I could see a Necromancer that animates the dead to act or something
    Actually, i think this role is plausible as town, contrary to what came up afterwards he's supposed to only have 1 ability at a time :
    Now about my role. It is... Amnesiac. But with a kinda trolling from the host:

Alignment: Town
    Role: Forgetful Amnesiac

Factional Abilities:
    Town is the uninformed majority and receives no factional abilities. Use your vote and your role to win!

Role Abilities:
    Remember
    (Day Action, Multitaskable)
    You may target a rolecard in the graveyard. You become that role (but not that alignment) until you use this ability again.

You retain this ability even after remembering a new roles.
    What strikes me most is the typo, tho : "a new roles". I don't think Lag would make such a mistake in a rolecard. I don't think that's wilder's real role and i don't think we're supposed to believe it is. May All Stars hear me from above : J-word.

30. ISO #1780

Actually, i think this role is plausible as town, contrary to what came up afterwards he's supposed to only have 1 ability at a time :

What strikes me most is the typo, tho : "a new roles". I don't think Lag would make such a mistake in a rolecard. I don't think that's wilder's real role and i don't think we're supposed to believe it is. May All Stars hear me from above : J-word.
    I am not sure that I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying that Wilder modified their role card or...?

What you just quoted flatly says abilities are retained. How would you know that Wilder is only suppose to have one ability at a time?

31. ISO #1781

32. ISO #1782

I would have to think about it.

Honestly what I think we need is more scum hunting and less mechanical analysis. Rebuilding my chart for D2 it was looking rather empty compared to D1. In the last 2 days (including a full chat night) we have had very little player analysis compared to D1 which is kinda bad.
    Mechanical analysis seems kinda doomed anyway if visits are randomized.
    Bisected's behavior still feels weird to me, but I've seen many townies act weird to me.
    I want to trust Mid Atlantic but the easiest explanation about the bussing around i experience is him lying about it. But at the same time it seems kinda risky for little benefit...
    Last Hope also feels meh, it looks like everyday there's something new to learn about his role. Not sure i understand what was to gain from not disclosing the invest ability had a CD.
    Politico was MIA, although because of his entrance i must say i have little hope.
    Wilder hasn't insulted anyone in quite some time. He's even been nice to me ! But then again what disguiser would put himself under scrutiny like he did today ? Solo voting him is looking like a serious option, tho.
    Silent Night, still the same. I don't see how it is "mechanically impossible" for him to be scum, tho. What did i miss ? I think it is less likely that you're deep wolfing now.

33. ISO #1783

I am not sure that I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying that Wilder modified their role card or...?

What you just quoted flatly says abilities are retained. How would you know that Wilder is only suppose to have one ability at a time?
    "You become that role (but not that alignment) until you use this ability again."
    Hence, when you use that ability again, you stop being the previous role... Which one of us sucks that bad at english ?

34. ISO #1784

35. ISO #1785

I somewhat understand. I find the assumption that Wilder had posted a modified version of their role card very odd though.

Looking at what it translates to in practice I suppose its not as OP as I had first assumed. Even if they kept their abilities it would mean going into N3 they would have the abilities:

Power word Kill (0 uses.. or now negative 1 uses?)
    Mind Control (Maybe can't be used if they have no mana?)
    Blackmail/Fake Blackmail (unlimited use forever)
    Jail / create a chat (unlimited use forever)
    Roleblock jailed target (unlimited use forever)

I suppose it could exist as some town counterbalance to swing ensuring town functions are retained as the game goes on? Although consolidating all dead town and scum roles on a slot is still pretty scum smashing even if some functions can be of little use. But then would that make sense with cult conversions? That would create a massive power swing. I dont know.

I just need to shut the fuck up about mechanics and follow my own advice and do some basic player analysis. I keep getting stuck on this role reveal although it baffles me why everyone else just kinda accepted it as a non issue. I am really having trouble accepting this role is could be town.

36. ISO #1786

"You become that role (but not that alignment) until you use this ability again."
    Hence, when you use that ability again, you stop being the previous role... Which one of us sucks that bad at english ?
    Yeah. I feel dumb. Lol.

It would both make sense for the role card as well as feel more balanced for a town role if what it was saying is you retain the ability to become another card (as opposed to you retain all abilities obtained.) If we look at it like that its not such an insane role.

