If so called "Invitational" and Invitation only games are the new standard on this site, goodbye.
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: If so called "Invitational" and Invitation only games are the new standard on this site, goodbye

There is absolutely no desire among staff to make invitation only a standard, and I dare say it's not a plan anyone in the community has at all. I'm also unsure of why you would assert it's a "new standard" when it literally occurs only once while no other games are happening; this reaction is a surprise.

Also, considering the circumstances, this thread, while not rulebreaking, has strong potential of devolving into talk about ongoing games or the like, so please be careful, @ everyone. If you have actual concerns about FM organisation, you're welcome to message me if you want, btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: If so called "Invitational" and Invitation only games are the new standard on this site, goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Based on my analysis, games in the past year have had a minimum of 2 replacements. Good luck!
    The next person who would have hosted wasn't even available for the next week and specifically said I could host.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

6. ISO #6

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    The next person who would have hosted wasn't even available for the next week and specifically said I could host.
    Hosting on this site sucks. People rip you apart post game. Idk if that's changed but just something to think about in terms of getting more people to do it

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by TheBananaBaroness View Post
    Hosting on this site sucks. People rip you apart post game. Idk if that's changed but just something to think about in terms of getting more people to do it
    You reap what you sow, no survivors. Always was.

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

I don't know about this site's activity and player pool but running one game at a time seems slow, maybe it's necessary. An invite only game is going to leave people out so maybe Rene was upset he was left out and has to wait till the next game to play?

10. ISO #10

Activity here ebbs and flows pretty hard so periods of no games at all isn't a shock to regulars.

Invitational games usually always results in some people who weren't included (but wanted to) getting upset. Seen it many of times in numerous communities. Compound this with the quiet periods where there is no alternative games on site, it just exacerbates it.

Thanks for the invite btw Frinks. I'll play a FM game when the custom map is bugless

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by rumox View Post
    Activity here ebbs and flows pretty hard so periods of no games at all isn't a shock to regulars.

Invitational games usually always results in some people who weren't included (but wanted to) getting upset. Seen it many of times in numerous communities. Compound this with the quiet periods where there is no alternative games on site, it just exacerbates it.

Thanks for the invite btw Frinks. I'll play a FM game when the custom map is bugless

bugless?

Well I've got some fixes on the way.
    Last edited by Frinckles; August 13th, 2023 at 07:32 AM.

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    I don't know about this site's activity and player pool but running one game at a time seems slow, maybe it's necessary. An invite only game is going to leave people out so maybe Rene was upset he was left out and has to wait till the next game to play?
    There's not enough players here to run more than 1 at a time. Everyone knows everyone here

16. ISO #16

Yeah I don't think in the fourish years I've been here we've ever ran more than one game at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Yeah I don't think in the fourish years I've been here we've ever ran more than one game at a time.
    We've tried to at some point, but ended up cancelling the idea because it would just cause people to want to play in both games but not being able to, and games not filling up simultaneously (it basically was going de facto back to the one game at a time pace). It's not something to necessarily permanently exclude, but it's not in the plans right now.

As for you, Renegade, don't worry, we got it, you don't want to replace in games. Noone's going to twist your arm, especially not with that attitude. Have fun.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    New standard? since when was invitation ever a thing in this site? we had like what 2-3 out of 350+ games, which mean it make up less than 1% of all FMs
    tbf, KRC has become sorta invitational in the sense that last two times(?) it was run it had a bunch of advertising/invites sent out as soon as signups were open afaik

even though the games were open to just about anyone the swiftness as to how quickly these games fill up in part due to that might make them increasingly like invitationals if it maintains or increases in popularity in the future

aside from that though we've not really run anything close to an invitational prior to the ongoing game and when we do its a very rare occurrence
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

@Renegade you can always join others for another game! invitational games happen on almost every site from time to time; it is quite common. I agree it shouldn't disrupt the queue, but sc2mafia community isn't as large as some others, so pausing the queue was necessary. Even if some of us can't play for various reasons, we can still read and enjoy the games. My recent hobby involves throwing myself into completed games as one of the slots, and try to solve the game from their seat. I have been cooking a lot lately.

oh btw..
    I remember us playing this setup! Do you remember it Rene? if you have the time, you can start reading from here:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...t-(14P)/page26
    Alternatively, you can read from my solve until the EoD:
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post922451

Remember when there were around 5 circlejerks from REDACTED community who threw the game for town during that game? That's when I quit sc2mafia back then. I was frustrated at that whole bs after so many games in a row, I left my solve for you guys on D3 of that game, but I never realized I left you alone against 5 circlejerks and 2 mafia I am sorry.

Anyway, I started playing FM again after 3 years and heard things have changed here when it comes to racism, toxicity and the games/hosts influenced by the infamous circlejerk. I am pleased to see that things have changed since then. I will always have that emotional connection to here as the place where I learned Mafia, and you should also appreciate how sc2mafia has evolved! This place has a brighter future now, thanks to the efforts of the latest staff. I can see things have been going UPHILL

Take it easy Ren. You are a lot of fun, and keep it real like you always do. Looking forward to playing with you once again. I hope you sign for Death Noms or something else in the future. Don't be so harsh on Frinckles - no one is perfect.

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by scumbot5679 View Post
    ofc Frinckles is perfect!
    lol that also went through my mind when I read baker's post