Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #351

2. ISO #352

3. ISO #353

4. ISO #354

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Quote Originally Posted by Spearheading Female Tank View Post
    Is this Frog or Helz anyway.
    But its good to see you know your playstyle leads to aids.
    This is Frog. Helz plays very striaghtforward. In standard setups I play straightforward, but in semi-open setups I play more FPS. I rarely play closed setups, but I'd imagine I'd be more geared towards FPS, I'll try to limit that so this slot plays as one.

5. ISO #355

6. ISO #356

7. ISO #357

8. ISO #358

Quote Originally Posted by Calette View Post
    Somehow almost every one of your thoughts has been mirrored.

Why is emotion a scum tell for you?

Which points by Hell Frog do you think are decent?
    Could you expand on your logic here for why my points are mirrored?

Emotion can be a tool which can make someone unidentifiable from being both a town or a scum lead, hiding their true intentions whilst people would identify them for being either a null read. I just find that part of empathy because it just tells me that he is a scum read than a null.

The posts from page 13 are the most interesting, (From 20 posts per page), they showed more of a pro town move than scum, why I feel l
    that he'll frog is strongest lead at the moment.

9. ISO #359

10. ISO #360

11. ISO #361

12. ISO #362

13. ISO #363

Because all our hydras are spamming away like crazy. Somehow you still feel like a lurker.
    True, but from activity so far, didn't have much time to post much on terma of content , so it might of been a bit vague on my part.

14. ISO #364

15. ISO #365

16. ISO #366

Quote Originally Posted by Funcall View Post
    Could you expand on your logic here for why my points are mirrored?

Emotion can be a tool which can make someone unidentifiable from being both a town or a scum lead, hiding their true intentions whilst people would identify them for being either a null read. I just find that part of empathy because it just tells me that he is a scum read than a null.

The posts from page 13 are the most interesting, (From 20 posts per page), they showed more of a pro town move than scum, why I feel l
    that he'll frog is strongest lead at the moment.
    Because you are regurgitating points that other players have made and acting like they are your own. You did this the last time you were scum.

Wouldn't that be the conclusion you'd reach from Appeals to Emotion and not just having emotions? You imply that Empathy orchestrated that to get off the hook.

How much do you think that could be accounted for by the change in heads?

17. ISO #367

18. ISO #368

19. ISO #369

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    Lol. pillow push. :-P

There are 2 main methods.

Hunting scum and identifying villagers.

I'm going to copy paste a general villager guideline.
    Coaching the scum on what you expect a town to act like is a bad move. Better to let them be partially unaware of what they look like to you.

20. ISO #370

21. ISO #371

22. ISO #372

Copy Paste:

So if you're a villager, your two primary objectives this game should be 1) clear villagers and 2) find wolves. (Secondary objectives are stuff like 3) don't get lynched, 4) draw wolf nightkills if you're not a power role, and 5) use your powers effectively if you are a power role.) As I said before, it's best if you start with the default presumption that the people you're talking to are villagers, because 75 percent of the time, they will be. That leads to us using terms like ">rand villa" or ">rand wolf" to denote a read that someone is more likely than random chance to be a wolf or villa. Someone can be >rand wolf and still be a villager more often than not, and this is a really, really important concept. Werewolf is an inherently probabilistic game.

Just put people in buckets of varying confidence levels and see what shakes out, all the while keeping your reads dynamic and flexible.

For those who might find it helpful, here are some guidelines about the way I, personally, try to find wolves.

Ace of Spaids’ Five Rules of Wolfhunting

1) does this person seem like they have extra information? (like, do they seem like they know who's who when they're not supposed to?)

2) does this person seem like they have an agenda behind their posts? (like, do they seem like they're angling to subtly defend some people or subtly push other people?)

3) can i follow this person's thought processes? (like, does it make sense how they get from point A to point B in their reasoning, or do they make weird jumps?)

4) does this person seem pretty free-flowing and natural? (like, are they worried about how they're phrasing things, or do they just seem to be posting off the cuff?)

5) how does this person interact with others? (like, when someone asks them a question, do they respond in a natural way, or are they awkward about it? when someone pushes them, do they get overly defensive? are they ignoring certain things it doesn't make sense for them to ignore?)

6) my sixth rule of wolfhunting would probably be that people who seem to be putting an effort into blending in unobtrusively and going with the flow rather than making themselves conspicuous by their posting are usually >rand to be wolves

Basically, it's a lot like poker: what story is someone trying to tell with their posts? Are they repping villa credibly in light of their interactions and phrasings?

Also, remember: as an inherent matter, wolves have better information than villagers. This means that it is not wolfy for someone to be wrong. What matters is if it looks like they're being wrong in a systematic way in service of an unvillagery agenda.

23. ISO #373

24. ISO #374

25. ISO #375

26. ISO #376

He is starting to feel neutral isn't he.
    neutral hunting is aids.

scum hunting is elite.

I'm not going to overload my posts with IIoA other than this:

When you see scum flailing brilliantly, why would it make sense to go:
    VILLAGE! RAISE YOUR PITCH FORKS, LET'S GO FOR *insert scapegoat here*

27. ISO #377

28. ISO #378

Honestly, I see there needs to be some basic common knowledge.
    Your vote tag failed. I almost thought it was a reaction test until I saw that.
    Doing it from a phone is quite hard, still in college and will have to go soon, but if you guys do have questions, feel free go ask, and I'll get back to them on earliest convince.

29. ISO #379

neutral hunting is aids.

scum hunting is elite.

