Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 317: Eternia [LADDER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Lets see where this goes.
    To hell. You can't read me, it seems. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Mike again showing his bleeding town colors, I love it.

I agree that the low number of posts is NAI right now.

On some specific players:

I'd encourage you to read MM for a reason *other* than him townreading you. Take a look back at his posts and see if you read a town or a scum perspective in them. I'm getting more and more serious about the towncore of you+me+Helz+MM+Mesk.

You haven't said anything about Oberon. I'd suggest you actually re-engage your tunnel for a bit. He's the person you've thought the most about, and if you think about him some more you might get a read one way or the other, and this will make the rest of the game make more sense to you. Tbh, his behavior is largely NAI to me right now, but you might pick up on something subtle that I haven't.
    You are a condumdrum. This post is so dam towny.

Oberon I was scum reading but his reactions is so Town MAg. I am not wanting to lynch Oberon today. I gave MM a day 1 pass but you are right that town read on me as his top town has me off.

I truly do not know who i want to see lynched today. I do not want to put anyone above L3 not with 3 scum out there. Hammering does not mean Scum. So many people say oh scum would not hammer that would be outing. Scum and town hammer all the time and dont get lynched the next day. So dont give me the it is ok to put someone to L2 or L1 becuse if anyone hammers they would be outed.

I would hammer in a hartbeat and I am town. and so would many of you here. so Pressure Voteing is not a workable thing this game. It only outs our PR's
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You're making it look like not wanting to "defend" yourself from not having RVSed because it's useless (and it absolutely is useless) is scummy. It's not. And notice the wording: "making it look like". You're not stating it, just implying it.
    You've completely missed the point of my post. I'm not implying it's scummy to skip RVS. I'm implying it's scummy to only defend yourself against *some* of the arguments against you (wagonomics) but ignore others, (skipping RVS) especially when you're only addressing the one several people have picked at. (wagonomics)

Here, you're suggesting Helz is scum because he talked about "his memory" on the topic of active and inactive players.
    Haven't you read several of my past games? I'm not a 6-layers-of-WIFOM kind of player. I'm very straightforward with my intentions: I think Helz is town, (currently my #2 townread) and I want his behavior to remain unambiguously towny and strong. I want to get the most I can out of townHelz, and that's what my post was about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I am going to hardclaim citizen now though.
    -vote Frinkles
    frinkles knows how important PR’s are. In Insane Asylum he faked being cop just to get town to lynch the real one and got the other outed so they could kill thee we t night. 2 PR kills for the price of one mafia. Well played.

I can not imagine town Frinkles to EVER out as Cit day 1 with one Cit claim already out there. Makeing the PR pool even smaller. Mafia knows who they are so 9-2 is 7 people who can be 1 neutral 2 PR 4cits first cit claim makes it 1neut 2 pr 3 unknow cits. 2 makes it down to 2 so mafia will have better odds to find the PR with people claiming cit. and Frenckles knows this.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

7. ISO #257

I have trouble seeing a scum perspective in this post. He's really trying to evaluate Oberon in the face of all of the evidence before him instead of doubling down and using, say, Oberon's lack of defense to scumpaint him. A scumMike could really push for an Oberon train without looking suspicious, (believable tunnel vision and genuinely scummy things from Oberon) but he's not doing that here.

The paranoia also seems REALLY towny. It's my level of paranoia about Helz right now, tbh. If Mike is scum, he would KNOW if Helz is Mafia/Not Mafia, and it would be very hard to fake the correct level of doubt.

Mike might be my top town pick atm. (Helz and MM are up there too, but I expect them to be much more capable of faking something like this, whereas Mike would have to come up with it genuinely) I'll admit I may be underestimating Mike's ability to fake a town perspective, but he really looks genuine right now.
    This is accurate and fits with what I know of Mike's meta.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

8. ISO #258

-vote Frinkles
    frinkles knows how important PR’s are. In Insane Asylum he faked being cop just to get town to lynch the real one and got the other outed so they could kill thee we t night. 2 PR kills for the price of one mafia. Well played.

