S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 319
  1. ISO #1

    S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Shh, be quiet, people are reading here.

    Role List
    Mafioso
    Mafioso

    Librarian
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen



    Players
    Player Role Status
    Marshmallow Marshall ??? Alive
    Norwee Town Killed N2
    oliverz144 Town Modkilled D1
    Renegade Mafia Lynched D4
    Varcron Town Killed N1
    Mizery Town Killed N3
    Stealthbomber16 Town Lynched D1
    Frinckles ??? Alive
    OzyWho Town Lynched D2
    MartinGG99 ??? Alive
    Loldebite ??? Alive


    Special Mechanics:
    Be Quiet: Players may only make between 1-15 posts in the thread per day. Players are encouraged to make more substantial posts, and thus must post at least 200 words per day whilst not exceeding 15 post per day. Players will be mod-killed if they fail either requirement.

    Spoiler : What counts as a "word"? :

    "a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed."
    I will not count the following as "words"
    • Emotes
    • Emoticons
    • Emojis
    • Singular letters with the exception of "a" "i"
    • Strings of characters which do not appear in any dictionary nor are used commonly in the mafia community.
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • Votes
    • Anything in BBCode

    Usernames count as one word.
    Acronyms (I.E. "WIFOM") count as one word.


    Important Links:
    Signups
    Setup
    Day One
    Day Two
    Day Three
    Day Four
    Day Five
    Game starts at 3PM PDT on June 5th, 2022
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 17th, 2022 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  2. ISO #2

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Day One

    Role List
    Mafioso
    Mafioso

    Librarian
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen
    Citizen



    Players
    Player Role Status
    @Marshmallow Marshall ??? Alive
    @Norwee ??? Alive
    @oliverz144 ??? Alive
    @Renegade ??? Alive
    @Varcron ??? Alive
    @Mizery ??? Alive
    @Stealthbomber16 ??? Alive
    @Frinckles ??? Alive
    @OzyWho ??? Alive
    @MartinGG99 ??? Alive
    @Loldebite ??? Alive



    6 votes to hammer.
    Day one ends at 3PM PDT on June 7th, 2022
    • 00

    • 00

    • 00

    • 00

    DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS



    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown1234 View Post
    BRO HUUUUUUMP!! That's so Mesk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

  3. ISO #3

  4. ISO #4

  5. ISO #5

  6. ISO #6

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    very towny post
    Why are you wasting two posts on pure shitposting? I don't think you're even trying to be funny, so you're just throwing your posts away... What's your intent? It doesn't seem good.

    -vote OzyWho
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  7. ISO #7

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make few irrelevant posts at SOD then peace out for hours on end!!!! I won't do anything villagery, I won't make any reads, I'll make 1 shitpost over the next 48 hours, then once EOD rolls around I'll make zero additional shitposts!!! No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips!!!! I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous!!!!!!! The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles!!! I'll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat!!!!! I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post "fair enough"!!! I'll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient!! I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear!!!!! More specifically, black boxer-briefs!!!!! You can't stop me!! You can't mislynch me!!!! You're powerless!!!!!!!!! I laugh in your face!!!!! I'm a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want!!!!!! Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby!!!!!!! While you're poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world!!!!!!!!! My armpits are bone dry!!!! I'm a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that's all you can do!!!!! Ligma!!!! What's ligma? Ligma balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -vote Skip
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  8. ISO #8

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Why are you wasting two posts on pure shitposting? I don't think you're even trying to be funny, so you're just throwing your posts away... What's your intent? It doesn't seem good.

    -vote OzyWho
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  9. ISO #9

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I am so supremely confident in my abilities, and so thunderously calm + relaxed, that I will make few irrelevant posts at SOD then peace out for hours on end!!!! I won't do anything villagery, I won't make any reads, I'll make 1 shitpost over the next 48 hours, then once EOD rolls around I'll make zero additional shitposts!!! No cogent thought will escape these handsome lips!!!! I will be illogical, haphazard, superfluous, inessential, pointless, redundant, uncalled for, unwarranted, unjustified, and gratuitous!!!!!!! The effen theorem will catch me with my pants betwixt my ankles!!! I'll vote off-wagon, talk about random nonsense, and make inappropriate japes concerning my relation to wolfchat!!!!! I am preemptively declaring any responses to this post "fair enough"!!! I'll complain about a lack of WIM, the cause of which is nebuluous, obscure, and entirely insufficient!! I will fabricate excuses and pretend I am busy to avoid posting in this thread, when in fact I will be watching cartoons and eating cheeto puffs in my underwear!!!!! More specifically, black boxer-briefs!!!!! You can't stop me!! You can't mislynch me!!!! You're powerless!!!!!!!!! I laugh in your face!!!!! I'm a villager, therefore I can do whatever the fuck I want!!!!!! Go cry in wolfchat, you big baby!!!!!!! While you're poring over the thread, searching for any clue at all to help you in the seer hunt, know that I am still watching those cartoons and eating those cheeto puffs, nary a care in the world!!!!!!!!! My armpits are bone dry!!!! I'm a villager, what are you going to do about it? Nothing; you will do nothing about it, because that's all you can do!!!!! Ligma!!!! What's ligma? Ligma balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    -vote Skip
    Oh yeah? You're scum. Fair enough

    What is the benefit of skipping in a setup where mafia has a factional kill (and where we have no PRs)? (Answer key: there aren't any.)
    I have reacted. There. It is done. Now, if you are going to say it is a reaction test ("it is but a prank, my fellow townies! I am totally useful and town!"), please draw your conclusions

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  10. ISO #10

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    So, what happened here is I got the game rolling. (see we got something to talk about already and not just say hi to each other?)

    Honestly, it worked out much better than I hoped for.
    MM has this "I hate everything" mentality going on. For context: this'd be at least his 3rd wolf game in a row, if not more, and beyond that he has famously been wolf like more than half of the games on SC2Mafia. (see my last hosted game, where he got to be town after another long spree of wolfing - he was dancing on clouds as happy as he was!)
    blink and mag - the two players who are best at reading MM - have claimed they catch him wolfing when they see him not enjoying the game. I remember them teasing him that he can't fake that

    This MM? With this "I hate stuff" attitude? In the context of his game history and his game meta?
    I like it ╰(*´︶`*)╯


    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  11. ISO #11

  12. ISO #12

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    I'm very used to people making between 1-10 posts a cycle so i get you guys aren't but it's not incredibly difficult.

    Especially if wolves can only talk at night, which is a buff to us.

    Anyways ozy's opening posts are stupid but both Renegade and MM don't have /great/ reactions to them, MM's being overblown and Ren kinda having it be overblown in the opposite direction in a "lol can't believe you actually think that's scummy" but idk how to read Ren's post rly because it's not a vote on MM and barely shade

  13. ISO #13

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Few things I'd like to say:

    Honestly I don't know how anyone could take Oxy's first few posts seriously. At least seriously enough to vote Oxy... lmaooooo.