I'm not going to overload my posts with IIoA other than this:

When you see scum flailing brilliantly, why would it make sense to go:
    VILLAGE! RAISE YOUR PITCH FORKS, LET'S GO FOR *insert scapegoat here*
    aight now explain IIoA

30. ISO #380

31. ISO #381

32. ISO #382

I know this meta usually doesn't apply here, but unless we're hitting a wolf wagon, generally the narrative is going to be a lot of v/v.

In other words - post count isn't alignment indicative, but post momentum and narrative setting can be easily seen when a wolf wagon is hot.

Of the active players atm, I see V/V/V atm.

I want to see the inactives take new positions.

33. ISO #383

Quote Originally Posted by Funcall View Post
    Doing it from a phone is quite hard, still in college and will have to go soon, but if you guys do have questions, feel free go ask, and I'll get back to them on earliest convince.
    You're back at school already? Holy shit.

aight now explain IIoA
    Information over Analysis iirc

I will link to a dictionary of terms that Frog and I are likely to use.

34. ISO #384

This is such a stereotypical game holy shit.

RL asking random
    Frog giving guides
    SJ trolling hard

whats next.
    Toadette going pro lynch while subtly bitching about how stupid no-lynch is.
    TDL having weird opinions day 1.
    MattZed being aggro as fuck and Calix scumhunting. Wait...

35. ISO #385

aight now explain IIoA
    Information Instead of Analysis

It used to be considered wolf alignment indicative, but that's since been largely disproven.

It's when someone posts common information instead of analysis posts.

The original thought was wolves could appear to be productive without actually being productive, but more likely than not it's just as simple as gaining insight to other players styles. Every start of every cross community game, championship or otherwise, begins with playstyles and IIoA.

36. ISO #386

37. ISO #387

Quote Originally Posted by RLVG View Post
    Toadette going pro lynch while subtly bitching about how stupid no-lynch is.
    TDL having weird opinions day 1.
    MattZed being aggro as fuck and Calix scumhunting. Wait...
    You can also add Mikecall being Mikecall , a lovely toadette quote

38. ISO #388

39. ISO #389

40. ISO #390

Quote Originally Posted by Firebringer View Post
    Day 1:

Player List: Roles GraveYard
    1. Calette
    2. TheDarkestLight
    3. OrpZedWorlds
    4. Spearheading Female Tank
    5. Funcall
    6. RLVG
    7. Nicolas Cage
    8. Hell Frog
    9. Empathy17
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town
    Improvised Town

Improvised Neutral
    Improvised Mafia
    Improvised Mafia

With 9 Alive, 5 votes to hammer.

Day Ends:
    [Countdown Timers Cannot be Quoted from Other Posts]

Side Notes:
    Starting it earlier than planned because I will be busy on the time the countdown had been set to. So added a few extra hours.

Please remember rules on out of game communication. You are of course allowed to talk to hydra partners throughout the game. You cannot talk to anyone else in the game that is not in your hydra outside of the game.
    TheDarkestLight (3 [L-2]):
    Calette, Spearheading Female Tank, Hell Frog
    Spearheading Female Tank (1 [L-4]):
    Empathy17
    Empathy17 (2 [L-3]):
    OrpZedWorlds, Funcall
    OrpZedWorlds (1 [L-4]):
    TheDarkestLight
    Calette (1 [L-4]):
    RLVG

Nicolas Cage - no vote

41. ISO #391

I see, i was never a fan of all the terms and shit. Always felt elitist to me when people only follow a meta. For me its always back to the basics.
    That being said this game is feeling like alot of people are not playing like their usual self. And i'm unsure yet if its the hydra or alignment indicative.

42. ISO #392

Found the link: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...ssary_of_terms

Worth a read. Just scroll down and you'll see where we're coming from. Considering that I recently played a game there (and totally phoned it in >_>) I feel like I'm still thinking in terms of their meta.
    Haha, I was in observer chat and pegged you as mechanically scum. :-P

It's ongoing, but let's skype chat. I've got a very good idea who the last scum is and I'm still laughing my ass off at that last NK.

43. ISO #393

Found the link: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...ssary_of_terms

Worth a read. Just scroll down and you'll see where we're coming from. Considering that I recently played a game there (and totally phoned it in >_>) I feel like I'm still thinking in terms of their meta.
    outside of the game for a moment.
    I'm wondering how was your game there, is it different from here ?

44. ISO #394

I see, i was never a fan of all the terms and shit. Always felt elitist to me when people only follow a meta. For me its always back to the basics.
    That being said this game is feeling like alot of people are not playing like their usual self. And i'm unsure yet if its the hydra or alignment indicative.
    Could just be the cold making its rounds, amirite ;)

Question: How many people are actively communicating with their partner/s?

45. ISO #395

46. ISO #396

outside of the game for a moment.
    I'm wondering how was your game there, is it different from here ?
    In that specific game? I was terrible

As all alignments, I am not as aggressive or as focused on scum-hunting since it's more likely to backfire and I prefer to figure out what their method of scum-hunting is. I've yet to get the hang of it.

47. ISO #397

Calix was in a standard game with champs. It was intense from an observer's perspective. :-P
    champs as in really good players?

@Calix
    No at the moment i am the only person online and i'm waiting to post my thoughts until everybody has read the day so we can come to original conclusions.

48. ISO #398

In that specific game? I was terrible

As all alignments, I am not as aggressive or as focused on scum-hunting since it's more likely to backfire and I prefer to figure out what their method of scum-hunting is. I've yet to get the hang of it.
    Play another game with Crunkus. His style in particular is probably the most effective.

49. ISO #399

50. ISO #400

champs as in really good players?

@Calix
    No at the moment i am the only person online and i'm waiting to post my thoughts until everybody has read the day so we can come to original conclusions.
    Yeah, most made it to the finals in Season 1 and Season 2.