S-FM 342: A Small Game
Register

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which games would you sign for? Treat voting for an option the same as signing for the setup!

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackflag Nightless

3 27.27%
  • Cop 9-er

5 45.45%
  • Warcraft

9 81.82%
  • Which Witch is Which?

8 72.73%
  • 6 Player Nightless

4 36.36%
  • Not Interested in a Small Game

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. ISO #1

S-FM 342: A Small Game

There has been renewed interest in the mini-queue!

If we were to host a small FM game alongside main-queue games, would you be interested in playing?

Vote for what setup you would play! If you have no preference, then vote for all the options since we will also be using the poll results to gauge if there is enough interest to justify running a second game alongside a main-queue game!

Treat a vote for a given option almost the same as signing for the game! If we get enough votes for an option we'll reach out to all voters to schedule that game!

Setups:
    Black Flag Nightless (10 Players)
    7 town, 3 mafia. No nights (and so no night kills). No Power roles. Town loses if they are reduced to 3 players. Mafia loses if they are reduced to 1 player.

Cop 9-er (9 Players)
    There's an alignment cop (aka a sheriff), two vanilla mafia (mafiosos), and 6 vanilla town

S-FM Warcraft (8 Players)
    A simple setup with some basic, randomized power roles for town (vig, doc, roleblocker) and a 1-shot Witch action for the wolves.

Which Witch is Which? (7 Players)
    A setup with many different possible power roles for both factions. It's neat.

6 Player Nightless (6 Players)
    There are 2 mafia, 3 vanilla town, 1 named town. No nights.
    Last edited by Lumi; February 14th, 2022 at 11:03 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

Re: S-FM 340: A Small Game

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I already have a 10p in the queue.
    That setup looks like a lot of fun, I'm hyped to play it. Last I checked with MM the official status was that you needed more time before hosting it again? If you have the availability to host it we can move it up in the queue. Messaged you on Discord to coordinate

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

Quote Originally Posted by Guillo View Post
    Or this one. Althought it should be Everyone’s tracked not watch but whatever

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php..._Being_Watched
    In a scenario where D1 is a Vanilla lynch (5 out of 9 probability), the Mafia would likely never target a Kill because the Global Tracker is obligated to use their ability N1 and find the killer if they do. If I understand it correctly.
    Most games would have D2 start with a PoE of 3, in which 2 are Mafia players.
    7v2 Town can always afford 2 mislynches.

The way I see the setup, it's balance is absolutely atrocious. I might be missing something though because of the 2 games played, Mafia won 1.

How about this one. This looks interesting.

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Shortnight
    I like it. There's just 1 problem for me there.
    So, these are the possible scenarios, right?
    Correct me if I counted wrong:
    1 out of 19 town to win before F3.
    8 out of 19 wolves to win before F3.
    10 out of 19 get to F3.
    What I don't like is that in those 10 out of 19 times, one of the 3 players in the F3 is confirmed, meaning the other 2 players always vote one another while the confirmed player can't see the previous group chat of those 2.
    Maybe it's my personal bias that I can't focus on a game after I know where my vote goes, but that F3 doesn't sound very interesting to me.

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

Or this one. Althought it should be Everyone’s tracked not watch but whatever

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php..._Being_Watched
    Tracking everyone and watching everyone are technically the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    In a scenario where D1 is a Vanilla lynch (5 out of 9 probability), the Mafia would likely never target a Kill because the Global Tracker is obligated to use their ability N1 and find the killer if they do. If I understand it correctly.

The way I see the setup, it's balance is absolutely atrocious. I might be missing something though because of the 2 games played, Mafia won 1.
    I believe mafia have the option to holster their night kill to avoid being instantly outed, but the setup still feels rather town-sided.

Using the assumptions that are used in the EV Project, town wins this setup 44.74% of the time.

The problem with EV Project expected winrates is that they treat day eliminations as purely random. Another way to read that is the rate at which town will win when they completely turn off their brain and just vote randomly. AKA town should pretty much always win at least as often as the EV Project winrate.

For reference setups used in MU champs typically have 25-35% expected winrate if you treat power roles as just named town and town eliminates randomly. After factoring in power roles the EV Project winrate is more in the 30-40% range
    The "balanced" 11v2 mountainous setup has a 39.49% EV Project winrate.

This setup being at 44.74% definitely makes it numerically town-sided, doubly so since IMO the town's power roles tilt the balance more in town's favor than mafia's favor.
    Last edited by Lumi; February 13th, 2022 at 12:09 PM.

21. ISO #21

Quote Originally Posted by Lag View Post
    I believe mafia have the option to holster their night kill to avoid being instantly outed, but the setup still feels rather town-sided.
    That's what I said. Hence Day2 PoE being 3 people not 1.

Using the assumptions that are used in the EV Project, town wins this setup 44.74% of the time.

The problem with EV Project expected winrates is that they treat day eliminations as purely random. Another way to read that is the rate at which town will win when they completely turn off their brain and just vote randomly. AKA town should pretty much always win at least as often as the EV Project winrate.

For reference setups used in MU champs typically have 25-35% expected winrate if you treat power roles as just named town and town eliminates randomly. After factoring in power roles the EV Project winrate is more in the 30-40% range
    The "balanced" 11v2 mountainous setup has a 39.49% EV Project winrate.

This setup being at 44.74% definitely makes it numerically town-sided, doubly so since IMO the town's power roles tilt the balance more in town's favor than mafia's favor.
    I don't know anything about what, if anything, is written in the EV project about this setup.
    But the way I see it Town has a 100% win rate after a Day1 Vanilla mislynch. I suppose Mafia have no choice but to YOLO and try to block or kill the Watcher N1, so they're not guaranteed to lose.

22. ISO #22

That's what I said. Hence Day2 PoE being 3 people not 1.

I don't know anything about what, if anything, is written in the EV project about this setup.
    But the way I see it Town has a 100% win rate after a Day1 Vanilla mislynch. I suppose Mafia have no choice but to YOLO and try to block or kill the Watcher N1, so they're not guaranteed to lose.
    The global watcher action is one-shot, town will never have a 100% win-rate because the watcher will only ever be able to out one of the two mafia.

23. ISO #23

I like it. There's just 1 problem for me there.
    So, these are the possible scenarios, right?
    Correct me if I counted wrong:
    1 out of 19 town to win before F3.
    8 out of 19 wolves to win before F3.
    10 out of 19 get to F3.
    What I don't like is that in those 10 out of 19 times, one of the 3 players in the F3 is confirmed, meaning the other 2 players always vote one another while the confirmed player can't see the previous group chat of those 2.
    Maybe it's my personal bias that I can't focus on a game after I know where my vote goes, but that F3 doesn't sound very interesting to me.
    Short night is a six players set up
    Tell the truth and you'll lie good.

24. ISO #24

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

27. ISO #27

Never mind.
    What im into are unique experimental set ups but they gotta have a night phase or im doomed if i rand scum. Personally
    https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...der-(10P)-(lol)

This has a night phase :trollface:
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

28. ISO #28

The global watcher action is one-shot, town will never have a 100% win-rate because the watcher will only ever be able to out one of the two mafia.
    Global watcher sees everyone who visits, that's what it says in the role card: "You will get back results of where everyone goes that night".
    Everyone is forced to visit who are able, that's what it says in mechanics: "Everyone must choose to visit someone at night if they aren't using a role or they will visit someone randomly".

I fail to see how D2 the watcher doesn't have both Mafia in his PoE, unless blocked or dead. They both powers, they both have to use their powers, global watcher sees everyone's targets.

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Just to make sure, what is the vote system for the setup whose name is "Which Witch is Which?"
    @Stealthbomber16
    Quote Originally Posted by Efekannn02 View Post
    MM Magoroth and Distorted are the 3 baddies
    just like Agrael Acriel and Auwt being the original 3 baddies
    MafiaZ and Skwirl its all a repeat of history
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRevenant View Post
    But Potoss has Pobes, Zeelot, and Acrons!
    Screw you I actually have more grudges towards the people who have their names start with A

31. ISO #31

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    Just to make sure, what is the vote system for the setup whose name is "Which Witch is Which?"
    @Stealthbomber16
    ^ would be nice to specify in the setup page itself. Also, it seems we have reached 7 votes for the setup ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

32. ISO #32

Global watcher sees everyone who visits, that's what it says in the role card: "You will get back results of where everyone goes that night".
    Everyone is forced to visit who are able, that's what it says in mechanics: "Everyone must choose to visit someone at night if they aren't using a role or they will visit someone randomly".

I fail to see how D2 the watcher doesn't have both Mafia in his PoE, unless blocked or dead. They both powers, they both have to use their powers, global watcher sees everyone's targets.
    What if several people visit the same target that gets killed. With a player list that small town will mot have enough chops to go through the PoE
    Tell the truth and you'll lie good.

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

Quote Originally Posted by Auwt View Post
    @Stealthbomber16
    Hosts choice. Default plurality majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

35. ISO #35

Vanilla town have a visit action too, everyone is visiting

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

Re: S-FM 342: A Small Game

A look ahead at planned games in the queue!

Main Queue
    S-FM 339: ?KRC hosted by Yours Truly
    - Starts: February 17th
    S-FM 340: Election Day hosted by deathworlds
    - Sign-ups Open: Soon!
    - Estimated Start: Early-Mid March
    Cross Community Game hosted by [MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Hawkataine, Dolby - pairings TBA] on MafiaCafe
    - Estimated Start: Early April
    S-FM 343: Cross Community Game hosted by [MartinGG99, Stealthbomber16, Hawkataine, Dolby - pairings TBA] on SC2Mafia
    - Estimated Start: Late April

Mini Queue
    S-FM 341: American Flag Nightless hosted by Stealthbomber16
    - Sign-ups Open: Before the end of ?KRC
    - Estimated Start: Early-Mid March
    S-FM 342: A Small Game - host position available!
    - Sign-ups Open: As soon as S-FM 341 fills!
    - Estimated Start: Late March

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39