MU's Mafia Championship, Season 10 - Nominations (vote here!)
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

MU's Mafia Championship, Season 10 - Nominations (vote here!)

It's that time of year again! Champs invites!

You can read the official invite here.

We are slightly modifying our eligibility requirements from last year, this year's eligibility requirements are:

To be eligible to rep:
    - The representative must have played at least one FM game on Sc2 Mafia since the previous nomination vote (S-FM 340 and later)
    - The representative must be willing to represent us and able to meet the activity requirements to play in the Championship game(s)
    - The representative must have no FM infraction history on Sc2 Mafia. (They requirement an be overruled with approval from FM Staff)

To be eligible to vote:
    - You must have have played, hosted, or co-hosted at least one FM game on Sc2 Mafia since the previous nomination vote (S-FM 340 and later)
    - Only one vote per person, alt voting not allowed.

To place your vote on an eligible member, please use the standard voting tags: [vote]username[/vote]. The winner will be our representative, while the runner-up will be our backup. Voting ends when this countdown does:

17 votes to hammer.

Voting ends Sunday, March 26th at 7 PM US Central time
    Link to countdown
    Last edited by Lumi; March 20th, 2023 at 05:14 PM.

2. ISO #2

Re: MU's Mafia Championship, Season 10 - Nominations (vote here!)

Here is a list of all the players that have played + hosted at least two games in the last year, with ineligible players removed. I would say this is our pool of potential candidates for repping us.

# Games Player
    7 MM
    7 SB16
    6 Martin
    6 Mizery
    5 Varcron
    4 deathworlds
    3 Frinckles
    3 ikarusdk
    3 Loldebite
    2 Gikkle
    2 Norwee
    2 Renegade

3. ISO #3

I think I would be willing to go this year if you all are looking for a rep or backup rep. In the past I had issues with champs but I think I've resolved them now. Only possible issue I could have really is that champs in its later stages tends to drag into september/october ect and if I make it that far I may not be able to put my full effort in if I wanted to. Worst-case scenario, if I'm much more busy than expected, I would have to sub-out and the champs organizers will find a backup/replacement. Fairly unlikely, but possible.

As for voting for a rep, I think I'm gonna sheep someone else's vote. Or maybe I'll just vote myself, assuming self-votes are okay.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Aye, forward to victory, Martin ^^

-vote MartinGG99
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    We still need a back-up though.
    We do, and that will be the runner-up; that is currently Ikarus, and I like it
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Guys get off Martin he's town
    But we need to gather information!!

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

@ikarusdk

Are you aware that, if willing, you currently are the backup to represent Sc2Mafia at MU champs this year? Read 1st/2nd post of this thread. Typically the backup representative is only expected to replace the main representative for the first round of champ games (which is very unlikely to happen), but organizers may reach out to you if some horrible crisis happens and they're unable to find backups/replacements for other players/representatives in champs (again, first round of champ games only). Though I don't think I've ever seen a case where MU had a bunch of trouble finding a replacement.
    Last edited by MartinGG99; March 25th, 2023 at 01:59 AM.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Hi guys I just noticed this.

I am honoured to be even mentioned in the thread to represent sc2 community in MU champs so thank you. I am willing to be a backup although I am unsure if I am a suitable candidate given my lack of experience in various set ups. Since it looks like Martin is going to be our rep I am going to vote Mizery as runner up.

I am really impressed with her town instinct, and both of my games with her, she correctly deduced scum on day 1. Can't get any stronger than that imo.

-vote Mizery

21. ISO #21

#Lumiforrepeat

Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    I think I would be willing to go this year if you all are looking for a rep or backup rep. In the past I had issues with champs but I think I've resolved them now. Only possible issue I could have really is that champs in its later stages tends to drag into september/october ect and if I make it that far I may not be able to put my full effort in if I wanted to. Worst-case scenario, if I'm much more busy than expected, I would have to sub-out and the champs organizers will find a backup/replacement. Fairly unlikely, but possible.
    -vote MartinGG99

Just remember to have fun. I feel like there is an underlying social consideration that carries people as much as good gameplay and effort does. Its a really cool event in a great community even if some of their staff certainly have their flaws. I hope you have a good experience.
    Intellectual growth comes from discussions, not arguments. If you are unwilling to change your position and hear the other persons side you are closed minded and wasting your time.
    If you can not clearly explain what the other sides reasoning is you can not disagree with their position because you do not understand it.

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

Hello! I’m just stopping by to say that Martin’s ‘Mafia Championships’ game is about to start over on Mafia Universe! You can follow the game here.

This tournament is intended primarily as a social event to bring communities together (unless you're Lumi, in which case you just smash the whole thing and become Champ). To that end we have an active spectator chat on Discord where people from other communities are spectating their own representatives. We play along and try to solve the games on our own, make predictions and bets, and make fun of-- uh, I mean, cheer on the participants. Everyone is welcome to join! You can find our server here. (Just note the channel is kept private to keep the players out, but you just need to ask for access and a Mod will get you in as soon as they see your request.)

Good luck to Martin, who I've played with several times and will be cheering on myself!

(Also hi to all the peeps I recognise from MU etc.)