S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game - Page 19
Register

User Tag List

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #901

Re: S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

I'll take ewian > clowns > Jelly at this point (I think Martin's point shows there's some additional info a clowns lynch gets us, and their ISO doesn't point to an improvement since D1)

-vote ewian
    for earlier reasons. I think we can get a more solid read on jelly by D3.
    You can also call me Mark | he/him

Hypixel Mafia gaslighter-in-chief

2. ISO #902

Quote Originally Posted by Aporia View Post
    Honestly I vastly prefer it when people don't even try to metaread me
    I haven't really paid attention to the metareads

but I consistent find you to be lean-town to null, depending on the worldview that I try to construct

also your vote on deathworlds I have a hard time finding scum doing
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

3. ISO #903

I don't see anything in Jelly's posts that indicate she's >rand scum. I'm more leaning towards the position that scumreading deathworld for setup spec is wrong now though.
    First post where he believes I am not scum
    Also hey, if you wanna lynch me, it's Aporia, not Aphoria. Let's try not to turn the next lynch into something like Jelly's wagon, shall we?

This thought didn't get posted D1, but - I really find this read scummy. I personally felt a bit stupid scumreading deathworld for that setup spec when it became clear there expectation around # of neuts was reasonable within sc2 games (and, at least tonereading jmw as well, they changed their mind pretty quick when they read the sc2 room, so to speak) so Jelly still seeing TMI here feels less reasonable and more like a fake scum read to me. I also disagree with the "seems like a way to look like contributing" bit since setup spec is a reasonable form of contribution and I don't see evidence that the analysis was faked. Not super useful, but within reasonable bounds for RVS.
    Then he progresses to me being scum, reasonable given my points
    Last post of the night - I buy a Jelly/Clown scumteam; them claiming to be in a chat with each other is a ~0 risk play as scum and gets clowns a few town brownie points.
    Could see a scum team
    Like there's part of me that wants to give Ewian a pass for voting Jelly given the circumstances, but they clearly were doing it on their own and not following a herd, so I think they deserve stricter scrutiny for it
    Then dislikes the vote on me from Ewian
    I think there's a few ways to see it.

Context piece 1: Jelly did specifically cite the N0 question as possible TMI, which is fair game IMO

Context piece 2: I ask this question, specifically in the context of the # of neutrals in the game:

And get this answer:

...and the answer just feels fake? IDK, "he was confident that the N0 action was town" is a fair argument but the above answer isn't a specific claim; it's just a vague toneread. IDK, I'm trying to run this logic through out loud and hopefully get jelly to respond and elaborate. I'm not wild about lynching them but they're in my PoE.
    Then says I'm not wild about lynching, but declares I'm in PoE.
    I've seen this argument a couple times and I don't actually like the framing; it IS within place given that I kinda walked out of the room EoD1 with the wrong vote. The issue is that her post is completely devoid of reasoning that clarifies this is why she voted me (unlike, say, jmw)
    Because of the points here.
    In terms of "who do I have substantive reasoning for scumreads", it's Jelly > clowns > ewian. There's some stuff with Frinckles that pinged me wrong but I can't specifically articulate it rn. I also don't really want to lynch Jelly if she's not around. I'll try to cast a vote in an hour or so.
    Then declares that I am his top scum read, but is hesitant to do so.

This is a lot of waffling back and forth, or hesitant votes trying to distance himself from this elimination. I read this as a scum progression.

4. ISO #904

5. ISO #905

6. ISO #906

7. ISO #907

8. ISO #908

9. ISO #909

10. ISO #910

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    could you talk about Bakura more to me

I know you talked about them earlier this day phase a bit but iirc most of that was "oh well D1 stuff"
    I think they've felt nice so far - the spanish post, aside from being annoying to translate - was "staple Bakura" and I think he's been more engaged than I'd expect him to be as scum. It's a combination of "feels good" plus meta, and aside from that nice D1 response it's hard to pin anything down precisely, which is why I knocked him down a peg after Eevee pointed out that my read is a bit stale. I'm not really the best at reading Bakura - my track record for that is pretty poor, so if you disagree and think there are things I'm not considering I'd love to hear them.

