Confirming a role by asking the UI text only the role will see should be considered cheating
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Exclamation Confirming a role by asking the UI text only the role will see should be considered cheating

I've always wanted to post this, and with the 2.0 update this problem has been way more severe and is making the game unfair to new players.

People asking Street Racer claims about their car model should be considered cheating. People should not ask Oracles, Doctors and other roles for the message they receive during night sequences either.

Situation 1.
    I'm an evil claiming SR, people ask me about the car model and I can't came up with an answer. What will most likely happen is that I will get lynched for being "fake SR".

Situation 2.
    I'm a noob SR claiming SR, people ask me about the car model and I can't came up with an answer because I never drifted and didn't know about the car model's name. What will most likely happen is that I will get lynched for being "fake SR".

Situation 3.
    I'm an evil claiming SR, people ask me about the car model and I chose a random one from my list of car models that may show up in game. Then there's a good chance I get innoed not because I'm real SR, but because people think I'm real SR.

Do you see the problem? If people are judging SR claims by whether they can give a correct car model name, what will ultimately happen is that experienced players will just collect a list of correct car models and that's about it. No mind games, no strategy, no counting, no psychology. And this puts new players at a disadvantage.

Oracles claims can have this problem too. If I'm a player who never played oracle once and is fake claiming oracle, I'm certainly not going to know the message Oracles receive upon divination. In fact, I was surprised that the verb "divine" is used to describe the action when I play oracle for the first time.
    Last edited by Tauntshaman; June 20th, 2022 at 05:47 PM.