[Mechanics] Compilation of Bugs as of 05/2023
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Compilation of Bugs as of 05/2023

@Frinckles

I compiled a list of bugs currently in the game, and sorted them into different priorities based on their impact on the game.

1st Priority (High impact):
    * Quick start exploit (launch Chaos then switch to other setups for faster launch time)
    * Tie breaker bugs (Electro lose 1v1 against Town) : 1 2
    * Constable spawn issue (Constable spawns in TR / AR even tho Gov is excluded, often leads to 2 Town Govs) : 1
    * Judge cooldown bug (1 day between cooldown doesn't work) : 1
    * Judge can court twice in a single day (type -court then press the Court button)
    * Marshall can -lynch twice in a single day
    * Some Standard setups use Ballot Trial
    * Lover can love again after being jailed N1 and auto-loving the Jailor

2nd Priority (Med impact):
    * Role card inaccurate info (e.g. SR role card says "drift 2x" but actual is 4x, see below)
    * Enchantress repel bug (Enchantress feedback is bugged where "You lured X and repelled Y" shows the Enchantress herself as "Y". In attached replay, Enchantress repels Constable N1 and Investigator N2, and both times the message shows she repelled herself)

Low Priority (Low impact):
    * Role card typos (see below)
    * Execution animation glitches (see below)

Role Card Inaccuracies:
    * Street Racer: "Special Attributes: You may go drifting 2 times" regardless of what the number of drifts is set to.
    * Diva/Actress : "Choose a target at night to copy and learn their role" regardless of whether "Learn's target role" is ON or OFF

Role Card Typos:
    * Lover : "If either of you are killer" --> "If either of you are killed"
    * Electro: "You are not night Immune" --> "night immune"? Or perhaps this statement doesn't have to be there at all.
    * 49er : "You can not extort" --> "cannot"
    * Diva/Actress : "You will not learn your targets role" --> "target's role"
    * Diva/Actress : "...copy and learn their role, if you are killed at night..." --> "...copy and learn their role. If you are killed at night..."
    * Diva/Actress : "Your will learn your target's role" --> "You will learn"
    * Armorsmith : "choose one players" --> "choose one player"
    * Oracle : "who's role" --> "whose role"
    * Crier : "Can speak as Crier at day" --> "Can speak as Crier during the day"
    * Arsonist/Enchantress/Diva/Actress : New settings are in all caps, e.g. "Learn Target's Role - ON/OFF" instead of "Learn target's role - ON/OFF"

Execution Animation Glitches:
    * Firing Squad : Marines shoot nearby units instead of the executed player
    * Mob : Players wander off in the middle of beating the executed player and don't return to their proper places afterwards
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Exeter350; May 10th, 2023 at 09:32 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

2. ISO #2

Re: Compilation of Bugs as of 02/2023

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    @Frinckles

I compiled a list of bugs currently in the game, and sorted them into different priorities based on their impact on the game.

1st Priority:
    * Quick start exploit (launch Chaos then switch to other setups for faster launch time)
    * Constable spawn issue (Constable spawns in TR / AR even tho Gov is excluded, often leads to 2 Town Govs) : 1

2nd Priority:
    * Role card inaccurate info (e.g. SR role card says "drift 2x" but actual is 4x)
    * Role card typos
    * Enchantress repel bug (Enchantress sometimes receives the "You have been repelled" message)
    can you elaborate on those last 2 things? which typos and also probably need at least a replay of the enchantress bug otherwise idk how he'd fix
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Sorry, yesterday was a busy day. I've updated the original post with a list of typos and inaccuracies.

I also added a few new bugs to the list:
    * Judge can court twice in the same day
    * Standard 933 Mafia uses Ballot trial
    * Execution animation bugs

Also added a replay for the Enchantress repel bug.
    Last edited by Exeter350; February 21st, 2023 at 02:13 AM.

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

I added a new bug and replay as reported by Mr. Mostache.

Marshall can activate group lynch twice within a single day.
    That's an old bug. judge can court twice and mayor can reveal twice too if i remember correctly
    Last edited by Tauntshaman; February 27th, 2023 at 10:52 PM.
    the Jester Leader

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I can provide a replay of the lover multiple button issue. I'd actually like to test it as well to see if both loved targets actually die.
    We don't have a live test version to pass things to anymore but maybe we will. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are certain things I cannot reliably bugfix without help so, ill hit anyone up on the discord for that.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Via ren: if lover is jailed, they auto love the jailor, but say n2 they still have a button
    Can confirm. Source: I'm the lover.

Added to the list and attached replay.

Are there patch notes for Lover somewhere?
    I seem to recall in the past they must pick a target on N1 or automatically die from heartbreak.
    Is this still how it works?
    Last edited by Exeter350; March 2nd, 2023 at 09:22 PM.

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Re: Compilation of Bugs as of 05/2023

@Frinckles

1st Priority (High impact):
    * Judge can court twice in a single day (type -court then press the Court button)
    * Marshall can -lynch twice in a single day
    * Some Standard setups use Ballot Trial
    * Lover can love again after being jailed N1 and auto-loving the Jailor

2nd Priority (Med impact):
    * Role card inaccurate info (e.g. SR role card says "drift 2x" but actual is 4x, see below)
    * Enchantress repel bug (Enchantress feedback is bugged where "You lured X and repelled Y" shows the Enchantress herself as "Y". In attached replay, Enchantress repels Constable N1 and Investigator N2, and both times the message shows she repelled herself)

Low Priority (Low impact):
    * Role card typos (see below)
    * Execution animation glitches (see below)

Role Card Inaccuracies:
    * Street Racer: "Special Attributes: You may go drifting 2 times" regardless of what the number of drifts is set to.
    * Diva/Actress : "Choose a target at night to copy and learn their role" regardless of whether "Learn's target role" is ON or OFF

Role Card Typos:
    * Lover : "If either of you are killer" --> "If either of you are killed"
    * Electro: "You are not night Immune" --> "night immune"? Or perhaps this statement doesn't have to be there at all.
    * 49er : "You can not extort" --> "cannot"
    * Diva/Actress : "You will not learn your targets role" --> "target's role"
    * Diva/Actress : "...copy and learn their role, if you are killed at night..." --> "...copy and learn their role. If you are killed at night..."
    * Diva/Actress : "Your will learn your target's role" --> "You will learn"
    * Armorsmith : "choose one players" --> "choose one player"
    * Oracle : "who's role" --> "whose role"
    * Crier : "Can speak as Crier at day" --> "Can speak as Crier during the day"
    * Arsonist/Enchantress/Diva/Actress : New settings are in all caps, e.g. "Learn Target's Role - ON/OFF" instead of "Learn target's role - ON/OFF"

Execution Animation Glitches:
    * Firing Squad : Marines shoot nearby units instead of the executed player
    * Mob : Players wander off in the middle of beating the executed player and don't return to their proper places afterwards
    I would like to add a few bugs to this list
    1.The 49er makes the arsonist lose its ability no matter what, likely due to the arson undousing itself if it takes no action.
    2. Cultist leader can appy to a starting witch doctor for some reason even though its a setting that should only apply to a cultist.
    3. Cultist will not appear in the role list even if witch doctor is possible, but cultist is at 0. Citizen still appears at 0 if an auditor is possible for reference.
    4. Lover says it can love on any night it chooses, but is unable to love after night 3 and heartbreaker/swinger can only love on n1 which conflicts with its tooltip and makes these roles nigh unusable if you receive them from being an amnesiac or a capo.
    5. Similar to 3. on this list mafia roles that are possible due to a capo conversion do not appear in the role list if they are at 0 even though they can be in the game.
    6. If cultist is excluded on the neutral random in a save it also applies to the neutral evil even if cultist is not excluded in the neutral evil roles, this also applles to witch doctor.

There are probably more bugs that I am forgetting to mention as well as roles/mechanics that need changing such as lover being very weak, but I hope this list helps some.

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16