11. ISO #911

12. ISO #912

Quote Originally Posted by 10000JellyDoughnuts View Post
    First post where he believes I am not scum

Then he progresses to me being scum, reasonable given my points

Could see a scum team

Then dislikes the vote on me from Ewian

Then says I'm not wild about lynching, but declares I'm in PoE.

Because of the points here.

Then declares that I am his top scum read, but is hesitant to do so.

This is a lot of waffling back and forth, or hesitant votes trying to distance himself from this elimination. I read this as a scum progression.
    I'll be honest, I don't get why you're more inclined to read this as "scum hesitant votes" than a townie hesitant to vote because of capital-U Uncertainty. I am skeptical that any townie here is that confident in their reads, and I don't like that you're projecting a town meta of confidence onto me!

13. ISO #913

14. ISO #914

I'll be honest, I don't get why you're more inclined to read this as "scum hesitant votes" than a townie hesitant to vote because of capital-U Uncertainty. I am skeptical that any townie here is that confident in their reads, and I don't like that you're projecting a town meta of confidence onto me!
    I'm not. I am saying this is a lot of waffling. I think it's scum motivated, however, I am just pointing out how it is for everyone else who didn't notice this.

15. ISO #915

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    I think they've felt nice so far - the spanish post, aside from being annoying to translate - was "staple Bakura" and I think he's been more engaged than I'd expect him to be as scum. It's a combination of "feels good" plus meta, and aside from that nice D1 response it's hard to pin anything down precisely, which is why I knocked him down a peg after Eevee pointed out that my read is a bit stale. I'm not really the best at reading Bakura - my track record for that is pretty poor, so if you disagree and think there are things I'm not considering I'd love to hear them.
    I don't get in what worldview they have that specific read of the hydra though lol. Maybe in a different hyda with higher D1 conflict? Might be worth reading a clowns ISO from bakura's pov, idk

16. ISO #916

17. ISO #917

I don't get in what worldview they have that specific read of the hydra though lol. Maybe in a different hyda with higher D1 conflict? Might be worth reading a clowns ISO from bakura's pov, idk
    There's not much in an ISO from Clowns. What I suspect is from our chat, where I grilled them for a solid 20 messages

18. ISO #918

I'm not. I am saying this is a lot of waffling. I think it's scum motivated, however, I am just pointing out how it is for everyone else who didn't notice this.
    Isn't this inconsistent with:
    Frinckles is very suspicious with his voting power, and if it were between me and him... obviously him.

Oliverz is a tough read, I do not see anything that pings him as scum in my opinion. Let me go find your post about your question, I'll be happy to answer.

I don't know what you mean there.

Yea sure. This sort of behavior reminds me of his game as Cult Leader on HPM. He's usually more aggressive than this, and I think he's wanting to slip under the radar.

19. ISO #919

20. ISO #920

21. ISO #921

I'll be updating my LW for anyone to follow.

In case I get shot tonight.

Which, by the way, WRITE A LAST WILL MESSAGE >:C.

Last game we had those, practically only 30-40% of ppl took advantage of it.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

22. ISO #922

23. ISO #923

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I'm kind of with aporia on that one @jmw

this buddy buddy shit involving bakura that bakura said he'd prefer people not do but people do it anyway to bakura about bakuras meta needs to stop.
    Can you clarify what you're talking about here?

I don't really understand what you're talking about if I'm being honest

24. ISO #924

Isn't this inconsistent with:
    No, both make sense to me. I shall elaborate more soon, provided I live.

-vote ewianking
    self-pres

25. ISO #925

26. ISO #926

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    I got a good tone vibe on bakura but aren't we supposed to be judging on his merits or some shit
    I am taking into account what he's done, which has ranged from good to okay so far.
    Hence why I referenced the spanish post in particular.

As for his read on Clowns, I don't remember it in full detail, so I will go look in a sec

27. ISO #927

28. ISO #928

Hypixel Mafia - SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Night 2

Vote Counts
    Ewianking (5 [L-2]):
    10000JellyDoughnuts, MartinGG99, jmw, Frinckles, Aporia

10000JellyDoughnuts (5 [L-2]):
    Marshmallow Marshall, Ashoka Tano, ewianking, Mreevee, Bakura1

Marshmallow Marshall (1 [L-6]):
    oliverz144

Ties were randomized.
    ewianking has been executed.

Their Flip
    Spoiler : Flip :
    You will be playing as The Pig King.

King of the pigs; master of the blade.

PASSIVE ABILITIES:

These abilities are always in effect. You do not have to do anything to use them.

) Voices - You hear voices at the start of every day phase. You know nothing about the origin of these voices.
    ) The Blade Never Dies! - You own a bunch of totems of undying. You will revive immediately upon being killed by an action. This will be announced to the thread, but you will not have your role or alignment revealed.

ACTIVE ABILITIES:

These abilities require an action submission in some form or another.

) The Art of War - Quote something publicly from Sun Tzu’s “Art of War” during the day, and you will receive an ability based off of it to use for the next night. You must link the post where you publicly quote the Art of War here in your role PM to receive the ability. Your quote must be a coherent quote. Can not be done alongside the "Farm Potatoes" ability.
    ) Farm Potatoes - During the night, you may farm potatoes. This has unknown effects. This cannot be done alongside the "Art of War" ability.
    ) Dropkick - Twice per game during the night, you may dropkick anyone that visits you. In self defense, of course. They will not die from this, but their actions will not proceed that night, and if it is an X-shot ability, they will lose that shot. You may do this alongside any other actions.

You win when either you or the voices are satisfied, and you are alive to see it happen.

Their Last Will
    Spoiler : Last Will :

In the case I ever get lynched I must say that if I do die by a lynch I should know about it. Anyways I was not lying when I said I am Technoblade. That is literally my role. Or by the official name: The Pig King. At the time of writing this d1, I will have no idea what I have revealed of my role. I also have no clue how I’m going to win. I just want to make it however I play to be worthy of carrying the title. After all, I deeply respect Techno, so having a role based on him feels like I should live up to it. I also have no clue if I’m supposed to be an evil or good neutral. XDDDDDDDDDDD. Anyways this will be my last will if I die day 1 though I suppose you will see what happens / what I typed if I die.Day 2- the main reason I will be withholding information is due to me not knowing my true neutrality.Ok I finally figured out smth, how the voices work Basically I’m some sort of shy child? I think it’s called? I can see bits of scum chat and ghost chat or any other night chat. I also think I have two ways to win, one of which is to satisfy myself(?) or the other way being to follow bloodlust and listen to the voices(basically a executioner)In the case I do not have time to expose anything I learn, I’m trying to side with town here even tho I’m not even sure of my true alignment. I am 90% on n2, either jmw targeted mm with an action, mm targeted jmw with an action, or scum targeted scum with an actionI don’t know if this is allowed but if it isn’t ignore it: one of the msgs I received was hola, I would look into people who use that phrase . Someone said I won’t let it get smth far once more so dunno what it meansSeems like there was an explaination because someone said smth made senseI’m assuming this msg is a ghost because they were like: I HaVE BECOME FREe of EARTH or smthScum chat: what’s up my scum mates in arms as in more than one so there is 3 or moreWant to have my fruit, is a phrase only from a fruit vendor .this Could come from the jmw mm or scum chat
    Someone said they got Todd howarded?someone said they would blend their shoe and consume it (I don’t know who tf posted this but it is funny)I am 99% sure this comes from the jmw mm chatDeathproof suicidal town alt Sure they will mention smth by eod3Paraphrasing , let’s create an alliance I will coach and protect you, we vote together, join me and town will be shaken and destroyedSomeone will claim hider A scum did not show up for day startThis elims MartinEeveeDrizzt MeAnd clowns from being mafia A.

The original post has also been updated.

Players Alive Graveyard
    @Aporia
    @Mreevee
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Bakura1
    @oliverz144
    @Drizzt
    @jmw
    @TheClowns
    @10000JellyDoughnuts
    @Frinckles
    @MartinGG99
    @Ashoka Tano

deathworlds

Tauntshaman
    ewianking

Night 2 Ends at 9 PM EST on Sunday September 4th

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Night action deadline is 1 hour before SoD

29. ISO #929

30. ISO #930

31. ISO #931

Hypixel Mafia - SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Day 3

MrEevee has died!

