S-FM A Forum Mafia Spring Beginning - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301
    Rachyl

Re: S-FM A Forum Mafia Spring Beginning

lol srcreenplay huh? interesting choice. please do tell me why you chose him.

2. ISO #302

3. ISO #303

4. ISO #304
    Rachyl

lol you guys act like we cant win since i claimed doc, that couldnt be farther from the truth. We can and WILL still win. This mafia member is still controlling the flow. He probably figures "hey i might as well keep doing it anyways, it would look suspicious if i stopped" everyone calm down on your lynches for now. we still got a few hours to discuss. and i want to see what certain people say in the near future. people are so quick to lynch for no reason.

5. ISO #305
    Rachyl

Lets go Dougler, im still waiting to hear why you want to lynch srcreenplay.

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by Rachyl View Post
    lol you guys act like we cant win since i claimed doc, that couldnt be farther from the truth. We can and WILL still win. This mafia member is still controlling the flow. He probably figures "hey i might as well keep doing it anyways, it would look suspicious if i stopped" everyone calm down on your lynches for now. we still got a few hours to discuss. and i want to see what certain people say in the near future. people are so quick to lynch for no reason.
    who's saying we can't win since your doc?

I'm saying by staying at a standstill we are giving the mafia an advatage.

Your words make it seem your pointing to douglas or myself, the only two people who tried to make progress on day 2.

A vote (as I've learned) is also the best way to actually get people to talk. And while 7 hours is a lot, compared to the 48 we were given, in 41 hours we made basically 0 progress.

7. ISO #307
    Rachyl

calm down ccatman, we still have like 7 hours. whats YOUR rush anyways? hmmmmmm

8. ISO #308

9. ISO #309
    Rachyl

I think we should vote up the people that arent posting or hardly even playing. Because its made the game quite boring. They just lurk or dont even say anything

10. ISO #310

I already explained my reasoning on Screenplay, ie. his BS vote on Alijach d1, the fact that he didn't vote. I also just feel off about him. I know ot doesn't count for shit but it's the same way I feel about ccantman, like he is a sketchbag but there is nothing concrete to point to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

11. ISO #311

I think we should vote up the people that arent posting or hardly even playing. Because its made the game quite boring. They just lurk or dont even say anything
    @Alijach
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

12. ISO #312

@SuperJack If the Mafia is AFK at night is the consort able to kill someone?

There was a kill last night, so we know at least the mafia is present, unless the answer from SJ says otherwise. So even if the consort is AFK, (which we don't even know as you said you didn't target 22), the mafia is still playing.

13. ISO #313

14. ISO #314

Rachyl is so right though. Gyrlander could be scum for all we know, but if we lynch our best rationalization would be "this guy was afk yesterday". It puts us in an awkward position of constantly giving possible scum the benefit of the doubt.

15. ISO #315

I'm sick of trying to scumhunt when so many have been afk and inactive today. We'd have better odds literally just picking at random right now.

16. ISO #316
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by thedougler View Post
    Rachyl is so right though. Gyrlander could be scum for all we know, but if we lynch our best rationalization would be "this guy was afk yesterday". It puts us in an awkward position of constantly giving possible scum the benefit of the doubt.
    right. i really think we should consider voting up one of the Lurkers to get this thing moving. it ruins the game when someone decides to play and just doesnt play the entire time, or just lurks. in any case. we should be weary of the lurkers because any of them could be mafia(s)

17. ISO #317

Quote Originally Posted by ccantman View Post
    The day should end in about 8 hours.

That being said, we need more discussion folks, we already lost a whole day waiting for a replacement. got it, and have still been at a standstill for the past half day.

I have my vote on Fury, and no one really has said anything to make me want to take my vote off him.

If we stay like this, we pass day 2 without a lynch, which only benefits the Mafia at this point.

Either you think I'm mafia and everything I say is bull, or think I'm not mafia, in which case 2 of the others need to be mafia, but right now, no one is saying anything excepting they are waiting to bait. Well if we continue to wait, nothing is going to happen. The clock is ticking.
    I agree that we need to discuss more. I just finished my 2nd midterm, so I'm good for the rest of today. And if you say that I've said nothing to dissuade you, then what have I done to persuade you that I am evil? Maybe I was too defensive, but honestly I was embarrassed and the day that we had off only made me think about it/regret it more. I wasn't level-headed, I'll admit. If you are willing to read my last post in particular, I hope you'll see my point of view. If you don't see it, then feel free to bring up a specific point for me to respond to.

18. ISO #318

QUOTE=srceenplay;675396]I was curious of cantman but after rereading I see them as someone who is trying to over analyze and over think. So much so that they are talking in circles. Normally I would find that bad but as how this is a newbie game I put it as learning[/QUOTE]

SP townreads Ccantman here right after ccantman calls Fury's hammer vote scummy. SP's entire position seems so contrived, almost like he and ccantman agreed lastnight they would lynch Fury today. They would pick on the most obvious event of significance yesterday, Fury's hammer vote, and try to get him lynched on it. @Fury what do you think of the possibility Screenplay/ccantman are engaging in a coordinated effort against you?

19. ISO #319

Requesting permission to edit above post to add final bracket. Copy+pasting from mobile is a pain in the ass. >.<

20. ISO #320

I'll agree the afk's made this game boring, but because that rationalization has no logic behind it. It is basically Russian Roulette, not sure how useful pod shots are. 2/7 Not the best odds.

But i suppose it is better than not lynching them, having the mafia hit an active town, and then still being left with an afk town on day 3.

I'll relook though your defense fury

21. ISO #321

QUOTE=srceenplay;675396]I was curious of cantman but after rereading I see them as someone who is trying to over analyze and over think. So much so that they are talking in circles. Normally I would find that bad but as how this is a newbie game I put it as learning
    SP townreads Ccantman here right after ccantman calls Fury's hammer vote scummy. SP's entire position seems so contrived, almost like he and ccantman agreed lastnight they would lynch Fury today. They would pick on the most obvious event of significance yesterday, Fury's hammer vote, and try to get him lynched on it. @Fury what do you think of the possibility Screenplay/ccantman are engaging in a coordinated effort against you?[/QUOTE]

If this is true, then it's definitely scummy. I'll have to check the posts. Be right back though.

22. ISO #322
    Rachyl

I really do feel like the mafia or both mafias could be one or two of the lurkers.

23. ISO #323

24. ISO #324

25. ISO #325

I really do feel like the mafia or both mafias could be one or two of the lurkers.
    Well let's look at permutations

a)2 Lurkers are Mafia
    b)1 lurker is mafia, 1 active is mafia
    c)2 actives are mafia

In the case of A we can just talk in circles and not get anywhere blamining each other.
    But in B and C, one of us is Mafia.

If was was to guess, I think A is the least likely chance. B may be high, but I don't know.
    Given that B and C combined are most likely though, would it not be in our best interest to get the active mafia player not the inactive mafia player, because in the chance of C, we are 100% hitting town. only in A is our chance of hitting a mafia 0%

26. ISO #326

If was was to guess, I think A is the least likely chance. B may be high, but I don't know.
    Given that B and C combined are most likely though, would it not be in our best interest to get the active mafia player not the inactive mafia player, because in the chance of C, we are 100% hitting town if we lynch an inactive. Therefore we should try and try and find the active mafia because only in A is our chance of hitting a mafia 0%, which I believe is the lowest chance.

Filling in missing reasoning for logic to be more clear

27. ISO #327
    Rachyl

Given that B and C combined are most likely though, would it not be in our best interest to get the active mafia player not the inactive mafia player, because in the chance of C, we are 100% hitting town if we lynch an inactive. Therefore we should try and try and find the active mafia because only in A is our chance of hitting a mafia 0%, which I believe is the lowest chance.

Filling in missing reasoning for logic to be more clear
    We have to go on the assumption that mafia are active players. At least thats what im going to do. Like i said in one of my earlier posts, they are controlling the flow of the game by being involved in our conversations. Is it possible that a mafia is a lurker? yes. but I am seriously starting to doubt that. I am not going to name any names yet because i want to hear what you guys have to say.

28. ISO #328

Is it possible that a mafia is a lurker? yes. but I am seriously starting to doubt that.
    If you weren't confirmed, this would be sending so many flags right now

29. ISO #329

Quote Originally Posted by srceenplay View Post
    I am at work.

Mafia is Doug and Fury.

Doug has has defended Fury.
    Iirc Doug understood and accepted my reasoning for strong pushes D1 when a lot of people didn't. Now he is going back and calling it scumy.

I am at work and will dig for quotes to make a case when I get home. 4 hours.
    But I never argued against a lynch on principal. But a lynch based on little or no reasoning (eg. ""HE SAID GOOD LUCK TO US.") is always going to be anti town. You've accused 3 different people who ended up being town now, in which I include myself. Sorry if I don't trust you as far as I can throw you.

30. ISO #330
    Rachyl

If you weren't confirmed, this would be sending so many flags right now
    Which i pretty much AM confirmed. Seeing as how i was never counterclaimed. So what are you trying to say, that i am mafia?
    Dont even push me, or i will vote you up ccantman. And i mean it.

31. ISO #331

Which i pretty much AM confirmed. Seeing as how i was never counterclaimed. So what are you trying to say, that i am mafia?
    Dont even push me, or i will vote you up ccantman. And i mean it.
    If i didn't think you were actually doctor, I would of voted for you by now. I'm pointing out that your statements keep contradicting each other

32. ISO #332

Quote Originally Posted by srceenplay View Post
    I am at work.

Mafia is Doug and Fury.

Doug has has defended Fury.
    Iirc Doug understood and accepted my reasoning for strong pushes D1 when a lot of people didn't. Now he is going back and calling it scumy.

I am at work and will dig for quotes to make a case when I get home. 4 hours.
    I'm reading your post and trying to understand it. You think Dougler is mafia because he defended me, but why do you think I'm mafia? This is disregarding the fact that dougler was the main advocate for lynching me after ccantman pointed me out. I appreciate that both of them read my reasoning, as they aren't pushing for a lynch on me now. If you were to do the same and read my posts where I explained myself, then maybe you too would stop seeing me as scum. Please, if you can articulate your points on why you think I'm mafia so that I can respond, then please post. I seem to think you're a little less scummy than others do, but if you aren't willing to enunciate why you want to lynch me, then I think something is awry.

33. ISO #333

Quote Originally Posted by Fury View Post
    I'm reading your post and trying to understand it. You think Dougler is mafia because he defended me, but why do you think I'm mafia? This is disregarding the fact that dougler was the main advocate for lynching me after ccantman pointed me out. I appreciate that both of them read my reasoning, as they aren't pushing for a lynch on me now. If you were to do the same and read my posts where I explained myself, then maybe you too would stop seeing me as scum. Please, if you can articulate your points on why you think I'm mafia so that I can respond, then please post. I seem to think you're a little less scummy than others do, but if you aren't willing to enunciate why you want to lynch me, then I think something is awry.
    Hmmm trying to get him to further explain his points rather than voting instinctively. I am giving Fury a very pro-town read.

34. ISO #334
    Rachyl

If i didn't think you were actually doctor, I would of voted for you by now. I'm pointing out that your statements keep contradicting each other
    So why dont you stop wasting your time by pointing ur little finger at me, and find the real mafia?

35. ISO #335

Well let's look at permutations

a)2 Lurkers are Mafia
    b)1 lurker is mafia, 1 active is mafia
    c)2 actives are mafia

In the case of A we can just talk in circles and not get anywhere blamining each other.
    But in B and C, one of us is Mafia.

Given that B and C combined are most likely though, would it not be in our best interest to get the active mafia player not the inactive mafia player, because in the chance of C, we are 100% hitting town. only in A is our chance of hitting a mafia 0%
    AB seems as likely as BC to me. But maybe you know more than we do??? I think if we're in case BC then ccantman/screenplay are the maf. If it's case AB then it's Alijach and someone else, possibly Gyrlander with him. That's what I've reasoned so far.

