User Tag List

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

Re: S-FM 316 : The Fooling Party

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    UR.I.NAL.
    uwu
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinkstorteddd02 View Post
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

I don't see any town motivation in Frinckles play. Aside from maybe a very stretched performance trying to read reactions towards him, the fact he openly discussed his own scum-play and said that he was a try-hard (the complete opposite of what hes doing) struck as very scummy to me. I don't like when people try to twist their own meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesk514 View Post
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

4. ISO #204

5. ISO #205

I don't see any town motivation in Frinckles play. Aside from maybe a very stretched performance trying to read reactions towards him, the fact he openly discussed his own scum-play and said that he was a try-hard (the complete opposite of what hes doing) struck as very scummy to me. I don't like when people try to twist their own meta.
    What if I uh asked you where your motivation is?
    What would you say?

6. ISO #206

7. ISO #207

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    how is anything 'scripted' to you? mafia dont know their teammates and there was no N0
    It's the way he interacts with you, not the way you communicate with each other. I should have worded it better.
    1-I really and truly believe @Unknown1234 is town. He stuck by me when I needed him
    Wow, this game was really easy. I just had to talk dumb shit to survive some days more. :P
    If sheriff cleared you honestly I would take him out of my town core and put him as scum.

8. ISO #208

9. ISO #209

no friends dont vote friends friend
    Looking back at Frinckles' posts, this one sticks out to me the most. (it was on Unknown voting Martin)

What's the point here? Are you actually supporting Martin not getting a train, and if so, why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    What. You got me. Stop unvoting and stretch my neck, dammit.

10. ISO #210

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

13. ISO #213

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Looking back at Frinckles' posts, this one sticks out to me the most. (it was on Unknown voting Martin)

What's the point here? Are you actually supporting Martin not getting a train, and if so, why?
    (ignoring the fact that it was a joke)

martin doesn't strike me as scummy
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

14. ISO #214

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're serious about Helz's switcher strategy, then we shouldn't be too vocal about our townreads until day 2. We definitely shouldn't be trying to talk about towncores and stuff. Otherwise, we'll increase the chances we end up lynching a town-turned switcher on day 2 that we really liked.

I mean, you shouldn't be too vocal about townreads in general in mafia but I digress.
    naz, he's claiming to have been at your house last night and infected you. I know u were drunk but PLEASE try as hard as you can to remember... That burning you felt the next morning when you went pee was from me, not him.

15. ISO #215

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magician View Post
    What if I uh asked you where your motivation is?
    What would you say?
    Day 1 is probably one of the best days to lynch scum. As of right now there are no leads (real or fake) to go off of, and nothing clearing anyone. Frinckles and Martin have both came off as fishing for potential teammates to me and that's what I would expect scum to be doing.

16. ISO #216

17. ISO #217

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Although. Along that same line of thought.
    I do actually think it would be more likely for the old switcher to reveal as town.
    There is incentive for scum to reveal as well, but I feel that scum need to balance their own wincon as well.
    Obviously scum would be less and less willing to reveal the old switcher if their numbers dwindled.
    BTW, the Switcher can just claim their real previous role in an attempt to get the other person lynched after they died.
    Why would we at all believe this person?

"I used to be DH, so you should lynch the person who's claiming to have stolen my role"

Like, what evidence do they have to support this claim?

18. ISO #218

Maybe they're scum in real life.

19. ISO #219

4 Trolling / RVS vote
    * 10 Pushes against MattZed's Switcher plan calling it breaking.
    11 Claims to have not read the setup
    18 Pokes MartinGG99 for giving him fast town cred
    * 23 Says his reads list is now a friends list and Martin is his top Friend follwed by Naz
    30 Trolling
    34 Friends Unknown
    38 Banter
    * 42 States his D1 goal is making a friends list
    44 Friends Me
    52 Posts a friends list of Martin, Me and Naz (Unknowns Missing?)
    54 Clarifys adding Unknown
    68 Pokes Matts gambit as a potential BD soft
    71 Points to his previous post
    77 Votes Renegade
    78 Town reads Matt
    80 Calls out Renagade for lurking
    83 "Friends don’t vote friends friend"
    86 Points out Renagades meta is lurking when he gets TPR or scum role
    If it was that big of a deal he'd reveal. We have a BD anyway.
    101 Claims he is not the switcher and that his vote is scum hunting
    105 Talks about his meta
    107 Clever post on meta. NAI but I got a kick out of the Meta-Meta wordplay there
    113 Unvotes and 'sends friend request' to Renegade after Renagade sates Frinkles reasoning is genuine and he is reaction testing.
    117 States he will change his avatar
    * 120 Making friends = scum?
    126 Responds to Renegate pointing out that the majority of players will be on his friends list
    ** 135 Here he suggests that the reads list and friends list are separate things which is in contrast to his post 23 where he stated that his reads list was now a friends list.
    because my friends list is a list of friends
    and my reads list is a list of reads

and if you're asking if im putting wolves in boxes, then yes I am doing that but wolves can be friends too.
    He very specifically says that wolves can be friends too. This looks a lot to me like something a switcher would say given that he does not have a team yet.
    142 Points to his meta when I poke him

His post 10 was the first one of real note.
    stop trying to break the setup im not doing that for the next 48 hours
    I took 2 things from this.
    1- Pushing against breaking the setup does not generally come from a townie prespective. D1 town players naturally angle to snag every advantage they can get. I would expect pushing against that to be Scum sided AI.
    2- He very specifically says "I am not doing that for the next 48 hours." That is a very specific amount of time. This is in response to Matt suggesting the switcher should reveal who he switched with D2. This sounds very much like a switcher voicing that he will not act on the plan today, but may tomorrow. This statement is unnatural in that any other perspective would voice either for or against and not give a 'Not right now.' This looks very much like a switcher slip to me. I also noticed despite conversations continuing on the subject he never touches the conversation about the switcher again. I generally find Aversion more telling than interaction in some situations and this would be something I would expect from a neutral perspective.

His next post of note is post 23
    this setup is for making friends i think. so my reads list is now a friends list. Martin is my top friend read. Naz is second
    Here he voices his focus as making friends. He doubles down on that in his post 42.
    I'm making a friends list. That is what I'm accomplishing and at this rate, you're not gonna make it on the friends list :c
    This also speaks to the perspective of a switcher. A townie would want to hunt scum and scum would want to find their team mates but a switcher's focus is on staying alive and "Making friends." I will also note at that time the 2 players he voiced were MartinGG who gave some fast town cred on Frinckles and Naz who only popped in and said he didnt read the setup.

Then in post 92
    If it was that big of a deal he'd reveal. We have a BD anyway.
    He has a very real lack of concern for revealing TPR's. This also appears to come from a non-town mindset.

In post 120 he borderline points to himself as scum stating that making friends = scum.
    Mfw making friends = scum
    This looks like signaling to scum players. This is repeated more blatantly in post 135
    because my friends list is a list of friends
    and my reads list is a list of reads

and if you're asking if im putting wolves in boxes, then yes I am doing that but wolves can be friends too.
    This post screams "I am a neutral" by flat out saying wolves could potentially be friends. This fits in perfectly with the mindset the switcher would have knowing that tomorrow he will be either town or triad.

In a word I do believe Frinckles is not town and is very specifically our Switcher. My vote will stay here for now.

@Frinckles Care to confirm? If you allow yourself to be leashed I see no reason for you to be lynched.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we're serious about Helz's switcher strategy, then we shouldn't be too vocal about our townreads until day 2. We definitely shouldn't be trying to talk about towncores and stuff. Otherwise, we'll increase the chances we end up lynching a town-turned switcher on day 2 that we really liked.

I mean, you shouldn't be too vocal about townreads in general in mafia but I digress.
    That's actually a great point.
    You can also jump in my pocket, .

22. ISO #222

23. ISO #223

and what does that have to do with me
    That was a response to Martin, not you. Not sure what you're asking me since I've been clear with my thoughts on you.

24. ISO #224

Day 1 is probably one of the best days to lynch scum. As of right now there are no leads (real or fake) to go off of, and nothing clearing anyone. Frinckles and Martin have both came off as fishing for potential teammates to me and that's what I would expect scum to be doing.
    Is there anyone you currently like for a TR RN?

25. ISO #225

Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    Why would we at all believe this person?

"I used to be DH, so you should lynch the person who's claiming to have stolen my role"

Like, what evidence do they have to support this claim?
    If they were insistent enough about it, some people would.
    It could certainly trigger a check.

26. ISO #226

Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    4 Trolling / RVS vote
    * 23 Says his reads list is now a friends list and Martin is his top Friend follwed by Naz
    30 Trolling
    34 Friends Unknown
    38 Banter
    44 Friends Me
    77 Votes Renegade
    78 Town reads Matt
    105 Talks about his meta
    107 Clever post on meta. NAI but I got a kick out of the Meta-Meta wordplay there
    113 Unvotes and 'sends friend request' to Renegade after Renagade sates Frinkles reasoning is genuine and he is reaction testing.
    126 Responds to Renegate pointing out that the majority of players will be on his friends list
    ** 135 Here he suggests that the reads list and friends list are separate things which is in contrast to his post 23 where he stated that his reads list was now a friends list.
    He very specifically says that wolves can be friends too. This looks a lot to me like something a switcher would say given that he does not have a team yet.

