S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread - Page 2
Register

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 319
  1. ISO #51

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    What? This is an very rude way of addressing someone. Are you questioning my mental condition? Elaborate.
    Sorry, that's not what I meant.
    According to google, it seems I never knew the true meaning of unhinged? But I think everyone's been using it like that?
    Well, for clarification - I meant something like a combination of carefree and unhesitant. As in, you're not concerned about your optics enough to be a wolf. (Btw, isn't deliberately acting carefree n stuff what some people, mistakenly, define as `Open Wolfing` ?)



    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    @EveryoneNotOzy If I die, pillowpush Loldebite D2 and then CFD to Ozy when he doesn't expect it. I am completely serious. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    **I'm invoking my Wildcard read on MM because I cannot read him ever. But I agree with Norwee that he's scummy, except that would make him Town in this case cuz' meta.
    -Agreeing with Norwee while not even mentioning me wrt MM being scummy.
    -Jokes about my slot, doesn't interact with me.
    -Uses scum tactic words like "pillowpushing".

    Bruh, I'd call us w/w if I were in other people's shoes right now.




    I seem to somehow to have voted Lag in #37. Go figure
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  2. ISO #52

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quickly going through stuff

    Spoiler : Mizery's #44 :
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    Likewise, but you should expect to meet me everywhere, tbh.


    Yeah so I litterally didn't realize the game had started and then was working and didn't have time to post and then died D1
    If i was in my Elim meta for not posting then that was an accident, especially because my Elim meta has nothing to do with not posting on D1.

    --

    @loldebite
    What am i fishing for? where is it? I want to call this an interesting read but the only way it can swing for me right now is bad because of the lack of fishing i have intended to put out there.

    Why do you think that Varcron having opposing views on MM from me would make me wolfread him/change my townread on him? I liked his opener and approach to the Ozy bits, the "who really cares right now, there's still more posts and time" is what i got from it and I unironically think that's a good attitude to have. People will overreact to small postcaps in games and underpost and worry about actually having discussions but tbh with everyone watching their posts I don't think that's going to be a problem.

    Realtiming with people isn't really going to be a thing and that's basically what it cuts. Some people get their best reads from those, but I do think although very helpful it's not a necessary part. It does mean that a lot is going to be relying on meta more than anything else basically, which I don't really have much of on you guys.

    --

    @MM regardless of if someone "knows you're not really comparing them to ceko," you're still. Well. Comparing them to ceko. Not just about them but about other people viewing your posts and if that's not really what you intended then you should have clarified, because they are very different situations. Your response wasn't to ozy, but Norwee, who you would be trying to appeal to using that, so yeah.

    as for norwee, lot of what norwee has been doing hasn't been productive either if you look at it. Pulls a vc, pulls a postcount for players, busywork to seem useful imo. talks about their meta, posts random songs- what is there to like? The vibe? How can you be okay with norwee then and not Ozy?

    besides that though, this post
    Spoiler : this post :


    feels like deja vu so i want to townread it.

    --

    sb isn't very villagery. not a fan of the formatting/wording of his likes/dislikes list. yes this is a read. I want to village read his worry about EoD but in reality it's NAI because wolves not knowing what's going to happen at EoD with all these townies with posts isn't good for them either.

    MM and Varcron remain townreads for now. MM is definitely not a top townread, just a probably won't vote today unless i change my mind which i might but until then i am not changing my mind kinda read, you know ? but also he actually read through ozy's copypastas and like. why. maybe not knowing what they were and therefore....idk. but yeah, taking them too seriously.

    trying to figure out if Loldebite is just trying to pocket me.

    Renegade just continues to be kinda ? like do you have anything to say on people who aren't easy targets (Norwee, Ozy, MM, Frink) to talk about shitposting? And then you say you don't like frink fluffing, but then say ozy is lhf and people pushing him for fluffing are sus?

    I will say that I am inclined to village read the topposters more in a game like this simply because of my own meta in games, I end up postcapping as town and usually not as a wolf because I worry a lot more about having posts to spend later on at EoD.
    I don't really know how this would translate over to this small of a game because that's more thinking 50-150 postcap, and not 15.

    Stealth not w/w with Frink/Lol.
    Varcron not w/w with MM.

    It seems like people are treating MM as if his early suspicions on Ozy were exaggerated and fake to start discussion, and are townreading him on that. Can We get confirmation from MM on what was happening at SoD? Because from my impression there was actual suspicion/annoyance from MM at Ozy for posting a lot of nothings, and that it wasn't just MM trying to get discussion happening.

    I'm probably forgetting something but anything else and I'm pretty sure this post would become indigestible beyond belief.