I can not imagine town Frinkles to EVER out as Cit day 1 with one Cit claim already out there. Makeing the PR pool even smaller. Mafia knows who they are so 9-2 is 7 people who can be 1 neutral 2 PR 4cits first cit claim makes it 1neut 2 pr 3 unknow cits. 2 makes it down to 2 so mafia will have better odds to find the PR with people claiming cit. and Frenckles knows this.
    I literally outted as a pr d1 last game you goof. and I've been at L1/L2 this game im pretty sure.

also its Frinckles so revote
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

I literally outted as a pr d1 last game you goof. and I've been at L1/L2 this game im pretty sure.

You have only been at L3 Oberon fake voted you. You where never at L2 or L1 untill I voted you.

11. ISO #261

You are a condumdrum. This post is so dam towny.

Oberon I was scum reading but his reactions is so Town MAg. I am not wanting to lynch Oberon today. I gave MM a day 1 pass but you are right that town read on me as his top town has me off.

I truly do not know who i want to see lynched today. I do not want to put anyone above L3 not with 3 scum out there. Hammering does not mean Scum. So many people say oh scum would not hammer that would be outing. Scum and town hammer all the time and dont get lynched the next day. So dont give me the it is ok to put someone to L2 or L1 becuse if anyone hammers they would be outed.

I would hammer in a hartbeat and I am town. and so would many of you here. so Pressure Voteing is not a workable thing this game. It only outs our PR's
    As someone who really relates to your thought process: D1 yeets are hard. Being able to know someone is 100%-without-a-doubt-scum on D1 is basically impossible. But it doesn't mean you're completely taking shots in the dark: 25%/33% of the other players are scum (depending on if Neutral is Senator or not) If you can get to the point of being 50-50 on someone, you've greatly increased your chance of actually catching a scum, and that's worth something.

Personally, I'm getting a bit close to 50-50 on some people just by PoE: I think you, Helz, and MM are town. Mesk seems likely town. Picking my top scum from FrostByte+Oberon+Frinckles+Dark Magician is hard because DM literally hasn't responded yet. FrostByte gives me mild town-meta vibes, so I wouldn't put him at the top of the yeet pile for today.

12. ISO #262

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

You've completely missed the point of my post. I'm not implying it's scummy to skip RVS. I'm implying it's scummy to only defend yourself against *some* of the arguments against you (wagonomics) but ignore others, (skipping RVS) especially when you're only addressing the one several people have picked at. (wagonomics)

Haven't you read several of my past games? I'm not a 6-layers-of-WIFOM kind of player. I'm very straightforward with my intentions: I think Helz is town, (currently my #2 townread) and I want his behavior to remain unambiguously towny and strong. I want to get the most I can out of townHelz, and that's what my post was about.
    I disagree, but I'll let Oberon speak for himself and give his own conclusions on the matter. Wouldn't want to give him a "get out of pressure free" card, especially since he hasn't been highly active (not lurking obviously, just not super active).

Erm, doesn't that imply you're town though? This would be begging the question.

15. ISO #265

16. ISO #266

oh well that's not my fault, stop fucking fake voting
    What is your fault is trying to insinuate that you only claimed citizen becuse you where at L2 or L1 that is not true. As justification to why you claim cit when I called you out for it.

17. ISO #267

What is your fault is trying to insinuate that you only claimed citizen becuse you where at L2 or L1 that is not true. As justification to why you claim cit when I called you out for it.
    what is wrong with claiming citizen when you obviously believe that I am one?

18. ISO #268

what is wrong with claiming citizen when you obviously believe that I am one?
    How do you get out of all that that I belive you are one???????