His post 10 was the first one of real note. I took 2 things from this.
    1- Pushing against breaking the setup does not generally come from a townie prespective. D1 town players naturally angle to snag every advantage they can get. I would expect pushing against that to be Scum sided AI.
    2- He very specifically says "I am not doing that for the next 48 hours." That is a very specific amount of time. This is in response to Matt suggesting the switcher should reveal who he switched with D2. This sounds very much like a switcher voicing that he will not act on the plan today, but may tomorrow. This statement is unnatural in that any other perspective would voice either for or against and not give a 'Not right now.' This looks very much like a switcher slip to me. I also noticed despite conversations continuing on the subject he never touches the conversation about the switcher again. I generally find Aversion more telling than interaction in some situations and this would be something I would expect from a neutral perspective.

His next post of note is post 23 Here he voices his focus as making friends. He doubles down on that in his post 42. This also speaks to the perspective of a switcher. A townie would want to hunt scum and scum would want to find their team mates but a switcher's focus is on staying alive and "Making friends." I will also note at that time the 2 players he voiced were MartinGG who gave some fast town cred on Frinckles and Naz who only popped in and said he didnt read the setup.

Then in post 92 He has a very real lack of concern for revealing TPR's. This also appears to come from a non-town mindset.

In post 120 he borderline points to himself as scum stating that making friends = scum. This looks like signaling to scum players. This is repeated more blatantly in post 135
    This post screams "I am a neutral" by flat out saying wolves could potentially be friends. This fits in perfectly with the mindset the switcher would have knowing that tomorrow he will be either town or triad.

In a word I do believe Frinckles is not town and is very specifically our Switcher. My vote will stay here for now.

@Frinckles Care to confirm? If you allow yourself to be leashed I see no reason for you to be lynched.
    So you main focus RN is Switcher over Triad?

27. ISO #227

28. ISO #228

Is there anyone you currently like for a TR RN?
    I have suspicions on potential TR roles, but I'm not discussing them. I don't see in any way how that would help right now

29. ISO #229

30. ISO #230

If they were insistent enough about it, some people would.
    It could certainly trigger a check.
    I wouldn't check a person who claimed to be the one switcher, and neither should you.

(assuming we lynch their swap target and get a switcher flip)

C'mon now, don't make the switcher shy.

31. ISO #231

32. ISO #232

4 Trolling / RVS vote
    30 Trolling
    34 Friends Unknown
    38 Banter
    44 Friends Me
    77 Votes Renegade
    78 Town reads Matt
    105 Talks about his meta

His next post of note is post 23 Here he voices his focus as making friends. He doubles down on that in his post 42. This also speaks to the perspective of a switcher. A townie would want to hunt scum and scum would want to find their team mates but a switcher's focus is on staying alive and "Making friends." I will also note at that time the 2 players he voiced were MartinGG who gave some fast town cred on Frinckles and Naz who only popped in and said he didnt read the setup.

Then in post 92 He has a very real lack of concern for revealing TPR's. This also appears to come from a non-town mindset.

In post 120 he borderline points to himself as scum stating that making friends = scum. This looks like signaling to scum players. This is repeated more blatantly in post 135

Weren't you scumreading him for signalling to potential Triad teammates? Why would the switcher signal to the Triad when the Triads needs him dead?

Also, I don't see 'wolves can be friends too' as a signal to Triad (unless Frinckles is Triad himself).

33. ISO #233

34. ISO #234

Also, Unk's point about Frinckles calling out his own meta and then acting out against it seems like a weak point IMO.
    It's such a weak strategy for a scum that it's probably not a strategy at all.
    Can you explain why you think it's weak? I've seen scum do this in games that I've played in, (although that was a while ago, I don't expect it would change that fast). I also want to know why you're shutting out single points and not the rest of the argument on Frinckles.

35. ISO #235

For me it certainly is.

Scum hunting will be hard enough with the Triad not having an informed perspective. The switcher will make it even more difficult because alignments can change. We will literally need to scum hunt individually each day because your town read from the day before means nothing given their alignment could have changed.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

36. ISO #236

Weren't you scumreading him for signalling to potential Triad teammates? Why would the switcher signal to the Triad when the Triads needs him dead?

Also, I don't see 'wolves can be friends too' as a signal to Triad (unless Frinckles is Triad himself).
    Because if he is the switcher tomorrow he could be Triad. He does not know which team he will be on.

37. ISO #237

4 Trolling / RVS vote
    30 Trolling
    34 Friends Unknown
    38 Banter
    44 Friends Me
    77 Votes Renegade
    78 Town reads Matt
    105 Talks about his meta

uh no
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

38. ISO #238

Can you explain why you think it's weak? I've seen scum do this in games that I've played in, (although that was a while ago, I don't expect it would change that fast). I also want to know why you're shutting out single points and not the rest of the argument on Frinckles.
    It's such an obvious thing that people will definitely react to it.
    As for the last sentence. Probably because I'm lazy and don't feel like responding to the entire argument at large.

39. ISO #239

4 Trolling / RVS vote
    30 Trolling
    34 Friends Unknown
    38 Banter
    44 Friends Me
    77 Votes Renegade
    78 Town reads Matt
    105 Talks about his meta

okay I acknowledge opening a game with all this "be my fwiend" bs is naturally gonna lead to a lot of scummy statements but you're overselling it way too hard with this ISO lol

40. ISO #240

Gawd that was ugly formatting on my part.

I apologize for posting something that poorly structured. Getting ready to head out and just rushed it.

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

okay I acknowledge opening a game with all this "be my fwiend" bs is naturally gonna lead to a lot of scummy statements but you're overselling it way too hard with this ISO lol
    I know ppl reach in the early game to get the ball rolling but this looks a little inflated to look townier. If I rly cared about my Frinckles scumread this hard I'd find a way to slim it down and have more impact

43. ISO #243

Gawd that was ugly formatting on my part.

I apologize for posting something that poorly structured. Getting ready to head out and just rushed it.
    okay at least you acknowledge that lol

44. ISO #244

Uh I said TR not PR.
    Yeah that's my bad, I read it as "Town Random" and not "Town read".

To answer your question, I think Helz is my biggest town-read as of right now. He noticed the same potential signalling that Frinckles has been doing that nobody else seemed to care about. I also like how his answers in the switcher discussion. It came off to me when I was thinking about he wanted to weaponize the switcher, and I agree that there are quite a few situations where lynching the switcher isn't the best play.

MattZed leans town, but im holding off on that because aside from the beginning when he began the discussion on Switcher it's been more of a gut read. I could also see Renegade easily being town just from the way he interacted with his train/the counter train that started on Martin.

45. ISO #245

It's such an obvious thing that people will definitely react to it.
    As for the last sentence. Probably because I'm lazy and don't feel like responding to the entire argument at large.
    I feel like your argument here is exactly why someone would do it, lol. I understand about the laziness thing, but I'd atleast like to know if you still have a strong town-read on Frinckles and if so, why?

46. ISO #246

Yeah that's my bad, I read it as "Town Random" and not "Town read".

To answer your question, I think Helz is my biggest town-read as of right now. He noticed the same potential signalling that Frinckles has been doing that nobody else seemed to care about. I also like how his answers in the switcher discussion. It came off to me when I was thinking about he wanted to weaponize the switcher, and I agree that there are quite a few situations where lynching the switcher isn't the best play.

MattZed leans town, but im holding off on that because aside from the beginning when he began the discussion on Switcher it's been more of a gut read. I could also see Renegade easily being town just from the way he interacted with his train/the counter train that started on Martin.
    Could you give an example?
    And. Before anyone asks. No, this isn't me softing switcher.

47. ISO #247

I know ppl reach in the early game to get the ball rolling but this looks a little inflated to look townier. If I rly cared about my Frinckles scumread this hard I'd find a way to slim it down and have more impact
    I like this post a lot actually. Most people in-game have already said they won't read, and it would be easy for scum to make long posts in order to look town. I don't think that's the case here but I like where you're coming from with it.

48. ISO #248

I feel like your argument here is exactly why someone would do it, lol. I understand about the laziness thing, but I'd atleast like to know if you still have a strong town-read on Frinckles and if so, why?
    Hmmm well I suppose I should clarify that I don't townread or scumread that statement; I feel that it's NAI. If it was meant to be a WIFOMmy gambit to get townread or influence others, I would say it's failed in that regard.
    As for my read. I admittedly didn't notice Frinckles' potential signalling. So. No. My read isn't as strong as before.

49. ISO #249

Could you give an example?
    And. Before anyone asks. No, this isn't me softing switcher.
    I can give you one specific scenario where it comes into effect, but revealing that could be problematic. It's the reason I haven't mentioned it at all.

50. ISO #250

I know you are currently busy, but I would like to know what you think is the best lynch for day 1. Getting rid of the Switcher immediately, or getting a lynch on triad. Not questioning either but I'd like to know what your thoughts are.