    Fishing for scum. There shouldn't be any other fish worth catching in here anyway, are there ? Not even the smallest PR. I consider your vote on me is "fishing" ie trying to provoke a reaction (I assume).
    I do not mean that it will change anything in your reads, but I am interested to see who you will think is right, because they cannot be both.
    What do you mean by "realtiming" ?

    I don't even remember how did MM compare ozy to ceko, it didn't strike me. I'd say it was, to paraphrase varcron, fluff and mostly irrelevant.

    renegade feels like he was in other games I've played with them : infuriatingly uncommunicative. In said games they were town, tho. I don't think they've done actual scummy things yet so IMO the slot is still null.

    Anything I'm not replying to is not something I'm choosing to ignore but simply something I've got nothing to say about.

  3. ISO #53

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    We have what 8 or so hours until EOD.
    @Loldebite can you be more specific about how I am being "infuriatingly uncommunicative"? I don't really take offense to that I just fail to see the source of that comment. Have you asked me anything I haven't answered?

    Regarding today's lynch, I will note that it is optional according to the setup. Purely numbers wise, we are more likely to mislynch today than on any other day. I'm not voting to skip, but I am throwing it out there.

  4. ISO #54

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Sorry, that's not what I meant.
    According to google, it seems I never knew the true meaning of unhinged? But I think everyone's been using it like that?
    Well, for clarification - I meant something like a combination of carefree and unhesitant. As in, you're not concerned about your optics enough to be a wolf. (Btw, isn't deliberately acting carefree n stuff what some people, mistakenly, define as `Open Wolfing` ?)




    -Agreeing with Norwee while not even mentioning me wrt MM being scummy.
    -Jokes about my slot, doesn't interact with me.
    -Uses scum tactic words like "pillowpushing".

    Bruh, I'd call us w/w if I were in other people's shoes right now.


    I seem to somehow to have voted Lag in #37. Go figure
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    STOP SCUMPAINTING ME
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

  5. ISO #55

  6. ISO #56

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    STOP SCUMPAINTING ME
    I'd never
    Spoiler : :

    Spoiler : :





    Btw, Mizery, thank you for being someone cultured in here
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    but also he actually read through ozy's copypastas and like. why. maybe not knowing what they were and therefore....idk. but yeah, taking them too seriously.
    Spoiler : :














    Spoiler : sorry. possibly. maybe. I just had to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

    -vote Marshmallow Marshall
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  7. ISO #57

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    @OzyWho

    If you happen to be awake before EoD, I would appreciate any sort of response to this post.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I can't see MM's mentality in context of his game history as anything but wolfy. Bruh is just oozing with negativity.
    His thoughts on Ren felt possible, but even that felt tonally more shade throwy than solvy. (#19)
    And that appeal of comparing my play to a different player in a different game where they shot someone SoD1? Honestly, FM should have it's own special set of that type of fallacies. Same goes for Martin's "he was good a different game, that means nobody should be eligable to feel like they're low hanging fruit this game". [The latter is irrelevant for my thoughts in this game]

    [quote snipped]

    I love SB16's opening post tbh. His thoughts on loldebite mirror mine, and he put my attention to Mizery's early post where they voted Norwee. I see I originally misread Mizery's post and I like it, same as SB16. Also, Mizery's progression for switching away from Norwee for the reason that she stated - it's just so towny to me tbh. (MM's "As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like?" suggests to me he didn't try to look into it himself. I mean, it's literally 1 sentence to look up where she voted Norwee, which was also her only other post at the time)
    I can see SB16 liking MM's vote on me, if it takes nothing else into account. Which it doesn't, and idk why?

    No thought's on Ren and Martin atm though. But by pre-flipping MM as a Wolf, I feel that Renegade's #11 makes him less likely to be W/W with MM than Martin's #39.

    [quote snipped]

    My vote on MM is locked.
    I've about half my posts left.
    If anyone, who's not MM, has any specific questions (not generalized questions) - feel free to ask, but do do mention me though.

    @deathworlds
    If, MM and Martin are W/W, then Ozy is God
    If, only MM, then Ozy is average.
    If, MM is town, then Ozy is just bad.
    Calling it now.
    Regarding the orange part: It isn't a logical fallacy, its just fact because people typically don't want to chop the more capable players of a game. Some exceptions exist though, see Frinkles vote on me for example where I think he's basically fear-voting me.

    Regarding the light-pink part: Or maybe you didn't look into Mizery's vote enough to realize Norwee's post (which Mizery voted for) has a fair amount of text in it and so MM was asking for more specification on reasoning for the vote beyond just broadly "comments on MM".

    1. Regarding the red part: No thoughts on me and yet you decided to NOT interact with my vote on you or even interact with Ren at all? (And you saw it some time ago, my vote was p#21 and you posted at p#37)

    You had like 8-12 hours (8 if counting my post after your p#37) to figure out anything more from my slot or what you could do to interact. But you just sat here and did nothing, and didn't generate any interaction with me.

