Register

User Tag List

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #151

2. ISO #152

3. ISO #153

Re: S-FM 344 (Ladder): President II

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Abraham Lincoln View Post
    Not a hill i’m gonna die on though if ppl are determined to do something else.
    Tbh this day presidential election thing is really boring to me and i just wish it was over as soon as possible so we can start playing for real.
    Then what the fuck are you waiting for, old man ? I don't see a single reason why the "presidential election thing" prevents you from "playing for real". Don't Spit in the Soup, We All Gotta Eat.

4. ISO #154

5. ISO #155

6. ISO #156

7. ISO #157

8. ISO #158

9. ISO #159

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Harry S Truman View Post
    Fun fact 70/30 town is a slight wolf lean if you think about it.
    I see what you mean, but you're twisting the meaning of "wolf lean" to make it fit objective statistics instead of subjective opinion on one's alignment; everyone whom I do not have a read on is 50/50 to me, even though there very likely are more town than scum in that pool (because it comprises most players, since they have been rather unimpressive). Nice thinking, though, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Thomas Jefferson View Post
    As much as I like the amount of posts from the gentleman from Massachusetts, I must disagree simply because of the lack of content in said posts. My conclusion on Mr. Kennedy so far would be fairly null in alignment, as he has done nothing wrong however also not really done right. An example of this would be how he mentioned me not speaking with him, however also not commenting on the opinions in said post.
    I am in total agreement with your rejection of activity reads. I will say, though, that JFK looks like he truly wants meaningful discussion to happen, even though he wants to have lighthearted fun as well. The issue is that we are still quite early into D1, and the discussion did not have time to become truly highly meaningful, which impairs our ability to evaluate JFK's true intent.

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Thomas Jefferson View Post
    I disagree with this gentleman from New York. I would argue that your own conversation with Mr. Kennedy is plenty more forced than what Mr. Madison is speaking of.

This post also does not sit well with me, primarily due to what appears to be an attempt of a pocket disguised in civil discussion. However; I digress, perhaps I am looking to far into it currently.

In my conclusion I would like to say that I am displeased by the lack of meaningful discussion by some of the gentlemen here. For those of you with questions or comments for me I will gladly indulge a conversation.
    Perhaps you do not read Madison's tone nearly the same as I do; that being said, if I am to be convinced of Madison's good intent, it will have to be done through his meaningful and towny activity, which has so far been lacking - it is not that he is more inactive than average, but rather that his posts seem to have little content. As for myself, it is not because I express myself in a somewhat formal manner that my intent is forced. Plus, I have provided reads with reasonable justifications, whereas he beds Spanish women and townreads JFK for existing "even if [what he is saying is] nonsense", according to himself:

Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Madison View Post
    I bedded a Spanish woman last night, I prefer my seduction to be applied in real life where it has intrinsic value, even if said value is hedonistic by design.

And I know it's stereotypical for someone to boast of their sexual accomplishments in an online board, but it's true. I have a certain capacity for seduction daily, at home I apply that to mafia, abroad I apply that to the local ladies (who are quite voluptuous and coquettishly leading).
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Madison View Post
    Jfk is probably my top town right now......

He's just here in thread talking....even if it's nonsense? Haha idk....but he's talking and here...which is towny.....
    Finally, Mr. Jefferson, I have a hard time seeing how rejecting JFK's initial doubts on me and attacking Madison could be a pocketing attempt. In fact, I do not even know who the target of such an attempt would be in this case. Could you please elaborate?

10. ISO #160

11. ISO #161

12. ISO #162

Just going to repeat I don't want to elect our top town read as president but our suspects.
    You seem to have failed to address this:

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Theodore Roosevelt View Post
    I enjoy Mr. Truman's company; he seems genuine enough, and I quite like his read on Washington, despite the fact it is quite easily fakeable in my opinion. As for his wish to elect a scum president to run our country, I strongly disagree: a vote in the hands of the Mafia, who have a permanent chat (see the message we got before game started), means that they need one less townie to be misled before they can effectively commit MURDER against one of our citizens. Vote power is extremely powerful, much more than any of the power roles scum may have.
    I will say, before you bring it up, that the argument consisting of "town presidents are doomed to die" is not necessarily valid: in the setup, Doctor, Bus Driver and Body Double all are protective roles that may protect the duly elected President from anti-American attacks. It seems reasonable enough to me to assume that there are protective roles in the game, considering two facts:
    - the setup has 13 players, which generally makes some protection appropriate
    - the setup's prominent mechanic is the presidential one, and the lack of a protective role would put all town presidents at great risk, as you said yourself

