S-FM 193: Final Fantasy VII - Page 5
Register

User Tag List

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 193: Final Fantasy VII

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    I'm addopting that attitude this game. First games I was shy, now I will show that I'm actually quite emotive. And appart from that, I wanted to tell you that I'm town
    Town doesn't feel the need to say they are town, its simply a given. Shown through effort in the game.
    The only attitude you should adopt is transparancy in your thoughts.

Your list felt like another shitty attempt that shouted "hey guys i'm town i swear look at this" yet it offered nothing of use.
    Actually scrap that, it makes a scumslip that much easier to notice.
    "The mammal, the Hippogame Freakus, has approached the thread with his typical entrance about the subpar attitude of neighboring creatures." Calix

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

6. ISO #206

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    Hes mafia because of his interaction and intentionally buddying with Headshrinker for those who do not comprehend.
    This is where Toadette would caution everyone against pre-flip associations.

Personally, I read POD's vote as a bit of a reaction test against HeadShrinker. We're not anywhere close to hammer and he's an experienced enough player to provide a more fleshed out explanation if needed. I can't say that the response from HeadShrinker was great (general defensiveness without much change in his approach to the game). Interestingly, neither HeadShrinker nor Saik really addressed POD's allegation of Mafia or Mafia buddy head on -- mostly short denials, which isn't necessarily typical of someone feeling they are being voted up erroneously.

7. ISO #207

Quote Originally Posted by pisskop View Post
    gamefreak can be town. its a repugnant stank

i wish i knew more about people. is gyro usually like this? I need a Fire
    you said you have 70+ games under your belt but you can't make up your mind on somebody like Gyr because you don't know his meta ?
    I can't remember him either but he either puts in more effort or will be lynched. Thats the only meta that matters.
    And the same goes for you.
    "The mammal, the Hippogame Freakus, has approached the thread with his typical entrance about the subpar attitude of neighboring creatures." Calix

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

@GameFreak and @MattZed -- thoughts on each other? I know GameFreak just got into the game so for now, this is more of a question for GF re: MZ, but imagine there will be enough GF content by the time MZ signs on today to approach it the other way.

Just don't want us falling into the trap of contribution means Town and playing frivolously / recklessly means scum. Sure, we can yell at the frivolous / reckless Town players post-game, but might as well take a hard look at everyone in the interim.

Also, I assume SuperJack is going to a null spot, noncontributor today which is frustrating as always. I hope there's a reason for this -- per his past games, sometimes yes, sometimes no...

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

Quote Originally Posted by GameFreak View Post
    you said you have 70+ games under your belt but you can't make up your mind on somebody like Gyr because you don't know his meta ?
    I can't remember him either but he either puts in more effort or will be lynched. Thats the only meta that matters.
    And the same goes for you.
    GameFreak, would you rather lynch me or a player who is lurking? Also, if my town if a scumslip it's either that I Am scummy by nature or that you just think too much

Thank you Anonymous Donor

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

I'm afraid this is the last post i'll be putting out until 7 hours from now. My thoughts about Mattzed so far is null to town leaning.

Every post he makes i'm basically thinking the exact same thing. Problem is i'm wondering if the new guys aren't just low hanging fruit.
    And as you said, its easy to focus them. Because they make alot of mistakes that we have internalised as noobscum, overly reactive/defensive.
    Posting lots of content over info etc. I would trust him going into D2 though.

It feels like PoD is playing equally aggresive but PoD i cannot follow in his reasoning. So although the same style of constant questions, MattZed is giving us good stuff to work with while PoD is not.

I never have had a game where D1 we lynched a scum. Because veterans know to just hang low and they won't be lynched,
    so i'm wondering if instead we shouldn't be looking at Toad/Calix/SJ for a lynch and definitely more pressure.

Or we got lucky and AIVION S0000k00 and Head are bad scum but i doubt it.