    What happened to this belief earlier in the day phase? To me, you were demonstrating a willingness to make things just *happen* through interaction and discussion but here you've ignored me in that regard.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    So, what happened here is I got the game rolling. (see we got something to talk about already and not just say hi to each other?)

    Honestly, it worked out much better than I hoped for.
    MM has this "I hate everything" mentality going on. For context: this'd be at least his 3rd wolf game in a row, if not more, and beyond that he has famously been wolf like more than half of the games on SC2Mafia. (see my last hosted game, where he got to be town after another long spree of wolfing - he was dancing on clouds as happy as he was!)
    blink and mag - the two players who are best at reading MM - have claimed they catch him wolfing when they see him not enjoying the game. I remember them teasing him that he can't fake that

    This MM? With this "I hate stuff" attitude? In the context of his game history and his game meta?
    I like it ╰(*´︶`*)╯
    This post pinged me as feeling very "Look-At-Me-I'm-So-Town" and given that you have not followed-through with it gives me the impression you are a wolf. This was the whole point of my choice to vote you even while I was undecided, because I needed more from you to see if I was right or wrong on that feeling.

    On a separate note: How come "If, MM is town, then Ozy is just bad." is regardless of whether I would be scum or not?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  8. ISO #58

  9. ISO #59

  10. ISO #60

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Your first post primarily was the cause of discussion (of which I already said that was okay, it was a genuine post and genuine vote). It was the later posts that I referred to as fluffy.

    But what post rationing measures are there to point out? I don't really see what he could have said seeing as we have people with sub 5 posts still in this game (myself included). I do see what you mean about making us think of the game more without posting suggestions, however if he is scum that really benefits us more than him as we would have figured out a plan for the town. I'd suggest one myself, however I think the posting habits of basically everyone here currently are to what we should expect in a game such as this.

    Okay, I concede that it could give the beginnings of a read, you made a really good point here.

    For some people it makes more sense to write more lyrical and large posts for their reads, in my eyes though that has a habit of just cluttering things most of the time. Seeing it now what you said worked and caused meaningful interaction with me primarily, but in general the longer (may I say "*fluffier*") posts tend to re iterate previous points without really adding much to it.

    Also I'm not chainsaw defending Ren as much as conversing with you currently and debating on points of your argument.
    Ehh, I guess the reason some people don't detail their reads is because they see it as "fluff", and this specific post really doesn't strike me as a scumpaint attempt... I guess you're fine enough on this point. That being said, what do you think of Renegade, again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    STOP SCUMPAINTING ME
    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    You are probably the most towny person around by virtue of otter reads lmao. I'm not exactly amazing at reading you, though, so who knows, but I think you really just wanna have fun and I like it
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  11. ISO #61

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    -vote Renegade


    Pending Ozy's response to me, I'd rather vote the guy has a more wolfy reason of voting me.

    However, a skip vote may be good for everyone in general given the nature of this game so I am ironically agreeing with Renegade in that regard. Besides, if the wolves do decide to night-kill, we can discuss that as well. Either they take out someone who's had their fair share of attention or d1 interactions, and so we can discuss that if desired, or they take out some seemingly irrelevant slot (to avoid night-kill-analysis) that could be a potential mislynch later down the road.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  12. ISO #62

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    However, a skip vote may be good for everyone in general given the nature of this game so I am ironically agreeing with Renegade in that regard. Besides, if the wolves do decide to night-kill, we can discuss that as well. Either they take out someone who's had their fair share of attention or d1 interactions, and so we can discuss that if desired, or they take out some seemingly irrelevant slot (to avoid night-kill-analysis) that could be a potential mislynch later down the road.
    come to think of it I don't think there's any consensus town slot off the top of my head

    Except maybe Mizery
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  13. ISO #63

  14. ISO #64

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I can't see MM's mentality in context of his game history as anything but wolfy. Bruh is just oozing with negativity.
    His thoughts on Ren felt possible, but even that felt tonally more shade throwy than solvy. (#19)
    And that appeal of comparing my play to a different player in a different game where they shot someone SoD1? Honestly, FM should have it's own special set of that type of fallacies. Same goes for Martin's "he was good a different game, that means nobody should be eligable to feel like they're low hanging fruit this game". [The latter is irrelevant for my thoughts in this game]

    Loldebite's posts feel genuine. Every time I look at what he is referring to in his comments, I have this "ohh, I can see him seeing it like that" type of reaction. There's comments like ""MM's second post feels genuine to me, which doesn't mean it comes from town in this case, but I it does make MM less suspicious in my eyes" that rise my eyebrows - but he has multiple times indicated of feeling cognitive dissonance wrt his reads on people, which in the larger view of his slot becomes actually town indicative for me.
    loldebite, I have to ask you 1 question though. Why is Mizery your top townread?
    You originally said "Mizery's opening is meh IMO.", after which Mizery made only post #23 - where they voted you.
    I know you said "it really feels like Mizery is genuinely fishing" and that you heard people saying Mizery doesn't post as wolf.
    I honestly don't know what to expect here, I know you technically already elaborated, but like, I just want my mind at ease you know? I suppose it's all relative and everyone else is less Towny than Mizery?