19. ISO #269

Erm, doesn't that imply you're town though? This would be begging the question.
    I'm not arguing my alignment here. I'm merely stating that I was not *at all* suggesting Helz was scum and that this should have been very clear from context. (Helz being a consistent townread for me)

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

23. ISO #273

@Frinckles , further updates on this post would be much more useful than however it is you're engaging with Mike's confusion.
    oh I'm just entertaining Mike trying to punish me for quite literally saying "i am citizen"

24. ISO #274

vroom vroom I'm ready to do this
    Hi
    I townread you. I like the energy. Mesk too. Still reading.
    Agreed on Oberon, less so on Mesk but I can see it at least a bit
    I am going to hardclaim citizen now though.
    Pretty early for that... It's not like you were getting instantly lynched, lynch is plurality + majority and early hammers are universally recognized as bad. You could have at least tried to change our minds first.
    id be okay with lynching FrostByte or MM here. Too much hand-waving from them.
    What is "hand-waving" in this context?

Fair point, but you weren't at L-2 and even less at L-1. And again, early hammerers instantly go to the lake of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, so your fear is exaggerated here.
    And exaggerated fear of early lynch usually comes from either noobs or town. Since you're not a noob...

-vote FrostByte

"Town is in a bad position, the first two pages are only shitposts!!!!"
    proceeds to disappear
    No.

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    are we gonna see Mesk and youse flip scum at EoD? god that would be cruel on Auwts part 😂
    I like posts like this. I like the energy and I like the pressure.

As far as Mesk, ill take the citizen meta gamble.

27. ISO #277

Im back and catching up. Should be able to play today, the thing went quick.

Also @Oberon
    You do realize that when I was cracking wolf jokes with Matt I did not have a role card yet right? There is no way any of that could be AI.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

28. ISO #278

I'm not arguing my alignment here. I'm merely stating that I was not *at all* suggesting Helz was scum and that this should have been very clear from context. (Helz being a consistent townread for me)
    "Being straightforward with your intentions" certainly does not apply to your scum game, unless you say outloud "Hey, time to mislynch X!" as scum, in which case I missed something :P. Your point about townreading Helz does make sense, though; what I was saying is that you fired a discreet shot at him. It's not big, just something that stood out to me.

29. ISO #279

We really don't have the kind of time for that.
    What else did you want to know? I think you asked me if low-posters might be scum this game? That'd be me and DM right? So obvious no to the first one and maybe to the second?

The way I see it is, many players have the ability here to effortpost the living hell out of the game and look towny so finding information and rhetoric is what I'm doing this game. Oberon (who needs to stop fake voting) fits that.

30. ISO #280

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    Im back and catching up. Should be able to play today, the thing went quick.

Also @Oberon
    You do realize that when I was cracking wolf jokes with Matt I did not have a role card yet right? There is no way any of that could be AI.
    This was also confirmed by Host.

31. ISO #281

What else did you want to know? I think you asked me if low-posters might be scum this game? That'd be me and DM right? So obvious no to the first one and maybe to the second?

The way I see it is, many players have the ability here to effortpost the living hell out of the game and look towny so finding information and rhetoric is what I'm doing this game. Oberon (who needs to stop fake voting) fits that.
    That was an earlier prod. Right now, I mainly want to know:

Who do you have reads/leans on, (and why), and who is still null to you?

32. ISO #282

Something that just occurred to me, We may want to consider keeping our last wills updated throughout the day if your working up complex reads. The Mafia Assassin has the power to day kill at the 24 hour mark or days end. We could counter them preventing a read from dropping by dumping the notes into a LW update just before those times.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    My gut reaction is that this type of shit makes you town but you're good at controlling perception so this type of shit only means you want to be viewed as town. Regardless, this is helpful and we should pay attention to last wills. Could also be you coaching fellow scum and pointing them in the direction you think is right. You do this as scum, after all.
    Something that pinged me on this is how could this possibly benefit scum? And why would I push town favored strategy to communicate with my team mate if I had a wolf chat with them?

