Infected
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do your like the idea of the infected?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 73.33%
  • No

4 26.67%

Thread: Infected

1. ISO #1

Post Infected

INFECTED

UNKNOWN
    EVIL - ADVANCED

You are no longer apart of the living. Your are reborn to endulge on the flesh of the living.
    The infected role is not a killing role. It is a reliving role. Unlike all other roles on the game. Designed to help you revenge on the enemies which took your life.

ABILTIES

Each night you can select one player to become infected. (You cannot target roles who are already the Infected). If that player gets targetted for murder, he will be reborn, before the night ends as the Infected. Players will not know they have been infected until they die. Players who are lynched will not become infected.

SPECIAL ABILITIES
    You cannot be controlled by Witch.
    You cannot be recruited by the mason or the cult.

Passive abilities:
    Infected cannot vote. Default On/Off
    Infected are silenced through the day. Default On/Off
    You can only infect one person. Default On/Off

Goal: Survive until the end. Infect as many players as possible.

If you are investigated by any roles, you will show up as what you previously was before you died. For example, if you previously was a doctor, it would come up with "Your player has knives" if he was investigated.

Win Conditions
    Win if all killing roles have been eliminated, and there are more infected then any other alignment.
    Win if all players are infected

I have played mafia since it very started on SC2, I have had my idea on this for a while, but I have finally come out and said it. I would like to think it could be capable of being in the game. I have thoroughly thought it through, but will be willing to take any advise to what could be changed.
    Last edited by Infected; February 16th, 2012 at 12:46 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Re: Infected

I was just thinking about zombies the other day for this lol!

So you win by infecting people (and they are reborn as infected, but what happens when someone is shot or lynched after being infected? they come back to life? if so, whenever you lynch someone and they are still alive the next day you know they are a zombie?)

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

So, if say, an Vigilante shoots someone who is infected, get "reborn," do they appear as having night immunity to the Vigilante? If so, what happens if they get attacked again? Do they die and appear as "Infection?"
    I would love to see a role like this come into affect.
    Also, does each infected person get to infect 1 other person and they can't infect again? If so, does that mean if I were to infect someone, they die at night, become reborn, then get killed by whatever means, does that mean the Infection stops with me being the only member of the Infection?
    I ask a lot of question because I like this role a lot, sorry. xD Would definitely love to see it replace Cultist.
    Not to say I don't like the idea of the Cultist role, just that I hate when like I get Mayor or Jailor, a role that can make or break town, and I get all worked up on the idea of being pro, and I get converted to Cult n1.
    Also, do infected get a night chat? xD

7. ISO #7

I am glad that all your views are the same as mine! My idea is that you can infect as many as you want. Once your infected you will die again, that is you dead forever. Roles like doctor cannot protect infected. Like the arson, you choose someone for infection that night, and it last or the entire game, so for example in one night, many people could become infected at once. People who are lynched cannot become infected.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Infected; February 16th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I'm just curious how it would play out...ok so a person is killed at night and is now 'infected'.....the person is still alive right? Be now one knows their infected....what are these 'infected's new goal?

I'm guessing the role Infected surviving til the end gets points based on the number of infected he made...BUT...what if there are 4 ppl left...the infector and 3 infected? is it a team? or are the infected tstill free minded?

Just how does this go with the flow of mafia?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

10. ISO #10

Ok so let me get this straight.
    Regular person + infected that night = dies next day and becomes infected.
    Regular person + infected that night + lynched next day = dead
    Regular person + infected that night + shot that night = dead

OR

Regular person + infected that night = nothing abnormal next day
    Regular person + infected that night + end of day and new night starts = still normal until killed? or dies and becomes infected?
    Regular person + infected that night + shot that night = undead
    Regular person + infected that night + lynched = reborn as undead or dead?

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Gat View Post
    I thought DR couldn't add any more stuff to the game because of the SC2 script limit. Has this changed?
    It has not changed as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Look what you have caused. Seems like everyone who posted is now confused about their own gender and are venting their frustration into opinions.