    Varcron is just town imho.
    Like there's nothing more to it.
    Even a Town!Varcron is usually so careful/anxious/UTR, that he get's D1 lynched most of the games. A Wolf!Varcron, I think, is just frozen. Here he's almost the least UTR out of everyone, while I just agree with his scumread on MM to no end.

    I see nothing note worthy about Norwee and Mizery, though Norwee feels unhinged and Mizery feels different than the last game (only game I remember how she was) - where she was wolf. I guess I townlean them both. (thought's on this get added in a later paragraph, blame SB16)

    I foresee a frink policy lynch at some point ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    I love SB16's opening post tbh. His thoughts on loldebite mirror mine, and he put my attention to Mizery's early post where they voted Norwee. I see I originally misread Mizery's post and I like it, same as SB16. Also, Mizery's progression for switching away from Norwee for the reason that she stated - it's just so towny to me tbh. (MM's "As for Norwee, what exactly do you not like?" suggests to me he didn't try to look into it himself. I mean, it's literally 1 sentence to look up where she voted Norwee, which was also her only other post at the time)
    I can see SB16 liking MM's vote on me, if it takes nothing else into account. Which it doesn't, and idk why?

    Not reading #40's big part. Because of the poster being wolf confirmed and him talking to a pure villager| not worth my time.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Neither is #43

    No thought's on Ren and Martin atm though. But by pre-flipping MM as a Wolf, I feel that Renegade's #11 makes him less likely to be W/W with MM than Martin's #39.

    My vote on MM is locked.
    I've about half my posts left.
    If anyone, who's not MM, has any specific questions (not generalized questions) - feel free to ask, but do do mention me though.

    @deathworlds
    If, MM and Martin are W/W, then Ozy is God
    If, only MM, then Ozy is average.
    If, MM is town, then Ozy is just bad.
    Calling it now.
    Hume, out of this account! "It's not because scum have done 'too scummy to be scum' stuff in the past that they can still do it! Induction is INVALID!" :P

    I will only ask you one specific question in order to avoid you skipping my post like you did with the heart of my thoughts: are you actually tunnelled, or are you just scum? This question is of utmost importance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  15. ISO #65

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    @OzyWho

    If you happen to be awake before EoD, I would appreciate any sort of response to this post.



    Regarding the orange part: It isn't a logical fallacy, its just fact because people typically don't want to chop the more capable players of a game. Some exceptions exist though, see Frinkles vote on me for example where I think he's basically fear-voting me.
    One or both of us is missing the point here. I was refering to how in your mind it's impossible for Ren to see me as the LHF here. Nothing of what you said here responds to that.


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Regarding the light-pink part: Or maybe you didn't look into Mizery's vote enough to realize Norwee's post (which Mizery voted for) has a fair amount of text in it and so MM was asking for more specification on reasoning for the vote beyond just broadly "comments on MM".
    Mizery said "comments on people who aren't MM?" - where Norwee's post was about only MM (and my copypasta). No comments about Varcron, no comments about Mizery, no comments about Renegade in that post.
    There is 0 room for confusion here. I disagree with your idea.
    Maybe MM wanted to make sure? That's possible. But there is no "what exactly" to be confused about.


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    1. Regarding the red part: No thoughts on me and yet you decided to NOT interact with my vote on you or even interact with Ren at all? (And you saw it some time ago, my vote was p#21 and you posted at p#37)

    You had like 8-12 hours (8 if counting my post after your p#37) to figure out anything more from my slot or what you could do to interact. But you just sat here and did nothing, and didn't generate any interaction with me.

    What happened to this belief earlier in the day phase? To me, you were demonstrating a willingness to make things just *happen* through interaction and discussion but here you've ignored me in that regard.
    You had 2 posts, with no content in them whatsoever. Maybe the least out of everyone except the 0 poster.
    I'm unsure of what you were expecting me to talk to you about tbh.


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    This post pinged me as feeling very "Look-At-Me-I'm-So-Town" and given that you have not followed-through with it gives me the impression you are a wolf. This was the whole point of my choice to vote you even while I was undecided, because I needed more from you to see if I was right or wrong on that feeling.

    On a separate note: How come "If, MM is town, then Ozy is just bad." is regardless of whether I would be scum or not?
    Ngl, I don't understand what you're saying here. In my "LAMIST" post - I was transparent about my own actions while commenting on what makes MM wolfy there. You have no comments about my MM case there?
    If you read very very carefully that post of "then ozy is bad" - you'll find a process of elimination, where at the end you're compared with Ren who's more likely to be w/w with MM, assuming MM-preflip.