I kinda wonder if you actually had any thought process here or if you were just painting me.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

33. ISO #283

And Frostbyte. https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/misc....posted&t=47841
    Especially Frostbyte, seeing this:
    Town is in a tough spot. The first 2 pages (50ppp) are shitposting. We have 3 pages worth of potentially actionable info and people are asking for full, in-depth reads.

Oof.
    He disappeared after this. He wasn't even eating tacos like Helz was. UNFORGIVABLE.
    (but seriously, saying this and disappearing afterwards with the lowest post count in the game after the host is bad)

34. ISO #284

This was also confirmed by Host.
    All of this is a non-issue and even a non-information (someone not having their rolecard can't give anything relevant, and if by some miracle it could, the information obtained would be angleshooty). This is pretty much a waste of time.

35. ISO #285

That was an earlier prod. Right now, I mainly want to know:

Who do you have reads/leans on, (and why), and who is still null to you?
    Town: Oberon, Mesk
    Townlean: Mattzed
    Null: Helz, Mike, DM
    Scumlean: MM, Frostbyte

I think that's everyone. Obviously MM & FB don't seem like a scumteam considering the votes but its kind of early to worldbuild anyway.

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

All of this is a non-issue and even a non-information (someone not having their rolecard can't give anything relevant, and if by some miracle it could, the information obtained would be angleshooty). This is pretty much a waste of time.
    MM I agree 100% That is why I added that it was confirmed by host. Meaning anyone Useing that info to paint is 2 things

1 not reading the game = Scummy
    2 trying to come up with fake reads = Scummy

39. ISO #289

I think that's everyone. Obviously MM & FB don't seem like a scumteam considering the votes but its kind of early to worldbuild anyway.
    It'd be nice to have an explaination on "hand-waving" Frostbyte and I are supposedly guilty of. Especially since our plays seem rather different this game.

Strong townreads: Mike
    Medium townreads: Helz
    Medium-low townreads: Mattzed, Mesk
    Low townreads (aka soft townleans): Oberon, Frinckles
    Null: DM
    Scummy: Frostbyte
    Scum: @Varcron

40. ISO #290

I'd actually move Mike down to a scumlean for jumping on my cit claim so hard (which was funny because I asked him to re-vote.) Unfortunately, scum!Mike would just say it was a test.
    Roflol Umguss much?

I stand behind my read on you. IT WAS NOT A TEST!!!!!

My vote on MM was a test to see if frost would back off.

You hard Claiming Cit and over and over repeating I asked him to revote. as if you are seeking town cred.

Yes it is townie of you to ask some one to revote you when they make a mistake on the vote. But what is not townie of you is to keep bringing it up for town cred.

41. ISO #291

I've seen enough to actually change my mind on who I'm most interested in.

-vote FrostByte

His going-against-the-grain attitude really reminded me of his town play last game, but after looking over all *11* of his posts this game, there's nothing I actually like. It's good to have town who poke holes in the accepted narrative, but they aren't actually *good* pokes. There's one post I skimmed over the first time that really bothers me now:

The fact that the post was made with 0 other information in it and nothing to really grab the eye looks like you wanted it to fly under the radar rather than point town in the right direction. You're officially my first scumlean.
    Giving Helz a scumlean for one of his more town-contributing posts isn't right. Of all the content ANYONE has posted in this game, that's what catches FB's eye and makes him scumlean Helz? I don't buy it.

I'm open the possibility FB simply misread the setup or what Helz said, but I'm locking in my top scumread for now.

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

Roflol Umguss much?

I stand behind my read on you. IT WAS NOT A TEST!!!!!

My vote on MM was a test to see if frost would back off.

You hard Claiming Cit and over and over repeating I asked him to revote. as if you are seeking town cred.

Yes it is townie of you to ask some one to revote you when they make a mistake on the vote. But what is not townie of you is to keep bringing it up for town cred.
    Being forthcoming about my read on you and why isn't scummy when you are clearly being opportunistic about a claim that holds little effect on the game.