16. ISO #216

GameFreak, would you rather lynch me or a player who is lurking? Also, if my town if a scumslip it's either that I Am scummy by nature or that you just think too much

you'd be amazed how my overthinking has led to occassions where i had everybody pinned correctly.
    But no i don't think you are a good lynchtarget for the day

17. ISO #217

hes not town effort

hes town because hes so break-your-balls serious

their are four ways this story goes

1 he eats a bullet
    2 he slips up, cant keep up the facade without outing himself
    3 he suspiciously survives to endgame
    4 he sucks at reads and we can deduce this later

so, for now, im happy placing in my townpile. mafia is a game guiz. game it

18. ISO #218

I'm afraid this is the last post i'll be putting out until 7 hours from now. My thoughts about Mattzed so far is null to town leaning.

Every post he makes i'm basically thinking the exact same thing. Problem is i'm wondering if the new guys aren't just low hanging fruit.
    And as you said, its easy to focus them. Because they make alot of mistakes that we have internalised as noobscum, overly reactive/defensive.
    Posting lots of content over info etc. I would trust him going into D2 though.

It feels like PoD is playing equally aggresive but PoD i cannot follow in his reasoning. So although the same style of constant questions, MattZed is giving us good stuff to work with while PoD is not.

I never have had a game where D1 we lynched a scum. Because veterans know to just hang low and they won't be lynched,
    so i'm wondering if instead we shouldn't be looking at Toad/Calix/SJ for a lynch and definitely more pressure.

Or we got lucky and AIVION S0000k00 and Head are bad scum but i doubt it.
    Hmm let me think. Nah. I'm good thanks.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

19. ISO #219

DarknessB (1 [L-6]):
    AIVION
    HeadShrinker (3 [L-4]):
    DarknessB, powerofdeath, MattZed
    Saik0Shinigami (1 [L-6]):
    Calix
    Gyrlander (1 [L-6]):
    BananaCucho
    Calix (1 [L-6]):
    Saik0Shinigami
    GameFreak (1 [L-6]):
    SuperJack
    MattZed (1 [L-6]):
    HeadShrinker
    AIVION (2 [L-5]):
    GameFreak, pisskop

Wtf

I'll be catching up at work today. Don't think I'll be too busy (have to stop myself from playing Hearthstone every free minute I got)
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

20. ISO #220

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessB View Post
    Interestingly, neither HeadShrinker nor Saik really addressed POD's allegation of Mafia or Mafia buddy head on -- mostly short denials, which isn't necessarily typical of someone feeling they are being voted up erroneously.
    And what am I expected to say. 'Hey guys, I swear I'm town, don't lynch me. I know I'm new to this site and all but seriously that'd be great'. On day one there's no data to call to in order to make a case for innocence. If you're casing me, there's literally nothing I've done except for vote the person who voted me since that's literally the safest move a new player to a community can do take that however you will. The only unsavory things I've seen so far is 3 people trying to railroad Headshrinker because they don't know how to read. How does one defend a hunch? Hunches tend to be a feeling or instinct not a well thought hypothesis with scientific backing, yet when he offers his say which he clearly marked as his feeling/hunch you all bandwagoned him like he just threatened the president and you're all secret service just because he didn't defend it since it's indefensible.

Honestly since it doesn't matter on D1 with the random votes kind of destroying any cohesion... I want to know why no heat's been brought to Excalibur, who hasn't participated at all so far, but is in the game. They get a free pass from everything since they didn't talk? Guess I should be much more passive then otherwise the hate train of MattZed, PoD, and Darkness will come take me away. Honestly, the level of inquisition you guys put up on almost every little detail publically would scream 'scum' where I come from.

Also, what the hell is with all these variations of my name? sa0k00000? Shik0? S0000k00? seriously? I can't even tell if people are actually talking about me or not when it's so bastardized.

21. ISO #221

22. ISO #222

Quote Originally Posted by HeadShrinker View Post
    You're bad at this game.
    lol I like you

LOL I was kidding eat rope
    -vote powerofdeath
    I like this. I was about to question the town read which made no sense.

GameFreak, the post that you said was trolley and retarde was for showing my interest of the Corporation winning the game. Also, I said I wouldn't substract any info because there were only 2 pages and most of them were trolly owo. And sorry for voting you, pod.