    Second of all, I'm really concerned that the post restrictions do not favor the town, especially early on.
    For sure the post restrictions do not favor town in the early game especially with how we need to converse in order to read each other.

    In terms of opening posts though Ozy wasting three posts isn't really that bad, as you can always make up for it later on with wall texts etc. Not really that worried about it rn is basically what I mean, although it'll be interesting to see how the MM/Ren/Ozy interaction progresses as the day continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  14. ISO #14

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    MM feels tryhardy with how they’re framing it as super anti-town to shitpost early on. Idk if it’s specifically scum indicative but i don’t really like it and could see it as such.
    In fact, i was totally gonna do that sort of shitposting myself but Ozy stole my thunder so now i’ve got no choice but to actually make a content post responding to actual events like some kind of freaking pleb. :/
    MM complaining about their skip vote being anti-town also seems a bit of an stretch argument to make.
    I’m not sure MM actually believes that mafia would seriously champion for an blatantly anti-town action. So the fact that MM goes there kinda feels like going for low hanging fruit. An scummy feeling action.
    The meta is also interesting, but i got an independently scummy vibe from MM so ima just follow my gut.

    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  15. ISO #15

  16. ISO #16

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Grey are the mountains of fate~
    As i pray for the game to not abate~

    To kill the scum is what we must~
    But in who am i to place my trust?

    Last game my faith was misplaced more than thrice~
    To put my trust in the wrong people was my vice~

    How not to repeat the pattern of blind faith~
    Though i ponder i can only waaait~

    Boom boom it’s the hour of destiny~
    To show our skills in criminology~
    I say let them come, for we will be done,
    if y’all post semi-hourly~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  17. ISO #17

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Wooohoooo I made in in reasonable time ! I couldn't remember when this was starting and only just got home. I was scared I missed the first 24hs.

    Ozy's opening is fine IMO. And I liked the followup.
    MM's opening is fine IMO, I think it is about as shitposty and (un)serious as ozy's.
    Ren's opening is fine too, I think I like it more than I did last games I've played with them. IIRC I'm mediocre to bad at reading this slot, tho.
    Mizery's opening is meh IMO. I actually like that ren isn't doing more than light shade this early on, and the fact that MM does is what makes me think he's shit posting.
    Nothing to say about varcron's opening, feels really null to me.
    Now about Norwee, I almost agree with what's been said there but I kinda feel like they are going for the lowest hanging fruit : MM. It might be genuine, tho. MM's second post feels genuine to me, which doesn't mean it comes from town in this case, but I it does make MM less suspicious in my eyes.

  18. ISO #18

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    mallow…. (Rhytmic drum beating)

    Mallow… (Rhytmic drum beating)

    MALLOW (Rhytmic drum beating)

    Believe he’ll break your heart!
    As his words shoot you like an dart!
    It’s unbelievable. Observe how the people ran.
    Don’t you see? It’s over before it even began!

    (heavy Metal screaming) OAAARGHHH
    Pain and death!! Is what you get!!
    If you mess with MALLOW (Drum smash)

    Du du DUH!
    Du du DUH!
    DU DU DUH!!

    Marshmallow Marshall is a terrifying guy!
    He’ll eat. chop. fry. your liver oh my!
    Mercy’s not in his vocabulary, you’re merely his tributary!

    The town, he’ll turn into a thrall.
    Because he is the amoral marshall.
    Of DEATH!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  19. ISO #19

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    So, what happened here is I got the game rolling. (see we got something to talk about already and not just say hi to each other?)

    Honestly, it worked out much better than I hoped for.
    MM has this "I hate everything" mentality going on. For context: this'd be at least his 3rd wolf game in a row, if not more, and beyond that he has famously been wolf like more than half of the games on SC2Mafia. (see my last hosted game, where he got to be town after another long spree of wolfing - he was dancing on clouds as happy as he was!)
    blink and mag - the two players who are best at reading MM - have claimed they catch him wolfing when they see him not enjoying the game. I remember them teasing him that he can't fake that

    This MM? With this "I hate stuff" attitude? In the context of his game history and his game meta?
    I like it ╰(*´︶`*)╯


    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Hi

    Don't worry, I don't hate everything, I only hate you

    See, my response got the game rolling as well. What did you expect, a nod of approval for shitposts and a hug? More shitposts, and then no more content? I REFUSE! Not a single post shall be wasted, not a single point shall be omitted, not a single vote shall be forgotten. You're basically doing what I expected you to do if your attempt to generate content (by vocally not generating any, ironically) was genuine, so you're probably town xD.

    However, Renny Gator has replied with "I don't know how anyone could take ozy's posts seriously lmao" and all, and a "concern" about the post restrictions being anti-town (which is honestly just stating the obvious), and this, without adding anything more, proposing a solution to anything, or voicing suspicions towards anyone. Like, if he thinks me getting into Ozy's posts is silly and weird, why not question me, or vote me? Conversely, if he thinks I'm right about Ozy's posts, why not attack Ozy? And why just end up posting a "oh noes there is a post limit", which is really just... meh?

    -vote Renegade


    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    MM feels tryhardy with how they’re framing it as super anti-town to shitpost early on. Idk if it’s specifically scum indicative but i don’t really like it and could see it as such.
    In fact, i was totally gonna do that sort of shitposting myself but Ozy stole my thunder so now i’ve got no choice but to actually make a content post responding to actual events like some kind of freaking pleb. :/
    MM complaining about their skip vote being anti-town also seems a bit of an stretch argument to make.
    I’m not sure MM actually believes that mafia would seriously champion for an blatantly anti-town action. So the fact that MM goes there kinda feels like going for low hanging fruit. An scummy feeling action.
    The meta is also interesting, but i got an independently scummy vibe from MM so ima just follow my gut.

    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Last time we had a game with silly mechanics (everyone had a day gun and could shoot whenever they wanted to), a scum shot another player on their first post on D1 (which was at the very beginning). There was trolling involved in this action, but still - it's far from impossible, it happens, and the extreme WIFOM of "b-but scum would never!" is unhealthy to maintain in some circumstances, such as this one. Being anti-town is, as the words say, anti-town, which means anti-town behavior should not be left alone. Knowing Ozy, I already suspected he was just trying to bait reactions, hence me asking him to draw his conclusions. Considering we don't have many posts, I'd rather limit the shitposting disease as much as possible instead of seeing people having 5 posts left to address actually meaningful stuff xD.

    Also, accusations of "going for low hanging fruit" in post #14 addressing post #6 is a little silly xD, like it'd actually result in a turbolynch or something lol.
    Do you have any thoughts on Renegade, regarding what I said earlier in this post or regarding what you please?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  20. ISO #20

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    Grey are the mountains of fate~
    As i pray for the game to not abate~

    To kill the scum is what we must~
    But in who am i to place my trust?

