Diva can only copy roles at night with no additional abilities
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Diva can only copy roles at night with no additional abilities

-Mafia 20 Beta- (4) - Diva only has Copy button.SC2Replay

Started game as Diva (smokeysm). At night, I chose to copy another player's role, but I didn't see any way to use that player's abilities.

Did this four times, but I didn't see a way to use any learned role abilities. Not sure if bug or if this is working as intended.
    Last edited by Frinckles; April 23rd, 2020 at 07:15 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: Diva can only copy roles at night with no additional abilities

Diva doesn't copy abilities, just the role name of the target. To the Diva they still appear as Diva in their role card, but if the Diva is killed or lynched they will reveal to the other players as the role of the person they targetted.

N1 - Diva targets Sheriff
    D2 - Diva is lynched -> Diva's role is revealed as a Sheriff

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

If a Diva copies another player, but is killed the same night the copy does NOT take effect. The Diva will flip as Diva. This is assuming that it is the first visit of the Diva.

If a Diva visits a Sheriff N1, then visits a Doctor N3 and is killed the same night the Diva will flip Sheriff - don't quote me on this tho @Elixir or @Frinckles would be able to explain the role much better than me.
    Last edited by rumox; April 23rd, 2020 at 12:22 AM.

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    If a Diva copies another player, but is killed the same night the copy does NOT take effect. The Diva will flip as Diva. This is assuming that it is the first visit of the Diva.

If a Diva visits a Sheriff N1, then visits a Doctor N3 and is killed the same night the Diva will flip Sheriff - don't quote me on this tho @Elixir or @Frinckles would be able to explain the role much better than me.
    Not correct.
    Originally actress was going to be after kills on the OoO and last till the following night but before we went live we changed it for clarity.

Actress will now copy before kills so if she is killed the night she copies she will reveal as the role she copied. If she is lynched the following day she will appear as the role she copied. The copy is coded to clear back to actress at the beginning of the following night.

it’s a role meant to counter those people who just count the random slots and “figure” the role lost out and force a mass claim in the final 5. It is gy manipulation for the mafia. An actress shouldn’t be trying to needlessly die early but plan her grand show for the mid to late game which can cause town to mislynch if they’re just going on numbers alone. (Plus coroner can find actress so coroner is even stronger)
    Photobucket in 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    if you have elixir to contend with gl hf