Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #201

2. ISO #202

3. ISO #203

4. ISO #204

Re: S-FM 345: Hypixel-SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Quote Originally Posted by jmw View Post
    here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?
    Jmw you are someone I know+ used this site before
    How accurate is the (members viewing this thread) is? Cuz taunt has been viewing this thread nearly every time I hopped on xd
    I write lore

5. ISO #205

Hmm. I'd like to hear more from
    Aporia
    oliverz144
    Tauntshaman
    TheClowns
    10000JellyDoughnuts
    and
    Ashoka Tano.
    They all have around 5ish posts.

What stands out to me is tauntshaman's made three posts, and all three of them revolve around "leads"

Quote Originally Posted by Tauntshaman View Post
    And the reason behind you having a preference between today's tribute, without anyone saying any result from night 0's investigation is...?
    been a day and no actual leads so...
    I will -vote the lurker

-vote Bakura1
    for now
    anyone want to share leads? why did we start voting immediately?
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

6. ISO #206

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Depends on what counts as "serious"; if you mean by me reading their slot seriously and w/ in-depth consideration then I have a bunch

But if you mean by a read where I have some level of confidence in (outside of "idc if they die") then that's a few players (MM, Drizzt, you, deathworlds)
    Where am i?
    You don't care about me?
    Praise the Lord!

7. ISO #207

Quote Originally Posted by 10000JellyDoughnuts View Post
    Not necessarily. I'm wondering why Deathworlds thinks that it must be town that had the N0 check. It reads like too much information to me. Someone probably did have a n0 check, as there was the announcement, but I'm not sure why he seemed so certain about it being town.

It is not standard on HPM.
    What announcement?
    (Also yeah abt that hpm thingy l
    Praise the Lord!

8. ISO #208

Also Martin if you're still here can you talk to me about MM since you said that's one of the slots you've got a better grasp on right now?
    There's this thing, in past games, where MM has a distinctive look about him where he emphasizes certain points while still being himself in sometimes silly ways. Here's a few examples I can pull from his town games:

(these are from the archives where you can't quote to reply - links will be shared next to them to show where I got them)

Quote Originally Posted by Town MM
    Quote Originally Posted by another person
    I hate RVS and would rather talk strategy. I guess I'll reread the setup, since I just skimmed it.

Also a couple of things:
    First, don't burn yourself out and/or have unrealistic expectations for people's contributions. There's a difference between a lurking scum, and someone who is making good posts, but not talking a lot. So when you are frustrated with the lack of contribution at 3am PST, get a grip, and reread/summarize the game instead of asking "wHeRe Is EvErYoNe? DeAd GaMe!!!!". It'll help you, and help those not able to spend 25/8 on the forums.

Second, since we're playing with the ARCANE early hammer system, I will refuse to vote until end of game. You can assume that whoever I put first in my "vote order bird vote" list is the person I'd vote for. Don't like it? Vote me, petition the host to change it, or bite me.

Gotta say I like oliverz here on the Lag meta read.
    Refusing to use the tool to put pressure on people and generate information that way is a little dumb, tbh. I will go with the option "biting you", since this is not AI, it's just sad and suboptimal.

Also, WHERE IS EVERYONE?!! : ]
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post950454

It is I, the town leader of this town.
    You can call me Mr. Chairman
    I shall and will give town the salvation it needed!

We must learn to look at problems all-sidedly, seeing the reverse as well as the obverse side of things.
    In given conditions, a bad thing can lead to good results and a good thing to bad results.
    I almost want to say that you're towny by meta for this, considering your last game as Mayor in Once Upon a Town in the West. But seriously, please drop it. I was scum, and I can say you were a blessing for us because you distracted everyone. Please integrate thoughtful content in your posts. Else, you will be deemed lazy and antipatriotic, and will thus be sent to the nearest gulag. Thank you.
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...455#post950455

I think this is, frustratingly, NAI for PQ.
    RVS IS GOOD
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post964539

Compare these, which all have happened on a d1 in various games iirc, to what MM has posted so far:

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Leads are mainly acquired through day chat - and to first generate them, randomly voting people on D1 is a well-liked strategy, since it eventually leads to serious discussions; you'll see.