-unvote
    Annnnnd it wasn't a town play to see if POD accepted the buddying... It was a joke followed by actual buddying by Gyrlander. Gyr is scum.

23. ISO #223

Town doesn't feel the need to say they are town, its simply a given. Shown through effort in the game.
    The only attitude you should adopt is transparancy in your thoughts.

Your list felt like another shitty attempt that shouted "hey guys i'm town i swear look at this" yet it offered nothing of use.
    Actually scrap that, it makes a scumslip that much easier to notice.
    This feels town

This is survivalistic. Trying to push off pressure off of him onto a lurker

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Hi. I'm Jessica.
    Hello Jessica!

Is your class spec's thief too? ...because you just stole my heart.

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    If your dear heart is wounded, my wild heart bleeds with yours.

28. ISO #228

Some thoughts below:

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Hi. I'm Jessica.

Noted that SuperJack is refusing to participate in any meaningful way today. Between him and Excalibur, we have one overtly null spot and one null spot via AFK. Hopefully, Shifty will replace Excalibur if he does not post today.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Annnnnd it wasn't a town play to see if POD accepted the buddying... It was a joke followed by actual buddying by Gyrlander. Gyr is scum.
    Yeah, I am almost getting the infamous "too scummy to be scum" vibe from Grylander. The last time I remember someone apologizing for voting another person and attempting to bargain with them was one of Toadette's newbie-laden games (Spruance maybe?). That's just not the way to approach scumhunting at all -- it should be about persuasion and reads, not about bargaining with other players to get them on your side. Don't like this at all.

This is survivalistic. Trying to push off pressure off of him onto a lurker
    Also don't like this -- Excalibur is the policy lynch low-hanging-fruit candidate this game given he has yet to post and his memetastic track record otherwise. This seems like more of a @Shifty issue than anything we can deal with right now. I'd rather hunt for scum among the players doing something vs. gamble on a policy lynch. Per my earlier post, a mislynch plus 2 town kills makes this into a very uncomfortable 6-3-1 going into Day 2. This is not the game for a policy lynch because of the 2 KPN possibly swinging the game radically.

29. ISO #229

Quote Originally Posted by AIVION View Post
    Hello Jessica!

Is your class spec's thief too? ...because you just stole my heart.

AIVION, please stop shitposting -- it's really becoming a distraction to the game, especially given your lack of substantive contribution. I know you are not the only one doing so, but don't be that guy who becomes a part of the problem vs. someone helping us get back on track.

30. ISO #230

gyr/aivion/headi plz
    ftr, im not sold on headi, hes just a wagon
    I have to think Grylander or AIVION are our top candidates today, though I have a fear of us getting caught in the common trap of contribution = Town, non-contribution = scum. There are a number of savvy players in this game and given roles are randomized, I think it would presumptuous to assume all the less active / helpful players just happened to roll scum.

That all having been said, Grylander has looked pretty sketchy today though between the crappy reads (sans any explanation or follow-up, even today), shameless Corporation boosterism (in lieu of reads, pushes, or content), and attempting to bargain a truce with POD (apologizing for his vote, really?). For those reasons, I'm switching my vote to him.

-vote Grylander

Also, I would like to hear more from BananaCucho, Calix, and POD as well as anything at all from Excalibur (sigh).

31. ISO #231

I have to think Grylander or AIVION are our top candidates today, though I have a fear of us getting caught in the common trap of contribution = Town, non-contribution = scum. There are a number of savvy players in this game and given roles are randomized, I think it would presumptuous to assume all the less active / helpful players just happened to roll scum.

That all having been said, Grylander has looked pretty sketchy today though between the crappy reads (sans any explanation or follow-up, even today), shameless Corporation boosterism (in lieu of reads, pushes, or content), and attempting to bargain a truce with POD (apologizing for his vote, really?). For those reasons, I'm switching my vote to him.

-vote Grylander

Also, I would like to hear more from BananaCucho, Calix, and POD as well as anything at all from Excalibur (sigh).
    Oh and finally, I should learn how to spell Gyrlander's name correctly, lol.