    Last game my faith was misplaced more than thrice~
    To put my trust in the wrong people was my vice~

    How not to repeat the pattern of blind faith~
    Though i ponder i can only waaait~

    Boom boom it’s the hour of destiny~
    To show our skills in criminology~
    I say let them come, for we will be done,
    if y’all post semi-hourly~
    OMG HE JUST SOFT CLAIMED SCUM
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    mallow…. (Rhytmic drum beating)

    Mallow… (Rhytmic drum beating)

    MALLOW (Rhytmic drum beating)

    Believe he’ll break your heart!
    As his words shoot you like an dart!
    It’s unbelievable. Observe how the people ran.
    Don’t you see? It’s over before it even began!

    (heavy Metal screaming) OAAARGHHH
    Pain and death!! Is what you get!!
    If you mess with MALLOW (Drum smash)

    Du du DUH!
    Du du DUH!
    DU DU DUH!!

    Marshmallow Marshall is a terrifying guy!
    He’ll eat. chop. fry. your liver oh my!
    Mercy’s not in his vocabulary, you’re merely his tributary!

    The town, he’ll turn into a thrall.
    Because he is the amoral marshall.
    Of DEATH!
    ...yes.

    Also, loldebite arriving in the first 24 hours again this truly is a REVOLUTION

    We shall see about Norwee. I thought about it too, but shhh, don't tell him, or it may affect his reaction! He mustn't know.
    About Mizery, do you mean "meh" as in "bad" or as in "nothing"? Because I completely fail to get any read from their posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  21. ISO #21

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    to be or to not be.....serious

    that is the question

    -vote OzyWho


    regardless of my yet-be-serious or actually-serious status I would like to note that I want to town-read Mizery and not look back ever and this isn't being exaggerated in any shape or form just because of some word-count restriction that you all may or may not be thinking of right now because I would like to emphasize that isn't, okay? And if that got too confusing to read I just italicized my point for thy dear readers.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  22. ISO #22

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Now about Norwee, I almost agree with what's been said there but I kinda feel like they are going for the lowest hanging fruit : MM.
    No way, did you look at the guy? He's an forum mafia head and he's got a scary wolf as a picture.
    I'm a brave hero for daring to stand up against him! He's the final boss of mafia.

    In regards to whether i have opinions on other people.
    Yes, i thought Renegade's post was a big old nothingburger. Which unfortunately MM brought up as well so now it looks like i copied him, but i promise i thought this well before he had it written out!
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  23. ISO #23

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

    Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

    MM V
    Varcron V

    Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)

    Reserving reads on Martin and Ren for later.

    -vote loldebite

  24. ISO #24

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

    Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

    MM V
    Varcron V


    Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)

    Reserving reads on Martin and Ren for later.

    -vote loldebite
    Okay so I'm not going to respond to most of these other posts that others have commented on just because they've been covered, and I actually have a question about this post.

    What does this mean? Maybe it's because It's pretty late where I am currently but I cannot for the life of me figure that out. Town/Scumread? I honestly have no idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    I don't like the entire "If he's thinking on the same wavelength as me, he must be town!" vibe primarily because of FM experiences in the past where I've had that feeling only to get bamboozled by a scum that thinks the same way as me for some reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    However, Renny Gator has replied with "I don't know how anyone could take ozy's posts seriously lmao" and all, and a "concern" about the post restrictions being anti-town (which is honestly just stating the obvious), and this, without adding anything more, proposing a solution to anything, or voicing suspicions towards anyone. Like, if he thinks me getting into Ozy's posts is silly and weird, why not question me, or vote me? Conversely, if he thinks I'm right about Ozy's posts, why not attack Ozy? And why just end up posting a "oh noes there is a post limit", which is really just... meh?

    -vote Renegade
    What's he going to do, ask the host for a post limit change? Get outa here with that fluff.
    It was the first post of the day, I don't really see how he could voice his suspicions based on one singular interaction between you and Ozy.
    This is all extraneous fluff, why would you say this other than to scumpaint?

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    Last time we had a game with silly mechanics (everyone had a day gun and could shoot whenever they wanted to), a scum shot another player on their first post on D1 (which was at the very beginning). There was trolling involved in this action, but still - it's far from impossible, it happens, and the extreme WIFOM of "b-but scum would never!" is unhealthy to maintain in some circumstances, such as this one. Being anti-town is, as the words say, anti-town, which means anti-town behavior should not be left alone. Knowing Ozy, I already suspected he was just trying to bait reactions, hence me asking him to draw his conclusions. Considering we don't have many posts, I'd rather limit the shitposting disease as much as possible instead of seeing people having 5 posts left to address actually meaningful stuff xD.
    Again, this is the third post you've wasted on the same point (the above quotes are from the same post).

    Post #1 was a genuine vote to get a reaction

    Post #2 was a shitpost in disguise

    Post #3 was some decent info encompassed in alot of extraneous information that you already stated before, basically only making a wall text to look cool at that point.

    I'm not going to drop a vote right now, as I'd like to see how play develops; however, as much as I really liked MM's attitude in his first post, his next two I have not liked for the reasons stated above. Other reads coming near you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  25. ISO #25

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)
    From MU championship season 8?
    WOW, did not expect to meet you here.

    Bonus townread for nostalgia.


    Also, @Varcron
    Pretty sure that just means "villager"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  26. ISO #26

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Also, loldebite arriving in the first 24 hours again this truly is a REVOLUTION

    We shall see about Norwee. I thought about it too, but shhh, don't tell him, or it may affect his reaction! He mustn't know.
    About Mizery, do you mean "meh" as in "bad" or as in "nothing"? Because I completely fail to get any read from their posts.
    Eh, come on, I'm not that bad, am I ?...
    Don't answer that.
    I meant meh as in "idk what to make out of it yet". Probably should've meh'd vacron's too for consistency.

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    -vote OzyWho


    regardless of my yet-be-serious or actually-serious status I would like to note that I want to town-read Mizery and not look back ever and this isn't being exaggerated in any shape or form just because of some word-count restriction that you all may or may not be thinking of right now because I would like to emphasize that isn't, okay? And if that got too confusing to read I just italicized my point for thy dear readers.
    I don't agree with the vote, but I like mizery read. I can't help but feel that THAT level of buddying and confidence is a little concerning this early on, but I still like it.
    I've only played a single game with the slot and I recall them not really playing at all on D1, and they were scum ! That being said, I wasn't on on the first day in that game, soooooo there's that... In that game (Bisected Souls), Martin followed MM & Lag vouching Mizery was in their scum meta.
    This game, on the other hand, it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing, and since there's nothing to fish for if you're scum, it feels towny to me. It's probably fakeable, so I definitely won't be as adamant as Martin, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    No way, did you look at the guy? He's an forum mafia head and he's got a scary wolf as a picture.
    I'm a brave hero for daring to stand up against him! He's the final boss of mafia.