44. ISO #294

For the record, I'm classifying Frinckles as being low effort this game, and this post is the sort of thing I'd expect from a low-effort town in response to my questions.

Weak townlean because of low number of posts, but enough to not be in my top-3 picks for today's yeet.

45. ISO #295

Helz is just not tempting to lynch. I wouldn't even say this stems from pure charisma (like how it is for some "stars" on some sites, who shitpost a lot, are funny, and just get to endgame without much effort if they're not watched), but rather from logic and stability. And well, everything he says makes perfect logical sense. There's the fact he went from normal RVS to "alternative RVS" instead of straight up trying to come out of it himself while thinking town should be trying to drive us out of RVS, though, which bothers me a bit.

I can buy Helz's answer that he does not believe in D1 pressure too much. The only disturbing thing is that he was, as far as I know, not striving to drive town out of RVS on page 1 (50 posts/page), but rather striving to launch a phase of "alternative RVS". Granted it did not last long, though.
    To be clear I do not feel that RVS evolves into alternative RVS. I literally see the plays as the 2 commonly used strategies used to achieve the goal of getting the game rolling where players are reading etch-other. Both randomly voting and digging through the setup and pushing strategy do the exact same thing in my mind. I also feel like most players dont understand how to use normal RVS. They have to push reachy insane reasoning with their votes so more and more logical reasoning can be used to break RVS. Look at our D1 and that was not happening from the majority of the players.

As for pressure I do pressure. I just dont believe in throwing a vote on someone and expecting it to have an effect. Consider Frinckles. Multiple people voiced concern that he was around but not participating and wanted to push him to participate so they threw votes. But there were no questions for him past a vague message of 'participate' so when he came around I 'pressured' him by expressing the situation without beating him with a wet noodle saying "GIVE ME CONTENT NOW."
    I feel that true pressure comes from people expressing "I am willing to lynch this player" because even if a player has no votes on them any experienced player will recognize they could be thrown into a CFD lynch and are in danger of the noose at the end of the day regardless of the vote count.
    Conclusion: Helz looks good, but the voice of paranoia tells me not to townread him too quickly. Since it's the voice of paranoia more than the voice of pure reason, I have a mild townread on him, but people shouldn't put too much instantaneous faith in him.
    This sort of line of thought is the type of thing that makes me more comfortable with Marshmallow.

46. ISO #296

@FrostByte , if you're town, I would like to see the following from you:

1. Do you still have a scumlean on Helz for pointing out we should keep LWs? If no, what changed your mind?
    2. Who do you have reads on, and who are you still uncertain on?

47. ISO #297

For the record, I'm classifying Frinckles as being low effort this game, and this post is the sort of thing I'd expect from a low-effort town in response to my questions.

Weak townlean because of low number of posts, but enough to not be in my top-3 picks for today's yeet.
    I am now one post behind the 4th highest poster.

48. ISO #298

49. ISO #299

@Helz , what do you think of what FrostByte said here? He's insinuating your holy advice to keep an updated LW could somehow be coaching to scum, but I'm really not seeing any universe where that could be the case. (mafia aren't going to die to assassination)
    Mind meld.

As I pointed out earlier thats what bothers me. Its like pushing "Hey I found a Tell" so I had to ask.. What is that tell? I have trouble thinking up any world where saying "Town should update last wills" has any coaching value to scum and the setup itself requires no such thing when wolves share a chat.

With that in mind I could see this as an indicator of fake scum hunting in an effort to paint or blend as hunting.

50. ISO #300

@FrostByte , if you're town, I would like to see the following from you:

1. Do you still have a scumlean on Helz for pointing out we should keep LWs? If no, what changed your mind?
    2. Who do you have reads on, and who are you still uncertain on?
    I'm uncertain on literally everyone because almost everything D1 is either shitposting, MUH META, or setup speculation. I legit fucking hate giving reads d1 because it's always wasted effort.

I was still basically asleep when I made that post, I don't remember what the fuck I was thinking. If it comes to me I'll let you know.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1