S-FM 348: Standoff - Page 4
Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

Re: S-FM 348: Standoff

Quote Originally Posted by powerofdeath View Post
    So I'm not allowed to fos you? You will just shove it off as omgus then?
    I mean... it was a dictionary definition OMGUS (voting somebody because they scumread you) for a reason that was pretty disingenuous (not only were you ignoring my points but you aren't even the lowest poster by a large margin) and you once again ignored my encouragement to post more engaging / solving content so that I could try to find you if you were town (it's pretty obvious that I was and still am trying very hard to give you lifelines despite my concerns because we can't afford to miselim today and I want to get a better reason on you regardless of your alignment).

So yeah it was a pretty bad post lol.

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

I would say 90% of the players are null to me. I'm still trying to get my scumradar up and working again
    What about ikarus? He's never been a wolf before so he should be a comparatively easier one for you to look at I'm guessing.

Not really a player I need more opinions on rn but if you are genuinely struggling wity things I would recommend going through his ISO first because of the above and then we can talk about it?

10. ISO #160

Quote Originally Posted by Vittae View Post
    What about ikarus? He's never been a wolf before so he should be a comparatively easier one for you to look at I'm guessing.

Not really a player I need more opinions on rn but if you are genuinely struggling wity things I would recommend going through his ISO first because of the above and then we can talk about it?
    I mean all I have on Ikar is pretty much a summary of what he did, not exactly a read or anything.

1. He introduced himself, played himself down saying he is still new and excuse him for making mistakes.
    2. He went ahead and agree with people like deathworlds on setup analysis.
    3. He use meta on people.
    4. He made a deep analysis of someone saying "Thank god im not mafia"
    5. He talk about mislynches scenarios. (Possible that this is a thought from a mafia's perspective)
    6. He make a guess on Varcron role as Citizen.
    7. Talk about setups

11. ISO #161

I mean all I have on Ikar is pretty much a summary of what he did, not exactly a read or anything.

1. He introduced himself, played himself down saying he is still new and excuse him for making mistakes.
    5. He talk about mislynches scenarios. (Possible that this is a thought from a mafia's perspective)
    7. Talk about setups
    Yeah... appreciate the effort but there's not a lot to go over here really.

At least most of the US folks will likely be active soon, I'd also appreciate it for my own reads tbh since I feel like I'm trying to blood out of a stone myself atp.

12. ISO #162

7. Talk about setups
    This cracked me up ngl

13. ISO #163

14. ISO #164

Not knowing them I can't tell if that's just D1 banter or if there's something going on.

I gotta say I don't really agree with or understand the decision that he's the best slot to pressure either, especially. Especially considering how you voted them first thing in the morning, then explained why after catching up and then posted a readslist. Would you mind explaining your rationale for the vote ?

On the other hand PoD's reaction is quite surprising too, but I get the feel that this is a gambit of sorts or something

Oh and btw I just realized that I didn't really comply with your request, since I've posted no link to a game where I played scum, because there hasn't been any yet. Closest I ever got was some kind of neutral killer on crack but I died of crab overload.

15. ISO #165

16. ISO #166

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Not knowing them I can't tell if that's just D1 banter or if there's something going on.

I gotta say I don't really agree with or understand the decision that he's the best slot to pressure either, especially. Especially considering how you voted them first thing in the morning, then explained why after catching up and then posted a readslist. Would you mind explaining your rationale for the vote ?

On the other hand PoD's reaction is quite surprising too, but I get the feel that this is a gambit of sorts or something

Oh and btw I just realized that I didn't really comply with your request, since I've posted no link to a game where I played scum, because there hasn't been any yet. Closest I ever got was some kind of neutral killer on crack but I died of crab overload.
    Gambit of what exactly? I responded with exactly how I felt at the time. No wifom or anything, no complex strategies, just simply emotions.

17. ISO #167

18. ISO #168

Gambit of what exactly? I responded with exactly how I felt at the time. No wifom or anything, no complex strategies, just simply emotions.
    Let's call it the Gambit of the Renegade : refusing to explain and avoid telling anyone what you think. Because that's what I recall renegade (not) doing

Maybe gambit isn't the proper term ?

Yeah well I don't know for you but I have little use of emotions that can be faked as easily as that.

Meh, I guess that post about ikarus probably isn't that easy to fake, though. Still, I don't know what do you with it so it doesn't add to my "content" pile.

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

MM since you're in the thread now.

Your flip in the school of rock mafia game on MafC is pretty scuffed, mind telling me what your alignment was there?
    I legit have no memory of it; might be able to tell you with a link to it if you really want to know. In my first years, I used to remember every game in detail, but nowadays everything just goes away once the game's over; my brain seems to clear disk space for more useful things, unfortunately (or fortunately!).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

21. ISO #171

ISO links have been added to the first post.

The difference between them and the "ISO Links" button you can find towards the top of the page is that the ones on the first post sort via most recent post while the ones in the button sort by oldest post.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #172

If you're referring to the me/PoD interactions then yeah it's funny for everyone lol, no hard feelings. My posting style comes off as pretty serious at times and I'm used to playing in pretty intense situations so sorry if I'm coming off as mad here.

To answer your question about my thought process this is the timeline of my catchup this morning:
    1. Skim thread for anything major. Didn't look at every post in detail. I skimmed a couple of ISOs as well for people I didn't really remember any posts of.
    2. Started posting. Voted PoD because I had opened their ISO and found that despite their activity and me prodding them for content before I left they still had a very empty ISO. To explain my voting philosophy - it's broadly pro town to have your vote placed down on somebody as soon as you can really justify placing a real vote on somebody. I had concerns about PoD and I felt like they were getting away with doing nothing and needed pressure so they felt like the perfect person to vote. Not sure how close this is to the voting meta on this site but low-committment early game pressure votes are very common elsewhere.
    3. More thoroughly read through stuff + posting responses in thread. Self explanatory. Read on PoD is basically the same as above.
    4. Did a detailed ISO of every player minus MM and Misery and typed them up into my bigger read list posts. My read on PoD was similar to the original reason why I voted them and they remained my top scumread so I didn't recast a vote as I felt they were still the best option. Not all of my reads stayed the same after I started looking into people in more detail which is why there's some slight differences in how I treated certain players (notably varcron) in between my initial catch up posts and later wall.

PoD's reaction as a standalone thing would mildly surprise me if they flipped villager, less so if they were a wolf. Read to me as somebody who is struggling to make scumreads (common wolf tell, difficult to find reasons to falsely accuse when you gave TMI) and taking the lazy, easy way out via a bad OMGUS. To be fair to PoD, I do believe them now when they said they're struggling to make reads and my read on them now is more that I think that struggling to make reads like they currently are is more likely an issue caused because of both being rusty and TMI than it is to be an issue of being rusty but no TMI. (That is to say that I think that attempting fake solving after a long break is a fair bit harder than attempting genuine solving after a long break).

23. ISO #173

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I legit have no memory of it; might be able to tell you with a link to it if you really want to know. In my first years, I used to remember every game in detail, but nowadays everything just goes away once the game's over; my brain seems to clear disk space for more useful things, unfortunately (or fortunately!).
    https://www.mafiacafe.net/forum/stan...ia-game-thread

Don't blame you tbh

24. ISO #174

I missed the bottom bit of this post... appreciate you getting back to me on this with the SK game.

Now if only you told me this before I had gone off looking for a mafia game of yours.

But in all seriousness my read on you is completely invalid now as I'd assumed you had a lot more experience as mafia and serial killers aren't really the same due to the lack of TMI.

25. ISO #175

If you're referring to the me/PoD interactions then yeah it's funny for everyone lol, no hard feelings. My posting style comes off as pretty serious at times and I'm used to playing in pretty intense situations so sorry if I'm coming off as mad here.

To answer your question about my thought process this is the timeline of my catchup this morning:
    1. Skim thread for anything major. Didn't look at every post in detail. I skimmed a couple of ISOs as well for people I didn't really remember any posts of.
    2. Started posting. Voted PoD because I had opened their ISO and found that despite their activity and me prodding them for content before I left they still had a very empty ISO. To explain my voting philosophy - it's broadly pro town to have your vote placed down on somebody as soon as you can really justify placing a real vote on somebody. I had concerns about PoD and I felt like they were getting away with doing nothing and needed pressure so they felt like the perfect person to vote. Not sure how close this is to the voting meta on this site but low-committment early game pressure votes are very common elsewhere.
    3. More thoroughly read through stuff + posting responses in thread. Self explanatory. Read on PoD is basically the same as above.
    4. Did a detailed ISO of every player minus MM and Misery and typed them up into my bigger read list posts. My read on PoD was similar to the original reason why I voted them and they remained my top scumread so I didn't recast a vote as I felt they were still the best option. Not all of my reads stayed the same after I started looking into people in more detail which is why there's some slight differences in how I treated certain players (notably varcron) in between my initial catch up posts and later wall.

PoD's reaction as a standalone thing would mildly surprise me if they flipped villager, less so if they were a wolf. Read to me as somebody who is struggling to make scumreads (common wolf tell, difficult to find reasons to falsely accuse when you gave TMI) and taking the lazy, easy way out via a bad OMGUS. To be fair to PoD, I do believe them now when they said they're struggling to make reads and my read on them now is more that I think that struggling to make reads like they currently are is more likely an issue caused because of both being rusty and TMI than it is to be an issue of being rusty but no TMI. (That is to say that I think that attempting fake solving after a long break is a fair bit harder than attempting genuine solving after a long break).
    They haven't said that. Not here, at least.

-vote Vittae

26. ISO #176

https://www.mafiacafe.net/forum/stan...ge67#post41650

I was scum, apparently. But I was supposed to partake in the neat version of the Cranberries' song, so that makes up for it xD.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

27. ISO #177

28. ISO #178

(Apparently I have to post something and can't just quote the post so here is some text)
    This was a response to Deb saying PoD never claimed to be struggling with making reads ftr.

I think it's pretty clear here that PoD isn't refusing to make reads and would post some more at my request if they could regardless of alignment.

I think in hindsight that regardless of alignment it's easy to infer from PoD's posting that they're struggling to produce solving content (not wilfully avoiding it necessarily) again regardless of their alignment.

Not sure why you think I'd lie about this anyway deb? It wouldn't be of any benefit to me to do so as a wolf.

29. ISO #179

I am posting contents I feel like you're looking down on me for some reasons.

-vote Loldebite
    Does this indicate he's scum, though? Also, I'm looking at your ISO and cannot say I am exactly impressed - not that I have to be impressed by the first half of D1, but this reaction is quite heavy considering your content level so far. Is there something you see that would indicate people accusing you are scum (as opposed to just people saying things you don't like)?

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

They haven't said that. Not here, at least.

-vote Vittae
    Saw the post in POD's ISO, so it wasn't a false statement (see Vittae's reply), but if it had been, what would you see scummy about it? Vittae strikes me as a very, very analytical player, and I don't think they would need to take the risk of making up something this early into the game.

~~

As for Vittae's argument itself, I think it fits with what I perceive (extra defensiveness due to feeling uncomfortable as scum), so I quite like the reasoning. That being said, I'd still like to hear his version before straight up tunneling him, considering it could also stem from a NAI lack of confidence after not having played for years.

33. ISO #183

34. ISO #184

35. ISO #185

36. ISO #186

37. ISO #187

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    that wasn't the game where we n1'd mm, lightcastle subbed out, and then MM awkwardly replaced him, is it...
    I'm glad you reminded me of this because I was shocked I'd managed to misread MM so badly based on his D1 but yeah he was actually a villager D1 (was using the game as a test for my ability to read MM based on meta).

40. ISO #190

I'm glad you reminded me of this because I was shocked I'd managed to misread MM so badly based on his D1 but yeah he was actually a villager D1 (was using the game as a test for my ability to read MM based on meta).
    it was the most annoying game i've ever played and I count it as a wolf win

41. ISO #191

@deathworlds could you please link me your most recent games as both alignments?

As others have pointed out already, Death's ISO is also devoid of solving right now but some of Death's comments suggest they're very into mech and that this might be a NAI thing for them.

Basically every mech thing Death has said has been correct so far and they corrected several other players who were making incorrect points (they responded to several posts I also responded to during my catchup with similar points to me). Not that I think this is AI, I just agree with what they're saying and could definitely believe based on what I've seen that they genuinely enjoy talking about mech as town.

I also thought the post where they said they were enjoying themselves was pretty towny lol. Death just seemed really excited to talk about mech instead of peddling it to try to get into the game as a wolf.

They're close to null for me rn, definitely a PoE slot but I want to see how they typically play before I come to a full conclusion. They have a couple of redeeming features and comparatively their contributions are much better than PoD's (despite the latter getting much less attention for lack of contribution) but as other people have said the focus solely on mech is wolfy in a vacuum.
    yeah sure gimmie a sec.

Town game, a town game where I didn't get lynched d1 Neutral game, scum game, another scum game
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

42. ISO #192

43. ISO #193

it took a long time to figure out what alignment I was for some of these games
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

44. ISO #194

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Vittae do you really think you need scumgames of mine
    Your town game has significantly improved since last time we played and I haven't really seen your wolf play in action since then. I feel like if your town play is consistently like you're playing rn and in the recent town games of yours I specced and your wolf play is like how it was last time we played then it would be a pretty jarring gap so I'm expecting it's changed quite a bit yeah.

47. ISO #197

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Does this indicate he's scum, though? Also, I'm looking at your ISO and cannot say I am exactly impressed - not that I have to be impressed by the first half of D1, but this reaction is quite heavy considering your content level so far. Is there something you see that would indicate people accusing you are scum (as opposed to just people saying things you don't like)?
    I mean I generally vote people to get a better read on them. I voted Vittae and I sorta like his reaction toward my vote, hence why I switch my vote to Lold. They went ahead and voted Vittae after I switched vote. One thing I noticed is that they definitely avoided trying to omgus me.

48. ISO #198

back to rereading thread after going on the wild goose chase that is finding my previous games
    fucketh me in the ass

49. ISO #199

50. ISO #200

Let's call it the Gambit of the Renegade : refusing to explain and avoid telling anyone what you think. Because that's what I recall renegade (not) doing

Maybe gambit isn't the proper term ?

Yeah well I don't know for you but I have little use of emotions that can be faked as easily as that.

Meh, I guess that post about ikarus probably isn't that easy to fake, though. Still, I don't know what do you with it so it doesn't add to my "content" pile.
    Exactly what is considered "content" for you? I feel like there are a lot of contents so far. Do you consider extremely long posts someone being super analytic considered "content" while short posts like these aren't?