[Approved Hidden Setup] The Death Threat Meeting (12p)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

The Death Threat Meeting (12p)

The Death Threat Meeting

A Hidden Setup

By: MartinGG99

ROLE LIST
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town
    Hidden Town

Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town
    Hidden Non-Town

Please note whenever the term "Elimination" is used here, it is referring to the day action that eliminates a player from the game through a voting process done by all living players. Players may refer to it with their own terms if they so wish.

Basic Mechanics

Days 48h / Nights 24h

Roles with night actions may PM ahead of time for night actions, before Night begins.

Eliminations end day, however night phases will only begin at the time as if there was no elimination during the day.

There is a Night 0, but kills cannot occur during this time.

Day 1 eliminations are allowed. Eliminations are Majority, requiring 51% of the vote. Eliminations also have Plurality, but are not mandatory.

PM’s are not allowed unless they are to the Host.

Upon death, the player’s role card (including alignment) will flip.

There are no Last Wills or Death Notes.

Actions may only be submitted up to the hour before night ends. Any actions submitted beyond that time will be ignored.

RULES

Anonymous accounts are allowed if you so wish. No hydras/archons/hybrids/etc though.

DO NOT quote any PM’s to or from me.

No cheating of any kind, I'm pretty sure you can figure out what that means; For example: No outside-of-game communication with other players with regards to the game.

Obviously, the forum rules apply here.

I reserve this color (#ae0b66) for host responses, messages, and/or posts. Avoid using colors similar to it. Messages will be remade in a spoiler, with a different (but unreserved) color if it is too difficult to read.Flavor posts (Ex: SoD, Start of Night, elimination flavor, etc) will not be remade in a different color unless requested to do so.

In the words of Helz: “Keep hostilities Slot directed. Not player directed” (No personal attacks please)

Role cards will be sent out at the beginning of Night 0. You must respond that you have received the role card before day 1 begins so I know you are aware of the game’s starting time and are aware of your role. Simply checking and responding to your acknowledgement of your role card PM is a quick and simple task; I do not expect there to be any excuses for this. As such, failure to reply to the PM by d1 will guarantee a forced replacement.

No invisible text what-so-ever.

10 notably contributing posts minimum per day. If I feel you have been too inactive, I may contact an FM moderator (Likely the one who reviewed the setup) who will be co-hosting. While I understand IRL things happen, subs are for the purpose of replacing people because of things like that. However, I won't replace on a whim, especially if it is in the foreseeable future that you will be able to dedicate more time to the game.

Spamming (we're talking like 250 or more posts a day here) will probably get you replaced or mod killed after I warn you. Once again, though, I'll probably contact an FM moderator who will be co-hosting.

Order Of Operations

1.Everything else

2.Kill-capable role actions (including any special abilities for those kill-capable roles)

3.Any investigative actions

All other information about this setup is hidden.

Last edited by MartinGG99; August 1st, 2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Change from "Lynch" to "Elimination"
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Re: The Death Threat Meeting (12p)

Quote Originally Posted by blinkskater View Post
    Will a players faction be revealed upon death?
    Well--I originally meant that. But that really wouldn't matter for any role except for one case. And in that one case it wouldn't matter much, So I'll update it to say that'll reveal alignments. Thanks for the observation!
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

10. ISO #10

Changing setup back to WIP. Thinking I may have to spend quite some time on this one before I get it right. ATM its a bit too unstable, so idk if it'll be abandoned in the future or not. But i'll keep trying.

It just may take awhile before I get a good collection of setup settings/info thats hidden while still preserving the original ideas I had for this, and some of the flavor.

EDIT: Actually the re-work took me quicker than I thought. Its technically ready for "review" again, but its not finished and has a few spots in it left open for some suggestion. But I think the new direction, while maintaining the bits of flavor, is much better. I won't update the first post here until it gets more finalized.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; July 19th, 2020 at 09:45 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    7v5 is hard. Town can lose majority so fast
    Sigh. I specificed "non-town" because that, as a word, include mutliple factions that may or may not be against each other as well as the town or maybe not against the town at all.

In the mod, there's the Cult, Mafia/Triad, Executioners, Neutral Killing, and more that can conflict with each other, and some (the benign neutrals unless Auditor audits self lol) can often win with town.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that "non-town" MUST be against the town.

Furthermore, please don't forget this is being reviewed by FM moderators (namely @Marshmallow Marshall ). I suggest you consider that if you're concerned about this being a bad setup.

Also keep in mind that this setup is WIP, player count and the count of Town vs Non-Town may change. (Actually, I just might make that hidden next time I update it)
    Last edited by MartinGG99; July 19th, 2020 at 11:02 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

I'm not making any of the suggestions you're implying

Game could be 7v1v1v1v1v1 thats still technically 7v5 for a FM game

Thats 12 players. In a 12 player game it takes 7 votes to lynch

No matter what those roles are, that doesnt seem balanced at all
    Well, do you have anything positive to say?

I understand you have concerns about the setup, but I can't really address all of them without revealing what the setup is.

Which is kind of frustrating. The only way I can address them is if you trust Marshmallow Marshall to ensure it is balanced as possible while being a unique setup.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Well, do you have anything positive to say?

I understand you have concerns about the setup, but I can't really address all of them without revealing what the setup is.

Which is kind of frustrating. The only way I can address them is if you trust Marshmallow Marshall to ensure it is balanced as possible while being a unique setup.
    Hey man, I'm just saying what I see as an observer. I cant say anything positive because its a hidden setup obviously. Don't take it personally
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho

17. ISO #17

Hey man, I'm just saying what I see as an observer. I cant say anything positive because its a hidden setup obviously. Don't take it personally
    Sorry. Normally I handle my emotions fairly well, but some times the first time im doing stuff I overthink things and become unnecessarily sensitive to things due to anxiety.

My last post was there so we could establish that as constructive criticism. I apologize if I offended you in any way during this.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Quote Originally Posted by secondpassing View Post
    Might I suggest forcing players to read their role card before the game begins?
    I LOVE hidden setups. This is highly anticipated.
    Well I'm not familiar with hosting on this site, but if I can then I would. I'm planning to co-host with Marshmallow Marshall once its finalized and fairly balanced as much as possible. I might need to fiddle with the player count a bit, but what I've been focusing on as of late is making sure the Non-Towns are not too unstable while maintaining the flavor that I would like to set up.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

21. ISO #21

SIGNIFICANT (Well, I guess its not super-significant since a lot of stuff was behind-the-scenes) update to the setup post.

Oh, and I do realize it has literally become 6 towns and non-towns, and I'm not going to comment on that.

Just trust me and MM that the setup is a lot better now! We even managed to mostly preserve the "flavored reasons" for this setup.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

Tiny update to the lynch/elimination mechanics. I had slight difficulty in understanding lynch/elimination mechanic terms (i.e. Majority and Plurality) initially because of my noob experience being on here then on MU. But now I have full understanding of what Plurality and Majority mean in terms of who gets killed by the votes, if any. It is now what I originally intended to mean or communicate.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; July 25th, 2020 at 07:38 PM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

24. ISO #24

Reviewed and approved by @Marshmallow Marshall .
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :