Hagia Sophia
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Hagia Sophia

1. ISO #1

Hagia Sophia

Erdogan recently changed Hagia Sophia back to a mosque. Context: for 500 years approx., The Hagia Sophia was a very important church in Christianity. When the ottomans conquered Constantinople, they changed it to a mosque. When secularism swept through Turkey in the early 20th century, it was turned into a museum. Recently, Erdogan changed it back to a mosque as a middle finger to the EU for not letting Turkey join, and also to appeal to Turkish nationalism. Eastern Orthodoxy has not been happy about the decision.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? It's been all over Al Jazeera for a few days but the world seems a bit absorbed with COVID. Erdogan's stunt doesn't seem to be triggering the audience intended, so I guess I'll do my part xD.

P;edit for a 1000 years approx. It was Christian, actually. Just checked the Wikipedia page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Hagia Sophia

Ay, a good topic lol.

Erdogan literally held a referendum to give him power and people accepted. His government is based on nationalism, and that kind of spiteful nationalisitic move is fitting for his policies. I don't think he cares at all about Orthodoxs lol. It's not like Russia is going to invade Turkey because of it, anyway. I wonder if Erdogan wants to expand Turkey's influence in the world or if he wants to focus on developping his own country, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

5. ISO #5
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    As a person with a Roman fetish (I themed a FM based on the Roman Empire. Neutral was a Praetorian guard who were a type of Emperor (mayor) maker), Turkey are turd burglers.
    Nice

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    As a person with a Roman fetish (I themed a FM based on the Roman Empire. Neutral was a Praetorian guard who were a type of Emperor (mayor) maker), Turkey are turd burglers.
    Some people would just be happier if Hungary would finally eat that Turkey.

Love you @Hybrid

Is the cathedral actually considered as holy, though? Since it was messed with so much...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

7. ISO #7
    Ganelon

I’m technically Eastern Orthodox but I hate that religion (I know you’re not supposed to say that but w/e, hopefully nobody is orthodox here lol)
    even so, tbh, idk how to feel about it
    i don’t care about the action itself but the fact that it’s Erdogan doing it heavily implies he’s doing it to “cleanse the land of foreign influences”/“bring back God into the country”
    both of these things are reprehensible, but for different reasons

8. ISO #8
    Ganelon

I think Emperor Julian should’ve executed Christians as traitors and imposed the use of the Latin language in the Greek speaking parts /s

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11
    Ganelon

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Some people would just be happier if Hungary would finally eat that Turkey.

Love you @Hybrid

Is the cathedral actually considered as holy, though? Since it was messed with so much...
    this joke is terrible and you should feel bad, You Damn Troll!