S-FM 321: Scum Town 13p - Page 7
Register

User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #301

Re: S-FM Scum Town 13p

Quote Originally Posted by TCP View Post
    This start is quite strange. Can't tell if Mag is a troll, but if not then... this is going to be a hard game. It seems towny tho
    Huh? It's purely game theory, so it's NAI, and it's absolutely not trolly. Would you be trying to discredit him? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #302

3. ISO #303

Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Magoroth View Post
    I am not a troll. We need to find the informed minority. A good way to find them is to see who's advocating for strategies that would help them win.

Relinquishing one of the scarce tools the uninformed majority have to do this job is a strategy that benefits the informed minority.

Light is advocating for a strategy that only helps the informed minority.

There are now two possibilities of what Light can be, given this behavior. Either he's an informed minority advocating for a strategy that benefits the informed minority. Or, he's a misguided member of the uninformed majority. Eliminating misguided members also increases our chances at winning in the end game, if it gets close. I would feel a lot less worried in end game if we didn't have misguided members of the uninformed majority potentially choosing their allies (or worse skipping!!??).

In addition, I will be advocating for Light's yeet every day that I'm alive. I will be detracting from any other informed hunting. I will be poisonous to this. If you are not going to eliminate Light, I suggest you eliminate me today instead.

The only viable 3rd option is for Yagami toconvince me that they have seen the figurative light and will now try their best to vote for someone they think is part of the informed minority.

There is no easy 4th option.
    Do you mean you scumread Happymeal for his attempt to form a "voting block" with the newcomers? If so, why? It looks good to me: it creates meaningful interactions, be it just to discuss about what his action means about his alignment and who wants to associate with him.

Light always does weird and arguably anti-town things, and skipping is one of those things. Now, if you're advocating for a policy lynch, I may not be opposed to it, but I'd like to know if you think this is a lynch against a member of the informed minority or if you're just pushing it for the sake of pushing policy lynches.
    If Light doesn't get towny to me and if there are no better options, I will sheep you against him, btw.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

4. ISO #304

5. ISO #305

Quote Originally Posted by Grayswandir View Post
    Call them Wolves and Villagers. Unambiguous.
    Oh. Thou art a genius lol.
    From now on, the uninformed majority will be referred to as Villagers and the informed minority, as Wolves.

6. ISO #306

Quote Originally Posted by StarGunner View Post
    Why didn't the host just make it mafia (minority) vs town (majority)?
    Because that's the point lmao

Quote Originally Posted by StarGunner View Post
    I agree that [Magoroth voting Light for skipping] does look pretty scummy.........but maybe he is just quick to react?
    Perhaps it's just because you're new, but I get the feeling you're fencesitting, which is wolfy. When you come back, can you please give clearer reads?

7. ISO #307

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    IMO I found it towny Light for a few reasons:

1. Light_Yagami isn't self-conscious. I mean, who does an action that might be viewed as scummy to new players, as scum? Ideally, some evil players can fake that at the start, I think it looks better when

2. He says its NAI (Not Alignment Indicative) for him (Post #81), but earlier he clearly shows that

3. His actions probably produced some AI content from others (Post #31)

To me, Light_Yagami isn't advancing his own position much, and yet is doing stuff that further his (presumably) towny goals.
    I like this and relate to the thought process, although I would be careful about giving Light too much trust for "lack of self-consciousness": if he isn't conscious it makes him look bad, he might do it as scum, too. It's not towny, it's anti-town, but it's not scummy either. I'd just stop at that to avoid literally giving him a free pass for poor play.

8. ISO #308

Let it be known that Martin is my top townread as of now for bringing up the right points to move the game forward (comments on Light's self-consciousness, pokes at the inactives or at the ones who don't want to give reads) with relatable reasonings and seemingly town intent.

9. ISO #309

Quote Originally Posted by Light_Yagami View Post
    I Was Actually Beginning To Think Upon A Re-Read That Happy Is Actually Open Wolfing.
    You... you think? How could you possibly believe such a thing? There is absolutely NOTHING in his ISO that could make one think he's open-wolfing.