    In regards to whether i have opinions on other people.
    Yes, i thought Renegade's post was a big old nothingburger. Which unfortunately MM brought up as well so now it looks like i copied him, but i promise i thought this well before he had it written out!
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    I... Hate this post. We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    What's more, the way this is written really feels like you're shitposting first and only then reluctantly spewing reads if directly asked to. That doesn't feel town at all... Either you're willing to share your thoughts and should do it right away, or you're not (which I dislike but I can see the reasoning (hi ren)), in which case you wouldn't have said anything. This weird in-between doesn't fit for a town IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

    Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

    MM V
    Varcron V

    Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)

    Reserving reads on Martin and Ren for later.

    -vote loldebite
    I am curious to know what mizery will make of their reads now that Varcron has been more vocal about their MM distrust (#24).
    I never know what to make of "random" votes with no context whatsoever, so I often end up ignoring them. I guess I'm kinda making an exception here ?

    Spoiler : varcron #24 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Okay so I'm not going to respond to most of these other posts that others have commented on just because they've been covered, and I actually have a question about this post.

    What does this mean? Maybe it's because It's pretty late where I am currently but I cannot for the life of me figure that out. Town/Scumread? I honestly have no idea.



    I don't like the entire "If he's thinking on the same wavelength as me, he must be town!" vibe primarily because of FM experiences in the past where I've had that feeling only to get bamboozled by a scum that thinks the same way as me for some reason.



    What's he going to do, ask the host for a post limit change? Get outa here with that fluff.
    It was the first post of the day, I don't really see how he could voice his suspicions based on one singular interaction between you and Ozy.
    This is all extraneous fluff, why would you say this other than to scumpaint?



    Again, this is the third post you've wasted on the same point (the above quotes are from the same post).

    Post #1 was a genuine vote to get a reaction

    Post #2 was a shitpost in disguise

    Post #3 was some decent info encompassed in alot of extraneous information that you already stated before, basically only making a wall text to look cool at that point.

    I'm not going to drop a vote right now, as I'd like to see how play develops; however, as much as I really liked MM's attitude in his first post, his next two I have not liked for the reasons stated above. Other reads coming near you.


    Idk how I feel about this one. The tipoff to norway makes me feel much better about it, tho. Can't help but feel like varcron is reproaching MM about making a big deal out of fluff, but MM making a deal out of fluff kinda feels like fluff to me, so it feels kinda incoherent to me, idk. I guess it's really not fluff to them.

    Spoiler : Bonus early readslist :

    As of post #25

    # TOWNCORE



    # Confident town



    # Probable Town



    # Town feel

    Mizery
    Marshmallow Marshall
    OzyWho
    MartinGG99

    # Null

    Renegade
    Varcron

    # scum feel

    oliverz144 // This is (mostly) a joke ! Sorry, oliverz... Not sorry.

    # probable scum



    # confident scum

    Norwee

    # CONFIRMED 100% trust me scum



  27. ISO #27

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    No.
    I'm normally the guy that ends up with 800 smaller posts when i actually try to play a game for real. So put away that and i can barely function as i normally do. Typing these long posts is in fact, really annoying.
    Other than that i'm also pretty unfamiliar with most of you, so i don't have any strong or confident reads cus i mostly rely on meta. And it's been forever since i last played a game on this site in particular. And there are much fewer posts i can gander at because of the limitations, which makes it harder. So i just default to shitposting and being social cus that's what i find fun. Is it townie generally speaking? No not really. But that's how i always play, so you might need to reassess for me in particular cus that's just how i do my stuff.
    Anyway i'm pretty used to being scumread for my posts, it happens every time i play on a new site. xD
    I think my town playstyle in general is pretty scummy, while i as scum tend to be much more careful, formal and survivalistic.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  28. ISO #28

  29. ISO #29

  30. ISO #30

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Hello. This is a sign of acknowledgement that I am here and that I do have thoughts about the ongoing facts.

    I am intentionally withholding some my thoughts, and by extension, my vote, until I see something else that I am looking for. I will not reveal any details upon this until the opportunity presents itself for me to act upon it.

    Thoughts that I do feel like sharing right now are the following:
    I dislike Mizery's opening votes on Norwee followed by loldebite.
    I like loldebite's opening thoughts on the state of the game as that matched my own at the time that I read those posts (I was out at a concert and decided I wasn't going to waste one of my few posts formatting on a phone)
    I dislike MartinGG's opening vote on OzyWho, but not MM's.
    I dislike Frinckles' lack of anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

  31. ISO #31

  32. ISO #32

  33. ISO #33

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    All right there's a lot of my chest for this one.


    First of all... Why so little posts so far? I get there's a post limit. But even i, whom has become known as one of the "post wasters" up to now. Still only used 7 posts with this one. So i got more than half left. And the deadline from now on is 1 day and 3 hours. So i am being surprisingly prudent with the posts i've got available in my budget. Should be room for another day of responding.


    Where are the VC's? Guess i gotta make it myself huh.

    [2] Renegade: Marshmallow Marshall, Norwee
    [1] Marshmallow Marshall: OzyWho
    [1] OzyWho: MartinGG99
    [1] Loldebite: Mizery

    [6] Not Voting: oliverz144, Renegade, Varcron, Stealthbomber16, Frinckles, Loldebite


    Now for the posts from each player so far. And who hasn't posted yet.

    Norwee [7]
    OzyWho [6]
    Marshmallow Marshall [4]
    Frinckles [4]
    Mizery [3]
    Loldebite [2]
    Varcron [2]
    Renegade [1]
    Stealthbomber16 [1]
    MartinGG99 [1]
    oliverz144 [0]

    Uh oh, shame on Oliverz144. Everyone else. Good job! But remember the 200 word minimum requirement fellas.


    And now for me to randomly look at each of the posters and just vote for the one that vaguely feels the most scummish.

    Hmmmmm Ehhhh... It's.... you!
    -vote Renegade
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  34. ISO #34

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    It seems we're going to be mostly reserving posts for EoD- which doesn't seem that bad.

    My main concern is that we're going to be risking compressing an entire day into 3 hours before EoD and the wagons are going to be absolutely atrocious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    All right there's a lot of my chest for this one.


    First of all... Why so little posts so far? I get there's a post limit. But even i, whom has become known as one of the "post wasters" up to now. Still only used 7 posts with this one. So i got more than half left. And the deadline from now on is 1 day and 3 hours. So i am being surprisingly prudent with the posts i've got available in my budget. Should be room for another day of responding.


    Where are the VC's? Guess i gotta make it myself huh.

    [2] Renegade: Marshmallow Marshall, Norwee
    [1] Marshmallow Marshall: OzyWho
    [1] OzyWho: MartinGG99
    [1] Loldebite: Mizery

    [6] Not Voting: oliverz144, Renegade, Varcron, Stealthbomber16, Frinckles, Loldebite


    Now for the posts from each player so far. And who hasn't posted yet.

