S-FM 340: Election Day 2.0 - Page 11
Register

User Tag List

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #501

Re: S-FM 340: Election Day 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by WrathCyber View Post
    thoughts on oliver? thoughts on sb16? Have you read my posts?
    No, no, and not really, apart from "YAY A VOTER" when PQ random-voted you, which I liked tone-wise (and that's not exactly a strong read lol).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

2. ISO #502

3. ISO #503

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    @Lag this reminds me of the games in which you are scum and point out how you got voted and/or lynched for wrong reasons Like you could be scum here, and maybe the read is something you can debate against, Lawyer you, but you could just get random-voted while being scum
    Yep, I do it as both alignments, as wolf to talk people into townreading me, and as town to talk people into townreading me. Believe it or not, getting people to town read you is a good thing.

4. ISO #504

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    Bradland is probably town
    PQ is town
    Wrath is town lean
    Ceko is scum lean
    Banana is null
    SB16 is scum lean
    MM is scum lean
    Dum is null
    Frinckles is null

MM and Sb16 not teammates though, feel something off among them though, can get a better read after they post more
    I changed my mind, wrath is scum lean
    All of this is very... un-Laggy? Like, you're OMGUSing me for scumreading you (considering it's literally the only thing you could read me on at that point of the game lol), and you're giving a ton of reads that have "implicit meaning", let's say - or in other words, unexplained reads. And they are many. This is strange.

Also, more specific question: is your read on Stealth basically "he's calling me scum, he's wrong, so he's scum", or is there something more to it? I'm obviously assuming you're town when asking that question and saying he's wrong when calling you scum, but I'm not convinced of it at all
    On one hand, Wrath has been very weirdly fixated on irrelevant stuff which i think he thinks is actually relevant, which is a town tell for green players. But at the same time he has no conviction, no aggression, and only sheeps on to something after other people lead the way which is wolf indicative, but then also at the same time, he doesn't have a particularly confrontational personality, so it might be less wolf indicative
    Such as?
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

5. ISO #505

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    As I do not have a lot of time, I will leave my vote here for now.
    Ceko seems to be dubious, not really pushing, more passive compared to other games I've played with him.
    Could it be this break, or the color of the rolecard he received, let's find out.

-vote theoneceko
    I can get behind this. -imaginary vote on ceko that I'm not placing for real because I want to keep my vote on Lag for now since it's a relatively hot topic

Aside from that...
    Maths are against the town.
    That's what I've learned from my past games.
    +1
    HMM

6. ISO #506

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    All of this is very... un-Laggy? Like, you're OMGUSing me for scumreading you (considering it's literally the only thing you could read me on at that point of the game lol), and you're giving a ton of reads that have "implicit meaning", let's say - or in other words, unexplained reads. And they are many. This is strange.

Also, more specific question: is your read on Stealth basically "he's calling me scum, he's wrong, so he's scum", or is there something more to it? I'm obviously assuming you're town when asking that question and saying he's wrong when calling you scum, but I'm not convinced of it at all

Such as?
    What order are you reading the posts in? Because it seems like you're reading it from both the start and the end, which is a weird order, but I can kind of get it.

Your questions are largely answered later, but to summarize them: I ended up townreading you after the reflexive OMGUS because I realized I've blindsided you with my meta flexibility enough times that if you weren't wary of me it'd be kind of weird. You're a null read now.

Also, no my read on stealth is not just that he's calling me scum, it boils down to a few very important things which taken together is strongly wolf indicative:
    1) He called me scum at a very early point in the game after I had an off-meta opening
    2) He was totally convinced that I was a wolf at a point in the game where there simply wasn't enough information for such certainty
    3) He had several posts that were at their core just posts congratulating other people for wolf reading me, or making jokes about how I'm open wolfing
    4) When I asked him questions to try to understand where he was coming from he seemed to just double down without any interest in actually solving my slot
    5) His analysis on slots other than me has ranged from shallow to superficial to nonexistent
    6) His reasonings explained why actions that I could be doing could come from a wolf, but completely ignored how they could also come from town.