37. ISO #1787

I want to trust Mid Atlantic but the easiest explanation about the bussing around i experience is him lying about it. But at the same time it seems kinda risky for little benefit...
    I can only say 2 of their targets N1 were a verified swap. Interesting thought though.
    Last Hope also feels meh, it looks like everyday there's something new to learn about his role. Not sure i understand what was to gain from not disclosing the invest ability had a CD.
    I did not mention it but if you look at their initial claim D1 it said something like 'One of my functions is to check alignment' or something strongly indicating they had more. If you look at the D2 start anon post chart I actually had an underlined + by their name claim because of this.

I am rather unsurprised to hear they have more functions If it matters although thats NAI.

38. ISO #1788

39. ISO #1789

40. ISO #1790

Silent Night I feel that I am being purely addressed as a posed lynch for tomorrow and I dont like it.

After this assessment I also realized it's too late for a duel.
    That has been my point over the last few hours. You have been largely looked at as some PoE/Policy lynch potential and there is little consensus outside of your slot and little conversation pushing in other directions. If you poke around and provide some reads it may allow people to read your slot and get a new perspective on existing ones.

If you don't like me being the one to point out the situation you are in so you can push back against it I don't know what to tell you there. I don't exactly see anyone else helping you out here.

41. ISO #1791

Bisected's behavior still feels weird to me, but I've seen many townies act weird to me.
    Politico was MIA, although because of his entrance i must say i have little hope.
    Wilder hasn't insulted anyone in quite some time. He's even been nice to me ! But then again what disguiser would put himself under scrutiny like he did today ? Solo voting him is looking like a serious option, tho.
    Silent Night, still the same. I don't see how it is "mechanically impossible" for him to be scum, tho. What did i miss ? I think it is less likely that you're deep wolfing now.
    These are interesting takes but could you be a little more clear on what your reads are? When I went to compare the stances you had before I had trouble assigning any 'scum/null/town' value to these statements.

Also gave it some thought. I do not see there is anything to make me mechanically town. I did vote at a critical time to swing the lynch on the warlock and I did quarterback the lynch yesterday which I feel very likely got another cult but there is no telling what exists in this game.

42. ISO #1792

43. ISO #1793

What typo do you mean, lol? Nothing is modified. No mistake, my role ability is multitaskable. I can remember more then one role. At the moment I am Jailor (Gravity Falls role).

44. ISO #1794

What typo do you mean, lol? Nothing is modified. No mistake, my role ability is multitaskable. I can remember more then one role. At the moment I am Jailor (Gravity Falls role).
    To be clear do you retain both Warlock and Jailor or do you forget Warlock when you take Jailor?

45. ISO #1795

The graveyard is my role pool, but I can only use the role that I have chosen during the day. This allows ne to use some tricks: for example, use the day ability of role remembered previous day, then change the role to another and use its night ability. But I am limited with that. I cannot use more then one day ability and more then one night ability.

46. ISO #1796

Discussion is stale, so i will reveal all i know :
    I targeted Silent Night N1 but didn't visit them.
    I targeted Wilder Wastelander N2 but didn't visit them.
    I know who i end up visiting as part of my night feedback.
    I may reveal that too if you feel it is required or would help.
    That's interesting. If it helps to clear or condemn someone, that would great so we can end the game.

47. ISO #1797

To be clear do you retain both Warlock and Jailor or do you forget Warlock when you take Jailor?
    I forget warlock, but I can remember warlock again if needed. The problem is that I cannot use his abilities more. First one is 1-shot, second one requires mana I have no way to gain (it's factional cult ability, but my faction is town even if I pick warlock).

48. ISO #1798

I don't see a reason anyone would modify their rolecard, i think this rolecard is fabricated.
    Wilder would be a prime target for the scum nightkill if they're town. I don't see why they wouldn't be the nightkill if they're town as being a jailor is pretty strong to confirm players as not killer.

49. ISO #1799

If thats the true level of bastard going on we are all dumb citizens thinking we have PR's that actually mean something. Lol

The piece I have that stands against that though was the Atlantic bus. The spy targeted the other guy, Atlantic bussed the other guy and me and I got into chat with the spy.

Maybe there is some hidden 'insane' modifier on some actions or roles which mean our actions function differently than we think? Could tin foil anything really.

Popped in my head so I had to cater to my incessant drive to ramble out loud before going back to working on a thing.

50. ISO #1800