S-FM 348: Standoff - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #51

Re: S-FM 348: Standoff

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    This is among the closest this site gets to pure distilled mafia, town vs scum, informed minority vs uninformed majority, no multiball, no hidden setup, no neutrals. There isn't any reason for anyone to claim anything other than a town alignment, so doing so is kinda forcing the issue and drawing unnecessary attention to it.
    Yeah I get that.

I wasn't saying he was claiming something else, but rather I think his opening statement was worth reviewing later on, where as you are saying it is nothing because what could he benefit from claiming town.

2. ISO #52

3. ISO #53

4. ISO #54

Quote Originally Posted by ikarusdk View Post
    I need to have a role card on a separate page...
    How've you been? I recall the last FM game I played you were playing your first ever game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

5. ISO #55

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    Happy to see you're trying to get us somewhere!

I'm highly experienced with FM but this is my first time on this site. Lumi invited me to play here as I haven't played a FM game in some time (hence my personal excitement towards the game). I have some understanding of the site from speccing some of the games here though.

I'm deliberately trying to hold off on posting a lot right now as I can be a bit intense in lighter games like this if I don't dial it down a notch and I don't want that to cause issues in a community I haven't yet played much in. It's unlikely I'll be able to accomplish too much tonight before I have to bow out but once I return later it should be much clearer what sort of players and information I'm working with.

Thoughts on Miz's first post?
    Pleasure to have you on the site! Lumi's awesome so if he brought you here you're good in my books. I think Miz's first post is rather odd bread crumbing town in their very first post. Is it scummy? Not necessarily, but odd for sure. Don't feel the need to stifle yourself even if you view yourself as very intense in the early/lighter games
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

6. ISO #56

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    I'm going to throw out right now that my night action is not town-friendly, and I won't be using it unless it's absolutely mandatory for the town's survival.
    If true:

Armorsmith
    Gunsmith
    Blacksmith
    Chemist
    Electromaniac

Physician
    Stagecoach Driver
    Snitch
    Tracker
    Scout
    Investigator
    Janitor
    Bartender
    Coward
    Tailor
    Operator

7. ISO #57

How've you been? I recall the last FM game I played you were playing your first ever game.
    I am doing great! Thank you. Yeah that was my very first game with Lumi coaching. This is my third one. I've been wanting to play some more FM! I was really excited for this set up to start.

8. ISO #58

9. ISO #59

If true:

Armorsmith
    Gunsmith
    Blacksmith
    Chemist
    Electromaniac

Physician
    Stagecoach Driver
    Snitch
    Tracker
    Scout
    Investigator
    Janitor
    Bartender
    Coward
    Tailor
    Operator
    I disagree in how you think that Operator, Stagecoach Driver, and Coward are not town friendly

Potentially redirecting a factional kill into a Loyalist faction member, or a kill from lets say a gun someone handed out, could be incredibly useful. The Stagecoach Driver in particular could be used to protect a confirmed Patriot role.

10. ISO #60

I'm going to throw out right now that my night action is not town-friendly, and I won't be using it unless it's absolutely mandatory for the town's survival.
    interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

11. ISO #61

I am doing great! Thank you. Yeah that was my very first game with Lumi coaching. This is my third one. I've been wanting to play some more FM! I was really excited for this set up to start.
    Awesome! It's always great seeing new people, especially from the mod join up in FM. I did it too back in 2019, and Renegade along with a few others did the same.

This setup too is awesome, so you picked a good one to join in on for your third.

12. ISO #62

If true:

Armorsmith
    Gunsmith
    Blacksmith
    Chemist
    Electromaniac

Physician
    Stagecoach Driver
    Snitch
    Tracker
    Scout
    Investigator
    Janitor
    Bartender
    Coward
    Tailor
    Operator
    also electro has higher odds of hitting at least 1 scum, so town electro is 100% a positive in my book
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

13. ISO #63

I disagree in how you think that Operator, Stagecoach Driver, and Coward are not town friendly

Potentially redirecting a factional kill into a Loyalist faction member, or a kill from lets say a gun someone handed out, could be incredibly useful. The Stagecoach Driver in particular could be used to protect a confirmed Patriot role.
    I think they are not town friendly at least during N1. Once we have a confirmed Patriot role, they can be very powerful. But for N1? I think it'll just create confusion for patriots.

14. ISO #64

interesting
    interesting

More like flashbacks to the jello man getting turbo lynched for saying that same word.

15. ISO #65

interesting

More like flashbacks to the jello man getting turbo lynched for saying that same word.
    fucketh me in the ass

16. ISO #66

also chemist is town positive too wtf.
    a night kill is a night kill is a night kill, chemist is just a better vig
    fucketh me in the ass

17. ISO #67

I think they are not town friendly at least during N1. Once we have a confirmed Patriot role, they can be very powerful. But for N1? I think it'll just create confusion for patriots.
    Fair, I can agree with that for D1. Later on though I definitely think that those roles are more potent.

18. ISO #68

also chemist is town positive too wtf.
    a night kill is a night kill is a night kill, chemist is just a better vig
    Ehhhhhh chemist could be, it depends. If the chemist decides to go on a rampage town loses, or if they miskill town also loses.

19. ISO #69

also electro has higher odds of hitting at least 1 scum, so town electro is 100% a positive in my book
    Ah yes that is true. I completely overlooked the fact apart from a town electro there are two patriots vs two loyalists that could visit others. Still quite risky tho wouldn't you agree? You could potentially target two Patriots who visit each other....