All put together it reads like a wolf that doesn't have real thoughts about the game, found something they can latch onto, tunneled on that, got caught, decided to double down on it, and have been hoping that they won't have to actually spew other slots.

I was very careful in my initial responses to stealth to try to defuse the tunnel, because it's really easy to get false positives when you're using bad tunnels as a means to read alignment - people will tunnel irrationally when they're angry or annoyed, which is why I made my initial responses to him just very open ended, unconfrontational, and probing. But despite that he seemed to really have zero interest in engaging with me or solving my slot.

He seemed to just want to say "yep this is a wolf" then tune out.

Like he miiiiight be town that's clout chasing try to catch or push a respected player? But that angle doesn't feel as plausible as just a wolf since SB16 doesn't seem like the type to clout chase.
    He miiiight just have gotten himself confbiased out of his mind? But like, he got there soooo early, and seemed totally uninterested in considering townie motives that it doesn't feel right either.

I think he just accidentally outed himself as a wolf, plain and simple

7. ISO #507

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Oh damn, you got some balls trying to shade me for low post count when that has not been indicative of my alignment for literal years.
    +1, but where are your snarky yet useful remarks based on this? It feels like you're on the defensive instead of actively trying to catch scum and humiliate them with your witty posts like you usually do. And even if I put meta aside, this just feels defensive.

This ["trying to rage bait me by voting for me to try and incite a reaction"] is a town tell for PQ.
    It's not. It's just his style. Saying provocative stuff is just how he plays.

I think this is, frustratingly, NAI for PQ.
    RVS IS GOOD

8. ISO #508

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post

Such as?
    Oh also, the wrath thing. Wrath's entire argument for me being scum basically boiled down to "Lag is asking people for their roles, and town Lag wouldn't do that, they would use a more sophisticated method."

Which was totally irrelevant because the premise was just... not even true. I asked Wrath his alignment, asked no one for their role. Maybe wrath doesn't understand the difference between role and alignment? Maybe he misunderstood something? I have no clue, but he seemed weirdly fixated on something that never happened, hence that comment.

9. ISO #509

What order are you reading the posts in? Because it seems like you're reading it from both the start and the end, which is a weird order, but I can kind of get it.
    Exactly! Liveposting EVOLVED

Your questions are largely answered later, but to summarize them: I ended up townreading you after the reflexive OMGUS because I realized I've blindsided you with my meta flexibility enough times that if you weren't wary of me it'd be kind of weird. You're a null read now.

Also, no my read on stealth is not just that he's calling me scum, it boils down to a few very important things which taken together is strongly wolf indicative:
    1) He called me scum at a very early point in the game after I had an off-meta opening , which is perfectly fine xD
    2) He was totally convinced that I was a wolf at a point in the game where there simply wasn't enough information for such certainty "Totally convinced" is a little too strong, but he was indeed confident. I don't think it goes to the point it is scummy due to a disparity between information and confidence, though.
    3) He had several posts that were at their core just posts congratulating other people for wolf reading me, or making jokes about how I'm open wolfing +1
    4) When I asked him questions to try to understand where he was coming from he seemed to just double down without any interest in actually solving my slot Hmm, I don't think I've seen that, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist; could use examples, and if you're town and right, it would only strenghten your case anyway
    5) His analysis on slots other than me has ranged from shallow to superficial to nonexistent +1
    6) His reasonings explained why actions that I could be doing could come from a wolf, but completely ignored how they could also come from town. Yes, but this can be explained by town tunnelling and isn't really scummy in itself; however, the lack of plausibility of the confbias theory (see comment at the end of the quote) makes this a little scummy

All put together it reads like a wolf that doesn't have real thoughts about the game, found something they can latch onto, tunneled on that, got caught, decided to double down on it, and have been hoping that they won't have to actually spew other slots. Yesn't? Stealth still decided to call out Wrath for giving me a townread for attacking you but not giving it to him for doing the same thing. That is not the kind of thing you do when you don't want to spew anyone, because Stealth and Wrath don't look SvS here, and that's thanks to Stealth. Could just be a misplay from scum!Stealth, though.