    Norwee [7]
    OzyWho [6]
    Marshmallow Marshall [4]
    Frinckles [4]
    Mizery [3]
    Loldebite [2]
    Varcron [2]
    Renegade [1]
    Stealthbomber16 [1]
    MartinGG99 [1]
    oliverz144 [0]

    Uh oh, shame on Oliverz144. Everyone else. Good job! But remember the 200 word minimum requirement fellas.


    And now for me to randomly look at each of the posters and just vote for the one that vaguely feels the most scummish.

    Hmmmmm Ehhhh... It's.... you!
    -vote Renegade
    Justify why Renegade over Frinckles for me in your next post. This doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

  35. ISO #35

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hi

    Don't worry, I don't hate everything, I only hate you

    See, my response got the game rolling as well. What did you expect, a nod of approval for shitposts and a hug? More shitposts, and then no more content? I REFUSE! Not a single post shall be wasted, not a single point shall be omitted, not a single vote shall be forgotten. You're basically doing what I expected you to do if your attempt to generate content (by vocally not generating any, ironically) was genuine, so you're probably town xD.

    However, Renny Gator has replied with "I don't know how anyone could take ozy's posts seriously lmao" and all, and a "concern" about the post restrictions being anti-town (which is honestly just stating the obvious), and this, without adding anything more, proposing a solution to anything, or voicing suspicions towards anyone. Like, if he thinks me getting into Ozy's posts is silly and weird, why not question me, or vote me? Conversely, if he thinks I'm right about Ozy's posts, why not attack Ozy? And why just end up posting a "oh noes there is a post limit", which is really just... meh?

    -vote Renegade


    Also, accusations of "going for low hanging fruit" in post #14 addressing post #6 is a little silly xD, like it'd actually result in a turbolynch or something lol.
    Do you have any thoughts on Renegade, regarding what I said earlier in this post or regarding what you please?
    Meh, now both you and Ozy are claiming the hill of "got the ball rolling" as an excuse for the odd jousting?


    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

    MM V
    Varcron V


    -vote loldebite
    What does V mean?


    --- Not a fan of Frinckles blowing 4 posts on nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post


    First of all... Why so little posts so far? I get there's a post limit. But even i, whom has become known as one of the "post wasters" up to now. Still only used 7 posts with this one. So i got more than half left. And the deadline from now on is 1 day and 3 hours. So i am being surprisingly prudent with the posts i've got available in my budget. Should be room for another day of responding.
    I actually agree here. I think there is waste with people like Frinckles blowing through useless posts but we need more discussion.

  36. ISO #36

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    to be or to not be.....serious

    that is the question

    -vote OzyWho


    regardless of my yet-be-serious or actually-serious status I would like to note that I want to town-read Mizery and not look back ever and this isn't being exaggerated in any shape or form just because of some word-count restriction that you all may or may not be thinking of right now because I would like to emphasize that isn't, okay? And if that got too confusing to read I just italicized my point for thy dear readers.
    Take this as a compliment, but I'm expecting more from you - Oxy is extremely low hanging fruit. And what you wrote after just strikes me as trying so hard to play it safe while appearing to make a statement..

    -vote MartinGG99
    .

  37. ISO #37

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    Where are the VC's? Guess i gotta make it myself huh.
    Spoiler : Copypasta :
    How to Vote

    Vote using the [vote] tags around the target's exact username.

    Code:
    [vote]Lag[/vote]
    Viewing the Vote Count

    Click the button labeled "Vote Count" on the top of the thread



    Clicking on the names in the Vote Count will take you to the post where they placed that vote.

    Viewing ISOs

    From the Ongoing Forum Mafia Games forum, click on the number of replies the thread has.



    In the pop-up, click on the number of posts made by the user you wish to ISO.



    Finally, it can be useful to click the "Expand All" button in their ISO.


  38. ISO #38

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    From MU championship season 8?
    WOW, did not expect to meet you here.

    Bonus townread for nostalgia.


    Also, @Varcron
    Pretty sure that just means "villager"
    Oh, okay, thank you lol. Apparently my brain was functioning at like 2% last night when I made that post (stills stand by everything in there though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee
    ll right there's a lot of my chest for this one.


    First of all... Why so little posts so far? I get there's a post limit. But even i, whom has become known as one of the "post wasters" up to now. Still only used 7 posts with this one. So i got more than half left. And the deadline from now on is 1 day and 3 hours. So i am being surprisingly prudent with the posts i've got available in my budget. Should be room for another day of responding.


    Where are the VC's? Guess i gotta make it myself huh.

    [2] Renegade: Marshmallow Marshall, Norwee
    [1] Marshmallow Marshall: OzyWho
    [1] OzyWho: MartinGG99
    [1] Loldebite: Mizery

    [6] Not Voting: oliverz144, Renegade, Varcron, Stealthbomber16, Frinckles, Loldebite


    Now for the posts from each player so far. And who hasn't posted yet.

    Norwee [7]
    OzyWho [6]
    Marshmallow Marshall [4]
    Frinckles [4]
    Mizery [3]
    Loldebite [2]
    Varcron [2]
    Renegade [1]
    Stealthbomber16 [1]
    MartinGG99 [1]
    oliverz144 [0]

    Uh oh, shame on Oliverz144. Everyone else. Good job! But remember the 200 word minimum requirement fellas.


    And now for me to randomly look at each of the posters and just vote for the one that vaguely feels the most scummish.

    Hmmmmm Ehhhh... It's.... you!
    -vote Renegade
    I see where you're coming from judging people on their prudent lack of posts; however, me being like you and usually posting hundreds of tiny posts throughout a game, I'm working really hard to just post one thing with all of my thoughts until other people respond. I'm sure a few of the other usual small posters feel the same way about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16[QUOTE
    My main concern is that we're going to be risking compressing an entire day into 3 hours before EoD and the wagons are going to be absolutely atrocious
    Definitely could happen which is a bit worrying, but I feel as though with how we have about a day left that shouldn't be a problem considering the post counts currently. Plus it seems like most people have reads on quite a few people, it's just a matter of sharing them at this point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite
    Idk how I feel about this one. The tipoff to norway makes me feel much better about it, tho. Can't help but feel like varcron is reproaching MM about making a big deal out of fluff, but MM making a deal out of fluff kinda feels like fluff to me, so it feels kinda incoherent to me, idk. I guess it's really not fluff to them.
    That's the point, I disliked how especially his third post made a wall out of the issue he stated in his 1st and 2nd, it was unnecessary and basically threw a post away.

    Honestly though from when I last posted to now there hasn't really been much to respond to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  39. ISO #39

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Take this as a compliment, but I'm expecting more from you - Oxy is extremely low hanging fruit. And what you wrote after just strikes me as trying so hard to play it safe while appearing to make a statement..

    -vote MartinGG99
    .
    I mean, you're not wrong.

