User Tag List

Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #701

2. ISO #702

Re: S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    Idk

So... Frontrunner?
    Not sure what frontrunner means but sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

3. ISO #703

4. ISO #704

5. ISO #705

Quote Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara View Post
    This was kind of funny since he pointed out the chat first.
    The irony is not lost on me, but I'm still very much against not utilizing the tools provided to us, if three teamscum want to try to coordinate to manipulate the wagon targets, then let them, they'll slip and we'll shoot them.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

6. ISO #706

7. ISO #707

Frontrunner is a neutral role that chooses at the start of the game whether to side with mafia or town. They also have to survive until the end of the game.
    From what I gathered, the host assigns the victory condition
    fucketh me in the ass

8. ISO #708

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    The irony is not lost on me, but I'm still very much against not utilizing the tools provided to us, if three teamscum want to try to coordinate to manipulate the wagon targets, then let them, they'll slip and we'll shoot them.
    What do you think of my proposal then, that would allow gikkle or anyone else to not shoot who they townread ?

9. ISO #709

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    What do you think of my proposal then, that would allow gikkle or anyone else to not shoot who they townread ?
    As long as we shoot the top wagon at the artificial EODs then sure
    fucketh me in the ass

10. ISO #710

You’re forgetting scum has a 24/7 chat.

Scum can coordinate to put one ITA target at the top, then get shots on that target, then move to get another person mislynched.
    That's why we need to pre-plan multiple shots and account for all scenarios. I will get the scenario list going (thinking out loud here):

A. Flips are not immediate (e.g., we find out only at the end of day).
    Then I think we are just stuck to identifying slots to shoot and who will do the shooting. Of importance will be picking the shooters so that potential scum will be put on the spot to shoot their potential scum-mate. We may or may not be able to gain alignment indications, however, seeing as several folks have already expressed wanting to deviate from the plan, and they could be either scum with such agenda or town whose opinions disagree with that of others. So we really need town to get into alignment here. I see not shooting their townreads as a suggestion, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of trying to catch a scum resisting to use their shot? On the other hand, if we won't catch scum this way, then we're just looking at multiple lynches/deaths on D1, which like I said earlier, I would prefer to do later than D1 given the lack of information and game progression in the first day.

B. Flips are immediate
    Rather than allow scum to do what SB16 described, we don't have 2nd thoughts right AFTER the flip. We pre-plan our strategy IN ADVANCE and execute to it. That means we prepare in advance e.g.,
    i. We shoot PQR and they flip Town, then our 2nd shot will be XYZ. If XYZ flips Town then our 3rd shot is Abracadabra; if XYZ flips Scum then our 3rd shot is Chewbacca.
    ii. We shoot PQR and they flip Scum, then our 2nd shot is ABC. Etc.

11. ISO #711

This was kind of funny since he pointed out the chat first.
    I caught that, which surprises me that he didn't connect the dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

12. ISO #712

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzie View Post
    No I didn't. I stated two things about PQR's enterance that I found scummy, then after they over-reacted, I hinted that I thought that was scummy too. There were like 10 more posts in that interaction, where I actually stated very few reasons why I thought PQR was scum.

Hmm... Brad, you town? Or no?
    You gonna tunnel me for the third game in a row or are you going to learn how to read me? Also don't lie about what you did, it's starting to annoy me how much people lie in these fucking games and think it's fine.

13. ISO #713

14. ISO #714

Sean is also a stronger TR, because he insisted on pushing a town-favouring strategy and did so early which raised discussions to base our reads off.
    Takumi Fujiwara aka Frinckles is a slight TR too, because he was the most opposed to sean's plan and i think his reticence isn't baseless, because as i said before it's very easy for scum to dominate and lead wagons on D1 especially.
    Deathworlds is a slight town lean, seems reasonable and his support of sean's plan looks legit.
    Martin is a slight TR, i liked and agreed with his read on PQR at the time.
    DoctorZeus is a slight TR, because i also agree with the reasoning, in fact that's very close to what i thought about the slot in my first game with him.
    Bradland is a slight TR, the entry was pretty good and constructive.
    Hollowkatt is null, i don't think his indignation
    MM is null for now.
    Paopan is still his null self.
    PQR has had good posts but also some strange/unhelpful ones, so he's null.
    Gikkle is gikkle-y null, too. Probably less mechanical than usual, but how could it be otherwise ?
    Mesk/Oliverz is null despite our reciprocated troll towncore claims.
    SB is roleplaying me and will show up in 2hs. Null.
    Boba fett's comment about how "town will go for hero shots" also struck me as odd, because i really doubt any decent good willed player would go against the consensus to kill. I could see them refusing to shoot, tho, and that's why i null read gikkle. Slight scum read.
    Okay, this is significantly better. Judgmental Wailord is happy.

15. ISO #715

Takumi/MM/Loldebite/Boba/SB16

I wanna lynch in here today, I think

Martin/Paopan/Hollowkatt/Seanzie/pqrn/DrZ/Bradland/Deathworlds most probably contains one scum but none of them have pinged me really

Oliverz I exclude only because he hasn't posted yet and I think he's pretty easy to read a lot of the time

16. ISO #716

17. ISO #717

18. ISO #718

19. ISO #719

20. ISO #720

I caught that, which surprises me that he didn't connect the dots.
    I am afraid I am also not connecting the dots. Deathworld (in my town group) was pointing out that yes, scum can and will interfere, and increasing the number of lynches (via ITA) will not change this fact. Does that mean we start doing no-lynches (not plausible ofc) simply because scum will always have the ability to interfere? I think not.

I do agree with you, SB16, however, that selecting multiple slots to terminate would be better done in later game than D1. But Seanzies also has a valid point that as towns start disappearing (NKs, lynches), we will have fewer shots to exercise the extra lynches in later game (and the quantity of scum will alter the balance as you said). There are pros and cons here, unfortunately: such is life (and game)

21. ISO #721

Speaking of which, I don't remember HollowKatt being such a pointed player. Maybe I just remember the cute bear picture while he nonchalantly wolfed to a W. Maybe different metas? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also wondering if Gikkle is just scum playing it cool to shake off push attempts. Kind of seems that way to me. Smart thing to jokingly suggest his slot being neutral to make players second guess his alignment and look elsewhere.
    Shrugging off push attempts and having bravado is more town!indicative of Gikkle. If he's mafia he folds like a bed sheet.

22. ISO #722

Quote Originally Posted by BradLand View Post
    Him saying "I bArElY TuNnElEd HiM!" when he was on your balls throughout the first page.
    We had a couple of early troll openers (POE of 14, 13), I think he used the opportunity to put some pressure on me and RVS-voted me. And then pinged me some more and scumread me cuz didnt like my tone. That's not really tunneling, that is pursuing a lead, which is quite Townie to me. It would be more suspect if he poked me couple times, RVS voted me, then moved on and didnt speak about me further.

23. ISO #723

24. ISO #724

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    We had a couple of early troll openers (POE of 14, 13), I think he used the opportunity to put some pressure on me and RVS-voted me. And then pinged me some more and scumread me cuz didnt like my tone. That's not really tunneling, that is pursuing a lead, which is quite Townie to me. It would be more suspect if he poked me couple times, RVS voted me, then moved on and didnt speak about me further.
    No I get that it's town coming from him, but I've dealt with 2 death tunnels in a row from this guy and it's a pain in the ass. Especially when all I hear coming from Sean is "I'm a great player!" and yet he's reading me wrong every game and making games a pain in the ass for me.

Like if I hear you talking about how great you are, you better be fucking great and be able to read me, especially when I'm easy to find as either alignment because my mafia game sucks far more than my town game.

But he's read me wrong most games that were in, like that doesn't give me any faith at all in him.

25. ISO #725

That's why we need to pre-plan multiple shots and account for all scenarios. I will get the scenario list going (thinking out loud here):

A. Flips are not immediate (e.g., we find out only at the end of day).
    Then I think we are just stuck to identifying slots to shoot and who will do the shooting. Of importance will be picking the shooters so that potential scum will be put on the spot to shoot their potential scum-mate. We may or may not be able to gain alignment indications, however, seeing as several folks have already expressed wanting to deviate from the plan, and they could be either scum with such agenda or town whose opinions disagree with that of others. So we really need town to get into alignment here. I see not shooting their townreads as a suggestion, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of trying to catch a scum resisting to use their shot? On the other hand, if we won't catch scum this way, then we're just looking at multiple lynches/deaths on D1, which like I said earlier, I would prefer to do later than D1 given the lack of information and game progression in the first day.