-vote Gyrlander

32. ISO #232

-vote Grylander

Firstly, I went to sleep and then had school to contend with. I'm just going to say that I'm not going to be as active this game as I'm busy with revision, etc.

Secondly, I feel like AIVION is the best target to hit mafia. It feels like he's taken the 'you should post more and not be so obvious as scum' criticism from the Charmander game and is now actively lurking with his shit-posts. The game is well under way and he's trying to drag it back to the shit-posting stage to avoid contributing.

-vote AIVION

Thirdly, Gyrlander gives me Neutral vibes more than Mafia. The fishing for town blocs/ reads, the survival-orientated comments, the utter lack of initiative in any of his posts. Yeah I think you know what I'm getting at here

I'll be back in an hour or two to expand on my thoughts, just checking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orpz View Post
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM Romeo View Post
    Go fuck yourself in the cucho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed
    Your accent has ruined medieval fantasy films.

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

Neutral or Mafia, it's all non town and must die
    Mafia have the bigger vote-bloc and can't kill the Neutral Killer. Given how few mislynches we have, we have to prioritise.
    Why'd you leave out the sun emoji? I think it creates a huge sense of tone that is critical for the interpretation of the chat.

35. ISO #235

Quote Originally Posted by Calix View Post
    Firstly, I went to sleep and then had school to contend with. I'm just going to say that I'm not going to be as active this game as I'm busy with revision, etc.

Secondly, I feel like AIVION is the best target to hit mafia. It feels like he's taken the 'you should post more and not be so obvious as scum' criticism from the Charmander game and is now actively lurking with his shit-posts. The game is well under way and he's trying to drag it back to the shit-posting stage to avoid contributing.

-vote AIVION

Thirdly, Gyrlander gives me Neutral vibes more than Mafia. The fishing for town blocs/ reads, the survival-orientated comments, the utter lack of initiative in any of his posts. Yeah I think you know what I'm getting at here

Lol, Or I'm just having way too much fun and should start contributing xD THIS IS FINAL FANTASY AND IM A FINAL FANTASY NERD! Just sort of soaking up the moment. (Even though good point, I would scum read me too If I was playing more seriously, but I will soon don't you worry your head over it My good lady... I would never break a lady's heart!)

AIVION, please stop shitposting -- it's really becoming a distraction to the game, especially given your lack of substantive contribution. I know you are not the only one doing so, but don't be that guy who becomes a part of the problem vs. someone helping us get back on track.
    ...Y-yes sir. I guess I have to now huh? What can I do for you?!?

Everybody is equally weak on the inside, just that some present their ruins as new castles and become kings –
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

Lol, Or I'm just having way too much fun and should start contributing xD THIS IS FINAL FANTASY AND IM A FINAL FANTASY NERD! Just sort of soaking up the moment. (Even though good point, I would scum read me too If I was playing more seriously, but I will soon don't you worry your head over it My good lady... I would never break a lady's heart!)

Don't reach out and expect us to prompt you to scum-hunt for you. Use your own initiative - if you have it ;)

38. ISO #238

Don't reach out and expect us to prompt you to scum-hunt for you. Use your own initiative - if you have it ;)
    I'm spec'd thief, my initiate is golden. Just gotta level up my charisma And my intelligence if you catch my drift, Fair maiden

39. ISO #239

Mafia have the bigger vote-bloc and can't kill the Neutral Killer. Given how few mislynches we have, we have to prioritise.
    Gyr is acting scummy, AIVION like a failed troll. I'd rather lynch Gyr, and if he flips neutral or Mafia, its a win.

40. ISO #240

-vote AIVION

Yeah, you caught me. I'm a survivor. (Lol please no it is fucking boring)

Anyway, your comments about being Neutral except Mafia do no matter, as the only Neutral role is a fucking OP one that can assasinate people without revealing his identity and is inmune to everything in the world. I never thought that just for sharing a quick list of reads I would be accussed of town bloc when I had never heard about that. And if anything, my posts haven't been survivalistic. I would actually say the opposite. I have had an actitude of I work for Shinra Corporation and therefore I am so townie that I don't care if you call me scum that actually hasn't benefitiated me at all.