13. ISO #13

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Ok so let me get this straight.
    Regular person + infected that night = dies next day and becomes infected.
    Regular person + infected that night + lynched next day = dead
    Regular person + infected that night + shot that night = dead

OR

Regular person + infected that night + end of day and new night starts = still normal until killed? or dies and becomes infected?
    Regular person + infected that night + shot that night = undead
    Regular person + infected that night + lynched = reborn as undead or dead?
    From what I understand its like this.
    Regular person + infected any night + shot at night = undead.
    Regular person + infected any night + lynch = dead for good.
    Also,
    Regular person + infected that night + end of day and new night starts = still normal until killed.

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by creedkingsx View Post
    Also,
    Regular person + infected that night + end of day and new night starts = still normal until killed.
    That sounds cool. Very cool indeed.
    I hope this is the right interpretation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusco View Post
    Dirty fucking swiss neutral

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

is the next FM not anonymous or something?
    Spoiler : fm history :
    FM 6: Commoner/Legionare(roman)/Legionare(Sin) FM8: Stan Investigator FM9:Yakov German(Sapper) FM10: Fm Rumpel Vigilante FM11: Renekton: Serial Killer FM12: Sandor: citizen = scum FM13: Wicket : Devourer FM14: Torynn: Andrew Ryan (GF)

17. ISO #17

Quote Originally Posted by CmG View Post
    is the next FM not anonymous or something?
    I hope it is because I can't play non-anonymous games as scum. Everyone's like

bur Kromos hasn't made a gambit yet he must be scum.
    bur Kromos made a gambit he must be scum.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

18. ISO #18

Also,
    You have hit the nail on the head. You will not become infected if your lynched. You will not become infected until you are killed at night. To the mafia and the sk or Arson they know you are the infected. Vigilante will be notified of your night immunity even though you did actually die. In the day everyone in the town will be notified of it happening. "the infection is spreading" will be shown. Although only maf sk and arson will actually know. Once you are infected and are killed by lunch or shot you are then dead forever.
    Last edited by Infected; February 16th, 2012 at 12:24 PM.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Games like this are going to have to be very town heavy, probably not even include a mafia. Just a couple neutral.
    Is it going to be like a Cultist thing? With a night chat and an agreed upon infection target each night?
    Or like multiple Arsons, they don't know who they are but they can douse different number of people each night?
    And last thing, If someone is infected, shot at night, become undead, then shot again or lynched, they remain dead, yes?

21. ISO #21

And last thing, If someone is infected, shot at night, become undead, then shot again or lynched, they remain dead, yes?
    Yes that is what I got from what was said earlier. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

And it kind of depends...I mean most of the mafia would die from lynchings anyways..maybe the infected would have to be the only "killing" neutral to balance it out. And maybe a doctor should be able to prevent infection and if the person is still alive, remove the infection from them (before they turn undead). So it is kind of balanced..otherwise the infected can really just run over everyone in their way.
    Maybe it should be each infected can infect only 1 other person? (unless they are the last remaining infected) Like a 1 shot ability. Or maybe make it have a cool down. They can only infect every 2 nights?

22. ISO #22

Just to clarify with everyone. If an infected member is Jailed and executed by a jailor then you will NOT become infected. If you are infected and get killed in any way you are dead FOREVER. You ask that mafia would just say who infected was. But the only way for someone to know your infected is by having killed them. So they would in-tail be reveiling their role as mafia/sk/arson. All the infected will have night chat. But no matter the amount of infected, only one person can be chosen for infection at night. That will stay with him for the rest of the game or until he dies at night (Not via Jailor or lynch, If vigilante kills, Vigilante will recieve "Your player has night immunity" message). So like with the arson. If in nights one and two, you infect two players, and on the third night they die, they will both become infected that night. But at day everyone will recieve the message "the infection is spreading!" this will notify players that at night someone became infected, although not how many.

If anyone has any other quiries please reply, thanks for your comments they are good!