B. Flips are immediate
    Rather than allow scum to do what SB16 described, we don't have 2nd thoughts right AFTER the flip. We pre-plan our strategy IN ADVANCE and execute to it. That means we prepare in advance e.g.,
    i. We shoot PQR and they flip Town, then our 2nd shot will be XYZ. If XYZ flips Town then our 3rd shot is Abracadabra; if XYZ flips Scum then our 3rd shot is Chewbacca.
    ii. We shoot PQR and they flip Scum, then our 2nd shot is ABC. Etc.
    What do you mean "pre-plan multiple shots" lol, aren't we supposed to simply follow the trains ?... And sequentially shoot the top wagon ?

26. ISO #726

I didn't claim neutral. And the way you phrase my stance on the plan irks me, because it construes what I said as worse than it actually is. Why would I ever shoot someone I thought was town? It's such an unlikely scenario that probably won't even happen anyways, so I might as well have just agreed with the plan whole heartedly.
    If you don't understand how your posts regarding the plan give the wolves an easy out, I don't know what to say. If you're town, then you've made it much harder for us to successfully pull of a major +EV plan, and if you're wolf, well good job undermining what would make your life much much worse. Yes, it is unlikely enough that it would have been better to not mention it, and so now I am stuck trying to decide if you mentioning it was a townie making a mistake or a wolf doing something strategic.

27. ISO #727

No I get that it's town coming from him, but I've dealt with 2 death tunnels in a row from this guy and it's a pain in the ass. Especially when all I hear coming from Sean is "I'm a great player!" and yet he's reading me wrong every game and making games a pain in the ass for me.

Like if I hear you talking about how great you are, you better be fucking great and be able to read me, especially when I'm easy to find as either alignment because my mafia game sucks far more than my town game.

But he's read me wrong most games that were in, like that doesn't give me any faith at all in him.
    That the game is made a pain in the ass for you is irrelevant. Pointless AtE.

28. ISO #728

29. ISO #729

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshalt View Post
    +1

Could be an intentionally underperforming scum, but he hasn't really been that bad thus far, so I wouldn't be too harsh, at least for now.

Also, I should probably move my vote away from RVS o.O realized I forgot to do that!
    -vote pqrnhack

Could be scum based on tone, and his flip would be informative, so I'm placing my vote there until something more interesting comes up.
    Voting me on tone is silly (sorry, I used an S-word!).

My alarm bells are going off about your vote for the following reasons:
    1. I am Town So natural alarm bell.
    2. I hope this is not one of those "oh i got him wrong last game and we were both town, so I should be right this time around"
    moving on to serious concerns:
    3. You stated earlier that you don't have a high level of confidence in reading me (acknowledging your TvT failure in our prior game). My post looks fake, I think you are hinting that I am intentionally sounding happy because I am scum and am trying to act townie? Using town-optimal mech strategy *IS* solving, or at least allowing town to exercise its limited rights as the uninformed majority. And Sean's strat "just" makes the shots follow the will of the People? A pretty solid plan in my book.
    4. You did not offer your own reads of my slot and went to comment on a) Paopan's comments on me, b) "assuming scum~PQ how does that look for Gikkle"[paraphrased] (implying scum~Gikkle is clearing scum~PQ), c) you move your vote away from RVS and vote me. So I am your top vote at this moment, why?

30. ISO #730

If you don't understand how your posts regarding the plan give the wolves an easy out, I don't know what to say. If you're town, then you've made it much harder for us to successfully pull of a major +EV plan, and if you're wolf, well good job undermining what would make your life much much worse. Yes, it is unlikely enough that it would have been better to not mention it, and so now I am stuck trying to decide if you mentioning it was a townie making a mistake or a wolf doing something strategic.
    I completely disagree, he simply refused to take part in the actual killing of his TRs. IMO this is legitimate even as town. We should be enough to be able to shoot the top wagons even if a couple of us refuse to shoot specifically these.

31. ISO #731

Voting me on tone is silly (sorry, I used an S-word!).

My alarm bells are going off about your vote for the following reasons:
    1. I am Town So natural alarm bell.
    2. I hope this is not one of those "oh i got him wrong last game and we were both town, so I should be right this time around"
    moving on to serious concerns:
    3. You stated earlier that you don't have a high level of confidence in reading me (acknowledging your TvT failure in our prior game). My post looks fake, I think you are hinting that I am intentionally sounding happy because I am scum and am trying to act townie? Using town-optimal mech strategy *IS* solving, or at least allowing town to exercise its limited rights as the uninformed majority. And Sean's strat "just" makes the shots follow the will of the People? A pretty solid plan in my book.
    4. You did not offer your own reads of my slot and went to comment on a) Paopan's comments on me, b) "assuming scum~PQ how does that look for Gikkle"[paraphrased] (implying scum~Gikkle is clearing scum~PQ), c) you move your vote away from RVS and vote me. So I am your top vote at this moment, why?
    Also I do not like this: I'd at least like to have other people's thoughts on this post, because it looks fake to me.

So what thoughts have you received since then that convinced you PQR is the vote for you today?

@Marshmallow Marshalt

32. ISO #732

OK, I think I can relate to that with MM
    I dont know your history, both of you are new to me and I dont have time to go search games on other sites.
    Saying you are super easy to find as either alignment is kinda weird. I have not found your alignment yet lol.

33. ISO #733

Okay I get shooting in the top wagons to narrow down and stop people from hero shooting.

But I agree with Gikkle that you shouldn't be forced to shoot a townread of yours.

Of course there will be (hopefully) a second option where you don't townread the individual and you could just shoot there.

Simple solution.

34. ISO #734

I’m sorry, I do not see the benefit of forcing people to use their kills on people they townread. That sounds like it’s a way for wolves to coordinate and get specific people lynched or scumpainted.

Activity isn’t alignment indicative and this plan puts power into people with more activity. It isn’t good for town to shoot their townreads and it isn’t good for town to pool all of their power into the people who are voting more actively. My first vote came in just recently but it’s a well founded vote that I feel has a lot of power and momentum behind it. I won’t be shooting the top wagon just because active players (read: potential powerwolves) aren’t voting with me.
    You’re forgetting scum has a 24/7 chat.

Scum can coordinate to put one ITA target at the top, then get shots on that target, then move to get another person mislynched.
    With the attitude in your first post, we might as well just forfeit now, because according to this, scum essentially controls both the TK and the NK, which means this game is unwinnable... I'm going to chalk this up to you not really being familiar with 24/7 scumchat though thanks to your second comment quoted here, so let me speak to you about that.

I think you are strongly overlooking that if wolves block-vote like this, it becomes really obvious, both at the time and later on doing wagonomics. Sure, 24/7 scum chat allows for more coordination between wolves, but if 2-3 people jump on a wagon that flips town at the last minute without good reason, that is suspicious. This draws attention to both the people voting and the potential CW's at the time. In addition, any townies involved in such a move will have natural suspicion on the other people involved in such a CW, which puts wolves that block-vote in a weird position where they need to be good at scum theatre, or they're outed (and most wolves are not good at scum theatre IME). So like... yes, scum can theoretically control who we kill with an ITA, but they have to more-or-less out in order to do it. This isn't MyLo, so I'm okay letting the scum team out themselves to control one TK.

As someone who plays almost exclusively with 24/7 scum chat, this is a concern, but not nearly as large of a concern as you're making it. If it was such a big factor, scum would win almost every game with 24/7 scum chat by simply block-voting, and that just doesn't happen.

35. ISO #735

36. ISO #736

What do you mean "pre-plan multiple shots" lol, aren't we supposed to simply follow the trains ?... And sequentially shoot the top wagon ?
    I am talking beyond the first wagon. Read my post again, I am not sure what you are finding so difficult?
    If you are proposing we just go for wagons #1 #2 #3 in that order, then that is pretty weak (plausible for what I called scenario A - no flips - so let's try a 2-for-1 trade type of thing; but not a good "final plan" if you consider scenario B).

I think it would be stupid to just go for wagon #2 #3 as those might be 2-3 vote wagons and really not meaningful when you consider that wagon #1 had the most votes and therefore those players could not have voted for #2 or #3. This is why we need to talk about player names/slots, not just going off vote counts.

37. ISO #737

After thinking things through i agree with the sb/gikkle/frinckles stance : one shouldn't force anyone to shoot one of his TR. If they're the top wagon anyway, there should be enough people to get them gunned down. Especially if we ask of people who null read the slot to shoot too. I don't see any downside with that approach and it does give the possibility for more diverse counter-wagons, which is probably what we want to counter scum coordinating to manipulate wagons.
    The downside is that wolves can strategically choose when to shoot and when not to, and we are much less likely to actually get 2 TKs with this policy.

38. ISO #738

I’m going to hold mine until I deem it necessary. Maybe there’s something I just don’t understand here. But trying to narrow the field to suit an active scum team doesn’t make sense to me.

It doesn’t help that the current top trains are both players that I townread in some capacity.
    I don't understand your position. How does performing TKs suit an active scum team, and why are you so convinced the scum team is especially active this game?

Who would you like to be the top train? Maybe two names, so like your preferred wagon/cw pair?

39. ISO #739

40. ISO #740

41. ISO #741

42. ISO #742

I am talking beyond the first wagon. Read my post again, I am not sure what you are finding so difficult?
    If you are proposing we just go for wagons #1 #2 #3 in that order, then that is pretty weak (plausible for what I called scenario A - no flips - so let's try a 2-for-1 trade type of thing; but not a good "final plan" if you consider scenario B).

I think it would be stupid to just go for wagon #2 #3 as those might be 2-3 vote wagons and really not meaningful when you consider that wagon #1 had the most votes and therefore those players could not have voted for #2 or #3. This is why we need to talk about player names/slots, not just going off vote counts.
    Nothing prevents us from voting again until the next shot, so what's your point ?

43. ISO #743

44. ISO #744

You gonna tunnel me for the third game in a row or are you going to learn how to read me? Also don't lie about what you did, it's starting to annoy me how much people lie in these fucking games and think it's fine.
    Starting to think you're scum here, so let's go with the tunnel option.

I didn't lie. Sorry you're annoyed, but your feelings are on you. Perhaps you and I have a different view on the topic, but I wouldn't call what I did on Page 1 tunneling. You've never seen me tunnel. You might this game if you're scum though.

45. ISO #745

46. ISO #746

I am afraid I am also not connecting the dots. Deathworld (in my town group) was pointing out that yes, scum can and will interfere, and increasing the number of lynches (via ITA) will not change this fact. Does that mean we start doing no-lynches (not plausible ofc) simply because scum will always have the ability to interfere? I think not.

I do agree with you, SB16, however, that selecting multiple slots to terminate would be better done in later game than D1. But Seanzies also has a valid point that as towns start disappearing (NKs, lynches), we will have fewer shots to exercise the extra lynches in later game (and the quantity of scum will alter the balance as you said). There are pros and cons here, unfortunately: such is life (and game)
    I never said anything about that, the point you're attributing to me is not mine.

Right now I am trying to get today's ITA strategy cemented. It will have to evolve with time, but I'm not worried about anything past today right now.

47. ISO #747

Nothing prevents us from voting again until the next shot, so what's your point ?
    Did you even read my post? I advocated for voting multiple players BEFORE ANY SHOTS. If you are proposing voting in-between kills, tell me what is your rationale, how is that better, etc.

I am not saying it is not[better], but tell me your thoughts on this.

48. ISO #748

Starting to think you're scum here, so let's go with the tunnel option.

I didn't lie. Sorry you're annoyed, but your feelings are on you. Perhaps you and I have a different view on the topic, but I wouldn't call what I did on Page 1 tunneling. You've never seen me tunnel. You might this game if you're scum though.
    YOU LITERALLY FUCKING DID IT IN THE FUCKING SYNDICATE GAME!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT YOU'RE FUCKING INSUFFERABLE

49. ISO #749

The downside is that wolves can strategically choose when to shoot and when not to, and we are much less likely to actually get 2 TKs with this policy.
    I disagree. The townies that holster on their TR will be expected to shoot on the following wagon, and if both of their TRs are top 2 wagons then it's likely that one will end up getting shot. With 5 people shooting, we have 67% chance of a gun actually firing. With 7 people, 79%. Two Kills before the lynch (because I don't think the lynch is disabled, is it ?) is requires us to get lucky anyway.

50. ISO #750