    I'm mildly undecided about ozy, leaning a bit suspicious of him, but I felt a vote on Ozy would be a good place to start since I particularly liked Mizery's comments about it and MM shifted his vote onto you.

    What makes him LHF though? Yes, I know MM voted Ozy and Ozy vote MM, but they both seemed more in vein of early-game pushes for information rather than actually any case so I didn't really count it as aggression.

    Aside from that, I don't see anything "low-hanging" about Ozy. In fact, that one ?krc game by Lag had my whole D1 tusseling with the guy and he didn't get much in terms of votes.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  40. ISO #40

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    No way, did you look at the guy? He's an forum mafia head and he's got a scary wolf as a picture.
    I'm a brave hero for daring to stand up against him! He's the final boss of mafia.

    In regards to whether i have opinions on other people.
    Yes, i thought Renegade's post was a big old nothingburger. Which unfortunately MM brought up as well so now it looks like i copied him, but i promise i thought this well before he had it written out!
    Also if he thinks similarly to me then maybe MM isn't a big bad wolf after all, we'll see.
    I really should change my avatar. Perhaps. Maybe. Someday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    MM you should know that comparing Ozy's opener to Ceko saying "see? scum have been out there before!" isn't a fair comparison to make how you're making it. Like yeah, wolves can be shitpost-y it'd be stupid to say they couldn't, but bad form Marshall, Bad form.

    Don't ask me for reasoning, you'll only be wasting both of our posts:

    MM V
    Varcron V

    Not liking Norwee so far but the one game I have played with them the only reason I townread them was because they were mech locked town iirc so there's not much there (I'm Illwei, before you ask.)

    Reserving reads on Martin and Ren for later.

    -vote loldebite
    I think Ozy knows me well enough to know I don't actually think he's equivalent to Ceko in any way lol, it was merely to provide an example to strenghten my point. As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like? He seems lighthearted/carefree enough to me, although that may just be his game personality and not a towntell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Okay so I'm not going to respond to most of these other posts that others have commented on just because they've been covered, and I actually have a question about this post.

    I don't like the entire "If he's thinking on the same wavelength as me, he must be town!" vibe primarily because of FM experiences in the past where I've had that feeling only to get bamboozled by a scum that thinks the same way as me for some reason.



    What's he going to do, ask the host for a post limit change? Get outa here with that fluff.
    It was the first post of the day, I don't really see how he could voice his suspicions based on one singular interaction between you and Ozy.
    This is all extraneous fluff, why would you say this other than to scumpaint?



    Again, this is the third post you've wasted on the same point (the above quotes are from the same post).

    Post #1 was a genuine vote to get a reaction

    Post #2 was a shitpost in disguise

    Post #3 was some decent info encompassed in alot of extraneous information that you already stated before, basically only making a wall text to look cool at that point.

    I'm not going to drop a vote right now, as I'd like to see how play develops; however, as much as I really liked MM's attitude in his first post, his next two I have not liked for the reasons stated above. Other reads coming near you.
    Propose post rationing measures, propose to vote those wasting posts on pure troll, w/e. Solutions exist, and if Renegade were so keen to prevent the setup's specificities from being detrimental to us, he could easily have said something. Saying a plain nothing about it is just pointing at an obvious issue, bringing nothing new to the table, and it feels like he wants us to think he's thinking about the game without actually doing more.
    I certainly see how he could give a beginning of a read on either of us. I did it with Ozy, after all. Plus, this was just an example of something that would have made sense from him in a town mentality, not an absolute requirement.
    This is merely the development of my point. Formulating complete thoughts when you voice scumreads isn't just "not fluff", it's the right thing to do lol. If anything, it feels like you are the one trying to paint me as a scumpainter for voicing a read on Renegade, or even that you're chainsaw defending him. I'm not sure what your point is; you mean that we are supposed to avoid detailing our reads?

    And in general, calling my posts shitposts in disguise/fluff/etc. seems pretty dishonest, considering they're the ones that generated the most meaningful discussion (if you count Ozy's, which sparked mine, into the streak). What do you think of Renegade himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  41. ISO #41

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    From MU championship season 8?
    WOW, did not expect to meet you here.

    Bonus townread for nostalgia.


    Also, @Varcron
    Pretty sure that just means "villager"
    You're famous, Frinckles! What are your reads btw frink?
    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Eh, come on, I'm not that bad, am I ?...
    Don't answer that.
    I meant meh as in "idk what to make out of it yet". Probably should've meh'd vacron's too for consistency.
    I'll answer anyway, no you're not that bad but the memes are fun xD

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    I don't agree with the vote, but I like mizery read. I can't help but feel that THAT level of buddying and confidence is a little concerning this early on, but I still like it.
    I've only played a single game with the slot and I recall them not really playing at all on D1, and they were scum ! That being said, I wasn't on on the first day in that game, soooooo there's that... In that game (Bisected Souls), Martin followed MM & Lag vouching Mizery was in their scum meta.
    This game, on the other hand, it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing, and since there's nothing to fish for if you're scum, it feels towny to me. It's probably fakeable, so I definitely won't be as adamant as Martin, though.



    I... Hate this post. We got it, you really wanna shitpost. Can we move past that, now that you've wasted a third of your posts ?
    What's more, the way this is written really feels like you're shitposting first and only then reluctantly spewing reads if directly asked to. That doesn't feel town at all... Either you're willing to share your thoughts and should do it right away, or you're not (which I dislike but I can see the reasoning (hi ren)), in which case you wouldn't have said anything. This weird in-between doesn't fit for a town IMO.



    I am curious to know what mizery will make of their reads now that Varcron has been more vocal about their MM distrust (#24).
    I never know what to make of "random" votes with no context whatsoever, so I often end up ignoring them. I guess I'm kinda making an exception here ?



    Idk how I feel about this one. The tipoff to norway makes me feel much better about it, tho. Can't help but feel like varcron is reproaching MM about making a big deal out of fluff, but MM making a deal out of fluff kinda feels like fluff to me, so it feels kinda incoherent to me, idk. I guess it's really not fluff to them.

    Spoiler : Bonus early readslist :

    As of post #25

    # TOWNCORE



    # Confident town



    # Probable Town



    # Town feel

    Mizery
    Marshmallow Marshall
    OzyWho
    MartinGG99

    # Null

    Renegade
    Varcron

    # scum feel

    oliverz144 // This is (mostly) a joke ! Sorry, oliverz... Not sorry.

    # probable scum



    # confident scum

    Norwee

    # CONFIRMED 100% trust me scum


    What is Mizery fishing for here? I don't see it.

    I agree with you on Norwee to the extent that he should stop wasting posts. I'm not sure it's really scummy, though; if anything, it feels like he actually wants to have fun and is genuinely carefree (as opposed to Ozy's fake shitposts early on that were really... not genuine xD, probably on purpose). That being said, if he doesn't move on from this, it will indeed be weird.

