User Tag List

Page 20 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 2921
  1. ISO #951

2. ISO #952

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Tbh

I don't understand why Frinckles is heavily suggesting *he* would be the one who had a locked house without a thought of me having the locked house.

A large part of the thread was talking about how BD should do nothing, on D1.

Imo I would imagine from a DH perspective there would be a decent chance that a hard-claim busdriver (on arguably towny contexts) would be vulnerable to a kill.

However, Frinckles never participated in discussion directly about "what the bus driver should do"

I'm wondering if DH and Frinckles had different ideas about what the busdriver should do.

kinda thinking openly here; rambling on
    You are more than likely a BD. You can switch yourself with anyone else. A dragon head hitting you makes absolutely zero sense especially when you could be an operator from their perspective.

On the other hand, I cannot do anything to protect myself so a protective role on me makes sense since I hardclaimed scientist. Am I misunderstanding?
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #953

4. ISO #954

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    You are more than likely a BD. You can switch yourself with anyone else. A dragon head hitting you makes absolutely zero sense especially when you could be an operator from their perspective.

On the other hand, I cannot do anything to protect myself so a protective role on me makes sense since I hardclaimed scientist. Am I misunderstanding?
    You're not misunderstanding. You're absolutely right that it's probably more likely that you were targeted by the dragon head and the locksmith. It's possible that Martin was targeted by them both, too though.

Doubtful imo but possible.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

5. ISO #955

Why would dragon head attack Frinckles, though? This TPR heavy ass setup means he was bound to have some protection.

DH is trash or there's still more fuckery we haven't found out about yet
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

6. ISO #956

Okay, I should be back for enough time to read up. My gut instinct is that Frinckles is scum; he discouraged setup spec yesterday, made the fluffy/distracting "friends list," and is currently claiming that the largest counter-train is scum. He also didn't fight to make sure day didn't end early. And the whole business about his scum list being the low-posters. When I read it the first time, it all felt like a scum trying to slip by and lead the town away from productive discussions. Soon, I'll read back through his posts individually and see if I still agree with my first instinct.

But first I'll share my thinking on the mechanical angle:

I'm assuming the Switcher DIDN'T successfully switch last night. If they did, why aren't they outing the person they switched to? EZ lynch on someone who needs to die for your wincon to happen.

For Frinckles, there are then 4 possibilities:
    1. He's a Scientist like he says
    2. He's a non-scientist town
    3. He's Triad
    4. He's a Switcher and has been so since D1.

In case 1, right now he's chasing down someone he gained insight on as a power role. His claim D1 was because he legit thought his role was about to become useless, and he was exasperated. A suboptimal play to reveal, but maybe understandable.

In case 2, he's a huge hypocrite making -1000 IQ plays by fingering someone he doesn't actually have a lead on. Going to assume this isn't the case we're in

In case 3, he's driving up the largest-possible train that isn't him using a role he claimed yesterday. It would have been bold to fakeclaim Scientist yesterday with the possibility of a CC, and he'll be exposed pretty soon if he misyeets today. But if he's Triad, his lie is buying him another day and potentially another dead non-triad.

In case 4, he's just lying his ass off to make sure he can survive another night where he'd probably Switch. In this case, I'd suspect his Switch failed last night, rather than him having chosen not to switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

7. ISO #957

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Why would dragon head attack Frinckles, though? This TPR heavy ass setup means he was bound to have some protection.

DH is trash or there's still more fuckery we haven't found out about yet
    DH needs to hit the right targets which means he believes im real. Risking a hit on a triad fucks their game up so yolo hitting or going through a BD is dangerous.

Tbh I didn't even consider locksmith a possibility until Martin said that, I just assumed maybe they didn't hit, which is a fine strategy here

8. ISO #958

Tbh

I don't understand why Frinckles is heavily suggesting *he* would be the one who had a locked house without a thought of me having the locked house.

A large part of the thread was talking about how BD should do nothing, on D1.

Imo I would imagine from a DH perspective there would be a decent chance that a hard-claim busdriver (on arguably towny contexts) would be vulnerable to a kill.

However, Frinckles never participated in discussion directly about "what the bus driver should do"

I'm wondering if DH and Frinckles had different ideas about what the busdriver should do.

kinda thinking openly here; rambling on
    FWIW, I agree with what Frinckles posted below: You can save yourself, but Frinckles couldn't. (assuming you both are honestly claiming roles)

Not saying I did it, but I would probably lock Frinckles unless I was super convinced he was full of shit.

