Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

Poisoner and Electromaniac need Night Immunity

In current meta games are based around 3 mafia/Triad, and a neutral killer.
    With Poisonner and Electromaniac not being NI, there's a decent chance that he will die in the first nights, with 2 bad result:
    - The game lose a decent tool or rebalancing between town and mafia, as NK is by trying to win swithching kills from town and maf, ensuring a comeback is possible for both of the side.
    - The game get much slower, as the average number of kills per night is halfed. Game can often get boring, like sometimes when NK is arso, especially if the game's already 1sided (BG or vet)
    The main dev is telling me that all roles aren't equal, some harder than others; but what I'm speaking about here is not the difficulty to win, it's how it will affects the game as a whole, for every teams.
    And for the most part, NI is just a one-night protection before getting hanged the following day bye the man who shot you. Yet, this man have to have the choice when he wants to reveal he found the NK, because as stated, NK is a tool to rebalance the game's pathing.

And anyway, not giving people the option to make them NI is quiet dumb already. Why would u limit the options ?
    I'd like to think electromaniac have potential, but rn making it the possible killer just imply a huge risk that the game will be over n1.

They need NI.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Re: Poisoner and Electromaniac need Night Immunity

The issue rn is that u aren't even giving argument, and I knew it already when u told me to write here.
    Do you know parasite zeta ? Dimento, its main dev, was exactly the same. He didn't listen to his community and kept blindly going his way.
    What happend ? Some1 stole the game file and the copy is now played over the main game.
    So please, use arguments, put ideas, instead of just saying no like that. It's not this way u'll make a good game.

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    @Frinckles

What is the argument for not giving these roles NI
    because i dont see a plausible threat that would require them to have immunity whilst still being able to go through any immunity
    Last edited by Frinckles; April 16th, 2022 at 05:17 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

8. ISO #8

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    because i dont see a plausible threat that would require them to have immunity whilst still being able to go through any immunity
    You don't see the threat because you look at NKs without the whole game itself.
    As I state in my first post, if NK die, the game lose its most important comeback mechanic and get slower.

Poisonner and electromaniac don't need NI because they're hard, they need it because the game need them.
    It's not even a big deal, most of the time they'll get lynched the following day. UNLESS mafia/town is loosing and know they need them to kill, which is why they need NI.

Reason why cult save aren't popular is not because cult is poorly designed (your BS of cult leaders tho), it's because most of the time they're composed of a single killer, which makes the game slow and not very interesting : the game need two killers.

It would be better for the game if they wouldn't kill NI and be NI if you rly wish so.
    They need NI.
    Last edited by Eragonball; April 17th, 2022 at 04:13 AM.

9. ISO #9

Quote Originally Posted by Eragonball View Post
    As I state in my first post, if NK die, the game lose its most important comeback mechanic and get slower.

Poisonner and electromaniac don't need NI because they're hard, they need it because the game need them.
    It's not even a big deal, most of the time they'll get lynched the following day. UNLESS mafia/town is loosing and know they need them to kill, which is why they need NI.

Reason why cult save aren't popular is not because cult is poorly designed (your BS of cult leaders tho), it's because most of the time they're composed of a single killer, which makes the game slow and not very interesting : the game need two killers.

It would be better for the game if they wouldn't kill NI and be NI if you rly wish so.
    They need NI.
    if a player clicks the button next to your name and they are supposed to make you die, I think you should.
    Last edited by Frinckles; April 17th, 2022 at 03:07 PM.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

10. ISO #10

Man's speaking sense. I would say NKs having NI is integral to ensuring the game flows smoothly. Even before Poisoner and Electro, we can already see this effect when NKs get lynched early game. The game slows to a crawl and becomes much harder for the remaining evils.

They need NI.
    @Frinckles These can be implemented as role settings, and would be a great middle ground.

NI - ON/OFF
    Ignores immunity - ON/OFF

With the wide variety of setups possible, you can leave it to individual hosts to balance their saves.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    NI - ON/OFF
    Ignores immunity - ON/OFF

With the wide variety of setups possible, you can leave it to individual hosts to balance their saves.
    Atleast do this instead of forcing certain options on us

so much for muh player agency!!!11

I'm aware the roles were recently patched. I have yet to play the game post-patch, and I'm sure I might find the fixes enough to restore balance, but there's nothing wrong with delegating tricky issues like these to the players themselves
    Last edited by Grakylan; August 7th, 2022 at 12:23 AM.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig