User Tag List

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 59 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #401

2. ISO #402

Re: S-FM 350: Chaotic Executioner

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    Having said that, everyone is null for me

This is a super early read/feelings

EVERYONE-NULL-but i am already liking some people.

Buster-not scumlean, but currenly would like to see him flip. This view might change as he posts more and changes his 'tude to accepting more interaction.
    twice now that you feel exceedingly edgy in your opinions.

3. ISO #403

4. ISO #404

5. ISO #405

6. ISO #406

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    I can maybe see yoshida but why renegade or lol?
    Renegade’s reaction to being sussed on Day 1 felt like a townie response. If they were mafia, I doubt they would care and perhaps would just omgus or not even bring attention it. I think the fact that Buster’s reasoning or lack thereof for sussing Renegade and subsequently voting for him makes it a lot easier for me to see Renegade as town.
    ~If winning doesn't matter, then why do they keep score~

7. ISO #407

8. ISO #408

9. ISO #409

10. ISO #410

11. ISO #411

@Renegade do you have any thoughts currently? My vote was a joke but I don't really like your reaction to pressure (even though buster's reasoning isn't great) so far.
    My response was also a joke.

As for pressure, I wouldn't call Buster voting for me as pressure at all. There is literally no pressure to react to.

12. ISO #412

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew 39 View Post
    I know it’s already been decided and while I’m not a huge fan of alignment cops in games in general, I stand by my selection because sheriff is a role that can only have benefited town and was useless to mafia, so why anyone would have that strong an objection to sheriff doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
    There was no objection to sheriff. It was a solid vote, as I said in my recap. But it's easier to manipulate/fake than caroller is, and also less powerful (caroller can also be used to clear & incriminate both as 1 action)

13. ISO #413

14. ISO #414

15. ISO #415

16. ISO #416

17. ISO #417

Interesting, Ren actually sounds more like a jester to me since they’re trying pretty hard to be cagey.

Buster could be jester but he’s trying pretty hard to look town.

That kind of aggression generally is more likely to either come from tunnelly town or scum.
    I disagree with almost everything said here. I don't think ren is likely jester from this. I don't see how they're being particularly cagey either.

I don't see how jester does anything to look town.

Buster has yet to give any explanation, for all we know it could be a RVS vote. I don't think considering buster to be tunnelling is legitimate at this stage.

18. ISO #418

Interesting, Ren actually sounds more like a jester to me since they’re trying pretty hard to be cagey.

Buster could be jester but he’s trying pretty hard to look town.

That kind of aggression generally is more likely to either come from tunnelly town or scum.
    I don’t think Renegade is being cagey at all. Sounds like they’re just trying to understand why they are being scumread or sussed.

By saying “trying pretty hard to look town” are you saying you think it’s LAMIST or that he is successfully looking town?
    ~If winning doesn't matter, then why do they keep score~

19. ISO #419

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Actually that's kind of a good point, how is it better than no claim ?

Sorry if you said as much in your post, I must confessed I skimmed it
    The way I envisioned it, it would only cost everyone one post at the start of every day. A post that we wouldn't have to pay any attention to until they flip, and their role matches their claim, meaning we can note their results.

It's supposed to be kind of like everyone voluntarily leaving behind breadcrumbs for later to help obscure actual PRs to do so themselves.

I disagree with the take that it adds massive confusion to the game and I see "it's too much work for me" as an excuse not to do it. I find both mindsets obstructive, but Ill admit that the latter might just be a difference in playstyle. But still, this is a social deduction game, and there's work to be done.

20. ISO #420

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaria View Post
    It's not a hill that I plan to die on but what makes you so sure?

NAI tidbit, just finished my final final in college. It was my math final and Im p sure I just smoked it and got a 100%. I graduate on the 24th with two degrees hell yeah
    "so sure" is stronger wording than my belief actually is. I mostly just don't really see the merit of a jester play like this, so I'm less inclined to believe it's jester over just town.

21. ISO #421

Spoiler : auwt vote :
    Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    At the outset of the game, when there are a total of 13 players, the chances of any individual player being a townsperson are determined by the ratio of town players to the overall player count. In this case, with 8 town players, the initial probability of any player being a townsperson is 61.5%. This means that, statistically speaking, there is a slightly higher likelihood for a player to belong to the town faction.

However, as the game progresses and players are eliminated during the daytime, the ratio of town players to the remaining total players changes. If, for instance, one player gets eliminated during the day, the new ratio becomes 7 town players out of 12 total players.
    Consequently, the probability of an individual player being town-aligned decreases to 58.3%. This shift in probabilities reflects the fact that with one player eliminated, there is a relatively lower chance of any given player being on the town side.

Furthermore, the probabilities continue to evolve when nighttime actions, such as killings or other relevant events, take place. Let's say a player gets killed during the night phase, leaving 6 town players out of 11 remaining players. As a result, the likelihood of any individual player being a townsperson diminishes further to 54.5%.

One crucial aspect of this particular game, which sets it apart from an arcade or other forms of gameplay, is the availability of ample time to meticulously analyze and evaluate all the information being exchanged among the players. This extended duration allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the dynamics at play and affords the opportunity to adjust the probabilities associated with each player accordingly.

It is indeed refreshing to witness your recognition and understanding of the fact that different players may adopt distinct playstyles or strategies, and it is unnecessary to excessively dwell on such variations. By acknowledging this diversity and adapting one's analysis accordingly, a player can make more informed decisions and better assess the probabilities associated with each participant in the game.

-vote yoshida

I'm assuming this is RVS-y since I couldn't find any actual content in there

22. ISO #422

23. ISO #423

24. ISO #424

25. ISO #425

Whoever suggested sheriff is probably town though because I think mafia are probably super scared of that as a possibility (if in a town's hands, it certainly is a very powerful investigative), and since it wasn't really being talked about most mafia I think would feel like they could get away with just pushing for something else.
    Not THAT strong given there are witches and bus drivers, tho.

26. ISO #426

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianoVD View Post
    Can you explain why you think Buster is town and seemingly as strongly as you’ve implied?
    Don't see group scum posting the way he has and I'm not really inclined to believe he's jester based on how he's been playing, although jester certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility. So, that leads me to the conclusion that he's probably town. Unless he's chaos exe and renegade is a PR he's trying to get out. Either way I don't think he's mafia and thus not really a concern for me.

27. ISO #427

28. ISO #428

29. ISO #429

30. ISO #430

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    My response was also a joke.

As for pressure, I wouldn't call Buster voting for me as pressure at all. There is literally no pressure to react to.
    oh, it seems I was the one that had the joke fly over my head...

Well I suppose "pressure" may be too strong of a word, more the way you've responded to antagonistic content directed towards you hasn't seemed all that great. Nothing that makes me definitely think you're a wolf, but I would like to hear more of your thoughts.

31. ISO #431

32. ISO #432

33. ISO #433

34. ISO #434

The way I envisioned it, it would only cost everyone one post at the start of every day. A post that we wouldn't have to pay any attention to until they flip, and their role matches their claim, meaning we can note their results.

It's supposed to be kind of like everyone voluntarily leaving behind breadcrumbs for later to help obscure actual PRs to do so themselves.

I disagree with the take that it adds massive confusion to the game and I see "it's too much work for me" as an excuse not to do it. I find both mindsets obstructive, but Ill admit that the latter might just be a difference in playstyle. But still, this is a social deduction game, and there's work to be done.
    Oh oh yes, nvm it would allow everyone to make kinda-LWs

Mh that might be worth the trouble actually

35. ISO #435

36. ISO #436

Yeah well ghosting me THRICE and then susing me for "not engaging with you" or whatever was NOT okay and I hate(d?) you.
    I didn't sus you for not engaging with me though. I seem to remember things differently.

I do remember having missed your questions, and I was sorry about missing them. But also, hate is a really, really strong word, you know.

37. ISO #437

38. ISO #438

I didn't sus you for not engaging with me though. I seem to remember things differently.

I do remember having missed your questions, and I was sorry about missing them. But also, hate is a really, really strong word, you know.
    TBF I probably misremember.

And yes, I'm aware but very fond of my hyperboles, sorry.

39. ISO #439

40. ISO #440

TBF I probably misremember.

And yes, I'm aware but very fond of my hyperboles, sorry.
    It's okay, I'm not gonna blame you. I did have a lot of adrenaline during that whole neighborhood, but after Jesus died, I had to take a step back and look at what really was going on. Jesus was scum, and he was making a power wolf play by swapping his vote to you and keeping me alive, because I was the worse player.

I still accept some responsibility, though. He probably wouldn't have done that if I was any better of a player or if I wasn't trying to be funny. Or maybe it wouldn't have gotten as heated if I had caught your question sooner

41. ISO #441

42. ISO #442

It's okay, I'm not gonna blame you. I did have a lot of adrenaline during that whole neighborhood, but after Jesus died, I had to take a step back and look at what really was going on. Jesus was scum, and he was making a power wolf play by swapping his vote to you and keeping me alive, because I was the worse player.

I still accept some responsibility, though. He probably wouldn't have done that if I was any better of a player or if I wasn't trying to be funny. Or maybe it wouldn't have gotten as heated if I had caught your question sooner
    Nah it's ok, shit happens.

Can't actually expect all players to fully commit to a 50 people game anyway, and it's on me that I did

43. ISO #443

44. ISO #444

Nah it's ok, shit happens.

Can't actually expect all players to fully commit to a 50 people game anyway, and it's on me that I did
    Not that it makes anything better, but I spent a lot of time trying to learn from my mistakes in KRC. I think a part of that was me randing a vig role. I used to belong to a discord server where we'd play mostly short-form Town of Salem games. We started doing Long form games and I ended up having a really bad experience in my first time when I randed Vigilante. I used to rand Vig in short form games there quite a lot more than the other roles (we kept a spreadsheet with the role data) but that game was a very stressful experience. Anyways, Vig is my least favorite role and I cannot handle it well at all. I have developed a (bad) tendency to death tunnel day 1 every time I rand vig, because I feel that the sooner I no longer have a bullet, the closer I am to not having to deal with being a vig. That probably sounds like an excuse but it isn't, just an explanation

45. ISO #445

46. ISO #446

-vote yoshida
    there is my top scum read.

Their overly exhaustive style is a distraction. A way of saying a lot without saying anything.

Also I am not a huge fan of folks asking other people "what do you think?" it also comes across as an extremely basic way to appear towny without actually doing anything meaningful.

47. ISO #447

48. ISO #448

-vote yoshida

Their overly exhaustive style is a distraction. A way of saying a lot without saying anything.

Also I am not a huge fan of folks asking other people "what do you think?" it also comes across as an extremely basic way to appear towny without actually doing anything meaningful.
    If you mean questions like "What do you think about Gikkle" then yeah I agree with you but if you're talking about me asking people for thoughts on the crumb plan then I'd like to know why

49. ISO #449

50. ISO #450

-vote yoshida

tbh I was initially pinged by yoshida's posting style too but I ended up thinking his tone felt rather genuine day 1, although that's not the strongest read in the world

And do you mean asking for thoughts in of itself, or are you talking about when someone only asks questions and doesn't share any thoughts? Because I can agree the latter is a bad look, but not the former.