Plus, in the event there is no protective role in the game, the possibility of one existing could be enough to save a town president from death, as cowardly scum may decide to avoid attacking him; ultimately, it boils down to WIFOM. Thus, giving town the presidency can easily be beneficial. And, as I have already said, giving scum the presidency is giving one more vote power to scum, which is almost equivalent to giving one extra member to the scum team, making town lynches easier, scum lynches harder, and LYLO closer. This is even more true considering the fact there are no scum roles that give the Mafia an extra kill power (the Bruiser kill replacing the factional one); making a scum lose his power is thus rather insignificant in comparison to the previously mentioned benefits scum would get from having one of their own elected.

As a last argument, counter-playing the mechanic like this also makes it harder to analyze potential pairings from the election's results. Speaking of pairings, who do you think could be anti-American scum, Truman?

13. ISO #163

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Lyndon B Johnson View Post
    Then what the fuck are you waiting for, old man ? I don't see a single reason why the "presidential election thing" prevents you from "playing for real". Don't Spit in the Soup, We All Gotta Eat.
    Blunt, but effective. I agree.

Also, I have just read your post about who should be elected (I had missed it), and I thoroughly agree with your line of thinking. The first option seems optimal to me; if you want details, see my latest post. While you could well be faking pro-townness, I like you and give you an early town lean.

14. ISO #164

Dear President Roosevelt,

On the matter of 70/30, Don't take it to mean too much Roosevelt, I just like statistics when it comes to pointing out things like odds. Twisting things is after all sometimes how you reveal more about them. This is mere sophistry though, so I will stop.

I hear you about presidents being protected. I have not played in this setup before and day one I am not overly fond of digging too deeply into power structures. I just thought it would be a shame if we elected someone who is town but they were also a very good town power which is then negated by being president. It was a simple enough premise. Perhaps ultimately a flawed one. I don't tend to like thread consensus for eliminations or extra mechanics like voting because that too makes it difficult to see if the mafia team was forced to make a difficult choice behind the scenes. I feel it is hard to know what our actions will or will not reveal until those actions take place.

I guess that is to say is I don't know the proper course on this matter, which is kind of fun actually. I will leave the matter of politics to others for now.

As for the last question asked of me, as I have stated multiple times by now, I do not like Monroe's entrance very much nor am I overtly impressed by their rebuttal being "cool story bro."

Yours,

President Truman

15. ISO #165

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Richard Nixon View Post
    yeah it's appreciated but it doesn't necessarily make you town either. you'd just kind of be a jerk if you intentionally made your posts hard to read and people would stop reading them
    𝐼 𝓈𝑒𝒸𝑜𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉.

Spoiler : Print :
    I second this line of thought.

16. ISO #166

17. ISO #167

Dear President Roosevelt,

On the matter of 70/30, Don't take it to mean too much Roosevelt, I just like statistics when it comes to pointing out things like odds. Twisting things is after all sometimes how you reveal more about them. This is mere sophistry though, so I will stop.

I hear you about presidents being protected. I have not played in this setup before and day one I am not overly fond of digging too deeply into power structures. I just thought it would be a shame if we elected someone who is town but they were also a very good town power which is then negated by being president. It was a simple enough premise. Perhaps ultimately a flawed one. I don't tend to like thread consensus for eliminations or extra mechanics like voting because that too makes it difficult to see if the mafia team was forced to make a difficult choice behind the scenes. I feel it is hard to know what our actions will or will not reveal until those actions take place.

I guess that is to say is I don't know the proper course on this matter, which is kind of fun actually. I will leave the matter of politics to others for now.

As for the last question asked of me, as I have stated multiple times by now, I do not like Monroe's entrance very much nor am I overtly impressed by their rebuttal being "cool story bro."

Yours,

President Truman
    I wish to reply "fair enough" to all of those statements. If I have anything to add, it is that Monroe does need to do more, because "unimpressive" is the word that qualifies them best.

18. ISO #168

19. ISO #169

20. ISO #170

21. ISO #171

22. ISO #172

Kennedy feels towny on page 1 in terms of trying to engage others but quite a bit of questions about things that are nothing really about the game.

James Monroe casting the first shade on page 1 and talking about his own entrance being awkward feels like a town viewpoint.

Harry Truman's scumread and reasoning on Monroe feels like a good read given the explanation regardless of Monroe's alignment.
    Monroe's response to it felt like towny confidence or arrogance if we want to take it that far.

Page 2 James Madison is awkward with his townread of JFK.

The only thing Jefferson spoke about was the George Washington writing style and nothing really about reads, not good.

Page 3 I feel like Truman has the right idea about maybe not voting our top town, but voting the suspects is maybe not a good idea.
    This is maybe towny minus the suspects part.

Page 4 I skimmed, big whoop, wanta fight aboutit?

------------------------------------

John F Kennedy
    Harry Truman
    James Monroe
    George Washington

I am townreading these fellow American Presidents.

James Madison
    Thomas Jefferson

These two fellow "Americans" I'm scumreading.

23. ISO #173

24. ISO #174

I agree with Eisenhower's notion that Monroe's response to my scum read of them is generally a town vibe type of situation.

However coming from Monroe it feels like more of the same manufactured phrasing. I will not be accepting anything from Monroe but beautiful, undiluted content right into the veins of this great nation to feel better about their standing in this game.

25. ISO #175

I agree with Eisenhower's notion that Monroe's response to my scum read of them is generally a town vibe type of situation.

However coming from Monroe it feels like more of the same manufactured phrasing. I will not be accepting anything from Monroe but beautiful, undiluted content right into the veins of this great nation to feel better about their standing in this game.
    Fair.

26. ISO #176

I thank you, but would like to know your reasons. You are not trustable enough for me to accept jumping into your pocket, as cozy as it may look.
    That's fine; I do not wish for you to jump into my pocket. As for my reasons - I thought your entrance into the thread was natural, and your stance against Truman's "voting for scum" idea seemed as if you were honestly arguing in America's best interest. I believe a Brit would be fine with Truman's plan, or at least I do not believe they would openly campaign against it. I agree with what you've said about scum being president harming America more than it helps us - I think most Brits would be fine with sacrificing a role for a vote (which brings the number of mislynches they need to win from 4 to 3), and it's not as if us Americans can ever be 100% sure that someone is scum (even with a red check from a sheriff, since there is a tailor and bus driver in the game), so it's fairly possible for a British president to avoid getting lynched at any point in the future even if they were made president for being a suspected Brit day 1.

I also think the general tone of your posts is just genuinely solvey, but the two above reasons are the more easily explainable reasons.

27. ISO #177

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Dwight D Eisenhower View Post
    Kennedy feels towny on page 1 in terms of trying to engage others but quite a bit of questions about things that are nothing really about the game.

James Monroe casting the first shade on page 1 and talking about his own entrance being awkward feels like a town viewpoint.

Harry Truman's scumread and reasoning on Monroe feels like a good read given the explanation regardless of Monroe's alignment.
    Monroe's response to it felt like towny confidence or arrogance if we want to take it that far.

The only thing Jefferson spoke about was the George Washington writing style and nothing really about reads, not good.

Page 3 I feel like Truman has the right idea about maybe not voting our top town, but voting the suspects is maybe not a good idea.

John F Kennedy
    Harry Truman
    James Monroe
    George Washington

James Madison
    Thomas Jefferson

A solid and understandable reads list.

28. ISO #178

Speaking of this, while I personally felt good about Kennedy due to mindmelding twice with the gentleman about situations, let us be wary of being too quick to judge those who most frequently speak before this nation. Too many fools have bought the words of charismatic but unscrupulous men and paid a heavy price for it. Let us establish early that we will be judged by our deeds not our ability to hit 'Reply'

29. ISO #179

30. ISO #180

31. ISO #181

32. ISO #182

Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Monroe View Post
    Truman and Kennedy are not both British, for what it's worth. I do not believe their "mindmeld" interaction from earlier to be something two Brits would bother to do with each other.
    To be quite frank, I have seen it before with two soviet spies doing that sort of thing. Is it rare, yes. But just wanted to add that

33. ISO #183

Actually disregard that part about agreeing with Truman about not voting top town today for President, because I didn't read the start. Totally fine with handing it to my top townread.

Hello Kennedy.
    Hello Eisenhower ✨

I feel like your reads list checks off stuff that I have been feeling like so far in the game.

Any reason why I'm the top townread?

Also idk I just feel like that's how Madison types but I do want more content from them.

34. ISO #184

Quote Originally Posted by FM-James Monroe View Post
    That's fine; I do not wish for you to jump into my pocket. As for my reasons - I thought your entrance into the thread was natural, and your stance against Truman's "voting for scum" idea seemed as if you were honestly arguing in America's best interest. I believe a Brit would be fine with Truman's plan, or at least I do not believe they would openly campaign against it. I agree with what you've said about scum being president harming America more than it helps us - I think most Brits would be fine with sacrificing a role for a vote (which brings the number of mislynches they need to win from 4 to 3), and it's not as if us Americans can ever be 100% sure that someone is scum (even with a red check from a sheriff, since there is a tailor and bus driver in the game), so it's fairly possible for a British president to avoid getting lynched at any point in the future even if they were made president for being a suspected Brit day 1.

I also think the general tone of your posts is just genuinely solvey, but the two above reasons are the more easily explainable reasons.
    Monroe where was this when I needed it more. Towny

35. ISO #185

Speaking of this, while I personally felt good about Kennedy due to mindmelding twice with the gentleman about situations, let us be wary of being too quick to judge those who most frequently speak before this nation. Too many fools have bought the words of charismatic but unscrupulous men and paid a heavy price for it. Let us establish early that we will be judged by our deeds not our ability to hit 'Reply'
    Love u too

36. ISO #186

Quote Originally Posted by FM-John F Kennedy View Post
    Hello Eisenhower ✨

I feel like your reads list checks off stuff that I have been feeling like so far in the game.

Any reason why I'm the top townread?

Also idk I just feel like that's how Madison types but I do want more content from them.
    Any reason to not have you as my top townread?

37. ISO #187

Monroe sounds like that spent three hours (this is not meant to be literal) overthinking their entrance to sound null to people. I cannot fathom why any member of town would look at their first post of 'Yo', and use the phrase 'effectively null.'

It's like, so manufactured.

I saw you say the thread was towny and thought to myself 'that's funny to say' and then didn't even bother to comment on it. Monroe though, Monroe feels jumpy. Too jumpy for someone who naturally posts neat things like 'Yo' as their first post. Therefore, the Yo wasn't natural and therefore Monroe has increased mafia chances due to these chaining thoughts of mine.
    Truman has your thoughts on Monroe changed with his engagement in the party?

38. ISO #188

39. ISO #189

Part of me feels kinda tinfoily over how quick we all are townreading Washington.

Ugh I hate when I do this
    Update: I'm V tinfoily with how quickly people are pushing in Washington to be president for not really posting any game related content.

Can we please talk about that. Yes I tr him but I don't trust him enough to be town leader.

40. ISO #190

That is fair enough, but scum rarely wish to openly push for a wide townread on a teammate, so I believe the townreads to be either genuine or scum trying to pocket town. Of course, Washington is not necessarily lock town, as possible ties with the British may need to be investigated; but for now, he seems very trustable.
    Roosevelt, who do you think has not had a genuine tr on Washington so far?

41. ISO #191

Truman has your thoughts on Monroe changed with his engagement in the party?
    Not really. I believe my worries can only be assuaged through more direct means of solving from Monroe. Once I see how their thought expand as the topic goes on can I see how they operate can I put to bed my earlier doubt.

Basically of all of the people who have posted so far Monroe for me right now has the highest bar for me not accepting anything about solving as being a pro town action. I would like to hear more thoughts on players and less about mechanical theory from the gentleman.