I was very careful in my initial responses to stealth to try to defuse the tunnel, because it's really easy to get false positives when you're using bad tunnels as a means to read alignment - people will tunnel irrationally when they're angry or annoyed, which is why I made my initial responses to him just very open ended, unconfrontational, and probing. But despite that he seemed to really have zero interest in engaging with me or solving my slot.

He seemed to just want to say "yep this is a wolf" then tune out.

Like he miiiiight be town that's clout chasing try to catch or push a respected player? But that angle doesn't feel as plausible as just a wolf since SB16 doesn't seem like the type to clout chase. Definetly not. I know Stealth (well, know-ish, I guess, since we've never done much more than play FM together, but for all intents and purposes, this should be sufficient here), and he doesn't do that.
    He miiiight just have gotten himself confbiased out of his mind? But like, he got there soooo early, and seemed totally uninterested in considering townie motives that it doesn't feel right either. Miiiight is the right way to say it. But considering what I've just pointed out in my last post, probably not. Being defensive and being confbiased doesn't match.

I think he just accidentally outed himself as a wolf, plain and simple
    Comments in red. I like this. Unfortunately, it's a long logical post, which you tend to make when you're scum and which I tend to fall for, so if you are scum again, I will have to instantly scumread you every single time you make a long logical post in the future. Either way, you get to live here, and Stealth gets to be pressured.
    -vote Stealthbomber16

10. ISO #510

11. ISO #511

12. ISO #512

13. ISO #513

14. ISO #514

15. ISO #515

16. ISO #516

17. ISO #517

18. ISO #518

19. ISO #519

@Marshmallow Marshall I'll admit my play at the very start of this game was awful, but on that specific comment I was just being sarcastic. Besides, even if I was in the Illuminati, that comment would not make sense because not even the Illuminati know exactly what's going on in this game. There are three neutral roles in this game, and the Illuminati are simply an informed minority. They're not an omniscient minority.

20. ISO #520

21. ISO #521

22. ISO #522

23. ISO #523

24. ISO #524

25. ISO #525

26. ISO #526

27. ISO #527

28. ISO #528

29. ISO #529

30. ISO #530

31. ISO #531

Quote Originally Posted by theoneceko View Post
    I know I care too much about winning when I start sacrificing my mental health. Good luck, and please vote Oliver.
    Oliver has posted a grand total of 5 letters this game, why is this such a priority for you? A chop on oliver would essentially be a policy chop.

32. ISO #532

33. ISO #533

34. ISO #534

35. ISO #535

36. ISO #536

37. ISO #537

38. ISO #538

39. ISO #539

40. ISO #540

41. ISO #541

42. ISO #542

43. ISO #543

44. ISO #544

45. ISO #545

46. ISO #546

47. ISO #547

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Oof how much time we got left? Maybe I'll try reading backwards
    valid method

my preffered method of catchup is starting at the most recent post, then going until i hit an interesting quote, then following the conversation back until i understand it, then going forward until i hit an interesting quote chain and rinse and repeat

I've heard so much about you

48. ISO #548

49. ISO #549

Quote Originally Posted by BananaCucho View Post
    Can you explain something to me? Are your three votes all RVS? Because you seem to be tryharding already but bouncing your vote as if you're not.
    imagine some guys playing a ball to eachother. those are active/online slots in the thread
    and now theres pqr, who is a dog, who sprints to the guy who has the ball rn. this sprinting is him pressuring, poking, voting.
    Praise the Lord!

50. ISO #550