I Know Its Pretty Early Still But Thats My Thought For The Moment
    lol

10. ISO #310

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    You... you think? How could you possibly believe such a thing? There is absolutely NOTHING in his ISO that could make one think he's open-wolfing.

lol
    @Light_Yagami Are you considering open-wolfing as strictly wolfy, or do you see another dimension to it? For the record, I do see another dimension to it, I'm just curious to see what you think about it.

11. ISO #311

You give Yagami too much credit when you say he's "advancing the game" Martin.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    I don't have the reveal, but I may as well because I'm pretty certain I have the game solved. Hear you go (wolves trying to help you out here for your night kills)

Wolves or villager PR
    Dark Magician
    StarGunner
    MartinGG99
    S-FM Magoroth
    Light_Yagami

Villagers
    FrostByte
    Myself
    Kelli
    Grayswandir

Null
    everyone else

there you go wolves and villagers, I have the game solved for you for the most part. Figure out who is what.
    "Wolf/PR" is literally only valid when there's a counterclaim war going on about a specific power role. Else, it's either wrong or it shouldn't be said because it's PR hunting, which means it's doing the wolves' job.

I'm curious to see where you're going to take us: your play is certainly not orthodox, but it could come from town and it could actually not be bad. You should probably not be lynched D1; instead, we keep you for the dessert, Happy Meal :P

12. ISO #312

I see Kelli is claiming to be weak on D1, which is not impossible, but also means we have to watch her so that we don't let her coast with that "bad D1" for the entire game. Outside of that, @Kelli , what do you think of Light, of Martin's analysis of him, and of Martin?

13. ISO #313

Quote Originally Posted by Happymeal View Post
    I like this post a lot because it comes to a similar conclusion in a similar manner of approach. points for whoever this is.

my scum read comes on you about the post where you town read light. You town read light for logic that I believe needs you to initially come to the conclusion he is town before the logic is created to come to said conclusion (both posts 132 and 103) as well as is presented in such a way to not give off that appearance. I do give a few points in your favor for the read he's done things that may seem scummy in a scenario where it wouldn't benefit him optimally. Right now though, you are my top scum read.

New list:

Wolves:

martin
    stargunner

Villagers

Kelli
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Dark Magician
    Grayswandir
    bakermir

Null is everyone I didn't mention
    Mmm, there's no reason to village-read most of those you put in the Villagers list, probably including myself, seeing how I didn't even catch up and only posted like 3 times without amazing insight at that point of the game. Plus, you scumread Martin for having a logic opposed to yours, while this is absolutely not a wolf tell; what would be a wolf tell is if you can determine there is a wolf origin to his position on Light, and disagreeing with him doesn't determine that.
    Why is Stargunner a wolf?

14. ISO #314

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    I understand the skip vote being awful, as I totally agree with it.
    Yet this argument about his way of typing is a bit meh.
    Agreed. Being annoying is not a wolf tell. However, being intentionally annoying is dumb, since people will want to lynch you for it because they want to get rid of you to stop being annoyed.

Looking at Auwt's posts, I see nothing really alignment indicative, and since I often gave him free passes too early, I'm gonna put him in a "sort later" slot.

15. ISO #315

This is game relevant and may determine my read of you.
    What is your opinion of Donald Trump?
    Rofl
    Honestly this push from Martin seems really dumb. Sorry for the bluntness but I just can’t restrain myself. Magoroth is obviously trolling and trying to seem something he’s not, and there’s some obvious personal issues between Light and Magoroth which is what is at play here. This push is dumb. I even bet it’s Villa vs Villa.

I would be much more inclined to scumread TCP.
    Also, given that Kelli says Happymeal claims scum every game, I don’t think Kelli’s scum claim means anything. I would’ve said something about it but I didn’t want to break a self-imposed rule of only posting the bare minimum and keeping my cards close to the chest. Posting detracts from reading.
    Wait, what? Elaborate.

Also, as you can see, posting does not detract me from reading (in fact, it does the exact opposite :P), but I won't hold it against you if you take that strategy while remaining active.

16. ISO #316

Spoiler : Frostbyte's wall :
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Just gonna copypaste my notes, add formatting and then make a tl;dr at the bottom because some crazy asshole put dogshit on my porch like a crazy asshole

^ this. Anyone who tries to claim someone "scum slips" by not saying the reverse of what we're all used to can go suck a fuck. I’m either going with the usual meaning by scum(informed minority)/town(uninformed majority) or I’m going with wolf/sheep

Legitimately helpful and logical, bringing new information to the group. Towny post.

