S-FM 314: St Mildred's Horror - Page 6
Register

User Tag List

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

Re: S-FM 314: St Mildred's Horror

Quote Originally Posted by FrostByte View Post
    I noticed a distinct change in the grammar and spelling Mike displayed after I voted for him. Might indicate nervousness. The odds of lynching scum on d1 are pretty low, he knows that... I don't think he'd have gotten nervous if he were scum. I could be wrong though.

DM reminds me of people in sc2maf that go afk lmfao but a tiny amount of pressure caused him to go from roughly "I'm not interested in this game tbh" to posting 6 times in a row. Seems to indicate he lied about not being interested in the game for whatever reason. Slightly sus.

This came across as pretty genuine.

plus I'm a little stoned so I'm feeling good.

I'm happy to be playing FM again. I forgot how much fucking fun this game is.
    Mike's playstyle is highly unstable and hectic; this is even more true as scum. It's not out of his scumrange, like pretty much everything he did this game, so I'm keeping an healthy doubt about him, although I find him somewhat genuine.

Good point about DM. Could be that pressure gave him interest, though; that would be NAI.

~~

Glad you're there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #252

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    But Frenkles has you as lock town. So I can just be wrong unless you and frinkles are both teamed and he is working on pocketing me.
    So Frinckles is the holy book, good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

3. ISO #253

How well do you actually know him, though? People are generally very different irl compared to who they are on forums, and even more different in FM.
    That's what I call "reading doesn't work".
    I agree with plan C.

Even if game is already over, I am still agree, why not?

4. ISO #254

Quote Originally Posted by Zedus View Post
    That's what I call "reading doesn't work".
    Can you please elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean.
    FMX: fm Kevinpowers - Citizen (WIN)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    I will go ahead and fuck this cat
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Heavy Handed View Post
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

5. ISO #255

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    D1 reads are not random at all, and they provide critical info later on.
    I have seen a lot of d1 misslynches at this forum (lol, every game started with d1 misslynch), but I never seen it provides something useful for town.
    Even after scum hammered d1.
    It requieres 2-3 hammers in a row for ppl to stop their shamanic reading attempts and start to see some obvious things.
    I agree with plan C.

6. ISO #256

Can you please elaborate on this? I'm not sure what you mean.
    Well, you will maybe have some problems understanding me, I am not english speaker, I am russian.

Almost everyone at this forum is member of reading cult (except me and maybe a few more players). Everyone think, that there is some shamanic way to find scum, based not on his mechanics, actions and votes, but on some kind of "feelings" and other shit. As result, absolute majority or forum games ends with the vicrory of scums, because this kind of "reading" works worse then simple guessing or flipping a coin.
    I agree with plan C.

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Mike - Lock Town
    Frost - Lock Town
    DM - Extremely Town entrance
    MM - Sure why the hell not

Martin/Zedus - Borderline on these two, probably town or third mafia here
    Auwt/Gyrlander - Bad guys awkward interactions that make no sense when they even attempt to

gg ill be back later. dont worry about being lynched, we're all monks bro

And no explainaitions at all, lol.

Mike - Lock Town
    He doing the same shit as always. Same as then he was solo scum. "Lock town" for what? Any reasoning?

DM - Extremely Town entrance
    Like... His entrance in every game before? Hm... Logic.

Martin/Zedus - Borderline on these two, probably town or third mafia here
    Wow, Sherlock, explain that maybe? I playing as always too, 100% nothing special in it.

I dissapointed.
    I agree with plan C.

8. ISO #258

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Why would a scum look at my post count on their 2nd post?
    For some ppl posts like #1000 or #5000 is like anniversary post. So I noticed that, that's comes from out-of-game relations. NAI how would MM say. If I were scum, why shouldn't I not notice that?
    I agree with plan C.

9. ISO #259

IMO that's a player who doesn't seem interested in getting settled into the thread, as some would say.
    Not realy. I am interested in this game (lol, why should I sign if I am not?). But
    1. I had hard time yesterday and cannot participate.
    2. Then I come, I have seen only 3 pages of text... I expected 10-15. It surprised me a little. Like, well, now I am ready for reading all of this... what? It's like nothing to read here!
    I agree with plan C.

10. ISO #260

Well, main thing I noticed is that Frinckles plays much more agressive then always. Never seen something like "are you drunk" from him before.
    Does that means something? Maybe he have bad days IRL
    I agree with plan C.