    Ftr,
    I don't want to lynch MM anymore, today.
    Ftr, I'm a highly neurotic person and if you aim any aggressiveness towards me - I have trouble looking past it. Same goes for when someone goes out of their way to not be cooperative, though that one is more possible for me to get past.

    I'd actually prefer a Norwee lynch now, but I'm on principle against it for they're the most new here and it's Day1.
    -unvote

    Not sure who'd be the best hit here atm
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  16. ISO #66

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Ozy's response is good enough.

    I still think he didn't follow-through but reading his other posts I felt he was town simply because they felt less fabricated or agenda-y. Ex: #51 and #56.

    I also thought his "ozy is X skill" reasoning was towny, I just wanted to confront him with those details I mentioned.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  17. ISO #67

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hume, out of this account! "It's not because scum have done 'too scummy to be scum' stuff in the past that they can still do it! Induction is INVALID!" :P

    I will only ask you one specific question in order to avoid you skipping my post like you did with the heart of my thoughts: are you actually tunnelled, or are you just scum? This question is of utmost importance.
    Bruh, it took me like 30 hours to be even capable of reading past "I only hate you", and even that was just by bits and pieces.
    Now I got past that and did a full re-read and, hence my unvote.
    Don't mess with my neuroticism; is my suggestion.
    Like, even when loldebite said "Anything I'm not replying to is not something I'm choosing to ignore but simply something I've got nothing to say about." - I had a tough time getting past what I felt as a "blatantly going against cooperating with me" for ignoring my question. It took effort to get past it. Again, don't mess with my neuroticism ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  18. ISO #68

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    -vote Renegade


    Pending Ozy's response to me, I'd rather vote the guy has a more wolfy reason of voting me.

    However, a skip vote may be good for everyone in general given the nature of this game so I am ironically agreeing with Renegade in that regard. Besides, if the wolves do decide to night-kill, we can discuss that as well. Either they take out someone who's had their fair share of attention or d1 interactions, and so we can discuss that if desired, or they take out some seemingly irrelevant slot (to avoid night-kill-analysis) that could be a potential mislynch later down the road.
    Marino, I expected more. I guess it is self pres to tie us as trains for now, then again I am always shouting that self pres is NAI.

    But of all the people so far in this game, I am the best target because I am ... voting you? Please tell me there is more to your vote.

  19. ISO #69

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Mizery said "comments on people who aren't MM?" - where Norwee's post was about only MM (and my copypasta). No comments about Varcron, no comments about Mizery, no comments about Renegade in that post.
    There is 0 room for confusion here. I disagree with your idea.
    Maybe MM wanted to make sure? That's possible. But there is no "what exactly" to be confused about.

    You had 2 posts, with no content in them whatsoever. Maybe the least out of everyone except the 0 poster.
    I'm unsure of what you were expecting me to talk to you about tbh.

    Ngl, I don't understand what you're saying here. In my "LAMIST" post - I was transparent about my own actions while commenting on what makes MM wolfy there. You have no comments about my MM case there?
    I don't particularly care for continuing this discussion any more, per my previous post, but in order of the sentences above:

    1. MM was asking to a level of specification. If Mizery was truly voting people *just* for talking about MM he should've voted you as well lol. Context is important, and Mizery didn't mention what that important context was which made Norwee's comments bad.

    2. You could've just pried more for what I was talking about. Or something. Just anything for a reaction that even may be the slightest helpful. Instead you didn't interact at all.

    3. I thought that was an early game joke case, which later turned serious, so I didn't have any comments on your MM case then.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  20. ISO #70

  21. ISO #71

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    Ozy's response is good enough.

    I still think he didn't follow-through but reading his other posts I felt he was town simply because they felt less fabricated or agenda-y. Ex: #51 and #56.

    I also thought his "ozy is X skill" reasoning was towny, I just wanted to confront him with those details I mentioned.
    I have 3 posts left, and I use this 1 to ask you - please respond to all 3 my answers of yours color questions with as great detail as you can. I'll probably decide between voting you, ren, norwee, perhaps mm again. And one of those names is greatly dependent on how cooperative you'll feel to me in a moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  22. ISO #72

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    I have 3 posts left, and I use this 1 to ask you - please respond to all 3 my answers of yours color questions with as great detail as you can. I'll probably decide between voting you, ren, norwee, perhaps mm again. And one of those names is greatly dependent on how cooperative you'll feel to me in a moment.
    You should use one of your posts to write 200 words for Oliver.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

  23. ISO #73

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Marino, I expected more. I guess it is self pres to tie us as trains for now, then again I am always shouting that self pres is NAI.

