Black Friday
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Black Friday

1. ISO #1

Black Friday

Well I work at Best Buy and am going to want to kill myself working Thanksgiving and black friday, but I plan on at least setting a couple of things aside for myself before the crowds trample into the store and destroy everything. Getting a new iPad and probably just random things.

Anyone got their eyes set for a certain thing or wanna share any sweet deals?

Twisted

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by twistedvip View Post
    Well I work at Best Buy and am going to want to kill myself working Thanksgiving and black friday, but I plan on at least setting a couple of things aside for myself before the crowds trample into the store and destroy everything. Getting a new iPad and probably just random things.

Anyone got their eyes set for a certain thing or wanna share any sweet deals?

Twisted
    don't you get paid double or something to compensate? that's how it worked when I was a waiter. We got paid double on holidays, I was hella down.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    don't you get paid double or something to compensate? that's how it worked when I was a waiter. We got paid double on holidays, I was hella down.
    We get paid time and a half (1.5x), so I was making $13.50/hr on Thursday from 6pm-midnight. It wasn't too bad, but still for the amount of assholes that were present it I'm not sure if it was worth it. Our store alone sold $1.2M worth of revenue on Thursday and Friday combined.
    I don't blame you for not going shopping. It seems most people just buy shit online nowadays anyways, which I even did myself. There wasn't really any sale for Sonos, only getting giftcards with each item purchased. I did still purchase an entire Sonos home theater system along with a Play:3 and Play:5 to set up the entire home!

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by twistedvip View Post
    We get paid time and a half (1.5x), so I was making $13.50/hr on Thursday from 6pm-midnight. It wasn't too bad, but still for the amount of assholes that were present it I'm not sure if it was worth it. Our store alone sold $1.2M worth of revenue on Thursday and Friday combined.
    I don't blame you for not going shopping. It seems most people just buy shit online nowadays anyways, which I even did myself. There wasn't really any sale for Sonos, only getting giftcards with each item purchased. I did still purchase an entire Sonos home theater system along with a Play:3 and Play:5 to set up the entire home!
    math says that if 50 employees worked during those 2 days, a generous estimation rounded up would put total spent by best buy on employee wages to be 20k, against the 1.2m in revenue.

fuck capitalism

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    math says that if 50 employees worked during those 2 days, a generous estimation rounded up would put total spent by best buy on employee wages to be 20k, against the 1.2m in revenue.

fuck capitalism

That $20k for two days of labor isn't the only deduction from that $1.2 million. You forgot to count the cost of the property the store sits on, and the cost of the merchandise to the store, and the payroll and corpotate taxes, and advertising, and franchise fees depending on the corporate structure, and a million other things. Then you need to remember that the store is basically lifeless between January and June due to the holiday consumer debt hangover. They're going to need that 1.2 million, and they'll be lucky to eke out profits of 1-3% on it. There's a reason Amazon is killing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroplant View Post
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Klingoncelt View Post
    Actually business starts picking up around Easter, not June.
    You say potato I say tomato. The point is anyone who has worked retail in February knows that the profits accrued around Christmas time are the only thing that keep the business afloat.
    Mafia will be very interesting for the duration of this sentence, and lots of individuals' tummys will hurt from laughing so hard. I've had to fall out of my chair and lie on the ground before, as it was just too painful to laugh LOL.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by thedougler View Post
    You say potato I say tomato. The point is anyone who has worked retail in February knows that the profits accrued around Christmas time are the only thing that keep the business afloat.
    What if you work in a Halloween store?

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Blue Masquerader View Post
    Hey moron. shut the fuck up or I will shut you up, k? I'm not the person your going to insult and live happily ever after. K? Understand that,

15. ISO #15

That $20k for two days of labor isn't the only deduction from that $1.2 million. You forgot to count the cost of the property the store sits on, and the cost of the merchandise to the store, and the payroll and corpotate taxes, and advertising, and franchise fees depending on the corporate structure, and a million other things. Then you need to remember that the store is basically lifeless between January and June due to the holiday consumer debt hangover. They're going to need that 1.2 million, and they'll be lucky to eke out profits of 1-3% on it. There's a reason Amazon is killing them.
    also gotta pay that ceo salary of 12milion a year, which was my point. twisted is a wage slave, even with overtime pay hes making less than a living wage to work on a holiday, dealing with other disgusting consumer wage slaves trying to save a few dollars, while the ceo is celebrating the holiday at his mansion. i mean really, best buy should just register as a charity since it hardly turns a profit.

again, fuck capitalism

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    also gotta pay that ceo salary of 12milion a year, which was my point. twisted is a wage slave, even with overtime pay hes making less than a living wage to work on a holiday, dealing with other disgusting consumer wage slaves trying to save a few dollars, while the ceo is celebrating the holiday at his mansion. i mean really, best buy should just register as a charity since it hardly turns a profit.

again, fuck capitalism
    I agree. Communism is the way! I wish everyone could be NEET and free to pursue our callings in the arts, philosophy, or scientific pursuits. Or you know, just troll SC2 Mafia 24/7.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

That's part of the reason so many businesses fail - they fail to look at the big picture.

By Easter everyone's going nuts from cabin fever and looking at the dingy remains of snow, it's a great time to sell something colorful. In May & June there's graduation, also in June there's weddings, electronics make nice presents. Does BestBuy have a wedding gift registry? All summer long there's a need for vacation supplies that are lightweight and water-resistant, and then there's back-to-school in August.

There's money to be made.
    "Dick Cheney. Darth Vader. Hitler. Satan. That's power. It only helps us when people are blind to who we are and what we're doing."
    - Steve Bannon