9. ISO #959

And that's looking even less likely with the claim that naz just made

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TPR CLAIMS
    i'm pretty sure most of the town randoms are tpr in this setup (just on a gut feeling, not that i know host meta - just seems like teh best way to roll this setup)
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

10. ISO #960

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    he's a huge hypocrite making -1000 IQ plays by fingering someone he doesn't actually have a lead on
    Always gotta have a lead on someone before the fingering starts

11. ISO #961

DH needs to hit the right targets which means he believes im real. Risking a hit on a triad fucks their game up so yolo hitting or going through a BD is dangerous.

Tbh I didn't even consider locksmith a possibility until Martin said that, I just assumed maybe they didn't hit, which is a fine strategy here
    I don't at all agree with this, though. Why would Martin claim BD as an Operator? He would know FOR A FACT that there's at least one BD that isn't him, and Oberon was plausibly going to die anyways. Bus Driving doesn't give feedback, so it's not a role that's hard to fake. You don't need to be an Operator to lie with "oh yeah, one of the people I swapped was locked, and that's why there was no kill." It's pretty easy to come up with that.

12. ISO #962

One thing I want to know is why @naz claimed who Dark Magician visited before they had the chance to say something for themselves. IMO that is a big misplay and there was virtually no reason to claim at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

13. ISO #963

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    One thing I want to know is why @naz claimed who Dark Magician visited before they had the chance to say something for themselves. IMO that is a big misplay and there was virtually no reason to claim at this point.
    isn't it better to not drag it? DM is one of the top wagon here and an important piece of the puzzle, with the correct information without speculations, we can all have a fair chance at figuring this out. why would you post this?

14. ISO #964

Unknown, if you're town, why do you care? Is Naz actually on your radar as scum?

15. ISO #965

I don't at all agree with this, though. Why would Martin claim BD as an Operator? He would know FOR A FACT that there's at least one BD that isn't him, and Oberon was plausibly going to die anyways. Bus Driving doesn't give feedback, so it's not a role that's hard to fake. You don't need to be an Operator to lie with "oh yeah, one of the people I swapped was locked, and that's why there was no kill." It's pretty easy to come up with that.
    He doesn't have to be operator in that world, no. But it was a CC either way.

16. ISO #966

He doesn't have to be operator in that world, no. But it was a CC either way.
    Tbh I misread your post as insinuating that Martin was an Operator, but looking back it's clear that's not what you meant.

17. ISO #967

Quote Originally Posted by bakermir View Post
    isn't it better to not drag it? DM is one of the top wagon here and an important piece of the puzzle, with the correct information without speculations, we can all have a fair chance at figuring this out. why would you post this?
    Unknown, if you're town, why do you care? Is Naz actually on your radar as scum?
    Our collective scum radar just all lit up simultaneously.

This is exactly why I asked him that same fucking question when he was commenting on the interaction between the two of them before. Seems like he's scum giving scum directions/feedback/ giving DM an out and making it easier for him to respond to Frinckles.

Seems like he's legit mad that DM is getting backed further into a corner

18. ISO #968

19. ISO #969

I'm still 10 posts behind, but I'm just dying to share this - why aren't ppl giving due thought to the idea that Frinckles was switcher d1 and switched with DM on n1? Scientist is probably the best TPR to claim as switcher because it allows you to "prove" yourself day 2 when you "happen to find the switcher the next day". This way regardless of whether you end up with triad or town you get you can claim to be proven.

Frinckles hard pushing Oberon for all of yesterday could be viewed as a performance to make us think he couldn't possibly know Oberon isn't switcher.

It's tin-foily but yh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

20. ISO #970

21. ISO #971

Okay, let's do the thing instead of talking about doing the thing.

It's Unknown train/interrogation time.

-vote Unknown1234
    Agreed. I'm here with a vote but there are 9 users browsing this thread and I don't want any turbolynch shenanigans happening so I'm gonna hold it and see what happens

22. ISO #972

For full disclosure, I don't know how I feel about Frinckles' day 1. He can have games where he's apathetic town and just lets bad credibility build and whiffs. Though I really don't feel happy about his own assessment of how day 1 went.