    Considering you're making big deals out of my big deals on post #26 and are able to discuss serious content on the very first page of the game, I'd say we're already pretty far from fluffy RVS zone lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  42. ISO #42

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Meh, now both you and Ozy are claiming the hill of "got the ball rolling" as an excuse for the odd jousting?




    What does V mean?


    --- Not a fan of Frinckles blowing 4 posts on nothing.



    I actually agree here. I think there is waste with people like Frinckles blowing through useless posts but we need more discussion.
    Yes... but you're kinda repeating the same non-content as before lol, which isn't exactly amazing for discussion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Take this as a compliment, but I'm expecting more from you - Oxy is extremely low hanging fruit. And what you wrote after just strikes me as trying so hard to play it safe while appearing to make a statement..

    -vote MartinGG99
    .
    How is Ozy LHF?

    [br][/br]

    I just want to say that we're all having incredibly long convos in a library in order to "be quiet". This is obviously a much better solution than saying many little things in short convos
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  43. ISO #43

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I really should change my avatar. Perhaps. Maybe. Someday.


    I think Ozy knows me well enough to know I don't actually think he's equivalent to Ceko in any way lol, it was merely to provide an example to strenghten my point. As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like? He seems lighthearted/carefree enough to me, although that may just be his game personality and not a towntell.



    Propose post rationing measures, propose to vote those wasting posts on pure troll, w/e. Solutions exist, and if Renegade were so keen to prevent the setup's specificities from being detrimental to us, he could easily have said something. Saying a plain nothing about it is just pointing at an obvious issue, bringing nothing new to the table, and it feels like he wants us to think he's thinking about the game without actually doing more.
    I certainly see how he could give a beginning of a read on either of us. I did it with Ozy, after all. Plus, this was just an example of something that would have made sense from him in a town mentality, not an absolute requirement.
    This is merely the development of my point. Formulating complete thoughts when you voice scumreads isn't just "not fluff", it's the right thing to do lol. If anything, it feels like you are the one trying to paint me as a scumpainter for voicing a read on Renegade, or even that you're chainsaw defending him. I'm not sure what your point is; you mean that we are supposed to avoid detailing our reads?

    And in general, calling my posts shitposts in disguise/fluff/etc. seems pretty dishonest, considering they're the ones that generated the most meaningful discussion (if you count Ozy's, which sparked mine, into the streak). What do you think of Renegade himself?
    Your first post primarily was the cause of discussion (of which I already said that was okay, it was a genuine post and genuine vote). It was the later posts that I referred to as fluffy.

    But what post rationing measures are there to point out? I don't really see what he could have said seeing as we have people with sub 5 posts still in this game (myself included). I do see what you mean about making us think of the game more without posting suggestions, however if he is scum that really benefits us more than him as we would have figured out a plan for the town. I'd suggest one myself, however I think the posting habits of basically everyone here currently are to what we should expect in a game such as this.

    Okay, I concede that it could give the beginnings of a read, you made a really good point here.

    For some people it makes more sense to write more lyrical and large posts for their reads, in my eyes though that has a habit of just cluttering things most of the time. Seeing it now what you said worked and caused meaningful interaction with me primarily, but in general the longer (may I say "*fluffier*") posts tend to re iterate previous points without really adding much to it.

    Also I'm not chainsaw defending Ren as much as conversing with you currently and debating on points of your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  44. ISO #44

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    WOW, did not expect to meet you here.
    Likewise, but you should expect to meet me everywhere, tbh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    I've only played a single game with the slot and I recall them not really playing at all on D1, and they were scum ! That being said, I wasn't on on the first day in that game, soooooo there's that... In that game (Bisected Souls), Martin followed MM & Lag vouching Mizery was in their scum meta.
    Yeah so I litterally didn't realize the game had started and then was working and didn't have time to post and then died D1
    If i was in my Elim meta for not posting then that was an accident, especially because my Elim meta has nothing to do with not posting on D1.

    --

    @loldebite
    What am i fishing for? where is it? I want to call this an interesting read but the only way it can swing for me right now is bad because of the lack of fishing i have intended to put out there.

    Why do you think that Varcron having opposing views on MM from me would make me wolfread him/change my townread on him? I liked his opener and approach to the Ozy bits, the "who really cares right now, there's still more posts and time" is what i got from it and I unironically think that's a good attitude to have. People will overreact to small postcaps in games and underpost and worry about actually having discussions but tbh with everyone watching their posts I don't think that's going to be a problem.

    Realtiming with people isn't really going to be a thing and that's basically what it cuts. Some people get their best reads from those, but I do think although very helpful it's not a necessary part. It does mean that a lot is going to be relying on meta more than anything else basically, which I don't really have much of on you guys.

    --

    @MM regardless of if someone "knows you're not really comparing them to ceko," you're still. Well. Comparing them to ceko. Not just about them but about other people viewing your posts and if that's not really what you intended then you should have clarified, because they are very different situations. Your response wasn't to ozy, but Norwee, who you would be trying to appeal to using that, so yeah.

    as for norwee, lot of what norwee has been doing hasn't been productive either if you look at it. Pulls a vc, pulls a postcount for players, busywork to seem useful imo. talks about their meta, posts random songs- what is there to like? The vibe? How can you be okay with norwee then and not Ozy?

    besides that though, this post
    Spoiler : this post :
    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    No.
    I'm normally the guy that ends up with 800 smaller posts when i actually try to play a game for real. So put away that and i can barely function as i normally do. Typing these long posts is in fact, really annoying.
    Other than that i'm also pretty unfamiliar with most of you, so i don't have any strong or confident reads cus i mostly rely on meta. And it's been forever since i last played a game on this site in particular. And there are much fewer posts i can gander at because of the limitations, which makes it harder. So i just default to shitposting and being social cus that's what i find fun. Is it townie generally speaking? No not really. But that's how i always play, so you might need to reassess for me in particular cus that's just how i do my stuff.
    Anyway i'm pretty used to being scumread for my posts, it happens every time i play on a new site. xD
    I think my town playstyle in general is pretty scummy, while i as scum tend to be much more careful, formal and survivalistic.

    feels like deja vu so i want to townread it.

    --

    sb isn't very villagery. not a fan of the formatting/wording of his likes/dislikes list. yes this is a read. I want to village read his worry about EoD but in reality it's NAI because wolves not knowing what's going to happen at EoD with all these townies with posts isn't good for them either.

    MM and Varcron remain townreads for now. MM is definitely not a top townread, just a probably won't vote today unless i change my mind which i might but until then i am not changing my mind kinda read, you know ? but also he actually read through ozy's copypastas and like. why. maybe not knowing what they were and therefore....idk. but yeah, taking them too seriously.

    trying to figure out if Loldebite is just trying to pocket me.

    Renegade just continues to be kinda ? like do you have anything to say on people who aren't easy targets (Norwee, Ozy, MM, Frink) to talk about shitposting? And then you say you don't like frink fluffing, but then say ozy is lhf and people pushing him for fluffing are sus?