Understandable

Not understandable. I agree with advocating for his lynch from a town pov because he's an obstacle but I disagree with tunneling him. Tunneling isn’t AI, though, it just means you’re doing exactly what you’re accusing him of doing: being an obstacle for town. I’m gonna go ahead and mirror StarGunner by saying calm the fuck down, son.

OMGUS. If you were less experienced I'd scumread you for this but you know how WIFOM works so I’ll call this NAI

You respond to his point by reiterating the logic you established before, even though the point he made destroyed the logic in your earlier post. Either dense or scummy. You’re an experienced player who I’ve seen make good plays in FM, so I’m gonna say this is scummy.

Claiming cit d1 closes PoE for scum targeting TPRs. You know this. What you might not have considered is that it also opens the door for more d1 cit claims. Either that or you just legitimately claimed scum. Scummy as fuck.

+1 on Gray being towny. Breaking things down to pure logic and presenting that to the group is always towny and respectable imo

This statement:

is contradictory to this statement:

Because being defensive while being pushed is inherently trying to further your own position. Makes me think happymeal and martin are opposing alignments.

Spoiler : StarGunnerquotespam :

StarGunner is doing what I do as town in video mafia (where I’m currently new); a little bit of fluff to keep conversation moving and asking other people their opinions. Giving him a slight town read for now because it seems like he’s trying to contribute but doesn’t exactly know how.

Open to new lines of thinking and changes opinion based on newly acquired information. Also moving in a perpendicular direction in relation to the seemingly unhelpful one set forth by S-FM Magoroth. Towny as fuck.

Up to post #109 tl;dr UNRANKED BLOCK OF TOWNY VS SCUMMY SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Town
    Me
    Martin
    StarGunner
    Mag
    Graywhateverhisnameis

Scum
    Light
    Happymeal

NULL
    Kelli
    Auwt
    DM
    MM
    TCP
    Baker

I love this post, and not just because it's a wall. You bring up very good points here, especially about StarGunner: his play does look like a confused and trying to be helpful new townie's. Just one thing, though: Light isn't exactly known for his amazing logical play, so you may be putting too much weight into your read based on his skip vote. The rest is 100 % relatable; even though I do not necessarily agree with your conclusions on Happymeal, I can see where you're coming from, and you may actually be right, even though it's a bit early to tell. Your villager list is very good and stems from genuine scumhunting imo.

Putting Frostbyte ex aequo with Martin in my top villager reads.

17. ISO #317

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    This is great and all but this still lacks anything regarding me.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    Not everything is about you and you're null as fuck
    1: Lmao
    2: Good answer

18. ISO #318

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    If it’s such a shit game why did you sign up in the first place?
    The read on me didn’t make much sense to me and I wanted clarification not to mention it’s regarding Happy who you seem to SR.

You know what I’m done with you.

-vote FrostByte

PL Vote.
    -vote Dark Magician
    Counter policy lynch. Frostbyte has been tremendously more helpful in a single post than you've been in the whole game, and you're insulting him for appropriately answering you: you did absolutely nothing readable this game lol. You could very well be a wolf trying to discredit Frostbyte while he still doesn't have much villager credit because you foresee he's going to be a strong player this game, and either way, you're being anti-town and completely nonsensical when you call for a policy lynch against him.

19. ISO #319

Rofl

Wait, what? Elaborate.

Also, as you can see, posting does not detract me from reading (in fact, it does the exact opposite :P), but I won't hold it against you if you take that strategy while remaining active.
    Tbh it does not matter anymore. It seemed at first to me that TCP was staying in the shadows and trying to discredit without pushing any lynches but their later posts show them trying to solve. So.

20. ISO #320

21. ISO #321

22. ISO #322

23. ISO #323

The Light wagon is terrible. Wagonomics 101 says the train got kicked off too fast and there’s too many people voting him. Get off that fucking horrible wagon. Even saying its an information lynch, there’s virtually no information we can get from it because the main people involved in it are pushing an emotional appeal or are trolling.