    But of all the people so far in this game, I am the best target because I am ... voting you? Please tell me there is more to your vote.
    There isn't much more to it, its what I have right now with the posts that are available to me.

    I didn't really put my usual amount of focus/effort into this game until now because of the trainwreck that was the game that I hosted, which kinda demotivated me for FM in general, but also this was a low-post game and I don't generally have interest in those. But I feel more interested again and so here I am.

    Preferably I would not like to die, as then I would have no say on what happens later with the town's discussions.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  24. ISO #74

  25. ISO #75

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    1. MM was asking to a level of specification. If Mizery was truly voting people *just* for talking about MM he should've voted you as well lol. Context is important, and Mizery didn't mention what that important context was which made Norwee's comments bad.
    Context is important? Such as - before the Mizery's posts in question - my latest post had only me and MM having posted so far? Please tell me more about how I should have commented on Renegades or Varcrons or Mizerys future post, and how Mizery should have called me out for not doing so. This is insincere or, yet again, one or both of us is missing something here.


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    2. You could've just pried more for what I was talking about. Or something. Just anything for a reaction that even may be the slightest helpful. Instead you didn't interact at all.
    I should have "pried more for what you were talking about"?
    Ok, what were you talking about in your 2 posts..
    1)"to be serious or not to be serious" + shitpost fluff.
    2) "I'm undecided about Ozy. What makes him LHF?"

    Idk what you expect me to "pried more for" wrt `1)`, but I did comment on `2)` - did I not?


    Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    3. I thought that was an early game joke case, which later turned serious, so I didn't have any comments on your MM case then.
    You know MM's game history, and if you didn't - I told you.
    You saw how negative MM was looking there.
    If you couldn't put 2+2 together, I did it for you. Why would you take it as a joke, like, ever? What about it is a joke? Someone having emotions and being negative from randing wolf over and over and over?
    I even gave you MM's meta tell that blink and mag used. Again, is that a joke or something? Why wouldn't you take it serious?




    Idk, I don't connect with this Martin at all.
    -vote MartinGG9

    1 post left I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  26. ISO #76

  27. ISO #77

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    @OzyWho

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Context is important? Such as - before the Mizery's posts in question - my latest post had only me and MM having posted so far? Please tell me more about how I should have commented on Renegades or Varcrons or Mizerys future post, and how Mizery should have called me out for not doing so. This is insincere or, yet again, one or both of us is missing something here.



    I should have "pried more for what you were talking about"?
    Ok, what were you talking about in your 2 posts..
    1)"to be serious or not to be serious" + shitpost fluff.
    2) "I'm undecided about Ozy. What makes him LHF?"

    Idk what you expect me to "pried more for" wrt `1)`, but I did comment on `2)` - did I not?



    You know MM's game history, and if you didn't - I told you.
    You saw how negative MM was looking there.
    If you couldn't put 2+2 together, I did it for you. Why would you take it as a joke, like, ever? What about it is a joke? Someone having emotions and being negative from randing wolf over and over and over?
    I even gave you MM's meta tell that blink and mag used. Again, is that a joke or something? Why wouldn't you take it serious?




    Idk, I don't connect with this Martin at all.
    -vote MartinGG9

    1 post left I believe
    Paragraph 1: See, this is where you make the assumption on what Mizery said about Norwee. All Mizery said was "comments on people who aren't MM?". With that statement, there is no differentiation there between your post on MM and Norwee's post on MM. When you say:

    Please tell me more about how I should have commented on Renegades or Varcrons or Mizerys future post, and how Mizery should have called me out for not doing so.
    I think you are saying that the vote was justified on Norwee because Norwee didn't talk about any of the other posts then? Well, it COULD be that Mizery was referring to that fact as the reason for voting Norwee. It may just even be the exact reason, and that you are correct. But Mizery ever specify that? Nope. Not at all. I'm willing to bet MM wanted to know what Mizery's reasons were to see if they were good or justified (such as possibly what you said), specifically, or if they were just bad.

    If you just look at Mizery's post, assume intended context, then you're just going to be giving free explanations to wolves without ever questioning them in the future. The best liar out there is always a person's own mind.

    Paragraph 2: You're taking this to a specific level when I meant things broadly. Interactions are interactions. I'm sure you could've thought of something, given your first three posts which worked much better than you expected, as you said.

    Paragraph 3: I didn't think anyone would meta-the-freak-out of a single post. People normally aren't town-told or wolf-told in a single post and for good reason: It's easy to WIFOM over.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  28. ISO #78

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    We have what 8 or so hours until EOD.
    @Loldebite can you be more specific about how I am being "infuriatingly uncommunicative"? I don't really take offense to that I just fail to see the source of that comment. Have you asked me anything I haven't answered?