20. ISO #70

Ah yes that is true. I completely overlooked the fact apart from a town electro there are two patriots vs two loyalists that could visit others. Still quite risky tho wouldn't you agree? You could potentially target two Patriots who visit each other....
    I think Electro as well is a maybe depending on how well it is utilized by the player.

21. ISO #71

Ehhhhhh chemist could be, it depends.
    Chemist gives feedback when they poison their target,
    if town they can spill their guts out as they're dying, and also vote.

If the chemist decides to go on a rampage town loses, or if they miskill town also loses.
    I mean, this is true of most town sided killing roles, but I don't factor in skill issues with theory
    fucketh me in the ass

22. ISO #72

23. ISO #73

scum can also use their factional kill in addition to their other abilities, so there's at least two loyalists with like, three abilities to use. Much higher odds that a loyalist dies in a 1 for 1, which is always an acceptable trade
    fucketh me in the ass

24. ISO #74

25. ISO #75

Well actually I missed the part 'causing them to die at the end of the ensuing day'

Still I don't think they should kill N1 at least.

You're probably right, with the chemist at least
    fucketh me in the ass

26. ISO #76

You're probably right, with the chemist at least
    I wouldn't mind seeing the Electro trying stuff N1

Highly unlikely that they get a kill N1 unless it's a PvL and LvP scenario

27. ISO #77

I wouldn't mind seeing the Electro trying stuff N1

Highly unlikely that they get a kill N1 unless it's a PvL and LvP scenario
    Assuming we have an electro, that is.

28. ISO #78

oh, also.

LEAVE A LAST WILL
    fucketh me in the ass

29. ISO #79

oh, also.

LEAVE A LAST WILL
    Can I leave a mod style last will? : D

30. ISO #80

31. ISO #81

Can I leave a mod style last will? : D
    n1: red, doctor n2: oops no target n3: yellow, already dead n4: orange
    fucketh me in the ass

32. ISO #82

Varcron is a citizen xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

that is my guess on top of my head without assessing anything analysing anything.
    shhhh let varcron do the funny WIFOM
    fucketh me in the ass

33. ISO #83

n1: red, doctor n2: oops no target n3: yellow, already dead n4: orange
    Nah like you're a coroner

N1 Useless N2 5v2 VB LO,GF,Jan role is det N3 Useless again no one died

34. ISO #84

shhhh let varcron do the funny WIFOM
    Ye let me do the WIFOM and get lynched because everyone thinks I'm out of my mind and scummy lol

35. ISO #85

Ye let me do the WIFOM and get lynched because everyone thinks I'm out of my mind and scummy lol
    if it's any consolation I think what you're doing, regardless of role and alignment, is smart
    fucketh me in the ass

36. ISO #86

if it's any consolation I think what you're doing, regardless of role and alignment, is smart
    Hey someone likes the insanity!

Huh?

37. ISO #87

Hey someone likes the insanity!

Huh?
    Huh?????

Goofy!!!!

interesting
    fucketh me in the ass

38. ISO #88

god I love being back
    fucketh me in the ass

39. ISO #89

Huh?????

Goofy!!!!

interesting
    I still have nightmares about that Madness game where you give me 3 cult roles and I ended up being the Jester King, and each cult member I recruited was tasked with lynching me.

40. ISO #90

I still have nightmares about that Madness game where you give me 3 cult roles and I ended up being the Jester King, and each cult member I recruited was tasked with lynching me.
    Gave*

41. ISO #91

Ok I don't know if this is appropriate right now but I townread deathworlds.

1. His speculation post was fun to read.
    If you are a Janitor, Tailor, or Bartender, do NOT use your abilities, as they will confuse us.
    T
    Because he does not know some players here he can't trust that the rest of us won't do something that is detrimental to the patriots, so he did advise certain roles from using their action in N1

oh, also.

LEAVE A LAST WILL
    I did not know I could. Very helpful. I wouldn't have done it without this prompt.

4. Just trying to be helpful for town (ok im tired of writing loyalists and patriots and i keep making typos when i do)

TOO EARLY?

42. ISO #92

I tell people about that story all the time and it just cracks me up everytime I tell it.

Nothing will beat hosting insanity
    fucketh me in the ass

43. ISO #93

I tell people about that story all the time and it just cracks me up everytime I tell it.

Nothing will beat hosting insanity
    If you ever get the time to run it again, I would sign up for it in a heartbeat

44. ISO #94

45. ISO #95

Man I wanna hear about it haha
    Remind deathworlds or I after the game (or MM if he remembers) so we don't clutter it here.

My god that was a fun game

46. ISO #96

Man I wanna hear about it haha
    I hosted a unique setup back in 2016, and again in 2020, Varcron is talking about the 2020 game.
    fucketh me in the ass

47. ISO #97

I hosted a unique setup back in 2016, and again in 2020, Varcron is talking about the 2020 game.
    Post #3832 is where the meme happened

48. ISO #98

49. ISO #99

I had to see if there was nother player named vaccuum
    Nah that's the nickname given to me by Cucho and Frinckles for a little while

50. ISO #100

anyways im going to fill myself with nyquill and go to bed, y'all have a good night, hope to see some more people check in and or post more!
    fucketh me in the ass