Register

User Tag List

Thread: Final Fantasy

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Final Fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    True fact: I have played most final fantasy games. I have never finished one.
    I : Good classic, but kinda boring. 3.5/5
    II : Good classic, but kinda boring. 3.5/5
    III : Personally not a good one. 2.5/5
    IV : Good story and was the true original "gather the four elements" plot. 4/5.
    V : Average story that I couldn't remember too much. 3.5/5.
    VI : The defining game for NES and SNES. Also you can suplex a fucking train. 5/5.
    VII : Good story and gameplay but has a stereotype emo main character that you can't really like. Classic Runescape had better graphics. 3/5.
    VIII : Average story but shitty gameplay. Leveling is discouraged as it makes the game harder and requires a lot of research. 3/5.
    IX : The defining game for PS1 and is among the best Final Fantasy games. 5/5.
    X : Good story, an almost perfect gameplay but has an obnoxious main character. Has fucking Blitzball which is awesome. 4.5/5.
    XI : Laggy MMO with too much fucking grinding and a mediocre story. Enjoyable roleplaying community but toxic PvE/PvP. 2.5/5.
    XII : Average story, unique battle / exploration system that works for the game. Obnoxious Vaan. 3.5/5.
    XIII : Fantastic graphics, boring story. Only two characters were memoriable. Combat is automatic. Extremely linear. 2.5/5.
    XIV : MMO with too much fucking end-game grinding and a boring story. Enjoyable player community in general though. 3.5/5.

FF MQ : Shitty plot, game is dumbed down, the game is broken and you're bored. 1/5.
    IV AY : The story is almost identical to IV in some way except kinda boring. 3/5
    VII CC : Good story and some memoriable characters. Combat is sluggish and the main game is actually short. 3.5/5.
    VII DoC : Boring story, boring gameplay, boring characters. 1.5/5.
    X-2 : Average story, way more unserious than X, childish in some places. Fast phased turn combat, fucking obnoxious to 100%. 3.5/5.
    X-2 LM : Boring dungeoncrawler that's biased and requires more research than it deserves. One mistake resets the whole fucking game. 1.5/5.
    XII RW : Good story and was mostly enjoyable, characters were less annoying. Repetitive game and offered little true variety. 3.5/5.
    XIII-2 : Extremely confusing story but better than the prequel. Too many contradictions. Combat is semi-automatic. Graphics is nice. 3/5.
    XIII-3 : Majora's Mask but done completely shitty. Story is boring, repetitive and the game is so severely unpolished that it's laughable. 1/5.

TL;DR: Best games are IX and VI.
    Last edited by RLVG; July 18th, 2016 at 03:30 PM.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    True fact: I have played most final fantasy games. I have never finished one.
    If you had to finish/Play one, make it Final Fantasy IX.

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    You sir, have my respect. IX = Best FF Ever.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

5. ISO #5

I : Good classic, but kinda boring. 3.5/5
    II : Good classic, but kinda boring. 3.5/5
    III : Personally not a good one. 2.5/5
    IV : Good story and was the true original "gather the four elements" plot. 4/5.
    V : Average story that I couldn't remember too much. 3.5/5.
    VI : The defining game for NES and SNES. Also you can suplex a fucking train. 5/5.
    VII : Good story and gameplay but has a stereotype emo main character that you can't really like. Classic Runescape had better graphics. 3/5.
    VIII : Average story but shitty gameplay. Leveling is discouraged as it makes the game harder and requires a lot of research. 3/5.
    X : Good story, an almost perfect gameplay but has an obnoxious main character. Has fucking Blitzball which is awesome. 4.5/5.
    XI : Laggy MMO with too much fucking grinding and a mediocre story. Enjoyable roleplaying community but toxic PvE/PvP. 2.5/5.
    XII : Average story, unique battle / exploration system that works for the game. Obnoxious Vaan. 3.5/5.
    XIII : Fantastic graphics, boring story. Only two characters were memoriable. Combat is automatic. Extremely linear. 2.5/5.
    XIV : MMO with too much fucking end-game grinding and a boring story. Enjoyable player community in general though. 3.5/5.

FF MQ : Shitty plot, game is dumbed down, the game is broken and you're bored. 1/5.
    IV AY : The story is almost identical to IV in some way except kinda boring. 3/5
    VII CC : Good story and some memoriable characters. Combat is sluggish and the main game is actually short. 3.5/5.
    VII DoC : Boring story, boring gameplay, boring characters. 1.5/5.
    X-2 : Average story, way more unserious than X, childish in some places. Fast phased turn combat, fucking obnoxious to 100%. 3.5/5.
    X-2 LM : Boring dungeoncrawler that's biased and requires more research than it deserves. One mistake resets the whole fucking game. 1.5/5.
    XII RW : Good story and was mostly enjoyable, characters were less annoying. Repetitive game and offered little true variety. 3.5/5.
    XIII-2 : Extremely confusing story but better than the prequel. Too many contradictions. Combat is semi-automatic. Graphics is nice. 3/5.
    XIII-3 : Majora's Mask but done completely shitty. Story is boring, repetitive and the game is so severely unpolished that it's laughable. 1/5.

TL;DR: Best games are IX and VI.
    Agreed that VI is the best. I was underrated -- would have been much more playable with auto-changed targets after an enemy dies. Mystic Quest was a cute starter RPG. IV was solid and V was underrated.
    Last edited by DarknessB; July 18th, 2016 at 03:38 PM.

6. ISO #6

Did you play? PvE was competitive, and PvP was non-existent. :P
    Grinding is also best :Q_ I love grinding in games. Although, I loved how in all the solo player turn-based Final Fantasy games, Grinding was mandatory.
    Some stories were mediocre, others were good. Fact that you had to read a fucking novel to have the story was a pain in the ass when you're racing to finish so your group can advance the story. Music was amazing

I never noticed lag in the game.

I am biased, I loved that game hahahahahah

I and II were pretty sick. Surprising how long the game can actually be.
    4 was also classic, but mainly because I played it on the SNES. Has the nostalgia factor.
    7 was obviously good, has the large cult following.
    9 was good, because fucking tetra master omg
    10 was had an good story and so many side branches that extended the play times.
    11 I loved, played for years lol Mainly due to the competitiveness. Same as any MMO, I guess.
    12 was shit. I had fun at first, but then you can just steam roll. I also hate that it wasn't turn based any longer. I fucking love turn-based. When there is computer AI, I think the games go to shit.
    14 was alright. It was a pleb MMO, just designed so that anyone can get keep up in the game just from a few hours of playing every now and then.

Those are the only ones I played, besides tactics, explorers, ect

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

i don't remember which ones I played but they were good. was like one GBA game cartridge with 3 FF games on it.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

I think I played IV too but I played these so long ago I can't really remember. I just remember printing out huge walk-through packets from my grandma's computer that were like hundreds of pages long and her raging. Was too young to play the game without help lol. I remember you could throw frying pans and knives with this one dude and do like 9999 damage if that helps.
    Last edited by Brendan; July 19th, 2016 at 04:54 AM.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

17. ISO #17

X, XII and XIII are the only ones I have actually beaten. Didn't really care for XIII much at all, worst ending a FF game has had in my estimation. X was brilliant, can't say enough good things about it. I actually really liked XII as well, I found the gambit system pretty well done and other games have adopted a very similar thing ie. Dragon Age Origins. Fighting Gilgamesh was one of the best boss fights I have ever experienced in a video game. But tbh, I don't know what game I have played that has the most hours on it. Its really a toss up between TW3, Skyrim, X, XII, Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age Inquisition. All fantastic games. Goes to show that I am an RPG guy. All these games have 600+ hours on them.
    Mafia Record:
    Spoiler : On Site/Universal Total :
    ..Total: 5/9 = 55.6% | 61/104 = 58.3%..
    ...Town: 3/5 = 60% | 42/76 = 55.3%...
    ....Mafia: 0/2 = 0% | 14/23 = 60.9%....
    .....3P: 1/1 = 100% | 3P: 3/5 = 60%.....
    My advice on Mafia play:
    Get the Led Out