    Regarding today's lynch, I will note that it is optional according to the setup. Purely numbers wise, we are more likely to mislynch today than on any other day. I'm not voting to skip, but I am throwing it out there.
    Yes, sorry that was unclear. I meant in general (from my POV and based on very few games), I haven't got much to say about you this game yet.

    @ozy, fuck me, I'm sorry... I was typing my answer to your question separately but work got in between and now I'm on another computer... My thoughts on Mizery cam be summed up nicely : I really really liked #23, it felt like someone actively looking for people's reactions (what I called "fishing" earlier) which is something scum aren't incentivized to do at all in this setup. This alone gives me town vibes, more than most people at the time. Note that this is still valid, as of now though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Hume, out of this account! "It's not because scum have done 'too scummy to be scum' stuff in the past that they can still do it! Induction is INVALID!" :P

    I will only ask you one specific question in order to avoid you skipping my post like you did with the heart of my thoughts: are you actually tunnelled, or are you just scum? This question is of utmost importance.
    I am very tempted to consider this first sentence a continued pocketing attempt and hardcore tunnel on your ass for it. This second post makes it worse IMO.


    I don't think frinckles is doing anything special compared to other games I've played with him, and IIRC I've only seen him as town, and since MM is voting ren I guess I could get behind their Martin train, thought I don't really like it.

    Also oliverz isn't afk anymore so imma just
    -vote oliverz144
    for now

  29. ISO #79

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    I’d rather not skip the elim but i’m not sure where to put my vote yet.
    This activity surge at EoD is kinda annoying trend cus now it’s gonna be more stressfull and harder to think about the vote or reconsider.
    First of all, Oliver why where you afk until the last minute?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  30. ISO #80

  31. ISO #81

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    Oliver/Ren/SB/Martin

    Lag always says I have good D1 reads and there's been plenty to sift through. Two scum in the pool above.**

    As an aside, I like these Mafia rules. But this lobby is full of players who can write walls of bullshit in their sleep, so that's where I'm gonna vote.

    -vote Martingg99




    @EveryoneNotOzy If I die, pillowpush Loldebite D2 and then CFD to Ozy when he doesn't expect it. I am completely serious. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

    **I'm invoking my Wildcard read on MM because I cannot read him ever. But I agree with Norwee that he's scummy, except that would make him Town in this case cuz' meta.
    I can mostly agree with this, although it appears that Ren is playing his usual towny game based on what I remember previously, being very short and concise in his posts without adding much else to them. In a normal game I think we'd see his usual posting habits as town as well (he's been labelled as wolfy for reads like what he has given this game in the past). IMO Pool is between Oliver/Martin/SB for me and even then I am leaning towards Martin currently, he just doesn't seem like the usual rock solid town Martin and his posts are very, very loose without much content.

    The only thing that gives me pause and kind of confuses me is Loldebite's fixation with Oliver. They've been fixated on him all day like he owes lunch money to them kind of like an exec from the mod.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall
    Ehh, I guess the reason some people don't detail their reads is because they see it as "fluff", and this specific post really doesn't strike me as a scumpaint attempt... I guess you're fine enough on this point. That being said, what do you think of Renegade, again?
    Answered in the statement above, but he seems townier than some of you give him credit for in my eyes.

    With that being said I'm going to
    -vote MartinGG99
    , best lynch in my eyes for today. I highly suspect I'm dead N1 just because of lack of pressure against me during the day as well, so it likely won't solve much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  32. ISO #82

  33. ISO #83

  34. ISO #84

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Still not sure i trust Mallow. Martin is a bit of an blank for me, in that i don't really think it's a good or bad elim. Which feels a bit like a red flag for a D1 elim.
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall


    To elaborate more, he just kinda feels a bit fake this game. Too cheery and nice, not too worried about being pocketed or voting wrong or anything. Just kinda nice mr huggy wuggies which feels kinda like how i expect evil scum to operate in this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  35. ISO #85

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    My headaches are back so like I'm having a hard time comprehending anything.

    -vote unvote


    is that a valid unvote?

    Frink and Whoever else I said earlier

    Mm isn't a read i would fight for survival, just because of the little voice in my head saying things about his earlier posts.

  36. ISO #86

  37. ISO #87

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Skip Day (1 [L-5]):
    MartinGG99
    Renegade (1 [L-5]):
    Marshmallow Marshall
    Marshmallow Marshall (1 [L-5]):
    Norwee
    MartinGG99 (3 [L-3]):
    Renegade, Frinckles, Varcron
    oliverz144 (1 [L-5]):
    Loldebite

    1. There is enough going on that I don't feel skipping is the right call.
    2. Renegade has provided enough today that I don't feel that I can justify voting them.
    3. MM has had decent thoughts.
    4. Maybe I'm forgetful but I don't understand why Martin has three votes right now. They've had a weak day 1 but not weaker than a fair number of other players. I'm forced to conclude that someone on this train is scum.
    5. Oli is going to be modkilled in 40 minutes if he doesn't post more, so I'd rather move my vote elsewhere.

