Same Name Steve cheat..
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Same Name Steve cheat..

it has come up several times. Large full-community involved threads. Can't think of the search terms right now but general consensus has been to leave it as is. And that if you don't want it you can disable names in your save.

If the players are blatantly going against their win-condition/confirmable info to help their friends then you can report that.

Generally it's a double-edged sword though - sure some people might be more likely to protect you cuz they like you out of game - but some others might be more likely to try to kill you cuz they dislike you. So i don't really agree it's a general advantage. I do agree with your sentiment that it goes against the general idea of the game but it's also like - how would you even enforce that, really? It's not just names - there are people you can immediately identify who they are just based on how they type and it's not like there would be any way to police that. The community being small and tight-nit is just naturally going to lead to players recognizing each other.
    Last edited by DJarJar; November 10th, 2021 at 01:42 AM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    The solution is to prefer jailor and exe those idiots n1.

If they use the same name over and over they can't accuse you of "witch hunting" them. Because they chose to give up their anonymity.
    That's name targeting and I believe that's against the rules. You can't just decide to execute someone based on their name without even hearing their claim.

However, an argument can be made if the name you target -prefer evil roles. But if that's the case then they probably deserve to be executed for picking the same name all the time.

So maybe you're right, but only in certain situations?
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    That's name targeting and I believe that's against the rules. You can't just decide to execute someone based on their name without even hearing their claim.

However, an argument can be made if the name you target -prefer evil roles. But if that's the case then they probably deserve to be executed for picking the same name all the time.

So maybe you're right, but only in certain situations?
    It isn't name targeting if they select the same name over and over.

I believe this was discussed by the keepers, but if you decide to give up your anonymity you can't bitch about being targeted.

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I believe this was discussed by the keepers, but if you decide to give up your anonymity you can't bitch about being targeted.
    Ahh. That's interesting, but how is it any different than targeting default names? Which I believe someone was permabanned for.

Not asking you directly, it was a rhetorical question. It just seems to me that name targeting of any kind would be against the rules, but I guess that only applies to defaults.
    The Khaleesi did nothing wrong.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    Ahh. That's interesting, but how is it any different than targeting default names? Which I believe someone was permabanned for.

Not asking you directly, it was a rhetorical question. It just seems to me that name targeting of any kind would be against the rules, but I guess that only applies to defaults.
    The difference in my eyes would be that colored names have 5000+ points and know that they are giving up their anonymity for a reason. Default names are mostly new players or players that want to run a low profile, you pick your poison.

I do still find it odd that people have been punished for targeting one but not the other though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

8. ISO #8