And BananaCucho, sorry but you have never said ANYTHING about you voting me only a shit quoting and you're really pushing a lynch on me. I can easily name you the player that is getting more scummy in my read lists and going up in my TO KILL DURING THE NIGHT list. Please, explain yourself if you want to be alive next day

41. ISO #241

Anyway, your comments about being Neutral except Mafia do no matter, as the only Neutral role is a fucking OP one that can assasinate people without revealing his identity and is inmune to everything in the world. I never thought that just for sharing a quick list of reads I would be accussed of town bloc when I had never heard about that. And if anything, my posts haven't been survivalistic. I would actually say the opposite. I have had an actitude of I work for Shinra Corporation and therefore I am so townie that I don't care if you call me scum that actually hasn't benefitiated me at all.

And BananaCucho, sorry but you have never said ANYTHING about you voting me only a shit quoting and you're really pushing a lynch on me. I can easily name you the player that is getting more scummy in my read lists and going up in my TO KILL DURING THE NIGHT list. Please, explain yourself if you want to be alive next day
    I quoted and said a bunch of stuff about you. Try harder to discredit me.

42. ISO #242

Gyr is acting scummy, AIVION like a failed troll. I'd rather lynch Gyr, and if he flips neutral or Mafia, its a win.
    A troll?!? I'll have you know I'm a Genome, not a troll! Even though my second cousin is part troll.

I do like my maiden's Fiesty if you catch my drift

43. ISO #243

Yes, why do you feel the need to hammer in that YOU'RE TOTALLY TOWN GUISE and I KNOW WHAT THE ROLEPLAY NAME FOR THE TOWN FACTION IS? How does that help find the scum? It's self-serving and, quite frankly, fucking annoying.

Calling anyone scum isn't beneficial to them

44. ISO #244

I see that Excalibur scrub is online. I'm sure they'll have something useful to add

45. ISO #245

Votes are too spread. Start stacking them on 2-3 people
    A post that I can read another meaning "Please, stop voting randomly and vote my target so we can easily mislynch someone, thank you. And as I'm not voted I don't really have to fear anything wowowo

46. ISO #246

Honestly, AIVION -- contribution isn't something that you are told to do, it's something that you need to do on your own. You've played enough forum mafia games that you should know this. Who do you think is Town? Who do you think is scum? Who do you think is the NK? What is your impression on Gyrlander's reads or HeadShrinker's reads? How about POD's sudden push last night which was somewhat unprompted? Or how about MattZed's pushes? What are your own reads? Basically, just comment on shit that you observe and whether you think it makes players more or less scummy seeming.

You should be scumhunting because it's your wincon, not because I tell you to do so...

47. ISO #247

A post that I can read another meaning "Please, stop voting randomly and vote my target so we can easily mislynch someone, thank you. And as I'm not voted I don't really have to fear anything wowowo
    Hmm... This screams ex-SOLDIER To me.

-vote Gyrlander

48. ISO #248

Honestly, AIVION -- contribution isn't something that you are told to do, it's something that you need to do on your own. You've played enough forum mafia games that you should know this. Who do you think is Town? Who do you think is scum? Who do you think is the NK? What is your impression on Gyrlander's reads or HeadShrinker's reads? How about POD's sudden push last night which was somewhat unprompted? Or how about MattZed's pushes? What are your own reads? Basically, just comment on shit that you observe and whether you think it makes players more or less scummy seeming.

You should be scumhunting because it's your wincon, not because I tell you to do so...
    Indeed, I will sir. Making a reads list now... It's one of my many issues, making a good reads list... especially day 1 xD

Just gotta level up my Initiative a bit more to actually get it done though, sort of behind in levels in comparison to the rest of the party.

49. ISO #249

I think it's more to do with the fact that most games have people voting all over the place, which is disruptive for EOD.

50. ISO #250