    As I dislike all of the active trains I am forced to make my own.
    -vote Frinckles
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

  38. ISO #88

  39. ISO #89

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Well ngl I both expected and hoped more would've changed since I last posted...

    I agree that olivers is a bad (terrible) vote but I (what a grand and intoxicating innocence) had hoped to force oliverz into something. Preposterous.

    I absolutely refuse to vote Frinckles because he seems to me absolutely identical to his town self.

    I could see myself voting for anyone else except Mizery & Frinckles today, I no longer have town feelings toward anyone outside these two.

  40. ISO #90

  41. ISO #91

  42. ISO #92

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Okay well both of my top TRs are getting on that very reasonable counterwagon.

    -vote stealthbomber16


    I guess our mindmelding days are definitely over.
    you're hanging just outside of scum for me tbh but yeah as long as we're hitting in the four I mentioned I'm cool with the lynch.

    i did want to say that i give credit to ozy/martin for mostly capping out their posts. i dont think scum would do that on d1.. something to take into d2.

    that has ultimately been my strategy with these rules anyway.

    But the good news is, I think this game solves itself PoE pretty quickly. Cop can out with his check tomorrow and scum is forced to CC him basically. The lack of spamability in this game actually hurts scum substantially unless im missing something.

    anyway, gl friends
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

  43. ISO #93

  44. ISO #94

  45. ISO #95

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    you're hanging just outside of scum for me tbh but yeah as long as we're hitting in the four I mentioned I'm cool with the lynch.

    i did want to say that i give credit to ozy/martin for mostly capping out their posts. i dont think scum would do that on d1.. something to take into d2.

    that has ultimately been my strategy with these rules anyway.

    But the good news is, I think this game solves itself PoE pretty quickly. Cop can out with his check tomorrow and scum is forced to CC him basically. The lack of spamability in this game actually hurts scum substantially unless im missing something.

    anyway, gl friends
    That's fine, I'm used to it by now.

    Eh, I agree about Ozy but I can't help but feel like martin has made a few empty-y posts that gave me "lets post this shit so I get to 14" feels. Might be just me, tho.

    ... Cop ? I'm really sorry if I'm fucking up your weird gambit but isn't librarian flavourful citizen ? I'm even more sorry if it turns out I actually can't read a setup correctly, tho...

  46. ISO #96

  47. ISO #97

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    Yeah Frinckles feels like a bad vote. Not too opposed to an Stealth wagon now.

    12/15
    As much as Stealth is appearing as scummy I don't think he's the correct lynch D1.

    As much as I townread Frinckles I really dislike his flipping to Stealth as soon as he was voted by him, it just seems like a reactionary vote rather than one with thought behind it. I think that the outlying trains are mostly towny (the ones with one vote on them).

    Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite
    I could see myself voting for anyone else except Mizery & Frinckles today, I no longer have town feelings toward anyone outside these two.
    This makes me think you're pocketting Mizery (a common townread) and Frinckles as well. The train on stealth although well founded I think is has bad intentions written all over it.

    If Stealth ends up flipping town then I think everyone needs to have a good long look at Loldebite especially
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

  48. ISO #98

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Oli -- getting modkilled prob lol
    Mizery
    Frinckles
    Ozy
    Norwee
    MM
    Varcron
    loldebite
    Sb16
    Renegade


    something like that

    In general I'm more certain about my top reads than I am about my bottom reads, except maybe Frinkles because I feel like I can never be certain about him just because of how he typically has played as town (and that I'm frequently paranoid of capable players)

    -vote stealthbomber16


    Would've liked to interact with Sb16 more but self-pres calls.


    Also, re: Mizery

    Skip works as self-pres so if Renegade was going to do that then at that moment it could mean a town not being ML'ed. With so few posts I didn't have much other choice.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

  49. ISO #99

    Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library Gamethread

    Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    As much as Stealth is appearing as scummy I don't think he's the correct lynch D1.

    As much as I townread Frinckles I really dislike his flipping to Stealth as soon as he was voted by him, it just seems like a reactionary vote rather than one with thought behind it. I think that the outlying trains are mostly towny (the ones with one vote on them).



    This makes me think you're pocketting Mizery (a common townread) and Frinckles as well. The train on stealth although well founded I think is has bad intentions written all over it.

    If Stealth ends up flipping town then I think everyone needs to have a good long look at Loldebite especially
    Okay. Why is Martin that much better of a lynch ?

    Is that how people pocket ? I'm simply protecting my TRs after someone I usually trust starts a train onto one of them.

    Also that's a neat idea, Norwee, neat enough that I TR you now 8/15

  50. ISO #100

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •