S-FM 340: Election Day 2.0 - Page 16
Register

User Tag List

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #751

2. ISO #752

3. ISO #753

Re: S-FM 340: Election Day 2.0

And then he is scumreading Lag from the get-go but the moment Lag posts his stealth case, which MM says he actually disagrees with, he switches off of Lag and onto Stealth

This is after he doesn't move off of lag to ceko when he implies he has a pretty good scumread there

this feels either w/w with ceko or w/w with stealth. He switches off of his main scumread (Lag) to vote for his main scumread's main scumread (SB) that he /doesn't even believe in/ after /not/ switching off of his main scumread (Lag) To vote for a secondary scumread (Ceko)

4. ISO #754

5. ISO #755

Quote Originally Posted by Mizery View Post
    I completely give up trying now because i don't know what to do

I don't think Brad should die today but I have also seen him be way more solvy and towny than I have seen so far in this game. He's barely been here this game and when he was he was explaining a townread on me or talking about sheeping me.
    Probably because
    1. I've played a shit ton of FoL games, where mafia wins about 90% of the games there, I'm pretty sure I've only won 1 town game in total there, and my confidence on my reads is kinda shot from it.
    2. Not in a great spot mentally.
    3. It's my first game on a new site and it takes me a while to get used to the UI.

6. ISO #756

7. ISO #757

8. ISO #758

9. ISO #759

10. ISO #760

why did my thoughts on mm kill thread
    Because they're horrible :P
    And then he is scumreading Lag from the get-go but the moment Lag posts his stealth case, which MM says he actually disagrees with, he switches off of Lag and onto Stealth
    Have you even read my post lol? I mostly agreed with Lag's case, even though some points needed some nuance in my opinion. I also was beginning to question Stealth independently from Lag's case because he seemed to be too defensive/conservative with his posts instead of trying to find more scum or to actually prove his point against Lag. Usually, as town, he will have witty comments to strenghten his reads or to try to tie suspects together. I see none of this here.

This is after he doesn't move off of lag to ceko when he implies he has a pretty good scumread there
    Correct, because at that point, I have not seen Stealth's other posts, nor have I seen Lag's case. I wanted to keep the pressure on Lag because it was an interesting way to get information, whereas putting pressure on Ceko didn't feel right: putting pressure on that kind of player is just... usual business (because Ceko tends to be considered weird) and doesn't really drag much info out.

this feels either w/w with ceko
    This is a reasonable enough assumption, and I can see where you're coming from. You're wrong, obviously, but your thought process has the merit of being coherent with what you could see of me, since you didn't know what I had read or not when I decided not to vote ceko.

or w/w with stealth.
    This isn't a reasonable assumption, unless you've really just entirely missed the point of my post replying to Lag's case on Stealth. Please explain.

He switches off of his main scumread (Lag) to vote for his main scumread's main scumread (SB) that he /doesn't even believe in/ after /not/ switching off of his main scumread (Lag) To vote for a secondary scumread (Ceko)
    I'm not sure what the slashes are about here, but "doesn't believe in" no, "vote for a secondary scumread (Ceko)" no, I do not think I have ever voted him, even though that would probably be my 2nd vote choice as of now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

11. ISO #761

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    I have no clue how to play this setup
    i was hoping for you and a solve

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    Greetings, my fellow Americans. I have a genius idea: all Citizens of our glorious nation vote for 3rd party to prevent corruption the first 2 nights (this helps Orange wo/man but prevents the Illuiminati from receiving town-casted votes on their candidate). On day 3, we get the total tallies and discover whom the Illuminati is trying to install as the next president, and we vote the opposing left/right wing candidate after that. This does require that we identify and exterminate the orange wo/man. Also, here is to hoping that Illuminati do not read this message
    problem: scum votes for the other candidate, not theiwanted so we all are tricked into voting their candidate thinking its the right one

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Oh god I’m gonna have to reread the setup multiple times aren’t I?
    lol i did it many times and my brain is a mush

Quote Originally Posted by Dum View Post
    im going to be very honest, i signed up, forgot i signed up, got reminded just now, and now i got to re read this shit again
    same
    except i signed up for a game
    then 2 weeks later for yet another one
    and now i end up being in too many
    I'm on read through number four, and I consider myself to be a relatively savvy mech player lol
    hmm
    I've been playing a game called The Longing lately:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/893850/THE_LONGING/

It's pretty neat
    it is pretty much how i imagine you gaming...
    Well, "playing" considering...
    funny

That game looks rather depressing. Not what I need at the moment!
    hmm i get where you are coming from

Indeed, I am still waiting for your usual self to come in and tell me about my post count "tell"

There is an obvious flaw in my proposal. I expect you to comment on that and not give a free pass as you did.
    hmm did i find it?

Of course I saw the flaw, there's actually two major flaws, because I had considered the exact same strategy before the game began, but ruled it out because of said flaws.

But someone who is wolf probably doesn't go so far down the path of theorycrafting ways to hurt wolves to even come up with it in the first place, hence why I townread you.

I assumed you didn't realize the flaws in the plan, but the fact that you did and were using it as a reaction test?

Also not a thing that a wolf would do.

Now I wonder if you actually know the two major flaws with the plan or if you're just bluffing?
    hmm great

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    Hello, hello my fellow citizens. Please make sure to vote for me or you get minus 10k social credits. This will mean a decrease in rations exponential to the amount of wealth you own.
    lol
    Yeah that's a very weak push from Lag, giving me bad vibes TBH. Let's see you claim Illuminati Coupled with the entry of not knowing the setup and later stating she had a similar strategy to mine that she withdrew (contradicts the entry post). And also Lag is known for throwing out strats/mechanical ideas as scum, so why do I get a free pass for doing so?
    That last word is something I may sometimes get voted for Tell me what is so interesting about Wrath's reaction?
    hmm funnz
    Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I'm not going to vote Dum yet and a vote on oliverz144 definitely has more support, so I will vote for the guy that has a plane avatar.

-vote oliverz144
    oh fck i got my multis back

yeah ceko why do you vote smbdy who posted 1 post at that time
    Praise the Lord!

12. ISO #762

I heavily disagree with Lag's reasons for suspecting Stealth.
    ...why? You can't just say that to a well-constructed, logical post. You need to provide reasons. Not all of Lag's points were good (scumreading someone for being out of their meta at the start of a game is perfectly fair, for example), but some were, as stated in my post with comments in red (page 11).
    @Marshmallow Marshall I'll admit my play at the very start of this game was awful, but on that specific comment I was just being sarcastic. Besides, even if I was in the Illuminati, that comment would not make sense because not even the Illuminati know exactly what's going on in this game. There are three neutral roles in this game, and the Illuminati are simply an informed minority. They're not an omniscient minority.
    That's one weird way of being sarcastic... Also, the Illuminati know which President to vote for, which is really the core of the game, so they know what is going on. Their lack of knowledge of the neutral's identity is not that important imo.
    I'm going to stop baiting for reactions and just try to solve the game.
    I cannot wait to see this happen. I'm not seeing it right now.
    We're not going to get more info from Stealth's slot. Can Frinckles and Lag both vote Oliver?
    Uuuuuh? Let's vote the inactive guy instead of voting someone who had a case built against them and who fully engaged into attacking Lag, which has been the main topic of the game? And you want to do this in the name of information? ...
    I know I care too much about winning when I start sacrificing my mental health. Good luck, and please vote Oliver.
    Nice appeal to emotion, but that doesn't work here. We're all having fun, there's no reason to even be stressed/angry/whatever about the game atm, so this is just dirty at this point.

Ceko isn't trending up. However, my gut is telling me Stealth is really wrong, whereas it's telling me Ceko may just be busy being a weirdo lol. But if it gets to EoD and the choice is between Ceko and someone who isn't Stealth, I'm voting Ceko unless he changes my mind.
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

13. ISO #763

I've seen a lot of random teams being thrown out with no explanation. I also see people refusing to vote Oliver even though many have called out his play. Frinckles is really insistent on voting Brad for some reason and Mizery seems to have sheeped him, although her recent post about Marshmallow Marshall looked really good and explains her thoughts about his slot.

14. ISO #764

I just checked what The Longing is. Uh. I guess it's fitting for someone called Lag xD.

15. ISO #765

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    ...why? You can't just say that to a well-constructed, logical post. You need to provide reasons. Not all of Lag's points were good (scumreading someone for being out of their meta at the start of a game is perfectly fair, for example), but some were, as stated in my post with comments in red (page 11).

That's one weird way of being sarcastic... Also, the Illuminati know which President to vote for, which is really the core of the game, so they know what is going on. Their lack of knowledge of the neutral's identity is not that important imo.

I cannot wait to see this happen. I'm not seeing it right now.

Uuuuuh? Let's vote the inactive guy instead of voting someone who had a case built against them and who fully engaged into attacking Lag, which has been the main topic of the game? And you want to do this in the name of information? ...

Nice appeal to emotion, but that doesn't work here. We're all having fun, there's no reason to even be stressed/angry/whatever about the game atm, so this is just dirty at this point.

Ceko isn't trending up. However, my gut is telling me Stealth is really wrong, whereas it's telling me Ceko may just be busy being a weirdo lol. But if it gets to EoD and the choice is between Ceko and someone who isn't Stealth, I'm voting Ceko unless he changes my mind.
    It was not well-constructed or logical. Lag's wall on Stealth can only be described as OMGUS.
    It's definitely important if that neutral has to vote for a different candidate than the Illuminati's candidate.
    I can tell you haven't caught up.
    Oliver has a horrible case against me and Stealth is my second choice for today.

16. ISO #766

This isn't a reasonable assumption, unless you've really just entirely missed the point of my post replying to Lag's case on Stealth. Please explain.

I'm not sure what the slashes are about here, but "doesn't believe in" no, "vote for a secondary scumread (Ceko)" no, I do not think I have ever voted him, even though that would probably be my 2nd vote choice as of now.
    the slashes are too lazy for italics emphasis

I read your post? and you call most of Lag's points NAI and then say you'll join it even though a case like that is something that W!Lag would do? you imply you're only voting on it because....I don't know.

, which is perfectly fine xD
    Totally convinced" is a little too strong, but he was indeed confident. I don't think it goes to the point it is scummy due to a disparity between information and confidence, though.
    Hmm, I don't think I've seen that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist; could use examples, and if you're town and right, it would only strenghten your case anyway
    Yes, but this can be explained by town tunnelling and isn't really scummy in itself; however, the lack of plausibility of the confbias theory (see comment at the end of the quote) makes this a little scummy
    Yesn't? Stealth still decided to call out Wrath for giving me a townread for attacking you but not giving it to him for doing the same thing. That is not the kind of thing you do when you don't want to spew anyone, because Stealth and Wrath don't look SvS here, and that's thanks to Stealth. Could just be a misplay from scum!Stealth, though.
    Lag questions, asking if it's something Stealth would have done as T, trying to catch a player who he is worried about being fooled by:
    Definetly not. I know Stealth (well, know-ish, I guess, since we've never done much more than play FM together, but for all intents and purposes, this should be sufficient here), and he doesn't do that.
    Lag questions, asking if stealth is potentially confbiased:
    Miiiight is the right way to say it. But considering what I've just pointed out in my last post, probably not. Being defensive and being confbiased doesn't match.
    I know I didn't quote lag's side but there's only one thing in responses to Lag's arguments that looks like agreeing, with the rest just being statements that aren't anything, ending with you just straight up shooting down the two points lag gives in benefit of the doubt.

And I think it could be potentially w/w with stealth simply because of the ceko/stealth thing where I think you're potentially w/w with one of them and I'm broken

17. ISO #767

18. ISO #768

@Lag Ceko is saying that they don't want to kill stealth. Not because they think he /isn't/ town, but because they believe in their ability to read him and don't think that killing him D1 is the right thing to do because of that. Which I think is actually kinda towny.
    The thing is I don't think I've been trolly at all?? I was waiting for someone to comment on something but no one is. so maybe they think it's a troll.
    This is a refreshing change from what I've seen from you in past games. You're giving meaningful analysis, having thought processes that, while they are not always right, can be followed (thinking about your thoughts on me, which I addressed recently), and it really feels like you're trying to solve. At this point, I think it's worth making a list of reads:

Mizery

Wrath (trends up if Stealth flips scum considering Stealth slapped him for not giving him a townread for hitting on Lag; I liked the spirit behind "YAY A VOTER", especially considering Wrath is still relatively new to FM)
    Lag (I'm still somewhat weary of him, thanks to him fooling me repeatedly, especially with his long logical posts that he knows how to make look like actual reasonings, but aside from the small PQ doubt, there's no reason to scumread him, and he's been solvy enough...)

Auwt (gut townread)
    Frinckles (meta/gut townread)

Bunch of people who haven't achieved much

Ceko
    Stealth

19. ISO #769

It was not well-constructed or logical. Lag's wall on Stealth can only be described as OMGUS.
    It's definitely important if that neutral has to vote for a different candidate than the Illuminati's candidate.
    I can tell you haven't caught up.
    Oliver has a horrible case against me and Stealth is my second choice for today.
    You are dismissing it as OMGUS without even saying what you think is wrong with it...
    I'm not sure I get your point, but I don't think it's that important anyway.
    Correct, but it doesn't make your intent to be more solvy more apparent at the moment you said it.
    Why is it horrible?

20. ISO #770

Quote Originally Posted by Frinckles View Post
    i would use my kill on lag in this lobby.
    This is where I try to use this to opportunistically say that you're a wolf because you just tmi'd lag town or something
    Like imagine saying this and then someone else comes into thread like "frinckles?? what were you saying???"

21. ISO #771

22. ISO #772

also would it not work to simply divide the playerlist up into two groups of 6 , designate people for them to vote for, and then rearrange groups based on if the votes aren't the right count for a candidate? is this game not just mech solvable not just for who the wolves are but who their candidate is?

23. ISO #773

You are dismissing it as OMGUS without even saying what you think is wrong with it...
    I'm not sure I get your point, but I don't think it's that important anyway.
    Correct, but it doesn't make your intent to be more solvy more apparent at the moment you said it.
    Why is it horrible?
    Green is my favorite color.
    I have an untouched bunch of bananas that are slowly rotting away in my kitchen.
    Donald Trump was a bad president.
    I saw Stealth vent.

Ten people have scumread me at this point. People seem to have forgotten that this game starts with eight town, if you include the Conspiracy Theorist, and five people who are not town.

24. ISO #774

25. ISO #775

I have an untouched bunch of bananas that are slowly rotting away in my kitchen.
    I saw Stealth vent.

Ten people have scumread me at this point. People seem to have forgotten that this game starts with eight town, if you include the Conspiracy Theorist, and five people who are not town.
    I have to be honest when i see colors in posts i don't read them but i read this one and I'm just like why did i read this

26. ISO #776

27. ISO #777

28. ISO #778

29. ISO #779

30. ISO #780

31. ISO #781

32. ISO #782

33. ISO #783

I saw Stealth vent.

You know what? I have just consulted my scummates, and they told me you should die for this!

Seriously, look at the votecount. You have two votes against you. Saying you've been scumread by 10 people means nothing if votes didn't follow and you were scummy. And you've just entirely ignored my points to troll.
    -vote theoneceko

Die.

34. ISO #784

Marshmallow Marshall has been following people's reads all game and Oliver has given terrible reasons for scumreading me. What a joke.
    This is also terribly OMGUSsy.