As for you, Bakura: if you are that surprised not to see random stuff, noone stops you
    -vote Bakura1
    Deep indigo
    And yes, I seriously have a favorite color, despite not being 5
    yours is definetly light blue, considering your avatar
    and you have no right to deny it

Are you scum, town, or something inbetween? Do you believe an inbetween exists?
    It is the color of deep pondering and of the clouds in the sunset. There is no cowardice in such admirable things!

And ok, I can accept purple as well, I guess ;). You still haven't answered my question, though.
    So you are scum, town, and inbetween all at once? Hmm... I think my vote stays for now

Besides, kings and emperors have passed away, but sunsets and knowledge have remained...
    The posts here feel like they're more there for silly reasons or just personality quirks rather than anything else. There aren't really any clear points to them, but it feels like MM is trying to express how he normally is. That's fine, as d1s can be off and silly and be all RVS but it seems like he is in this odd spot of trying to solve but not actually solve. Like, seriously, the majority of this post (which is too large to quote) is just laughter and smiles but has a side comment about Bakura (again, for like the 6th or whatever time by now).

Later, this is his response to me asking how he plans to solve (and I specifically referred to the space invades, implying people such as Bakura):

By doing what I am doing right now xD
    Speaking of which, I don't believe setup speculation in a non-bastard game that does not seem to have any specific lore to solve or whatever is productive, at least not until we get some flips (looking at what Deathworlds has been doing rn, and I think it's basically thin air; not sure what his intent for doing it is).
    It's just....vague? Like I feel like there is hardly any passion or silliness in it. It's off, especially when I don't think he has made clear points nor really tried to emphasize some points in his usual style so far. Especially not about Bakura, and if MM is referring to Bakura's response to him about his alignment, just about anyone can see the (very) reasonable doubt to be given just because it was the rvs stage. So I don't get what MM is referring to here specifically unless he's hoping his expressive personality will fool people into thinking he is town and that there's nothing wrong with him.

I'm not sure if you all can see what I see, but I feel like the posts MM have made so far are different than ones in his past town games.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

9. ISO #209

10. ISO #210

Quote Originally Posted by Bakura1 View Post
    Ngl I'm noticing that Oliver's a lot more tame on this site

I also never realized how much our games back at HPM ran like a well-oiled machine. I came up with the words to express this earlier and then forgot, but basically we just usually got a lot more done by this point. The game progresses a lot quicker and smoother. That might just be because we all know each other's meta's though. I wonder if entire games could have a meta if everyone at least generally knows each other's metas.

@Tauntshaman what are you on about

Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.

Did you try

That's what everyone says about you.

Could it be because there are a lot of new people and he's adjusting his personality because of that?

Well that and I also found this totally poggers youtube channel called YourBoySponge that has some great rap so I was listening to that for like an hour so the rhymes just came easily to me.
    Mm + bakura scum team
    Log that
    Praise the Lord!

11. ISO #211

12. ISO #212

Quote Originally Posted by ewianking View Post
    Jmw you are someone I know+ used this site before
    How accurate is the (members viewing this thread) is? Cuz taunt has been viewing this thread nearly every time I hopped on xd
    Many have a pc running always or a phone
    With the site open
    It shouldnt be that... key solving
    Especially since many have lurker mode enabled
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    Mm + bakura scum team
    Log that
    Praise the Lord!

13. ISO #213

14. ISO #214

15. ISO #215

here's where I'm at right now
    top is townier bottom is scummier and middle is a huge null pile, not sorted in tiers

MartinGG99
    Tauntshaman
    Bakura1

deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Frinckles
    Aporia
    Mreevee
    Drizzt
    ewianking
    TheClowns
    Ashoka Tano

oliverz144

10000JellyDoughnuts

kinda sad that I don't have a good read on half the game but just uni things I guess lmao

misc notes:
    - gut SR on Jelly, I did not like her opener. I've been poking for reactions from her and the reaction to my vote is fine but I want to see more from her
    - slight sus on Oliver for linking a scum game when asked for towngames, since it sends a message of "I'm not playing like I did as scum" rather than "I'm playing like a townie as you can see here". I'd expect the former to be a wolf's early gameplan (play differently than usual) and the latter to be a more villagery way of thinking.
    - Bakura's p#89 reads like a callout of me incorrectly scumreading him last game and I think it's a good look, since S!Bakura usually thinks reasons used to scumread him are BS and I wouldn't expect him to call his own play wolfy
    - Tauntshaman's posts read like a new townie, if they're newer to forum mafia I think they're probably town. I think the vibes they give would be hard to intentionally give off as mafia
    - very strong gut feel that Martin is town, I've liked basically all of their posts
    - good feel about Aporia's posts, GTH town but he hasn't posted anything he couldn't as scum
    - I thought I played with MM before (in Ice Cream Teams?) and they were playing quite differently here but I took a look at that this morning and it doesn't look like the Marshal there is the same person?
    You know ive done that b4.
    Discussion is going and thats very good.
    Would love some explanation for jellly? Top sr and no explanation?!
    Praise the Lord!

16. ISO #216

Many have a pc running always or a phone
    With the site open
    It shouldnt be that... key solving
    Especially since many have lurker mode enabled
    guess I can’t use that for looking into activity/ lurkiness
    I write lore

17. ISO #217

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Ah hell yeah. Forsaken Bones. I was Mr. Bones lmao
    I think one of you was poisoned
    And i was scum
    And healed one of you with astral antidote
    The frog one i think.
    And we had like 5k replies
    I outposted pqr
    Wow this was so funny
    And awful
    Praise the Lord!

18. ISO #218

Did you try

I meant it more-so that generally when I make a lot of posts, its because I've made a proportional amount of progress. I still feel (though to a lesser degree now) like I've made less than expected progress.

Could it be because there are a lot of new people and he's adjusting his personality because of that?
    It could, but I highly doubt it. MM has been in the FM world for years, and I would figure that if you were dead-set on figuring out the new people you would interact with more than just one of them (you).
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

19. ISO #219

20. ISO #220

21. ISO #221

22. ISO #222

guess I can’t use that for looking into activity/ lurkiness
    It probably would also be considered angle-shooting by the hosts, or at least some of them.

You can only use what's posted in the forum or otherwise in the game as a sign of activity. You technically could use the "Who's viewing this thread" thing, but never ever bring it up.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

23. ISO #223

24. ISO #224

25. ISO #225

26. ISO #226

27. ISO #227

It probably would also be considered angle-shooting by the hosts, or at least some of them.

You can only use what's posted in the forum or otherwise in the game as a sign of activity. You technically could use the "Who's viewing this thread" thing, but never ever bring it up.
    Is that not allowed on here? Its normally fine on hypixel altho we dont rlly do it

28. ISO #228

29. ISO #229

Wish there was a useful reaction xd thanks
    I write lore

30. ISO #230

Quote Originally Posted by Mreevee View Post
    Whats the vc
    TheClowns (2 [L-6]):
    ewianking, deathworlds
    Marshmallow Marshall (2 [L-6]):
    oliverz144, MartinGG99
    Frinckles (1 [L-7]):
    Mreevee
    Bakura1 (2 [L-6]):
    Marshmallow Marshall, Tauntshaman
    ewianking (1 [L-7]):
    Frinckles
    I write lore

31. ISO #231

Yes it got worse for weird callout of jelly "pr hunting"
    Im not sure why you insist it couldnt have been but honestly I just wanted to hear from Jelly and get more from that slot. I think may have been doing the same thing with DW because the TMI implication seems weird to me.

Why is it a good vote?
    Lack of engagement and tone. Some other stuff too.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

32. ISO #232

33. ISO #233

Reactions sound cool. Wish we had them tbh, depending on how they are implemented.
    We have a like, agree , useful, creative , hype train, dislike and disagree on hypixel
    Made it easier for when you had not much time to reply
    I write lore

34. ISO #234

35. ISO #235

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    Hypixel Mafia - SC2Mafia Cross Community Game

Day 1

Day 1 Ends at 9 PM EST on Wednesday August 31st
    [Countdown Timers Cannot be Quoted from Other Posts]

Day Action Deadline is exactly at 7 PM EST. Timestamps of 6:59 are accepted. Timestamps of 7:00 are not.

Early hammers affect the day action deadline accordingly.

Plurality+Majority Hammer
    15 Players Remain. 8 votes to hammer.
    8 votes to hammer.
    Oh we have 3 hours oli is right Hpm Special is probably unavoidable at this rate
    I write lore

36. ISO #236

37. ISO #237

-vote Bakura1

I think I'm fine with this for now
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

38. ISO #238

What does that mean? Town Takeover? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I forgot the og term we used before we decided we wanted a term specific to our community but it’s basically us panicking on where to vote so the votes are rushed
    I write lore

39. ISO #239

40. ISO #240

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Anywho time to do some setup analysis I guess, canny do a whole lot else right now with what we got.

We have fifteen players.

Scum cannot daychat.

2/10 on the bastard scale, so we're not seeing anything too wacky, I'd say expect roles taken directly from the mafiascum wiki, with minor adjustments to fit the flavor of either hypixel or sc2mafia setups.

At least one anti-town faction (scum)

Everyone is a TPR or have some button to press or has some sort of passive ability. (I actually didn't catch this until just now)

So what I'm currently expecting is a single scum faction (comprised of 3-4 individuals), with 1-2 true neutrals and 1-2 evil/killing neutrals. Alternatively we may exist in a universe with two scum factions comprised of 2-3 players each, with fewer neutrals to go along with that.

I know setup discussion doesn't really help us decide who to lynch but it's worth keeping in mind. I for one, am particularly glad that we don't have to deal with day-chatting scum, which piloted by experienced players, cMost an run circles around us easily.
    Most of this reasoning seems fine and sane, but IMO overrated the number of neutrals. I don't want to read too much into it because I'm not familiar with sc2 games, but on Hypixel I'd find this a bit weird speculation and question if there's TMI.

I'd be more confident if I had host meta on all four of the hosts, but I'm assuming that Gikkle and Lumi are the primary setup creators. I don't expect anything too wacky, but I'm thinking that almost everyone has a button to press at least once, but standard balancing rules seem to apply here, or at least mostly apply. Scum and town should have roughly the same mechanical power level, town's ability to prevent kills should match scum's ability to kill.

In hindsight, because town has more roles with abilities than scum does, then maybe even more town roles are "-" than I originally thought.
    Re: mod meta - If Gikkle was heavily involved, you can probably expect a few "creative" twists throughout.

I’ve been right 90% of the time on bakura it’s usually paranoia that just makes me change my mind
    You'll forgive me for still being skeptical lol

People get pretty lazy reading him
    Thank you. This is what I've been asking for ages. Ever since I can remember, it's always just, "Bakura's meta town and I won't evaluate him further than D1." I don't want the "most obvious towny" award. My reads are in line and often accurate, just like last game. But literally nobody even approached me about my Kylo read and he ended up coasting through endgame.
    I mean tbf you often defend yourself with meta : P
    That's what I'm feeling right now too. It's a bit awkward, I could be making some meta reads right now based off of the people from this site, but I'd be at a complete loss for the Hypixel players. Additionally this day has seemed particularly uneventful; by now we'd have a few competing trains going on and we'd get some lovely, lovely interactions between all the players that can be used to look for sussy interactions/lack of interactions. But no, we don't have any of that, and I can't just read half of the players and discount the other half. Bah, later I'll just make a list of people who I think are pro-town vs anti-town based off of the fundamentals
    I'm inclined to give deathworld and bakura a very light townread for being upfront about about the lack of game progression/reads at this state in the day. s!Bakura in particular would probably face more internal pressure to give some fake reads to fit their notion of what a "townie" player looks like.
    You can also call me Mark | he/him

Hypixel Mafia gaslighter-in-chief

41. ISO #241

42. ISO #242

43. ISO #243

44. ISO #244

Why? Dont you have any actusl srs? This feels like u dont care where the lynch ends up
    Well I do care, it's just that I can't be bothered to invent reads when I don't have anything concrete to go off of, so right now i'm sheeping an option that hasn't really done much outside of poke a few people in his opening few posts.
    fucketh me in the ass

45. ISO #245

Quote Originally Posted by Aporia View Post
    Most of this reasoning seems fine and sane, but IMO overrated the number of neutrals. I don't want to read too much into it because I'm not familiar with sc2 games, but on Hypixel I'd find this a bit weird speculation and question if there's TMI.
    I do this with every single setup I play in, it's NAI, I just like to try and see if I can figure out the setup before everyone else does, makes me feel smart
    fucketh me in the ass

46. ISO #246

47. ISO #247

summarily

Deathworlds = I feel like this guy has good enough tone and energy for him to be town for now, but I'm slightly wary of him being capable of pocketing me and I want to re-review this guy sometime in the future.
    I will always pocket you bb
    fucketh me in the ass

48. ISO #248

If youre referring to your vote on aporia i saw at least 3 responses.
    Nah I'm talking about how Aporia didn't respond to it at all but 4-5 others did.

Based off what I see Apor seems like the player to know it was rvs and didn't care, I also don't think scum!apor needs teammates to defend them. Just a disproportionate response.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

49. ISO #249

Hmm not just day 1

Reply quote
    -vote Marshmallow marshall
    Uh... what? Care to explain? Either I'm dumb or this makes zero sense xD.

Also, I realize there are 3 hours left to the day, and my vote on Bakura was RVS, so
    -unvote
    because I absolutely don't feel like lynching him, he's fine for now (no red flags, supposedly in meta).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

50. ISO #250

There's this thing, in past games, where MM has a distinctive look about him where he emphasizes certain points while still being himself in sometimes silly ways. Here's a few examples I can pull from his town games:

(these are from the archives where you can't quote to reply - links will be shared next to them to show where I got them)

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post950454

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...455#post950455

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...l=1#post964539

Compare these, which all have happened on a d1 in various games iirc, to what MM has posted so far:

The posts here feel like they're more there for silly reasons or just personality quirks rather than anything else. There aren't really any clear points to them, but it feels like MM is trying to express how he normally is. That's fine, as d1s can be off and silly and be all RVS but it seems like he is in this odd spot of trying to solve but not actually solve. Like, seriously, the majority of this post (which is too large to quote) is just laughter and smiles but has a side comment about Bakura (again, for like the 6th or whatever time by now).

Later, this is his response to me asking how he plans to solve (and I specifically referred to the space invades, implying people such as Bakura):

It's just....vague? Like I feel like there is hardly any passion or silliness in it. It's off, especially when I don't think he has made clear points nor really tried to emphasize some points in his usual style so far. Especially not about Bakura, and if MM is referring to Bakura's response to him about his alignment, just about anyone can see the (very) reasonable doubt to be given just because it was the rvs stage. So I don't get what MM is referring to here specifically unless he's hoping his expressive personality will fool people into thinking he is town and that there's nothing wrong with him.

I'm not sure if you all can see what I see, but I feel like the posts MM have made so far are different than ones in his past town games.
    This is a very cogent argument. Other SC2 people can say how fair the meta read is (for all I know it could be cherry-picked, heh) but this is pretty well-evidenced and logical argument given the stage of the game. Town points for this slot.
    Im not sure why you insist it couldnt have been but honestly I just wanted to hear from Jelly and get more from that slot. I think may have been doing the same thing with DW because the TMI implication seems weird to me.

Lack of engagement and tone. Some other stuff too.
    Can you elaborate on this "other stuff"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aporia View Post
    Christ I give you a light town lead then I see this post

-vote deathworlds
    Elaboration: on hpm Bakura is very lynchbait-y. I don't really see a good reason for someone else to vote him either. My earlier read on this slot was "nice to see they're not faking reads" but their most recent most is a bit too much "coasting scum".
    You can also call me Mark | he/him

Hypixel Mafia gaslighter-in-chief