    I will say that I am inclined to village read the topposters more in a game like this simply because of my own meta in games, I end up postcapping as town and usually not as a wolf because I worry a lot more about having posts to spend later on at EoD.
    I don't really know how this would translate over to this small of a game because that's more thinking 50-150 postcap, and not 15.

    Stealth not w/w with Frink/Lol.
    Varcron not w/w with MM.

    It seems like people are treating MM as if his early suspicions on Ozy were exaggerated and fake to start discussion, and are townreading him on that. Can We get confirmation from MM on what was happening at SoD? Because from my impression there was actual suspicion/annoyance from MM at Ozy for posting a lot of nothings, and that it wasn't just MM trying to get discussion happening.

    I'm probably forgetting something but anything else and I'm pretty sure this post would become indigestible beyond belief.

  45. ISO #45

  46. ISO #46

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Oh yeah the colors from varcron's post make it a nightmare to read for me and so if it seems like im not comprehending something someone says who either quotes varcron's posts or responds with the different colors that's why. Headaches.
    I'm sorry for the headache ._. just makes it easier for me to respond to specific stuff rather than quoting everything, I'll start doing that to make your life a bit easier as well.

    I'll respond to more stuff tomorrow, but just for now I do really like your post with the reads etc that you have. For those of you panicked about post counts I still have 10 to use if I'm not mistaken, plenty for the panicked end of day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  47. ISO #47

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    I can't see MM's mentality in context of his game history as anything but wolfy. Bruh is just oozing with negativity.
    His thoughts on Ren felt possible, but even that felt tonally more shade throwy than solvy. (#19)
    And that appeal of comparing my play to a different player in a different game where they shot someone SoD1? Honestly, FM should have it's own special set of that type of fallacies. Same goes for Martin's "he was good a different game, that means nobody should be eligable to feel like they're low hanging fruit this game". [The latter is irrelevant for my thoughts in this game]

    Loldebite's posts feel genuine. Every time I look at what he is referring to in his comments, I have this "ohh, I can see him seeing it like that" type of reaction. There's comments like ""MM's second post feels genuine to me, which doesn't mean it comes from town in this case, but I it does make MM less suspicious in my eyes" that rise my eyebrows - but he has multiple times indicated of feeling cognitive dissonance wrt his reads on people, which in the larger view of his slot becomes actually town indicative for me.
    loldebite, I have to ask you 1 question though. Why is Mizery your top townread?
    You originally said "Mizery's opening is meh IMO.", after which Mizery made only post #23 - where they voted you.
    I know you said "it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing" and that you heard people saying Mizery doesn't post as wolf.
    I honestly don't know what to expect here, I know you technically already elaborated, but like, I just want my mind at ease you know? I suppose it's all relative and everyone else is less Towny than Mizery?

    Varcron is just town imho.
    Like there's nothing more to it.
    Even a Town!Varcron is usually so careful/anxious/UTR, that he get's D1 lynched most of the games. A Wolf!Varcron, I think, is just frozen. Here he's almost the least UTR out of everyone, while I just agree with his scumread on MM to no end.

    I see nothing note worthy about Norwee and Mizery, though Norwee feels unhinged and Mizery feels different than the last game (only game I remember how she was) - where she was wolf. I guess I townlean them both. (thought's on this get added in a later paragraph, blame SB16)

    I foresee a frink policy lynch at some point ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    I love SB16's opening post tbh. His thoughts on loldebite mirror mine, and he put my attention to Mizery's early post where they voted Norwee. I see I originally misread Mizery's post and I like it, same as SB16. Also, Mizery's progression for switching away from Norwee for the reason that she stated - it's just so towny to me tbh. (MM's "As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like?" suggests to me he didn't try to look into it himself. I mean, it's literally 1 sentence to look up where she voted Norwee, which was also her only other post at the time)
    I can see SB16 liking MM's vote on me, if it takes nothing else into account. Which it doesn't, and idk why?

    Not reading #40's big part. Because of the poster being wolf confirmed and him talking to a pure villager| not worth my time.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Neither is #43

    No thought's on Ren and Martin atm though. But by pre-flipping MM as a Wolf, I feel that Renegade's #11 makes him less likely to be W/W with MM than Martin's #39.

    My vote on MM is locked.
    I've about half my posts left.
    If anyone, who's not MM, has any specific questions (not generalized questions) - feel free to ask, but do do mention me though.

    @deathworlds
    If, MM and Martin are W/W, then Ozy is God
    If, only MM, then Ozy is average.
    If, MM is town, then Ozy is just bad.
    Calling it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  48. ISO #48

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    I agree with you on Norwee to the extent that he should stop wasting posts. I'm not sure it's really scummy, though; if anything, it feels like he actually wants to have fun and is genuinely carefree (as opposed to Ozy's fake shitposts early on that were really... not genuine xD, probably on purpose). That being said, if he doesn't move on from this, it will indeed be weird.
    This feels kinda pockety in that it's almost like ur trying to appease me by saying what i want to hear rather than genuine thought? Like to try to explain, it kinda feels like a wolf looking at a town and being like "ah yes, this could be town doing this because that's what it looks like from my scum POV" rather than. "It could be town rather than scum but i am not sure it couldn't also just be scum as i am unsure". Two entirely different mentalities.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I see nothing note worthy about Norwee and Mizery, though Norwee feels unhinged
    What? This is an very rude way of addressing someone. Are you questioning my mental condition? Elaborate.

    Agree with townreads on Mizery so far. Also think i townread Stealth and maybe OzyWho.
    This might be a weird read, but i feel like Frinckles posts are so low effort and bad that they turn around from being scummy to actually feeling townie to me. So that’s why i voted Renegade instead of them. Btw Renegade’s newest posts are better to me so ima unvote.
    Considering voting MM again but i’ll give it more time.

    -vote Unvote
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  49. ISO #49

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Oh yeah the colors from varcron's post make it a nightmare to read for me and so if it seems like im not comprehending something someone says who either quotes varcron's posts or responds with the different colors that's why. Headaches.
    If you envision what Varcron types minus the colors, he's pretty much the towniest person here.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

  50. ISO #50

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Oliver/Ren/SB/Martin

    Lag always says I have good D1 reads and there's been plenty to sift through. Two scum in the pool above.**

    As an aside, I like these Mafia rules. But this lobby is full of players who can write walls of bullshit in their sleep, so that's where I'm gonna vote.

    -vote Martingg99


    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I foresee a frink policy lynch at some point ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    @EveryoneNotOzy If I die, pillowpush Loldebite D2 and then CFD to Ozy when he doesn't expect it. I am completely serious. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    **I'm invoking my Wildcard read on MM because I cannot read him ever. But I agree with Norwee that he's scummy, except that would make him Town in this case cuz' meta.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •