S-FM 343: Trip to the Library (11P)
Register

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 343: Trip to the Library (11P)

Why is the mafia trying to take over a library? Don't expect answers!

Setup

Start Date: 3PM PDT, June 5th

Sign-ups close: 3PM PDT, June 4th

On-goers:
    1. Marshmallow Marshall
    2. Norwee
    3. oliverz144
    4. Renegade
    5. Varcron
    6. Mizery
    7. Stealthbomber16
    8. Frinckles
    9. OzyWho
    10. MartinGG99
    11. Loldebite

Reserves:
    1. Gikkle

Signups are closed, you may instead "/reserve" to be a potential replacement in case they are needed.
    To sign up as a back-up in case anyone needs to sub out, please reply "/reserve".
    If more than 13 players "/sign" for the game than all signees shall be randomly chosen to participate, those who "/sign" for the game and are not one of the 13 participants shall be put on top priority for the reserve list. This game is not first come first serve.

Special Mechanics:
    Be Quiet: Players may only make between 1-15 posts in the thread per day. Players are encouraged to make more substantial posts, and thus must post at least 200 words per day whilst not exceeding 15 post per day. Players will be mod-killed if they fail either requirement.

Spoiler : What counts as a "word"? :

"a single distinct meaningful element of speech or writing, used with others (or sometimes alone) to form a sentence and typically shown with a space on either side when written or printed."
    I will not count the following as "words"
    • Emotes
    • Emoticons
    • Emojis
    • Singular letters with the exception of "a" "i"
    • Strings of characters which do not appear in any dictionary nor are used commonly in the mafia community.
    • Pictures
    • Videos
    • Votes
    • Anything in BBCode

Usernames count as one word.
    Acronyms (I.E. "WIFOM") count as one word.

Rules:

1. Inactive players will be replaced or modkilled at host discretion. Do not publicly call for either.

2. Refrain from using White Bold text, this is for use of the Host only.

3. Players are not allowed to post screenshots.

4. Do not post links to other websites.

5. Videos and photos larger than an avatar must be in spoiler tags.

6. Do not spam pictures or videos.

7. Excessive insulting is not allowed.

8. Refrain from using languages other than English.

9. Quoting any host to player communication (excluding feedback or anything found in the setup page) will result in an immediate modkill. You may paraphrase.

10. Usage of text that is not visible is not allowed.

11. Communicating with players or through third parties about the game through unapproved channels is strictly forbidden

12. All S-FM In-game rules apply, with the exception of In-game Rule #7
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 4th, 2022 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    fucketh me in the ass

2. ISO #2

Re: S-FM 343: Trip to the Library (11P)

/signing in the rain
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Is that 15 posts per 24h or 48h?
    per day cycle, so 48h.
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

5. ISO #5

/sign

If more than 13 players "/sign" for the game than all signees shall be randomly chosen to participate, those who "/sign" for the game and are not one of the 13 participants shall be put on top priority for the reserve list. This game is not first come first serve.
    Is this normal? I find this to be pretty customer unfriendly.
    If you sign up first to a game you look forward to you might get denied if 15 people sign up and you get "randomized" out from the game.
    And if you sign up because you want to play with an friend or specific people. You might find out they either get thrown out, or someone you didn't want to play with get's thrown in. And it's just random.
    Last edited by Norwee; May 24th, 2022 at 02:11 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

6. ISO #6

We leave it up to the hosts in general, and generally appreciate discussions on such matters so that the community leads itself in agreement. I think the idea here is to have some kind of fairness among people who sign up, but first come first serve could be another kind of fairness.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    We leave it up to the hosts in general, and generally appreciate discussions on such matters so that the community leads itself in agreement. I think the idea here is to have some kind of fairness among people who sign up, but first come first serve could be another kind of fairness.
    I don't really see how it's fair to punish the players that signed up early and potentially reward the players that sign up very late, by allowing them to potentially screw the other.
    I get it's random, but that really just means the difference is that one system is somewhat rigid and fair for those that sign up early, while the other can screw anyone.
    The first is an infinitely better way of handling things than the second.

(Also sorry if i'm being way too argumentative in an sign up thread. Idk if that's allowed or not)

I bet y'all can tell i'll be fun to play with huh.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Norwee View Post
    I don't really see how it's fair to punish the players that signed up early and potentially reward the players that sign up very late, by allowing them to potentially screw the other.
    I get it's random, but that really just means the difference is that one system is somewhat rigid and fair for those that sign up early, while the other can screw anyone.

(Also sorry if i'm being way too argumentative in an sign up thread. Idk if that's allowed or not)

Lmao we're a bunch of people bound together by the love of arguments, so you're in the right spirit

At this point I cannot really speak for the host, though

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

You unironically seem like I'd have a lot of fun playing with you
    The biggest tragedy for me is that I won't get the chance to play with you in your first game here

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

/sign

Is this normal? I find this to be pretty customer unfriendly.
    If you sign up first to a game you look forward to you might get denied if 15 people sign up and you get "randomized" out from the game.
    And if you sign up because you want to play with an friend or specific people. You might find out they either get thrown out, or someone you didn't want to play with get's thrown in. And it's just random.
    /sign
    Lag, (post 10), had a very good system iirc in their signups. I think it was side-wide meta once too.
    Newbies surely got into their first 2 games, mods aswell.
    The rest was first come first serve. Players who had to be put as reserve last game were preferred in the normal sign-ups.
    Looking forward to play with you!
    Praise the Lord!

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Now, Lag wasn't there yet when he played, so we must forgive them xD.

Also, I second Renegade's proposal, for what it's worth.

16. ISO #16

/sign

I agree with Ren too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

/sign

edit: msg me over discord when this begins
    Last edited by Stealthbomber16; May 28th, 2022 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

19. ISO #19

/sign
    Ruh roe
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

@Frinckles you have been summoned! It's 100 % what he means.

22. ISO #22

23. ISO #23

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

It's not even D1 yet, give him some time!

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    /in

-vote Varcron

/out
    Get back in or riot

28. ISO #28

Quote Originally Posted by Varcron View Post
    Get back in or riot
    But if you riot and Lag's out, you can't harm them. You need to be more... proactive. GO GET 'EM

29. ISO #29

I generally don't play low-post games but if my sign puts possibly improving the site on the table then hey forget what I said

/sign
    Last edited by MartinGG99; June 1st, 2022 at 11:28 PM. Reason: smh me it's /sign not /in
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #30

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    But if you riot and Lag's out, you can't harm them. You need to be more... proactive. GO GET 'EM
    Is Lag really out though if they were never in to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Signups are open. Please state intention to join or say "/sign" in order to be on the list of participants
    /in

-vote Varcron

/out
    What is Lag now? What is Lag? [insert joke disclaimer]
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Gawd, i'd play the shit out of this low post game if I had any ounce of time
    I'd say 3045min per 24h should be plenty for this game? Maximum of 165 posts in 48 hours is like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wouldn't expect 100 wallposts per game day
    Last edited by OzyWho; June 2nd, 2022 at 06:55 AM.

34. ISO #34

Does making only a vote while saying nothing else count as an post?
    It would probably stifle a lot of possible discussion if one is afraid to make a vote change because one might run out of posts. And also if it’s difficult to reach an consensus for an elimination probably there won’t be one.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

It would probably stifle a lot of possible discussion if one is afraid to make a vote change because one might run out of posts. And also if it’s difficult to reach an consensus for an elimination probably there won’t be one.
    Lynch is plurality + majority, which means that if 3 players on 11 vote X, 2 players vote Y and 2 players vote Z, X is lynched at EoD (but majority lynch, aka hammer, exists too).

(I am aware this doesn't entirely defeat your point, but at least the clarification is useful lol)

38. ISO #38

@deathworlds might be a good idea to address the vote changing part, though

39. ISO #39

Sign ups will close in approximately 48 hours. 24 hours after sign ups close the game will start, with role cards being handed out in the time between sign-ups closing, and game starting.
    @Marshmallow Marshall
    @Norwee
    @oliverz144
    @Renegade
    @Varcron
    @Mizery
    @Stealthbomber16
    @Frinckles
    @OzyWho
    @MartinGG99
    @Loldebite
    @Gikkle
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 2nd, 2022 at 11:33 AM.
    fucketh me in the ass

40. ISO #40

Voting whilst not saying anything counts as a post
    Last edited by deathworlds; June 2nd, 2022 at 11:34 AM.
    fucketh me in the ass

41. ISO #41

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Voting whilst not saying anything counts as a post
    I remember seeing a 1 post max per day game, so you had people giving scumreads and townreads and agreements and disagreements with codes of voting/unvoting.

I'm sort of glad that won't be the case here, keeps the spirit of the setup in tact.

42. ISO #42

43. ISO #43

Well let's see how it goes. I'm open to new experiences.

Why we gotta wait 48 hours tho. (((
    Blame @Lag

cuz why not

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

I don't know what the accusations are for, but I want to assure you all:

Not only are they all true, but I was acting with extreme malice.
    I am happy to hear it! You have my absolute support in your malicious endeavor.

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

Sign-ups are closed, please expect to receive your role-card through PM within 24 hours. Please message me through either discord or via PM on this site if you have any concerns or questions in the meantime.

@Marshmallow Marshall
    @Norwee
    @oliverz144
    @Renegade
    @Varcron
    @Mizery
    @Stealthbomber16
    @Frinckles
    @OzyWho
    @MartinGG99
    @Loldebite
    fucketh me in the ass

50. ISO #50

I fucked up in sending out the role cards so it'll be just a little bit longer before they're fixed. If you received multiple copies of the same role card, please disregard, new role cards will be sent out shortly.
    fucketh me in the ass