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

Hmm.. I like....but mafia can claim invest and say "I found an infected it's SO AND SO and I am an invest/sheriff now trust me as your leader! (they actually lynch the infected and then bye bye infected. back to just mafia vs town with the mafia as an "invest")

26. ISO #26

Hmm.. I like....but mafia can claim invest and say "I found an infected it's SO AND SO and I am an invest/sheriff now trust me as your leader! (they actually lynch the infected and then bye bye infected. back to just mafia vs town with the mafia as an "invest")
    No because you see, I wrote in my main post that, if you investigate infected, it will come up with there previous role. So this wouldn't happen.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Even if so, a fellow infected can claim Doc and say they healed them from an attack last night so he can't be the mafia or something like that.

29. ISO #29

This is a bit like my Necromancer role for FM

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ea-Necromancer

which is in turn like Oops_ur_dead's Witch Doctor role.

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showth...ull=1#post2614

I didn't consider it for Sc2 mafia though and yours his more like a permanent cult.
    Spoiler : FM History :
    FM VI: Commoner | FM VIII: Citizen (Tweek Tweak) | FM IX: Detective (Alexei) | FM X: Citizen (Zack) | FM XI: Citizen (Nautilus) | FM XII: Consigliere (Bronn) | FM XIII: Grave Robber (Tarkin) | FM XIV: Citizen (Mohiam) | FM XV: Electro Maniac (Togepi) | FM XVII: Citizen / Rebel (Tony Tony Chopper)

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    No because you see, I wrote in my main post that, if you investigate infected, it will come up with there previous role. So this wouldn't happen.

[I]

If you are investigated by any roles, you will show up as wha you previously was before you died. For example, if you previously was a doctor, it would come up with "Your player has knives" if he was investigated.
    [/COLOR]
    didn't see the edit. my bad.

So what keeps the mafia from targeting the infection to keep them from spreading? Since they already know all of their identities?

And, I mean come on, who wouldn't want to become a zombie.
    Couldn't agree more.

31. ISO #31

didn't see the edit. my bad.

So what keeps the mafia from targeting the infection to keep them from spreading? Since they already know all of their identities?

Couldn't agree more.

Well the fact is, if mafia just target the infected, they'll leave the town roles with more nights to investigate them, It will spice up the game a lot more.

32. ISO #32

Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    Well the fact is, if mafia just target the infected, they'll leave the town roles with more nights to investigate them, It will spice up the game a lot more.
    But there is only going to be 1 or at max 2 infected to start with. So mafia can eliminate them within a couple of days...also they could just leave the infected in their last wills so the town can kill them off..

edit: or in their death notes.

33. ISO #33

But there is only going to be 1 or at max 2 infected to start with. So mafia can eliminate them within a couple of days...also they could just leave the infected in their last wills so the town can kill them off..

edit: or in their death notes.
    I think it would be by chance that they find someone who was infected, becoming infect the next day. In order to accurately extinguish the Infect, Mafia would suffer in the strength and time town has. It would be like finding the Serial Killer on Night 1 and revealing him as Sheriff on Day 2. You can't kill the town fast enough now.

34. ISO #34

I think it would be by chance that they find someone who was infected, becoming infect the next day. In order to accurately extinguish the Infect, Mafia would suffer in the strength and time town has. It would be like finding the Serial Killer on Night 1 and revealing him as Sheriff on Day 2. You can't kill the town fast enough now.
    He/she said mafia would know who the infected are. So that means that they will already have "found" them..

-Will mafia also know who is alive but infected?

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

I like this role idea. It's the exact opposite of Arsonist, basiscally. The mechanics behind Arsonist fall in the lines you want to pick victims that WON'T be killed, while as an Infected, you're trying to guess who'll be killed. The only down-side is the killer roles will know who is an infected, and can simply BS an investigator role to get rid of them, or just kill them all over again.

A very unique role that spells out some crazy fun. Cudos to the idea.

**EDIT:
    A killing role can do elimination process on them being an Infected simply based on the fact they'll be alive the next day. And if the silenced feature is in game, well. . . Pretty obvious.
    Signature done by opps_ur_dead

His skills are unrivaled.

38. ISO #38

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I like this role. So many good roles being posted that would really switch up the way games are played. We should think about swapping out some of the boring roles, like survivor, to make room for these until the script limit gets raised.
    Why do you hate Survivor so much, you made a thread about getting rid of it and ive seen you post in multiple of these new role suggestion threads saying to swap survivor with their roles....