Counting tellers. (town Role)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Lightbulb Counting tellers. (town Role)

Forensic Psychologist (town role)
    Basic/power.
    They have the ability to see how did the player feel when lynching at night.
    they check 1 person not the whole group who voted guilty and he can pick who.

What do they do:
    They basically just look into people who voted guilty and see if they felt guilty for lynching the person.
    basically this is to tell whos evil and whos not off the people who voted guilty during trial.
    since town seeks for justice they will apear guilty when they voted against a town or good player. the Forensic Psychologist, will see this and know that the person who felt guilty is town/good.
    In order to see if the person felt guilty or not the person who was lynched must be town and he must be lynched not put on trial.
    for example:
    an investigator votes guilty against a towny then the Forensic Psychologist is able to inspect at night if he felt guilty or not.

the only evil people who wont feel guilty at all when they voted against town are mafia, serial killer, arsonist, survivor, jester, amnesiac(dosent know wtf hes doing), witch and cult.
    the executioner should feel guilty because he only wants to see the person he wants lynched lynched not anyone else.

any sugestions to this topic? maybe something I should change?
    the basic idea stays the same by the way.

Please tell me what you think.
    Last edited by uroyoan; May 7th, 2012 at 02:20 PM. Reason: making it a bit more clear. also changing name

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Re: Counting tellers. (town Role)

Quote Originally Posted by JSaint View Post
    I think town should feel guilty for lynching innocents and Mafia should not feel guilty. Considering how often u meet fail towns, this might balance it abit. Also, statistically mass number of towns bandwagoning, this would help hide the mafia
    I like this direction but it's still too powerful if it can clear everyone

There should be a limit on number of people he visits

12. ISO #12

Hmm... One investigation per night after a lynch actually sounds ok...

After all, different people vote everyday. And if there's no lynch, he's gonna be rather useless.

We could further limit the number of visitations he gets per game like a vigilante/jailor, but I don't really find that necessary because of the number of people dying everyday. 2 per day if the mafia and serial killer target town, 1 more ocassionally from a random lynch, and 1 from a failor. I really don't think he could last very long.

As much as he can gather the innocent townies together like a manson leader, he needs to find them, and to convince people to trust him.

But as usual, after debates on paper, this actually has to be tried out. Paper discussions will help iron out anything people see from experience, but when we do try it out, lots of things might still happen.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15
    Unknown User

Quote Originally Posted by uroyoan View Post
    no your just told if they felt guilty or not. so basically all who dint feel guilty are good. even is there was no lynching only trial the counting teller will know the truth.

When I read this topic the first time, I thought the check would be

Feels guilty when: Votes guilty on their own team.
    Doesn't feel guilty when: Votes guilty on an opposing team.

16. ISO #16

no its more like this.
    feels guilty when: town goes and lynches a towny so they feel guilty because they seek for justice while mafia wount feel anything because they want town to loose. same with the serial killer and the arsonist just wants to see the world burn so he wount care i also think survivor shount care since hes sides with anyone.

edit:
    made the post a bit more clear now
    Last edited by uroyoan; May 7th, 2012 at 09:23 AM.

17. ISO #17
    Unknown User

no its more like this.
    feels guilty when: town goes and lynches a towny so they feel guilty because they seek for justice while mafia wount feel anything because they want town to loose. same with the serial killer and the arsonist just wants to see the world burn so he wount care i also think survivor shount care since hes sides with anyone.
    Agree with survivor. Since it is a neutral, it shouldn't feel guilty.

18. ISO #18
    Unknown User

Does he only target one person every night?

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

LOLwut is a "Counting Teller"? The name itself has already turned me off to the role, since it's not a remotely attractive name. Is that even correct grammar?... The Correct term for the role you've just described would be a Forensic Psychologist. Psychologists exist in Final Mafia actually. They can turn Serial Killers into Citizens at night and can convert other "Insane" Neutrals (Like Jesters) to Citizens. So before you attempt to defend your suggestion, change the name for the love of Jesus Christ.

Anywho, what you've just described is an Sheriff. Exactly a Sheriff. However, he requires a lynch to do anything. Not really sure how it could be a productive role to the Town that they don't already have.

Unique Roles Anybody?
    Last edited by TheSage; May 7th, 2012 at 12:50 PM.

21. ISO #21

sorry dude i dint know what name to give it i was still open to sugestions i even asked some friends of mine we dint know thank you atleast for giving me a correct name for it. thanks for giving me your feedback atleast on how mutch you like or dislike it. maybe next time i could ask you for a suggestion to a name for an idea i have?

22. ISO #22
    Unknown User

sorry dude i dint know what name to give it i was still open to sugestions i even asked some friends of mine we dint know thank you atleast for giving me a correct name for it. thanks for giving me your feedback atleast on how mutch you like or dislike it. maybe next time i could ask you for a suggestion to a name for an idea i have?
    Don't worry about him man, he is taking this way too seriously.
    However, he did have a point. It is an underpowered sheriff.
    Maybe, after someone is lynch it will reveal information like this:
    If 5 people voted guilty, you would receive information such as "Three voters felt remorse"
    That way, you know that 3 of those 5 are town, but you don't know which ones?
    After a while, you could probably put some information together.
    Also, if only 1 person voted, you know what team he belongs to.

Just throwing ideas around.

23. ISO #23