Politics and Dividing People into Groups
Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Politics and Dividing People into Groups

Politics is almost invariably stupid bullshit we could do without. I've come to the conclusion that most groups people talk about in politics (such as nations, social classes, etc) do not actually exist. How can people be grouped on the basis of accidentally speaking the same language?? In the course of my life, I've met people from all corners of the globe and honestly, I can safely say I had more in common with some of them than with some other people from my own country.

I actually think these groupings distracts people from seeing reality as it is. And, the worst part is, I do not think it is in the least the result of "careful oppression" (lol). People just get attracted to these insane ideas for whatever reason. You can see an example of this when the whole media started discrediting Russia's attack on Ukraine by saying Ukraine and Russia have always been separate, etc... Like that fucking matters! In my view, they could all speak RUSSIAN with perfect Russian accents and it wouldn't matter one bit. But, yeah, where I was going with this is, I believe people actually believe in these groupings because it's erm... nice? I lack a proper explanation for it, but they believe in it because it makes them all warm and fuzzy inside.

And of course, as we've seen in this and the previous century, you can divide people into groups on any basis. Race, gender, ... the possibilities are totally limitless. If one could come up with an example of this that didn't involve a grouping we're already familiar with, it would be extremely apparent how stupid it is to come up with any group in general.
    Last edited by Oberon; July 6th, 2022 at 12:04 AM.

2. ISO #2