User Tag List

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #251

2. ISO #252

Re: S-FM 344 (Ladder): President II

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Lyndon B Johnson View Post
    This pisses me off.

This pisses me off, too.

This is either fine or pretty good, depending on how it develops. Interesting regardless, enough so that I ought to get you outta the null bin. I don't think I'd get that pissed off if stuff came from scum, too.
    May i suggest sitting down on an comfy chair and taking an sip of Earl Grey with Coffee creamer, sugar, and sticking your pinky out while breathing real calm like and thinking of happy things?

3. ISO #253

4. ISO #254

5. ISO #255

6. ISO #256

7. ISO #257

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Abraham Lincoln View Post
    What you got against this Nixon fella JFK?
    He seems like a trustworthy guy i'd lend my money too with good conscience, i'm sure there won't be any big scandals or "gate" surrounding him in the future.
    Not enough content and I don't like how he approached Washington being tr.

8. ISO #258

9. ISO #259

10. ISO #260

11. ISO #261

12. ISO #262

13. ISO #263

14. ISO #264

15. ISO #265

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    I see what you mean, but you're twisting the meaning of "wolf lean" to make it fit objective statistics instead of subjective opinion on one's alignment; everyone whom I do not have a read on is 50/50 to me, even though there very likely are more town than scum in that pool (because it comprises most players, since they have been rather unimpressive). Nice thinking, though, sir.

I am in total agreement with your rejection of activity reads. I will say, though, that JFK looks like he truly wants meaningful discussion to happen, even though he wants to have lighthearted fun as well. The issue is that we are still quite early into D1, and the discussion did not have time to become truly highly meaningful, which impairs our ability to evaluate JFK's true intent.

Perhaps you do not read Madison's tone nearly the same as I do; that being said, if I am to be convinced of Madison's good intent, it will have to be done through his meaningful and towny activity, which has so far been lacking - it is not that he is more inactive than average, but rather that his posts seem to have little content. As for myself, it is not because I express myself in a somewhat formal manner that my intent is forced. Plus, I have provided reads with reasonable justifications, whereas he beds Spanish women and townreads JFK for existing "even if [what he is saying is] nonsense", according to himself:

Finally, Mr. Jefferson, I have a hard time seeing how rejecting JFK's initial doubts on me and attacking Madison could be a pocketing attempt. In fact, I do not even know who the target of such an attempt would be in this case. Could you please elaborate?
    I Apologize for my delayed response, Mr. Roosevelt. Perhaps it was due to the phrasing of when you said

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Theodore Roosevelt
    Such unfounded slander is unworthy of your status, Mr. Kennedy!
    Something put me off about that post, which made my mind flicker to potentially trying to befriend and pocket Mr. Kennedy. Going through later posts now, that appears not to be the case; however, at the time it was a real possibility in my mind.

I do concur that Mr. Madison has not much really good content to choose from; however, I would argue that Mr. Kennedy up until recently did not have that much great content either. He has since picked up since the other gentlemen have been speaking with him/

Although from what I have read so far, here are some conclusions I can make of a few of the gentlemen in the room.

Town:
    FM-Theodore Roosevelt
    FM-Lyndon B Johnson
    FM-George Washington
    FM-John F. Kenndy (Tentatively, this could change depending how his next posts are)

I'm withholding my scumreads/null reads for now simply do to it being not too far into D1, but out of the presidencies recommended, the closest one I would get behind would be Mr. Washington. If Mr. Roosevelt campaigned though, I would also support him.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-John F Kennedy
    Good vibes
    Eisenhower
    Washington
    Truman

Bad vibes
    Jefferson
    F. Roosevelt (can change with more content)
    Nixon
    I find it astoundingly odd how your opinion of Mr. Roosevelt can change with more content, but me (with one more post than Mr. Roosevelt) cannot. As for the rest of your townreads, I have yet to form opinions on Mr. Truman and Eisenhower, but Mr. Washington is agreeable.

16. ISO #266

17. ISO #267

18. ISO #268

I FIGURED IT OUT.

It makes sense why you guys don't see it but the moderator does. It's an anon account issue. If use regular account you can see the video, as anon account you can not.
    That's really annoying but at least i understand the cause of the issue now.

Well no vids then i guess. :/

19. ISO #269

Apparently videos might not work for people logged on anonymous accounts, even if the red box is clicked on.

No, I don't know why that is the case, but if you're going to post a video it might be better to just post the link. Make it size 6 if you want.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

20. ISO #270

21. ISO #271

22. ISO #272

I FIGURED IT OUT.

It makes sense why you guys don't see it but the moderator does. It's an anon account issue. If use regular account you can see the video, as anon account you can not.
    That's really annoying but at least i understand the cause of the issue now.

Well no vids then i guess. :/
    Rip

No soup for you Mr. Lincoln.

23. ISO #273

24. ISO #274

25. ISO #275

Jefferson, more than halfway through the day with 21 hours remaining is "not too far into day 1"? If you got scumreads that you're willing to share i'd like to hear them sooner rather than later.
    I'm not willing to share them yet, I'll post them in a few hours.

21 hrs is all the time in the world Mr. Lincoln.

26. ISO #276

27. ISO #277

Ok Jefferson, but i'm gonna burn through about 9 of them right now since i'm going to sleep. And then maybe some more cus i need to go to work.
    Oof

Either way I need to develop my reads more before I would willingly post them. They will be available by the time you wake up assuming you're going to sleep right now.

28. ISO #278

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Thomas Jefferson View Post
    I Apologize for my delayed response, Mr. Roosevelt. Perhaps it was due to the phrasing of when you said

Something put me off about that post, which made my mind flicker to potentially trying to befriend and pocket Mr. Kennedy. Going through later posts now, that appears not to be the case; however, at the time it was a real possibility in my mind.

I do concur that Mr. Madison has not much really good content to choose from; however, I would argue that Mr. Kennedy up until recently did not have that much great content either. He has since picked up since the other gentlemen have been speaking with him/

Although from what I have read so far, here are some conclusions I can make of a few of the gentlemen in the room.

Town:
    FM-Theodore Roosevelt
    FM-Lyndon B Johnson
    FM-George Washington
    FM-John F. Kenndy (Tentatively, this could change depending how his next posts are)

I'm withholding my scumreads/null reads for now simply do to it being not too far into D1, but out of the presidencies recommended, the closest one I would get behind would be Mr. Washington. If Mr. Roosevelt campaigned though, I would also support him.

I find it astoundingly odd how your opinion of Mr. Roosevelt can change with more content, but me (with one more post than Mr. Roosevelt) cannot. As for the rest of your townreads, I have yet to form opinions on Mr. Truman and Eisenhower, but Mr. Washington is agreeable.
    Seeing as fdr dropped in, said nothing to engage with the game, dropped a public vote on Washington, and left I do want more content. His thing felt like an attempt to LAMIST.

Yours on the other hand have a lot of content but the content is giving off.bad vibes.

29. ISO #279

Quote Originally Posted by FM-John F Kennedy View Post
    Seeing as fdr dropped in, said nothing to engage with the game, dropped a public vote on Washington, and left I do want more content. His thing felt like an attempt to LAMIST.

Yours on the other hand have a lot of content but the content is giving off.bad vibes.
    That's fair reasoning for Mr. Roosevelt; as for my own read, I still strongly disagree with any ill-intent you see there.

30. ISO #280

31. ISO #281

Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Monroe View Post
    That's fine; I do not wish for you to jump into my pocket. As for my reasons - I thought your entrance into the thread was natural, and your stance against Truman's "voting for scum" idea seemed as if you were honestly arguing in America's best interest. I believe a Brit would be fine with Truman's plan, or at least I do not believe they would openly campaign against it. I agree with what you've said about scum being president harming America more than it helps us - I think most Brits would be fine with sacrificing a role for a vote (which brings the number of mislynches they need to win from 4 to 3), and it's not as if us Americans can ever be 100% sure that someone is scum (even with a red check from a sheriff, since there is a tailor and bus driver in the game), so it's fairly possible for a British president to avoid getting lynched at any point in the future even if they were made president for being a suspected Brit day 1.

I also think the general tone of your posts is just genuinely solvey, but the two above reasons are the more easily explainable reasons.
    At risk of looking like I townread people for townreading me, I have to say I like this explanation: it looks like you have genuinely thought about it from the perspective of someone trying to figure out alignments, which is a townie's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Harry S Truman View Post
    Speaking of this, while I personally felt good about Kennedy due to mindmelding twice with the gentleman about situations, let us be wary of being too quick to judge those who most frequently speak before this nation. Too many fools have bought the words of charismatic but unscrupulous men and paid a heavy price for it. Let us establish early that we will be judged by our deeds not our ability to hit 'Reply'
    Well said, sir, well said.

32. ISO #282

33. ISO #283

This post is replying to Monroe saying he deems me a towny American:

Is there a reason why?

I feel somewhat the same but I want to see if our reasoning are the same
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Monroe View Post
    That's fine; I do not wish for you to jump into my pocket. As for my reasons - I thought your entrance into the thread was natural, and your stance against Truman's "voting for scum" idea seemed as if you were honestly arguing in America's best interest. I believe a Brit would be fine with Truman's plan, or at least I do not believe they would openly campaign against it. I agree with what you've said about scum being president harming America more than it helps us - I think most Brits would be fine with sacrificing a role for a vote (which brings the number of mislynches they need to win from 4 to 3), and it's not as if us Americans can ever be 100% sure that someone is scum (even with a red check from a sheriff, since there is a tailor and bus driver in the game), so it's fairly possible for a British president to avoid getting lynched at any point in the future even if they were made president for being a suspected Brit day 1.

I also think the general tone of your posts is just genuinely solvey, but the two above reasons are the more easily explainable reasons.
    Monroe where was this when I needed it more. Towny
    While I certainly agree with this conclusion (there should be little surprise about this, after all), I am struck with disbelief due to the fact it is pronounced by JFK: did he not claim to scumread me on the next page?

Vibe check:

Good vibes
    Eisenhower
    Washington
    Truman

Bad vibes
    Jefferson
    F. Roosevelt (can change with more content)
    Nixon

Everyone else:

Need more content
    It feels like JFK is taking parts of the thread and giving his opinion on them, but without having a global picture with his real opinions, as if he did not really believe his own reads. I could be wrong, but I now suspect this man could be a British in disguise, trying to look patriotic by posting a lot and sharing a lot of isolated opinions without actually harboring them in his stone cold heart. Thus, my townread on him has severely decayed.

34. ISO #284

This post is replying to Monroe saying he deems me a towny American:

While I certainly agree with this conclusion (there should be little surprise about this, after all), I am struck with disbelief due to the fact it is pronounced by JFK: did he not claim to scumread me on the next page?

It feels like JFK is taking parts of the thread and giving his opinion on them, but without having a global picture with his real opinions, as if he did not really believe his own reads. I could be wrong, but I now suspect this man could be a British in disguise, trying to look patriotic by posting a lot and sharing a lot of isolated opinions without actually harboring them in his stone cold heart. Thus, my townread on him has severely decayed.
    Just because I didn't put progress on my reads in you in the thread doesn't make it sus.

Look at it in context.

I was rereading the game from the start.

My read on you progressed since I sr you once I reread.

Like idk what you want from me. You are in town-null pile aka town lean.

35. ISO #285

36. ISO #286

37. ISO #287

38. ISO #288

Everyone: omg post content not fluff so we can tr you

Me: post some of my reads

Everyone: omg it's so bad.

Anyway I'm annoyed because I'm trying to sort everyone into groups and people are just judging me unfairly
    I wouldn't say that Mr. Roosevelt is judging you unfairly, but rather looking at the whole perspective of your arguments and making a judgement. Contrary, my opinion of you has increased for voicing an opinion rather than not like you were earlier.

39. ISO #289

40. ISO #290

41. ISO #291

42. ISO #292

43. ISO #293

44. ISO #294

45. ISO #295

46. ISO #296

Just because I didn't put progress on my reads in you in the thread doesn't make it sus.

Look at it in context.

I was rereading the game from the start.

My read on you progressed since I sr you once I reread.

Like idk what you want from me. You are in town-null pile aka town lean.
    Perhaps. But then, how do you explain you townread me before you said you scumread me? Does that not go against the natural progression? Especially since you say you scumread me for lacking content (which I do not really understand).

47. ISO #297

48. ISO #298

Perhaps. But then, how do you explain you townread me before you said you scumread me? Does that not go against the natural progression? Especially since you say you scumread me for lacking content (which I do not really understand).
    What I mean is I want more world view content.

In case you haven't noticed I'm very flip floppy in my unconfident reads and tend to be paranoid and tinfoil heavy.

It's a terrible habit of mine

49. ISO #299

Thinking about it I'm going to throw my reads here for some discussion

Town:
    FM-Thomas Jefferson
    FM-Theodore Roosevelt
    FM-Lyndon B Johnson
    FM-George Washington
    FM-John F. Kennedy
    FM-Dwight D Eisenhower
    FM-James Madison
    FM-Harry S Truman

Null:
    FM-Richard Nixon (Not enough content for me to read)
    FM-Franklin D Roosevelt (Quite frankly I do not recall any of his posts, I'll check later and make an assessment but for now he stays here)
    FM-James Monroe (I don't know how to feel about this slot currently)
    FM-Woodrow Wilson (Again, not enough content)

Scum:
    FM-Abraham Lincoln (Saying we can't play the game until tomorrow is not a good look, scum for now until proven otherwise)

My gut tells me at least one of the scum are in the null reads of mine.

50. ISO #300