Their Flip
    Spoiler : Flip :

You will be playing as the Town Upgrader

As the Upgrader, you may target one player every night, upgrading their role into a stronger version. You cannot upgrade a single individual more than once.

Additionally, you have a unique place in the OOO. Your action will take place before kills, but the upgrade will not take effect until SoD. This means that even if you die, your upgrade will still go through, however, people who are upgraded do not get to use their upgraded ability the night you upgrade them.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The original post has also been updated.

Players Alive Graveyard
    @Stealthbomber16
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Bakura1
    @oliverz144
    @Snom_
    @jmw
    @TheClowns
    @10000JellyDoughnuts
    @Frinckles
    @MartinGG99
    @Ashoka Tano

deathworlds
    Tauntshaman
    ewianking
    MrEevee

Day 3 Ends at 9 PM EST on Tuesday September 6th

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

All role abilities have been re-enabled. You may now submit actions as you normally would.

Day Action Deadline is exactly at 7 PM. Timestamps of 6:59 are accepted. Timestamps of 7:00 are not.

Early hammers affect the day action deadline accordingly.

11 Players Remain. 6 votes to hammer.
    7 votes to hammer.

32. ISO #932

I need everyone to justify their townread on Ashoka Tano for me. That slot feels horrible to me. I feel like you’re letting a scum architect run free.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

33. ISO #933

With that said

-vote TheClowns

I’m fully caught up and I have a very solid idea of a 3 man scum core right now. This is where I’m going to begin, and we’ll get to the other two as we go.

34. ISO #934

Oh! Hi! I’m stealth/SB!

Those of you who played in ?KRC will know me as Chad Knight. Everyone else, I’m a very cocky, overconfident player who takes too much pride in my gameplay. I think I’ve won 3/5 of my last games and of those games the ones that I won I was the winner of an MVP vote if one existed? That sounds correct.

Scum should kill me. I am not going to be subtle. I intend to be in this game for one day. If you choose to keep me past that, then you have to deal with me having night actions and that’s just not worth it for you.

35. ISO #935

36. ISO #936

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I need everyone to justify their townread on Ashoka Tano for me. That slot feels horrible to me. I feel like you’re letting a scum architect run free.
    I had a strong town-read on them for their rather unusual and sudden d1 play imo

Though its lessened a bit now since I realized last night Ashoka had to "confirm" the upgrade after they had already said if there was an early hammer there would be a chat of just me + jmw.

Regardless though, they claimed the upgrade meant they can now do three-people chats. Ideally, all we have to do is wait a day-phase to test that, as its a day-phase action and occurs during the night.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

37. ISO #937

38. ISO #938

part of my LW:

Gun-To-Head (force a good/bad guess) feelings as of p#928:

Ashoka Tano = Good
    jmw = Good
    Bakura = Bad
    Drizzt = Good -- For better or worse (probably worse for town) Drizzt has effectively missed two ties now. --
    Aporia/Stealthbomber16 = Good
    Frinckles = Bad
    oliverz = Bad
    Marshmallow Marshall = Good
    mreevee = Good
    Jelly = Bad
    Clowns = I don't freaking know

Sidenote:

Paraphrasing , let’s create an alliance I will coach and protect you, we vote together, join me and town will be shaken and destroyed
    If what ewian's LW said is true: There are few people who would do this arrogant use of "shaken and destroyed" imo. I don't know about the word "coaching" though, as I've almost never encountered it being used in all my 30-40 games of Forum Mafia. Without making a wall-post, it probably would have to be Frinckles, Bakura, or whoever Bakura had that chat with.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #939

40. ISO #940

41. ISO #941

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    Can you clarify what you're talking about here?

I don't really understand what you're talking about if I'm being honest
    @jmw

I think he was, in part, referring to these two quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post
    Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post
    Saying that I'm in my meta has the same feel as saying Mercury's in retrograde at this point in my life
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

42. ISO #942

43. ISO #943

44. ISO #944

45. ISO #945

Well that sucks. Have to wait for @Lumi then because those commands/codes to fix the vote-count only listen to the person who created the OP (p#1).

Current vote-count, as of this post, SHOULD be this:

TheClowns (2 [L-4]):
    MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #946

47. ISO #947

48. ISO #948

49. ISO #949

50. ISO #950