S-FM 186: Firebringer's Improvised Game - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 187: Firebringer's Improvised Game

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Empathy is town, the first post was simply too out there and I doubt a scum would ever post "I'm Miller" on the very first post of the game, that's just stupid. The current votes seem to be on the basis of the miller claim or the lack of skill/desire for assistance from the Hydra. Skill does not make alignment.
    TDL's interactions with Empathy felt odd. I find myself questioning his reasoning here and a bit later. It gave me the feeling that TDL was looking for a reason to call that slot town more than scum hunting.

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkestLight View Post
    Now then, as to the actual reasoning behind the claim, I actually fully agree. Where I sometimes play the Miller is supposed to claim to avoid said investigation, which isn't exactly something we do here. Sites have differing playstyles, and I have seen the Miller claim style on other sites, which is why I don't particularly find it scummy, especially considering said players on this hydra spend a good deal of time on other sites. As much as I hate meta, it's kinda just simple two plus two logic.
    This is one of the other posts I was referencing. He flat out says he does not 'scum read' this detail but when you look at his tone at this point in time its pushing to town read the slot. His tone of town reading Empathy does not fit with his given reasoning to do so. I see his posts as providing evidence of a null read and arguably 'not scum read' but not a town read. Its possible that he is speaking from an informed perspective trying to buddy up and bid for loyalty.

3. ISO #253

-vote TheDarkestLight

I am going to move my slots vote over for now. I would like to see a little bit more attention on TheDarkestLight. Between his reasoning and his luke warm plays I feel like he could be avoiding the spotlight while trying to gather support to help him.

On Empathy I strongly dislike the slots focus. Questions are twisted and deflected with heavy emotional appeals as opposed to direct answers. Its troubling but not damning. I haven't talked with my other head about it but I doubt he will mind. There was not that much to go on when he originally placed his vote there. I am pretty much resigned to view that slot as an unproductive place to focus pressure.

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

Hell Frog (2 [L-3]):
    Calette, Spearheading Female Tank

Spearheading Female Tank (1 [L-4]):
    Empathy17

TheDarkestLight (1 [L-4]):
    Hell Frog

Empathy17 (1 [L-4]):
    OrpZedWorlds

OrpZedWorlds (1 [L-4]):
    TheDarkestLight

Interesting that we made the trains even with our vote buy now everything has dissipated.

7. ISO #257

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

The reason that I read it as scummy is that it reflects an informed perspective. Team scum often give out town reads easily because they know the player is town and it gives them leverage with that slot. It was a particularly opportunistic move in this situation. My issue is how the stated reasoning seems out of line with the end conclusion. It leads me to believe that TLD is operating off unspoken information which is why I am working to draw attention to his slot.

10. ISO #260

11. ISO #261

Quote Originally Posted by OrpZedWorlds View Post
    If the empathy train doesn't see momentum, I may join you in your cause Hell Frog.
    My issue is that any push on the slot results in empathy cutting back to personal bias. Its not so much the lack of momentum as the lack of productive information generated from it that makes me want to abandon it for now. Its players pushing with reasoning and the slot responding with non-game related responses for the most part. Kind of frustrating to work with.

12. ISO #262

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    My issue is that any push on the slot results in empathy cutting back to personal bias. Its not so much the lack of momentum as the lack of productive information generated from it that makes me want to abandon it for now. Its players pushing with reasoning and the slot responding with non-game related responses for the most part. Kind of frustrating to work with.
    If the slot does not wish to participate, the slot becomes a good policy lynch target if not anything else.

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

If the slot does not wish to participate, the slot becomes a good policy lynch target if not anything else.
    I agree. Given the lack of reasoning the slot provides I would not be opposed to a lynch on the slot on the basis that it looks like either unproductive town or scum right now. The game is small and due to players picking their own roles we will not be able to afford many policy lynches if any this game. I think its likely that the neutral picked some kind of communication role to align himself with the mafia block. I would probably look for that policy lynch either today or tomorrow if TDL flips town. If TDL is mafia I would consider that slot very likely town.

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

19. ISO #269

I agree. Given the lack of reasoning the slot provides I would not be opposed to a lynch on the slot on the basis that it looks like either unproductive town or scum right now. The game is small and due to players picking their own roles we will not be able to afford many policy lynches if any this game. I think its likely that the neutral picked some kind of communication role to align himself with the mafia block. I would probably look for that policy lynch either today or tomorrow if TDL flips town. If TDL is mafia I would consider that slot very likely town.

My Nicolas Cage senses are tingling.

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas Cage View Post
    The game is small and due to players picking their own roles we will not be able to afford many policy lynches if any this game. I think its likely that the neutral picked some kind of communication role to align himself with the mafia block.
    On the contrary, some players didn't pick their role or asked to randomize it. Le Hinterino.

22. ISO #272

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Frog View Post
    Nicolas Cage, Frog here, couple of quick questions.

1 - do you see Empathy as lynch bait regardless of alignment?
    Original intent was to set them up as lynch bait.
    Stupid/Scum players would pick on them.
    Empathy would reveal what they are. Because they then play emotional rather than logically. And I've found it easier to read into emotions.
    So I read them as town. And players still considering them "policy lynch" for.. what was the term YOU used.
    "it looks like either unproductive town or Scum"

Considering you see them most likely as unproductive town [Its quite a nifty thing people list in order] you are just leaving a nice juicy policy lynch for yourselves if needed.

23. ISO #273

Empathy would reveal what they are. Because they then play emotional rather than logically. And I've found it easier to read into emotions.
    It's a hydra however who can fill in for the other and discuss in a different way than we do, hence any plays can be different and thus invalidating the "emotional than logically" claim.

What's your opinion about TDL, Nicosama?

24. ISO #274

Original intent was to set them up as lynch bait.
    Stupid/Scum players would pick on them.
    So I read them as town. And players still considering them "policy lynch" for.. what was the term YOU used.
    "it looks like either unproductive town or Scum"

Considering you see them most likely as unproductive town [Its quite a nifty thing people list in order] you are just leaving a nice juicy policy lynch for yourselves if needed.
    Bahahaha, this is the Frog head talking now. I legitimately saw Empathy as flailing. I looked into their last game as Calette suggested and they're obvious lynch bait regardless of alignment. I kept my vote on to see who would pile on genuinely. It's a null alignment for Empathy atm, but I wanted to see opportunists take a bite or not. So we're pretty much in agreement there with a difference of you taking a hard villager line out for Empathy based on their 'emotional' content. While what your suggesting regarding indication of alignment would normally ping me as TMI, I'm comfortable this will be resolved soon enough. I don't believe anything Empathy has done is alignment indicative other than refusing to engage miller conversation into setup speculation.

2. What are your thoughts on Calette wrt Empathy?

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

34. ISO #284

35. ISO #285

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    MY GOD I MADE A BUNCH OF FUCKIGN POST AND I SAY SILVER IS HOME AND WHAT? I GET ANOTHER FUCKING VOTE. ORPZ YOU SAID YOURSELF THAT YOU WANT US TO STAY YOU SHOULD KNWO BY DOING THAT YOUR ONLY MAKING SILVER MORE PISSED
    Aight guys calm down this is the reponse of a man who knows he is fucked when his gf comes home because she sees he has fucked it all up again
    truly a poor soul

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

Quote Originally Posted by Empathy17 View Post
    , I have very little desire to waste my time posting in this game. Empathy is understanding how another feels. So if you treat us like shit, you'll get anti town play from me and nothing else. You show some respect, I'll work with you.

~SilverWolf
    Last time they pulled this card they were town. But its still fucking hilarious.
    I even learned what empathy means, i am a better person now.

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

Quote Originally Posted by Funcall View Post
    I'm suffering from the tunnel.
    May I assume you scumread me?
    Remind me what PL is.
    So you've townread everyone that has defended you. Okay.

That's what I want to know.

The hell is Mikecall is what I want to know.
    Brb while I spam his inbox with rage over our suggested role.
    I am here, but rage? Really? I mean, wow.

46. ISO #296

Yeah, but the fault in that is lynching isn't a one man thing. I could put someone at L-2, then """""""""""""""""accidentally"""""""""""""""" be afk when two more people come online
    I dno what OZW is going for but he's making some shitty excuses here, like terrible man.

47. ISO #297

Okay so I wanted to recover from this shitty cold I'm having

but I also see that the elusive Mikecall is online and focusing on dumb things at the expense of anything particularly relevant and I need to pounce on this before he heads off.

So Mikey, talk me through your two strongest town and scum reads respectively.

Where do you stand with Empathy? Town, scum or neutral? Why? Do you think they should be policy-lynched? If not, what do you think of players who do?

Do you think Hell Frog's case on TDL has merit and why?

Do you think TDL's case on the Tank has merit and why?

48. ISO #298

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300