42. ISO #192

Alternatively, to not spread our votes out too much, (as compared to mafia that can co-ordinate their voting pattern) we declare 2 or 3 people of specific valuable-ness that we all agree to split our votes onto. So there aren’t any vanity votes on unpopular candidates. I suggest we agree on our strategy now.
    Lincoln, who do you suggest for the 2-3 people wagons for pres

43. ISO #193

John F Kennedy
    Harry Truman
    James Monroe
    George Washington

James Madison
    Thomas Jefferson

𝐼 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒸𝓁𝑜𝓈𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝒶𝓁𝒾𝑔𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝒾𝓃𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝒶𝓂𝑒, 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑒𝓍𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒥𝑒𝒻𝒻𝑒𝓇𝓈𝑜𝓃, 𝓌𝒽𝑜 𝐼 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝓎𝑒𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝓅𝒾𝓃𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝓃.

I find these thoughts to be closely aligning with my own at this point in the game, with the exception of Jefferson, who I do not yet have an opinion on.

44. ISO #194

yeah it's appreciated but it doesn't necessarily make you town either. you'd just kind of be a jerk if you intentionally made your posts hard to read and people would stop reading them
    might have to lock town tbh
    I don't like both of these posts side by side.

Nixon is giving commie vibes.

45. ISO #195

46. ISO #196

47. ISO #197

That's fair. Just wondering why since others have stated I might have posted a lot but it's been fluff and some content.

Just want to know where your mind is at
    Actual answer it's just overall comfortability while being super active and not at all forced.

48. ISO #198

Lincoln, who do you suggest for the 2-3 people wagons for pres
    It's hard for me to focus on all players in this game. I'd rather just see the more active players that seem to have an grip on this game come with suggestions so i can give my comments on that.

49. ISO #199

To be quite frank, I have seen it before with two soviet spies doing that sort of thing. Is it rare, yes. But just wanted to add that
    𝒴𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓇𝑒𝒻𝑒𝓇𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 "𝓈𝑜𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓉𝓈", 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓉𝑒𝓇𝓂. 𝒜𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓈𝑒 𝒶𝓃 𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐵𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓈𝒽?

You keep referring to "soviets", but I have never heard of this term. Are these an ally of the British?

Update: I'm V tinfoily with how quickly people are pushing in Washington to be president for not really posting any game related content.

Can we please talk about that. Yes I tr him but I don't trust him enough to be town leader.
    𝐼 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝓇𝒶𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑒 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁. 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓋𝒾𝒹𝑒𝒹 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝒻𝑒𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝑜𝓌𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝓊𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓇. 𝐼 𝒶𝓂 𝒷𝑒𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓅𝓊𝓈𝒽𝑒𝒹 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓅𝑜𝓈𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓃 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝑒𝓁𝓎 𝑜𝒻𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔. 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒽𝒶𝓃𝒹𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓈 𝒻𝒶𝓃𝒸𝓎, 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝒹 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓈𝑜𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝑒𝓁𝑒𝒸𝓉𝑒𝒹.

I find that to be rather strange as well. I have provided very few thoughts of my own thus far. I am being pushed for the position solely off my handwriting. While my handwriting is fancy, that is not a good reason for me to be elected.

Roosevelt, who do you think has not had a genuine tr on Washington so far?
    𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒶 𝓋𝑒𝓇𝓎 𝑜𝓇𝑔𝒶𝓃𝒾𝒸 𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒾𝓈 𝓃𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝓇𝒾𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝒻𝑜𝓁𝓁𝑜𝓌𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓉, 𝐼 𝑒𝓃𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝒶𝑔𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒾𝓃𝓊𝑒 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝑒𝓈𝓉𝒾𝑔𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓉. 𝒜𝓃𝓎 𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓊𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒷𝑒 𝓈𝑒𝒹𝒾𝓉𝒾𝑜𝓊𝓈.

This is a very organic line of thought, and even if there is no merit in following it, I encourage you to continue investigating it. Any one of us could be seditious.

50. ISO #200

It's hard for me to focus on all players in this game. I'd rather just see the more active players that seem to have an grip on this game come with suggestions so i can give my comments on that.
    Fine. I nominate myself, Monroe, and Kennedy for a deluge of polarizing campaigns. Comment away, good sir.