35. ISO #785

The evidence presented before the court seems to suggest that Lag is town. @Lag if you did another try-hard "towny" scum ploy here, I will NEVER forgive you!

Now, under my assumption that you, Lag, are in fact town (or at least non-Illuminati), the question then is whether voting within you thunderdome with SB16 is best. As noted earlier, what if this is TvT (or more like non-Illuminati vs non-Illuminati)? However, your arguments about SB16 are sound (and carry more weight when applied to someone like SB16 as opposed to a less expert player such as myself, oliver, etc.). I know I got buried for this [correct] view in an earlier game (pro player playing like shit), but I guess I will go for it again.

I had to do some extracurricular activities to better understand Conspiracy Theorist (and no, it's not me, but I didn't understand how clues worked earlier). All in all, I doubt you would be pointing this out to the sheep who didn't even bother to read the setup (allegedly) as an Illuminati~Lag.
    -vote Stealthbomber16

P.S. I will never be able to read Oliverz.

36. ISO #786

IDK I'm still getting bad vibes from ceko. I am not in the mood or energy to come up with brilliant reads list D1, sorry. But it seems like ceko stepped up his game, possibly in response to getting suspected early on? May or may not be AI, however. And yeah I know my D1 has gotten weaker, I don't have as much time on the weekdays as I did that Sunday night.

I just did a quick ISO and SB16 and Ceko may be a scum pairing. Although their votes are currently split between Lag mastermind wolf and oliverz LHF wolf ("wolves" in an alleged manner, I mean). I may be wrong, but Ceko may be continuously commenting about townreading me in order to get me to vote outside of him. But again, is that AI? Maybe not. And I happen to be town, so he is not wrong.

What is evident is that Ceko and SB16 are avoiding themselves as potential trains that were or are forming.

Am I guilty of tunneling on too few slots myself? Yes, I am.

37. ISO #787

the slashes are too lazy for italics emphasis

I read your post? and you call most of Lag's points NAI and then say you'll join it even though a case like that is something that W!Lag would do? you imply you're only voting on it because....I don't know.

Lag questions, asking if it's something Stealth would have done as T, trying to catch a player who he is worried about being fooled by:

Lag questions, asking if stealth is potentially confbiased:

I know I didn't quote lag's side but there's only one thing in responses to Lag's arguments that looks like agreeing, with the rest just being statements that aren't anything, ending with you just straight up shooting down the two points lag gives in benefit of the doubt.

And I think it could be potentially w/w with stealth simply because of the ceko/stealth thing where I think you're potentially w/w with one of them and I'm broken
    The issue with Lag is that he is towny as a wolf. The fact he does something he could do as a wolf doesn't mean he's a wolf, it just means I have to remain vigilant.

You entirely left aside the two "+1"... come on lol. Of course your perception of my position is warped if you remove the parts that don't fit with your analysis XD. Also, in the quotes you put:

- 1 is a refutation of an invalid argument to scumread Stealth (and it's the only one)
    - 2 is a nuance that mostly invalidates Lag's argument
    - 3 is a demand for clarifications (which I haven't seen yet @Lag , but maybe I've just missed it?)
    - 4 is saying I agree with Lag to some extent, because the only way Stealth is town and acting like he did is if he's tunnelled on Lag, but he's too defensive/conservative to be tunnelled
    - 5 is a more-or-less agreement: the fact Stealth spews Wrath as town if he's scum might not be intentional ("a misplay from scum!Stealth", as I said), so Lag's point about avoiding spew could make sense in spite of that
    - 6 is me saying the world where Stealth wants what basically comes down to fame and glory for taking down a good player makes no sense because that's not how Stealth is (i.e. I am refuting a potential defense of Stealth)
    - 7 is another refutation of a potential defense of Stealth (confbiased town)

And include two other points I 100 % agreed with Lag on, hence the "+1" I put. So... ? ? ?

Also your last sentence makes no sense XD.

38. ISO #788

Quote Originally Posted by BradLand View Post
    @Mizery

You're scumreading MM?
    i am voting him
    Quote Originally Posted by BradLand View Post
    -vote Marshmallow Marshall

All hail the magic conch.
    This feels too dumb/inefficient to be scum xD. Can you explain, though?

Also, the only religions allowed here are the cult of the Lynch Train and the cult of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please refrain from HERESY.

39. ISO #789

Presumably if stealth were town and thought I was wolf, he would love the opportunity to talk about as many slots in the game as he could with me to get me to spew my entire team.

Whereas a wolf that is just interested in a tunnel as a cop out from solving would actively avoid talking about other slots with their wolf read
    Btw @Mizery this is one MASSIVE point/principle of Lag's case on Stealth that I agreed with (and that I had voiced by myself just before replying to Lag's long post, iirc).

40. ISO #790

What is evident is that Ceko and SB16 are avoiding themselves as potential trains that were or are forming.
    Just a self-reflection: I used poor language here. What I really meant is they are avoiding voting one another, although it would seemingly be an easy choice for self-preservation. So the possibility that they are teammates is reasonable to me.

41. ISO #791

Btw @Mizery this is one MASSIVE point/principle of Lag's case on Stealth that I agreed with (and that I had voiced by myself just before replying to Lag's long post, iirc).
    I read that earlier as well and agreed with it. Now, if applied to a chum like me, it would not mean much. SB16 guilty of being too good (and playing poorly!)

42. ISO #792

I read that earlier as well and agreed with it. Now, if applied to a chum like me, it would not mean much. SB16 guilty of being too good (and playing poorly!)
    inb4 SB16 points out that I am easily pocketable and this is what Lag is doing, putting in writing thoughts that I share as well.

43. ISO #793

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Through page 6:

I have to agree a bit here. Stealth had me nodding in agreement when he called you out for town reading porno for the fake tryharding. But then he claimed it for meta reasons and not the obvious reason staring him in the face

You just gonna ignore me?

lol there's nothing in any of Pringles early posts that indicate that he's anything other than a player in this game

lol why are you so self conscious about this?

You throw out a lot of unexplained reads, it would be more helpful if you gave at least a hint of what you are thinking instead of waiting to see if someone brings it up later on or forgets about it
    im at this post in reading rn
    poe for today
    sb, lag (sry), oncetheceko, auwt (maybe?), thats it i guess
    Praise the Lord!

44. ISO #794

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...80/unknown.png
    how do u guys copy the vc into text? i didnt manage that
    w/e
    ceko or sb
    but the votes i dont like them
    ceko has the towniest tail
    bradland is not poe
    lag is not an option it seems
    feels like kingmaker rn tbh with 20 different 3ps
    mm isnt slynchy imho either as of yet
    so either lag ceko or sb
    sb has a meh tail. lets vote 2gether with my hard sr to lynch another hard sr ._.
    Praise the Lord!

45. ISO #795

46. ISO #796

47. ISO #797

48. ISO #798

49. ISO #799

wait can EVERYBODY vote a president? or is that a special role only?
    If you don't get your shit together, I will be voting you (during the day).

The game's outcome (win/loss for the various factions) is dictated by which president gets elected. Yes, everyone may choose to vote (but may also abstain) for a president at night (barring roleblocks or other shenanigans): Democratic, Republican, or Third party. If on Day 6, the Illuminati's chosen party (which is either Democrat or Republican) has most votes, then they win. Town should avoid voting their candidate, but we don't know who that candidate is (50/50). On Day 3, we at least get to find out vote counts as of that Day (based on N1 and N2 votes).

Also, in case anyone else was as confused as me: the votes get added up every night. Unlike normal elections, each person will vote multiple times (except for whomever we lynch D1 lol), once per night. The total count over all those nights (N1 through N5) will determine the outcome of the game.

50. ISO #800