So yeah it was a pretty bad post lol.
So yeah it was a pretty bad post lol.
MM since you're in the thread now.
Your flip in the school of rock mafia game on MafC is pretty scuffed, mind telling me what your alignment was there?
Not really a player I need more opinions on rn but if you are genuinely struggling wity things I would recommend going through his ISO first because of the above and then we can talk about it?
1. He introduced himself, played himself down saying he is still new and excuse him for making mistakes.
2. He went ahead and agree with people like deathworlds on setup analysis.
3. He use meta on people.
4. He made a deep analysis of someone saying "Thank god im not mafia"
5. He talk about mislynches scenarios. (Possible that this is a thought from a mafia's perspective)
6. He make a guess on Varcron role as Citizen.
7. Talk about setups
Deb has your PoD read changed at all now they've posted more content?
Not knowing them I can't tell if that's just D1 banter or if there's something going on.
I gotta say I don't really agree with or understand the decision that he's the best slot to pressure either, especially. Especially considering how you voted them first thing in the morning, then explained why after catching up and then posted a readslist. Would you mind explaining your rationale for the vote ?
On the other hand PoD's reaction is quite surprising too, but I get the feel that this is a gambit of sorts or something
Oh and btw I just realized that I didn't really comply with your request, since I've posted no link to a game where I played scum, because there hasn't been any yet. Closest I ever got was some kind of neutral killer on crack but I died of crab overload.
Maybe gambit isn't the proper term ?
Yeah well I don't know for you but I have little use of emotions that can be faked as easily as that.
Meh, I guess that post about ikarus probably isn't that easy to fake, though. Still, I don't know what do you with it so it doesn't add to my "content" pile.
ISO links have been added to the first post.
The difference between them and the "ISO Links" button you can find towards the top of the page is that the ones on the first post sort via most recent post while the ones in the button sort by oldest post.
A.K.A "That One Idiot"
To answer your question about my thought process this is the timeline of my catchup this morning:
1. Skim thread for anything major. Didn't look at every post in detail. I skimmed a couple of ISOs as well for people I didn't really remember any posts of.
2. Started posting. Voted PoD because I had opened their ISO and found that despite their activity and me prodding them for content before I left they still had a very empty ISO. To explain my voting philosophy - it's broadly pro town to have your vote placed down on somebody as soon as you can really justify placing a real vote on somebody. I had concerns about PoD and I felt like they were getting away with doing nothing and needed pressure so they felt like the perfect person to vote. Not sure how close this is to the voting meta on this site but low-committment early game pressure votes are very common elsewhere.
3. More thoroughly read through stuff + posting responses in thread. Self explanatory. Read on PoD is basically the same as above.
4. Did a detailed ISO of every player minus MM and Misery and typed them up into my bigger read list posts. My read on PoD was similar to the original reason why I voted them and they remained my top scumread so I didn't recast a vote as I felt they were still the best option. Not all of my reads stayed the same after I started looking into people in more detail which is why there's some slight differences in how I treated certain players (notably varcron) in between my initial catch up posts and later wall.
PoD's reaction as a standalone thing would mildly surprise me if they flipped villager, less so if they were a wolf. Read to me as somebody who is struggling to make scumreads (common wolf tell, difficult to find reasons to falsely accuse when you gave TMI) and taking the lazy, easy way out via a bad OMGUS. To be fair to PoD, I do believe them now when they said they're struggling to make reads and my read on them now is more that I think that struggling to make reads like they currently are is more likely an issue caused because of both being rusty and TMI than it is to be an issue of being rusty but no TMI. (That is to say that I think that attempting fake solving after a long break is a fair bit harder than attempting genuine solving after a long break).
Don't blame you tbh
Now if only you told me this before I had gone off looking for a mafia game of yours.
But in all seriousness my read on you is completely invalid now as I'd assumed you had a lot more experience as mafia and serial killers aren't really the same due to the lack of TMI.
I was scum, apparently. But I was supposed to partake in the neat version of the Cranberries' song, so that makes up for it xD.
I think it's pretty clear here that PoD isn't refusing to make reads and would post some more at my request if they could regardless of alignment.
I think in hindsight that regardless of alignment it's easy to infer from PoD's posting that they're struggling to produce solving content (not wilfully avoiding it necessarily) again regardless of their alignment.
Not sure why you think I'd lie about this anyway deb? It wouldn't be of any benefit to me to do so as a wolf.
As for Vittae's argument itself, I think it fits with what I perceive (extra defensiveness due to feeling uncomfortable as scum), so I quite like the reasoning. That being said, I'd still like to hear his version before straight up tunneling him, considering it could also stem from a NAI lack of confidence after not having played for years.
Vittae do you really think you need scumgames of mine
Kinda rude for no one to read my posts, ngl
I didn't think I'd have to correct people so often on me but @Vittae it is, again, not having to do with wolfrands on other mafia sites, but having to do with mafia/town ratio on this site
read my posts guys its not that hard
Town game, a town game where I didn't get lynched d1 Neutral game, scum game, another scum game
Or do you think that only 1 scum is between one of us, and that votes should be between us two here.