36. ISO #336

AB seems as likely as BC to me. But maybe you know more than we do??? I think if we're in case BC then ccantman/screenplay are the maf. If it's case AB then it's Alijach and someone else, possibly Gyrlander with him. That's what I've reasoned so far.
    If I knew more, don't you think I would be trying to convince we should go after AFK's? Why do you think 2 lurkers is the same chance as 2 active?
    In both cases, B is a constant ,so its A vs C.

Who are our AFKS, Allijach and Gyrlander? In the case of A, it needs to be both of them. Thats why I'm saying it is probobly not A. Unless your counting SP in the AFK list?

37. ISO #337

I would definitely classify Alijach as a lurker at 14 posts. His posts are usually long and in depth, but he has posted less in total than the host (17) and only slightly more than Varnic (11), who died yesterday.

I would classify SP as an "active lurker". He has more posts than anyone here but Rachyl, but they seldom reach paragraph length or more than a few lines. Often little to nothing of substance is said, and as above we are given a promise of substantive leads "later". It seems like he wants us to think he's involved without actually putting too much into his posts that might give him away.

38. ISO #338

Well, I've started to ISO players and I'm starting to be quite dissapointed. I started with ccantman but have seen that he has done almost no scum hunting, just talking about the setup and things about roles which kind of makes me sad.

I'm afraid that almost everyone will have done the same. I want EVERYONE to post their thoughts on everyone. Like right now. I can't scum-hunt using my technique if you guys haven't have like... argued with people and such.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

39. ISO #339

40. ISO #340
    Rachyl

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Well, I've started to ISO players and I'm starting to be quite dissapointed. I started with ccantman but have seen that he has done almost no scum hunting, just talking about the setup and things about roles which kind of makes me sad.

I'm afraid that almost everyone will have done the same. I want EVERYONE to post their thoughts on everyone. Like right now. I can't scum-hunt using my technique if you guys haven't have like... argued with people and such.
    Honestly, im not sure who to trust right now. And i feel like i shouldnt trust any of you. But im looking for a certain reaction from players when i see them get pressured. One player really stands out right now, and like i said, that he is controlling the flow of the game. I just want to see what else he does before i vote him up

41. ISO #341

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post

^^^^ The only time I ever posted something approaching ISO length (not an ISO but gave substantive reads on 4 players with quotes), Screenplay complained it was too long and hurt his little brain. At the time I dismissed it as SP being a noob, but now you've brought this up I can see how anti-town it was... The guy doesn't want ISOs, or anything longer than 2-3 sentences lol.

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

What does ISO stand for?
    I'll need to post thoughts when I get home in about 30
    It's short for "isolation" IIRC, a collection of just one player's significant quotes with point by point analysis. It's happened only at very small scales in this game.

44. ISO #344

45. ISO #345

The only way to ISO here in sc2mafia is to go to the subforum where the thread is and clicking on the number of posts. This will open a small window. You then click on the number of posts corresponding to the player you have to ISO. Then, BADOOM!!! All posts appear. Although they're not 100% if they're too big.

Yeah, the way of ISO'ing people here sucks dick.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/misc.p...posted&t=39528

Use this so you dont have to go to the subforum thing.

46. ISO #346

Also, when I say ISO is me reading all posts of a player and evaluating the feeling that I get from the player. I don't do the hard-working way of putting all quotes and saying my opinion.

I'm lazy.

Rachyl, I would like to say who the person you're talking is. Then, if we agree, we can proceed to pressure him. But just holding it will make this awfully slow. And we don't have much time.

47. ISO #347
    Rachyl

Ill be back later im going to play Resident Evil. I hope to see some more posts from you guys about who you think it could be

48. ISO #348

I'm still wondering why the fuck mafia didn't kill Rachyl. It is too fucking weird.

If there is a doc hiding hoping Rachyl to preserve his life, he must claim. Just making sure that Rachyl isn't playing pro mafia using your desire for self-preservation...

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350