@Frinckles when I referred to the "trains" I meant the first train on Oberon that ended roughly after he claimed BD and me, DM and rene all unvoted. The second train refers to the one initiated by Martin's BD claim. I understand that you voted him continuously, though.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

23. ISO #973

If you guys seriously don't think that Oberon deserved to be lynched yesterday you are out of your fucking minds.

I do not care what his flip was. He absolutely deserved to die for a plethora of reasons.
    Strongly agree, and I'll again add that I legit think it was beneficial for town. Someone who pulled some stupid shit like that being able to BD people was only ever gonna be a detriment to town.

24. ISO #974

If you guys seriously don't think that Oberon deserved to be lynched yesterday you are out of your fucking minds.

I do not care what his flip was. He absolutely deserved to die for a plethora of reasons.
    maybe but after the BD claim only 9 hours in was no longer justified

25. ISO #975

I'm still 10 posts behind, but I'm just dying to share this - why aren't ppl giving due thought to the idea that Frinckles was switcher d1 and switched with DM on n1? Scientist is probably the best TPR to claim as switcher because it allows you to "prove" yourself day 2 when you "happen to find the switcher the next day". This way regardless of whether you end up with triad or town you get you can claim to be proven.

Frinckles hard pushing Oberon for all of yesterday could be viewed as a performance to make us think he couldn't possibly know Oberon isn't switcher.

It's tin-foily but yh.
    Let's run through this scenario:

If Frinckles took DM's role, and that role is town, Frinckles really shouldn't be lying about that right now. Why claim to be Scientist instead of admitting "hey, I was Switcher yesterday, but now I'm town and DM is the new Switcher"? The fakeclaim is just entirely unnecessary, and inconsistent with his advocacy of lynching town who lie about their roles.

If Frinckles took DM's role, and that role is Triad, then the lie is paying off like you said by giving him a cover. It would also stop DM from knowing, for a fact, that Frinckles is the one who stole his role. If we're in this world, I'm interested to see how things play out from DM. (@Dark Magician, if you were Triad but someone stole your role last night, please say so. We may be willing to lynch the new Triad and let you switch out tonight)

26. ISO #976

Oh he most definitely did deserve it.
    Also, I’ll play your little game.
    If I was Switcher I would have switched myself with Deathworlds last night.

27. ISO #977

Yeah and it got Martin to out too even though it's not a unique role. It was pure fuckery. It was the highest quality of fuckery and it ended how it should have. With his ass in the ground.

28. ISO #978

You're putting too much stock into the early lynch hurting town imo. In a normal setup with an informed minority mafia you'd be 100% right but given that mafia don't know who other mafia are it ended up being a wash as far as which side came out on top.

I mean, more discussion time would've been great because I personally love d1 shenanigans and trollposting but mechanically I don't think it was bad for town in this setup.

29. ISO #979

You're putting too much stock into the early lynch hurting town imo. In a normal setup with an informed minority mafia you'd be 100% right but given that mafia don't know who other mafia are it ended up being a wash as far as which side came out on top.

I mean, more discussion time would've been great because I personally love d1 shenanigans and trollposting but mechanically I don't think it was bad for town in this setup.
    I understand that is your opinion, hence why I don't view your role on the train as suspicious. However, I know for sure that isn't Frinckles' opinion because he explicitly asked MZ not to make the day end too soon by pushing Oberon too hard.

30. ISO #980

I understand that is your opinion, hence why I don't view your role on the train as suspicious. However, I know for sure that isn't Frinckles' opinion because he explicitly asked MZ not to make the day end too soon by pushing Oberon too hard.
    he literally said something like "I agree with this train, but I don't want the day to end after 5 hours lol" or smth

31. ISO #981

he did check in and didnt say much
    theres no point in holding onto it anymore
    President Fielzanks walks up to his stage, preparing his n1 speech. In front of him, his two cronies MM and David stood. In front of him, his immaculately written n1 speech was prepared. 'Gentleman, what is the soul of capitalism?', he asked his small audience. 'Money?', MM guessed. 'Waifus?', David asked. 'No' Fielz replied, disappointed in his trash scumteam .
    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    Naz would never forget the Chik-Fil-A Sauce

32. ISO #982

Strongly agree, and I'll again add that I legit think it was beneficial for town. Someone who pulled some stupid shit like that being able to BD people was only ever gonna be a detriment to town.
    There are way too many people here who would unvote if the train got too big before Unknown could respond. You're basically arguing against never voting in the first 24 hours of day so turboyeets don't slip by. Just put your vote where your mouth is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Okay, but WERE YOU THE SWITCHER?

If you respond to this post with an answer OTHER THAN YES, I will never believe you claiming switcher for the rest of the day.

33. ISO #983

Yeah and it got Martin to out too even though it's not a unique role. It was pure fuckery. It was the highest quality of fuckery and it ended how it should have. With his ass in the ground.
    i agree their play was the worst but some votes on that turbo felt very much ad hominem and not even considering the BD claim or.. ending the day so early we get no more information. I mean, you were so sure the wagon had no scum in it before. do you still believe the same?

34. ISO #984

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    Look im gonna ignore naz' bullshit for a sec

I know that you have been switcher atleast one time this game.

If it was yesterday, you would have outted your switch if you got town. You didn't. So you are triad or switcher. Gg

35. ISO #985

I have a lot of town-reads at the moment, and naz is currently not one of them. I don't think much of what they have said has been scummy, but I don't see why they'd claim as a town.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

36. ISO #986

37. ISO #987

Deathworlds and MattZed had both said not to end the day early, but were both on the train that lynched him.

I'm not going to argue with whether or not Oberon should have been lynched, but there was no reason to need to lynch him that early.

38. ISO #988

Deathworlds and MattZed had both said not to end the day early, but were both on the train that lynched him.

I'm not going to argue with whether or not Oberon should have been lynched, but there was no reason to need to lynch him that early.
    I don't consider this AI for Matt as he was not around when the train had a lot of votes (at least that i can remember, i may need to re-read to confirm this).

39. ISO #989

40. ISO #990

he literally said something like "I agree with this train, but I don't want the day to end after 5 hours lol" or smth
    I double-checked this

It took a bit to find (because it didn't say the word "end" lol)

While I wholeheartedly agree, I wanted more than 5 hours to pass in a day
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

41. ISO #991

42. ISO #992

43. ISO #993

44. ISO #994

Mattzed told us to not hammer early.
    No. I'm talking about YOU, you dingus

While I wholeheartedly agree, I wanted more than 5 hours to pass in a day
    Even after the BD claim and Oberon had again invoked the host in an anti-switcher way (claiming he PMed Auwt an explanation of his fakeclaim) you still felt 9 hours was alright where 5 hours was not. If you opened the day by saying "I got emotional and fucked up" I'd have more respect than this post-mortem rationalization you're attempting. This is not the same as Frostbyte's situation at all

45. ISO #995

I think I'm gonna lean in Frinckles' favor here.

I would vote DM near EoD.
    I'm okay with you holding onto the specifics of your night action for a while, but I'd really like to hear more analysis. We have someone hardclaiming an alignment-confirming investigation, and the suspect directly contradicting it. And yet both of these people were fingered BEFORE any of this night-check information came out.

Really, just a "lean"?

46. ISO #996

I double-checked this

It took a bit to find (because it didn't say the word "end" lol)
    ah thankyou

47. ISO #997

Even after the BD claim and Oberon had again invoked the host in an anti-switcher way (claiming he PMed Auwt an explanation of his fakeclaim) you still felt 9 hours was alright where 5 hours was not. If you opened the day by saying "I got emotional and fucked up" I'd have more respect than this post-mortem rationalization you're attempting. This is not the same as Frostbyte's situation at all
    Waitwaitwait, can you find me the post where Frinckles advocates ending D1 early with an Oberon lynch?

48. ISO #998

Waitwaitwait, can you find me the post where Frinckles advocates ending D1 early with an Oberon lynch?
    He was around when Oberon reached L-1 the second time, no?

If you leave someone on L-1 you're saying you're okay with them dying rn or you're bluffing that you are.

The same is true of DM. Who was totally chill with the guy who's defense he hadn't even fully read about to get yeeted by DW.

49. ISO #999

And I literally questionned Frinckles about the train. He had ample opportunity to say "while I fully think Oberon was a speng, the lynch probably came a bit early". But he said no such thing

50. ISO #1000

Why are you so stuck on this? I didn't get emotional nor did I fuck up. I was straight up tired of his shit and didn't believe him because I had no reason to at that point.

If this is the only contingency stopping you from voting me or DM then just go ahead and do it because I'm not wasting time on it anymore. Your priorities are whack.