Vote someone who has fewer votes or someone mindlessly sheeping.
    I kinda agree about Light, now that you say it...
    Like me. I’m voting TCP. Auwt is also a good option.
    ...but this is just so weird. Why TCP, why Auwt? It's like we missed a whole bunch of your reasoning. Please finish your thoughts in an explicit manner.

24. ISO #324

@Marshmallow Marshall what is your opinion of Auwt?
    Agreed. Being annoying is not a wolf tell. However, being intentionally annoying is dumb, since people will want to lynch you for it because they want to get rid of you to stop being annoyed.

Looking at Auwt's posts, I see nothing really alignment indicative, and since I often gave him free passes too early, I'm gonna put him in a "sort later" slot.
    I'm gonna keep Auwt for tomorrow unless something really interesting comes up.

25. ISO #325

If the way Light types confuses you, please use that also as a reason to also vote him, as well as the advocating for a day 1 no yeet. Typing like that is confusing especially for new players. And people that are intentionally being confusing are not helping the uninformed majority vote out the informed minority.

Voting Light Day 1 is never a bad option here.

I think I am gonna take Light and Mag never being partners here. It is either v/v or v/w but never w/w.

26. ISO #326

Alright, Everyone Duck. Because, Im About To Turn Left And I Dont Wanna Hit You. With My Dick..

-vote Marshmallow Marshall

Also, In Case You Missed It Ive Already Claimed My Role. Good Luck In Figuring That Part Out.
    Ha ha.
    While I wasn't particularly towny at this point of the game, I also wasn't particularly scummy, since I had done basically nothing. Placing a naked vote on me is therefore quite strange.

27. ISO #327

I think that Kelli is not as scummy as people are making her seem to be either. It's not unusual for players when they come into a new environment from my experience when people are joining VM to focus their reads on the people they know well, and I don't think it is as strange and wolfy as people are making it out to be that she would focus on a player she is familiar with. I also liked the timing of when Kelli gave a more concrete town read on Happymeal when he was giving his actual content, so I think that I would lean her to be towny.
    You may be a little quick on the town points, but the "teaming" between Kelli and Happymeal is probably just NAI, indeed.

28. ISO #328

29. ISO #329

30. ISO #330

31. ISO #331

For Marshall I don't think he has done anything towny so far. I thought when he entered the game it was kinda funny, but he hasn't really given me content to believe he is a villager.
    I have him as Null because of that
    Seems correct. TCP does nothing extraordinarily towny, but nothing scummy either; he only says relatively logical things, and sticks to that. Null read to keep an eye on.
    Yeah Normally And This Is Me Using Meta When He Does That Kinda Crap He Ends Up Being Scum. Hence Why I Have Him In The Informed Category.
    b u l l s h i t
    But meh, you're not the only one to say that, so I'm not going to hold it against you lol. I'd like you to reevaluate me based on what I posted recently, though.

32. ISO #332

Seems correct. TCP does nothing extraordinarily towny, but nothing scummy either; he only says relatively logical things, and sticks to that. Null read to keep an eye on.

b u l l s h i t
    But meh, you're not the only one to say that, so I'm not going to hold it against you lol. I'd like you to reevaluate me based on what I posted recently, though.
    It’s easy for wolves to do what TCP does, isn’t it? Just call out exactly what people are doing, maybe add a twist to it of your own and voilá. Your very own homemade read. Ready to be processed and served to unsuspecting villagers. Giving them unwanted bowel movements.

33. ISO #333

The issue I still have with TCP’s posts is that they seem really uncertain of most of their reads, and like Marshall said he could’ve been trying to discredit in that one post.
    Auwt is kind of in the same boat for me. Laying back, scumpainting.
    Those are pretty weak reasons in both cases. Both players are certainly not towny, but they also aren't scummy enough to warrant basically naked votes on them; yet you did place naked votes on them. Why? Did they look self-evidently wolfy to you? There's a level of confidence this involves that does not fit with what you're saying here.