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

Well, you will maybe have some problems understanding me, I am not english speaker, I am russian.
    Nah man your English is just fine. I respect anyone who learns a second language at all, most Americans I know don't do this lol

Almost everyone at this forum is member of reading cult (except me and maybe a few more players). Everyone think, that there is some shamanic way to find scum, based not on his mechanics, actions and votes, but on some kind of "feelings" and other shit. As result, absolute majority or forum games ends with the vicrory of scums, because this kind of "reading" works worse then simple guessing or flipping a coin.

Btw, what's the point of lynching someone here d1 if scums have no tools to kill?

Looks like I am talking for myself here. I will come later, then others will wake up.
    This seems logical to me.

I wanna know what everyone else thinks about not lynching d1.
    yeah I'm not gonna sit around here analyzing the fucking particle fluctuations in the quantum foam or whatever the fuck trying to find shit on D1

13. ISO #263

-vote Marshmallow Marshall

Vote will go here for now.
    Why ? Prior reason, being townread D1, and he's usually pushing way more as town, wanting to see the usual big ISO post : )
    Might be a shitty rofl arguments, but pretty sure there's something to dig out right here.
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post

Why ? Prior reason, being townread D1, and he's usually pushing way more as town, wanting to see the usual big ISO post : )
    Might be a shitty rofl arguments, but pretty sure there's something to dig out right here.

What's your reasoning for wanting to lynch day 1? Do you think this is a good move for town?

16. ISO #266

Nah man your English is just fine. I respect anyone who learns a second language at all, most Americans I know don't do this lol

And don’t give me shit that I am giving the scum ideas.they already have them players here are not stupid. I am giving Town the info to battle them.

It is not off the table. I believe Zedus to be lock town also Zedus is playing his reads are bad and it feels genuine. No pressure on him when he posted all of that. There is no reason to make all those posts if he was scum. It brings light to him.

I am like ing frost a lot more
    Top town is
    Mike
    Martin
    Zedus
    Freckles
    Frost

Possible MM but not as strong as the others.

I am ok with a lynch on the other 3

Remember one thing also Day 1 is our only clean day with no Blackmailing.

Scum may not be able to kill at night but we have noting to go off of in the night.

So what does skipping give us in feedback.

They can pick to check someone and fake a blackmail.

Skipping does not give town any extr feedback but gives the scum and extra day to check.

Also if the do black mail someone if they fail they die and get there night kill.

After day 1 it is going to be hard to get honest reads on players.

Remember our PR is not a cop best thing he can do is block a blackmail if he picks the same person the scum do. So if I was scum I would not black mail but check who I think is a PR and day 2 1 they killed the PR or 2 know 100% who is not a PR and be able to help set up a mislynch.

People this setup scum have alll the info have all the power all they have to do is lead the lynched to town.
    Do Not open this spoiler under any condition!!!!!!!
    Spoiler : :
    WHY CANT YOU FOLLOW SIMPLE DIRECTIONS?
    YOU HAVE JUST CAUSED THE END OF ALL MANKIND!!!!!!

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

17. ISO #267

It is not off the table. I believe Zedus to be lock town also Zedus is playing his reads are bad and it feels genuine. No pressure on him when he posted all of that. There is no reason to make all those posts if he was scum. It brings light to him.

I am like ing frost a lot more
    Top town is
    Mike
    Martin
    Zedus
    Freckles
    Frost

Possible MM but not as strong as the others.

I am ok with a lynch on the other 3

Remember one thing also Day 1 is our only clean day with no Blackmailing.

Scum may not be able to kill at night but we have noting to go off of in the night.

They can pick to check someone and fake a blackmail.

Skipping does not give town any extr feedback but gives the scum and extra day to check.

Also if the do black mail someone if they fail they die and get there night kill.

After day 1 it is going to be hard to get honest reads on players.

Remember our PR is not a cop best thing he can do is block a blackmail if he picks the same person the scum do. So if I was scum I would not black mail but check who I think is a PR and day 2 1 they killed the PR or 2 know 100% who is not a PR and be able to help set up a mislynch.

People this setup scum have alll the info have all the power all they have to do is lead the lynched to town.
    This part was not in the quote it bugged up

It was part of what I was posting

And don’t give me shit that I am giving the scum ideas.they already have them players here are not stupid. I am giving Town the info to battle them.

<a href=https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic27614_1.gif target=_blank>https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/signat...pic27614_1.gif</a>

18. ISO #268

Mike's playstyle is highly unstable and hectic; this is even more true as scum. It's not out of his scumrange, like pretty much everything he did this game, so I'm keeping an healthy doubt about him, although I find him somewhat genuine.

Good point about DM. Could be that pressure gave him interest, though; that would be NAI.

~~

Glad you're there lol
    This is so true.

19. ISO #269

I believe Zedus to be lock town also Zedus is playing his reads are bad and it feels genuine.
    ALL reads are bad.

It give us no misslynch.
    There is no way scums can kill (except killing Exorcist).
    So the only way scums can kill monks is our misslynches.
    Also Exorcist is not realy useful role at all, he have no way to find demons, and his protection gives no info too:
    Neither you nor the player who was blackmailed will be informed if a protection is successful (they will not receive the Blackmailer's message).
    So exorcist cannot find demons, and cannot confirm monk (by, for example, succesful protection on him). If he dies, we losing nothing.

To be honest, skipping lynching here is strat, making town never lose. Ye, I know it's boring, but there is really no way to find scums at all without night kills.
    I agree with plan C.

20. ISO #270

I mean, then we have kill, we will try to think "why scums targeted him"
    But in this game we will just have no info at all, except some blackmailed one will someway inform us about it (but he mechanically can't).
    I agree with plan C.

21. ISO #271

What's your reasoning for wanting to lynch day 1? Do you think this is a good move for town?
    I mean the game gives a chance to collect info on everyone aka D1.
    I'm just voting the one(s) I find the most scummy.
    Leading to a lynch, or not, well that's something else to debate.

We should rather act quite early to prevent any blackmail opposition.
    Obviously we could talk for ages, but better take action when YOU CAN take action.

22. ISO #272

MM is scared of me I think.

Here’s the proper format BTW.

23. ISO #273

24. ISO #274

My hypothesis:

Scum Mike started his common jester/troll nonsence with senseless agression on me:

Thunderdome between me and Zedus
    -vote Zedus
    I am the chosen one the monks have chosen me to fight the evil the demons bring.
    Zedus are you a demon?
    MartinGG99 Demon
    Marshmallow Marshall Monk
    Zedus Demon
    Dark Magician Monk
    Gyrlander Monk
    Frinckles Monk
    FrostByte Monk
    Auwt Monk
    Mike Monk Aligned the chosen one.

GG. That was easy.

After that his scum ally told him "WTF are you doing, stop it!" and he listened for him and totally changed his playstyle.
    If I am right, his ally somethere in MM/Frinckles/Martin pool.

Or Mike is troll, just as usual.
    I agree with plan C.

25. ISO #275

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

who the fuck started this stupid trend? stop calling things NAI. everyone says things for a reason, it's our job to figure out why.
    Man, is that you? Why are you so angry? It that real Frinckles we know?
    I agree with plan C.

28. ISO #278

29. ISO #279

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

32. ISO #282

Ah well. Can I still ask you for your reasons on those two reads? And outside of this basic question...

- why would you explictely state a PR read?
    - what's the point of saying Mike is either monk, exorcist or scum when those are literally the only roles in the game?
    - your vote isn't even valid lol

I see only red flags and no green ones here.
    -vote Dark Magician
    1. He has done this before in Spirits II, I believe. And you were in that game so that point is moot imo.
    2. This kinda feeds into #1
    3. This has nothing to do with DM's alignment

"I see only red flags and no green ones here."

Really?

Looks a like forced vote from them imo, and that was 28 hours after the game began.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #283

DM reminds me of people in sc2maf that go afk lmfao but a tiny amount of pressure caused him to go from roughly "I'm not interested in this game tbh" to posting 6 times in a row. Seems to indicate he lied about not being interested in the game for whatever reason. Slightly sus.
    I suppose there are multiple views to take on that, but to me there's no reason for a scum to lie about that.

Also comparatively speaking to some games having 6 posts in a row is indicative of little interest.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

34. ISO #284

Fair, but that doesn't make your entrance extremely towny, does it?
    Why are you arguing with DM about whether his entrance was extremely towny? Frinckles brought that up with his reads list, not yours.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

35. ISO #285

Why is 6 posts in a row indicative of interest

that's nothing compared to amount of posts per day in the other off-site game that I have going on (which I won't be discussing further)
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

36. ISO #286

So Frinckles is the holy book, good to know.
    To be fair there is a 7/9 chance that Frinckles is town......If he needs to town-core 3 other people at random then that's...

7/9 (Frinckles himself) x 7/9 x 7/9 x 7/9 = 36.5% chance of town just straight-up mechanically winning with RNG preety much.

If you have any faith in the 77.8% chance that Frinckles himself is town alone then you should mostly trust him imo.

If you read my (failed) hosted game, he almost effectively called out all 3 mafia in a 13-player game on n1......even when there were mechanics in place for the mafia to be distanced from each other
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

37. ISO #287

For some ppl posts like #1000 or #5000 is like anniversary post. So I noticed that, that's comes from out-of-game relations. NAI how would MM say. If I were scum, why shouldn't I not notice that?
    Because scum wouldn't have the mind set toooo.......?

I just think its more likely to be Towny AI then it is NAI or Scummy AI.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

38. ISO #288

39. ISO #289

I wanna know how do you imagine doing that when there's plurality + only a few hours left till EoD.

Otherwise fine I guess.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

40. ISO #290

Because scum wouldn't have the mind set toooo.......?
    It's not "scum" or "town" mind set. It's my personal mind set. I have seen the reason to say gratz to you, that's all.
    I agree with plan C.

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

I wanna know how do you imagine doing that when there's plurality + only a few hours left till EoD.

Otherwise fine I guess.
    Plurality... So this goes to "MM dies"...

I am not sure that is good idea. But voting for someone else is bad idea too.

Kind of zugzwang.
    I agree with plan C.

43. ISO #293

44. ISO #294

This post gave me a seizure.

Might as well go play Solitaire if playing this game is all about rng lol.

Thank you Anonymous Donor

45. ISO #295

I was about to suggest this. I recommend not lynching as well. I don't feel good about any lynch, specially the person which appears to be the main train (MM).

46. ISO #296

To be fair there is a 7/9 chance that Frinckles is town......If he needs to town-core 3 other people at random then that's...

7/9 (Frinckles himself) x 7/9 x 7/9 x 7/9 = 36.5% chance of town just straight-up mechanically winning with RNG preety much.

If you have any faith in the 77.8% chance that Frinckles himself is town alone then you should mostly trust him imo.

If you read my (failed) hosted game, he almost effectively called out all 3 mafia in a 13-player game on n1......even when there were mechanics in place for the mafia to be distanced from each other
    He scumreads me every game so I'd take his read on me with a grain of salt.

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrlander View Post
    This post gave me a seizure.

Might as well go play Solitaire if playing this game is all about rng lol.
    This game is all about mechanics, actions and votes. Absolute majority of "reads" I've seen here is shit. Like 99% maybe. And 1% is just a lucky guessings.
    I agree with plan C.

49. ISO #299

50. ISO #300

Well, I will explain some things before I go to sleep.

There is 2 types of "reading" you doing now:

1. X says Y. I were scum/town I would say Y, so X is scum/town.

2. X says Y. In previous game X did the same thing and he was scum/town. So he is scum/town now.

Both of this "readings" doesn't work.

1. People are different. Something "scum-like" for you is not the same for others. Trying to use this method of "reading" you reading yourself, not the others. Good example is Martin's suggestion on me that I am town because I noticed his post #1000. If I were scum, what will make me not notice that? Nothing.
    2. Another bad idea. For example, I always play the same way, doesn't matter what alignment I have. So this "reading" even worse, making you stack in the past.

What we can realy use for "readings"?
    Mechanics, actions and votes.

Mechanics is more important at the game start. What scum team will do this night? 2 ways.
    1. Blackmail someone.
    2. Check someone for being Exorcist.

Way 1. Someone will play different way d2 after being blackmailed. For example, I suddenly start "shamanic reading" or I will say "I was wrong about Mike being suspicious" or some other shit. Well, this examples are realy rude, I think, scums will act more flexible. So we can think "looks like this man is blackmailed". Or we will not. Also scums CAN (!) try to fake being blackmailed. That's why town players MUST NOT FAKE BEING BLACKMAILED FOR ANY REASON.

To protect someone from being blackmailed with 100% chance we can use the same strategy as in anti-vaxers game: public control on Exorcist. But we need trusted person to do that. We have no such person.

If someone will be blackmailed, he cannot say that, but he know that and he can start suspect someone fake-blackmailed one. So blackmailing give some weak info for town.

Way 2. Scums check someone for being exorcist (with kill possibility) and they probably WILL fake blacmailing. In Russia we calling that "kill two hares", you telling "two birds with one stone": they will get info (that's mechanicaly 100% info about someone is exorcist or not), MAYBE get kill and MAYBE get some town credit by faking blackmail.

I think, scums will go way 2. Way 1 gives them nothing for now. Blackmail someone to get important vote in late game is good idea, blackmailing n1 gives nothing at all. What can they do? Make me tell some shit, for example, or, maybe, vote DM or Gyr? That's useless. Blackmailing at this phase give more value for monks then for demons.

So, they will check someone and one of them will fake being blackmailed.

But after I said that, will they still fake being blackmailed? Or will they waste their turn on useless blackmail someone? How do you think?

I will suspect everyone who will act like "blackmailed" tomorrow. Scums, do you have balls to fake it?
    I agree with plan C.