New role idea: Hacker. Summary: Reverse forager
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

New role idea: Hacker. Summary: Reverse forager

Hacker, select a target each night and display false messages of your choice. Any singular, or combination of, message(s) that may be received during the night sequence can be falsely displayed to your target. Each message can be used only once.

suggestions, comments, please.

EDIT: meant reverse Forgerer...i think
    Last edited by Kiflaam; June 19th, 2016 at 09:36 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: New role idea: Hacker. Summary: Reverse forager

So basically drug dealer?
    Last edited by Brendan; June 19th, 2016 at 10:56 PM.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

4. ISO #4

I suppose hacker would see a prompt to select from a list of different messages, then the prompt would have him select which names/roles go where. The hacker would also select a target, whom he is considered to visit, to receive this message.

first selection might be
    "Your target is a member of the <blank>"

if the user selects that, a list of roles appear in a prompt, and they select one.

Janitor
    sheriff
    citizen
    etc...

then, after selection, it shows the completed message, and gives the user the option to go back and change their options. The completed message will say "...member of the mafia" if a mafia role is selected for the blank, or "your target is not suspicious" if a town role is selected. However, if (for instance) the game setup doesn't allow detection of serial killers, and serial killer is selected, it WILL say, to the sheriff, "your target is a serial killer" (or however that is said), and it is a chance (at that point) for the sheriff to go "hey, I can't detect those, I was hit by a hacker".... assuming the target was, indeed, the sheriff. Otherwise, the person will immediately know, or simply be confused.

The messages will only overwrite the message the (for example) sheriff would get if, and only if, it's the message a sheriff would naturally get (such as sheriff detection messages, you've been attacked messages, you've been healed messages, etc.. etc...), and NOT detective messages. If a hacker tries to give a sheriff a detective's message, the sheriff will see BOTH his message from his action, and the hacker's false detective message. Essentially, if a hacker knows you are a sheriff, he can more-or-less role-block you, once. Messages that a sheriff would otherwise naturally get do not overwrite different messages he would naturally get. The sheriff will see his chosen target's role (if he can), while also getting (for example) messages about being... converted, or whatever. These things can exist together without conflict, so they do not overwrite. If the sheriff is attacked by a serial killer, but the hacker sends him a message about being attacked by the mafia, the message about the mafia will overwrite it, regardless of whether he actually dies or not (like, if a doctor heals him that night).

The list of "phrases" can be separated into categories, and determined what the message will be by the role selected. Like "you have been converted" (or however that goes) covers all conversion-type messages. The exact message will simply be determined by role selected (cult, mason, auditor, witch doctor). Naturally, such a message is effectively useless, as they will realize nothing happened the next day.

Drug dealer? what's that? your link says I don't have permission to view whatever is there.
    Last edited by Kiflaam; June 19th, 2016 at 11:04 PM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Kiflaam View Post
    I suppose hacker would see a prompt to select from a list of different messages, then the prompt would have him select which names/roles go where. The hacker would also select a target, whom he is considered to visit, to receive this message.

first selection might be
    "Your target is a member of the "

if the user selects that, a list of roles appear in a prompt, and they select one.

Janitor
    sheriff
    citizen
    etc...

then, after selection, it shows the completed message, and gives the user the option to go back and change their options. The completed message will say "...member of the mafia" if a mafia role is selected for the blank, or "your target is not suspicious" if a town role is selected. However, if (for instance) the game setup doesn't allow detection of serial killers, and serial killer is selected, it WILL say, to the sheriff, "your target is a serial killer" (or however that is said), and it is a chance (at that point) for the sheriff to go "hey, I can't detect those, I was hit by a hacker".... assuming the target was, indeed, the sheriff. Otherwise, the person will immediately know, or simply be confused.

The messages will only overwrite the message the (for example) sheriff would get if, and only if, it's the message a sheriff would naturally get (such as sheriff detection messages, you've been attacked messages, you've been healed messages, etc.. etc...), and NOT detective messages. If a hacker tries to give a sheriff a detective's message, the sheriff will see BOTH his message from his action, and the hacker's false detective message. Essentially, if a hacker knows you are a sheriff, he can more-or-less role-block you, once. Messages that a sheriff would otherwise naturally get do not overwrite different messages he would naturally get. The sheriff will see his chosen target's role (if he can), while also getting (for example) messages about being... converted, or whatever. These things can exist together without conflict, so they do not overwrite. If the sheriff is attacked by a serial killer, but the hacker sends him a message about being attacked by the mafia, the message about the mafia will overwrite it, regardless of whether he actually dies or not (like, if a doctor heals him that night).

The list of "phrases" can be separated into categories, and determined what the message will be by the role selected. Like "you have been converted" (or however that goes) covers all conversion-type messages. The exact message will simply be determined by role selected (cult, mason, auditor, witch doctor). Naturally, such a message is effectively useless, as they will realize nothing happened the next day.

Drug dealer? what's that? your link says I don't have permission to view whatever is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromos View Post
    This isn't my role. Credit goes to Oops_ur_dead.

Role Name: Drug Dealer

Alignment: Mafia (Mafia Deception)

Abilities: May drug a player at night, notifying them of an effect. This effect is only a notification and has no real effect on the target, e.g. the block drug does not actually block the target.

Possible Implementation: Drug effects can be chosen by the drug dealer by entering "-[DRUG NAME]" into the chat box, which will change the effect notification of the next drug used.

E.g. blocked (-block), bus driven (-bus), doused (-douse), attacked+healed (-heal), annoyed (-annoy).

A list of the different effects can be displayed on the role card. If drug effects can't be chosen then they will have to be random.

Role Options: Random Drug Effects Y/N (Default N)
    Heal Drug Y/N (Default N)

Additional Info: Allows the drug dealer or his teammates to "prove" themselves with actual notifications and to use deeper strategy to manipulate the town. Drug effects can create confusion and trick town into thinking there are roles which aren't actually there. Jester notifications could allow mafia to escape being lynched because a jester is believed to be in the game. Town could end up chasing an imaginary arsonist, even ignoring confirmed mafia to get the arso who has the whole town "doused".

Some town roles will finder it harder to confirm themselves when a drug dealer could have made the same notification. A player claiming a fake drug effect may be lynched as town could think he is lying. Investigative roles will still receive their info so fake blocked notifications can be discovered.

One drug (medicine?) can be used to actually heal the mafia (like in FM 10) but random drug effects are recommended to be used with this in most setups.
    ^^
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

6. ISO #6

I believe being able to use the same message twice is a bit OP. Perhaps there could be both, and mine is Triad. (kinda fits the style, doesn't it?

Can this hypothetical drug dealer role give detection-related messages? Are doctors immune?

Where is Oops_ur_dead, I need to ask him these things...
    Last edited by Kiflaam; June 20th, 2016 at 02:38 AM.

7. ISO #7

I believe being able to use the same message twice is a bit OP. Perhaps there could be both, and mine is Triad. (kinda fits the style, doesn't it?

Can this hypothetical drug dealer role give detection-related messages? Are doctors immune?

I'll summon him for you. @oops_ur_dead
    I love oops

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄

8. ISO #8

I suggested the role like 4 years ago so I can't really answer any of these questions lol.