34. ISO #334

It’s easy for wolves to do what TCP does, isn’t it? Just call out exactly what people are doing, maybe add a twist to it of your own and voilá. Your very own homemade read. Ready to be processed and served to unsuspecting villagers. Giving them unwanted bowel movements.
    Lol, correct. It's also absolutely possible for town to do, though. I've been playing on other FM sites over the ages, and his style reminds me a lot of a NAI style often encountered on Mafiascum. Perhaps he even played there at some point, idk, but either way, I don't think scumreading him for this style is fair, at least not on D1. If he still has no town tells on D2 and even more so on D3, then we should look into him much more closely.

35. ISO #335

Those are pretty weak reasons in both cases. Both players are certainly not towny, but they also aren't scummy enough to warrant basically naked votes on them; yet you did place naked votes on them. Why? Did they look self-evidently wolfy to you? There's a level of confidence this involves that does not fit with what you're saying here.
    I voted them before saying this :P
    And yeah, they did at first. I’m not interested in joining a lynch that seems so obviously to be a case of two people disliking each other and trolling/appealing to emotion. I doubt the push on Light is scum-driven, so my guess is that the scum are laying back and scumpainting away.

36. ISO #336

Lol, correct. It's also absolutely possible for town to do, though. I've been playing on other FM sites over the ages, and his style reminds me a lot of a NAI style often encountered on Mafiascum. Perhaps he even played there at some point, idk, but either way, I don't think scumreading him for this style is fair, at least not on D1. If he still has no town tells on D2 and even more so on D3, then we should look into him much more closely.
    Fair.

37. ISO #337

I voted them before saying this :P
    And yeah, they did at first. I’m not interested in joining a lynch that seems so obviously to be a case of two people disliking each other and trolling/appealing to emotion. I doubt the push on Light is scum-driven, so my guess is that the scum are laying back and scumpainting away.
    I disagree that Mag and Light are "trolling": they just have completely different ways to approach the game (and without wanting to be mean, there may be one with a better way than the other, and I'll let y'all realize which one it is lol). I agree with your conclusion about the interaction, though.
    That being said, I'm not sure how that relates to Auwt and TCP being self-evidently scummy to you early on. Perhaps I misunderstand your posts?

38. ISO #338

Anyway, I think I've had enough Mafia for now, so I'm going off. Quick list of reads:

Frostbyte
    Martin

Stargunner

S-FM Magoroth

NULL/KEEPING FOR LATER: Everyone not mentioned here

Greyswandir (slight scumread for a strange dissonance in confidence in cases vs strenght of cases, may change because im not sure i understood his posts well)

Dark Magician

39. ISO #339

Err, "town" here means "villager". This flavor is annoying xD

40. ISO #340

41. ISO #341

42. ISO #342

43. ISO #343

I don't think going for happymeal today is a good option.

RN I think he is probably my top town. It's not unusual from my experience for happymeal to joke around and pretend to be scummy at the beginning of the day. Evaluating his alignment from him "claiming" escort or villager is not going to give you a good read on his alignment. The thing of note so far is that Happymeal switched his attitude about the game and instead of playing around and pushing for "prs" he actually gave serious reads on the game, and had similar reads that I was thinking about on the state of the game, or had good reasoning to make me believe that he is evaluating the game as a villager.
    Whats with the excessive focus on happymeal?

44. ISO #344

I disagree that Mag and Light are "trolling": they just have completely different ways to approach the game (and without wanting to be mean, there may be one with a better way than the other, and I'll let y'all realize which one it is lol). I agree with your conclusion about the interaction, though.
    That being said, I'm not sure how that relates to Auwt and TCP being self-evidently scummy to you early on. Perhaps I misunderstand your posts?
    Are you suggesting someone voting to skip in their first post, and someone deathtunneling them for it, is anything other than trolling?

45. ISO #345

46. ISO #346

47. ISO #347

48. ISO #348

49. ISO #349

50. ISO #350

Anyway, I think I've had enough Mafia for now, so I'm going off. Quick list of reads:

Frostbyte
    Martin

Stargunner

S-FM Magoroth

NULL/KEEPING FOR LATER: Everyone not mentioned here

Greyswandir (slight scumread for a strange dissonance in confidence in cases vs strenght of cases, may change because im not sure i understood his posts well)

Dark Magician
    I’m just looking and those reads are just so fuckin fake.
    It’s like you grab everyone’s reads and flipped them.