Register

User Tag List

1. ISO #1

setup selection in lobby

Get in a game
    host do the "pick a default setup and switch to Save setup to start very quick"
    no time to repick and 15 players are somewhat forced whatever the 1 host wants to play.

I really rather have the option to vote for default setup during lobby. *cough* chaos *cough*
    Default option upon entering lobby should be "host decided" though imho.

There's pros and cons to this idea and low priority regardless. But I feel like it'd be more beneficial than not.

Not a popular enough thing in SC2 arcades I feel like. Runling Run 8 is the only one I can even name off the top of my head, the rest have at best the option to have a setup be host decided upon lobby creation.

2. ISO #2

Re: setup selection in lobby

The problem is default setups and especially some of the chaos ones are just bad. Some roles are scuffed while others are set OP for no reason. Bonker completely breaks any balance. Also knowing this community great setup making skills they would pick 8331 for a default setup over 933 or even 834 which is extremely imbalanced if any random rolls neut evil or hostile benign. Terrible setups have been a bane of this game for years and getting to use my own setups is the only way left in which i can still enjoy this game.

3. ISO #3

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    Also knowing this community great setup making skills they would pick 8331 for a default setup over 933
    Bruh...
    The first 8331 was created by Distorted, as the community got better and 933 got noticeably more and more town favored.
    8331 back then did indeed feel more balanced, it was no longer the "get town get win" game that it was - it felt like an improvement.
    Though he for that setup took weeks or months tweeking it nonstop back then, unlike the 8331s that are around now.

At one point Mafia on EU revived after being dead, but it was full of new players, I remember deliberately going back to 933 because of it. Though, tbh, even 10-3-2 still wouldn't be town favored then.

All I'm saying is, I don't agree with your dogmatic sounding opinion towards the 9-3-3 vs 8-3-3-1 fiasco.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Bruh...
    The first 8331 was created by Distorted, as the community got better and 933 got noticeably more and more town favored.
    8331 back then did indeed feel more balanced, it was no longer the "get town get win" game that it was - it felt like an improvement.
    Though he for that setup took weeks or months tweeking it nonstop back then, unlike the 8331s that are around now.

At one point Mafia on EU revived after being dead, but it was full of new players, I remember deliberately going back to 933 because of it. Though, tbh, even 10-3-2 still wouldn't be town favored then.

All I'm saying is, I don't agree with your dogmatic sounding opinion towards the 9-3-3 vs 8-3-3-1 fiasco.
    I don't entirely disagree that 834 can be made balanced over 933. I disagree that 8331 can be made ever balanced with any random which can be either another town or neutral evil and neutral evils are some of the most powerful roles in the game. I would rather play 834 where i know what i'm up against than hoping we rolled a town role instead of another evil. Neutral random is already very imbalanced with the massive difference between Killing/Evil/Benign.

5. ISO #5

oh boy another 8331 vs 933 argument

brief dip on that debate, but i prefer 8331s myself. I was an early trendsetter of 8331 alongside Distorted back when 933 was still meta. I was one of the few people hosting 8331s back then. Hell, I even have my Any Random include anything except killing roles, broadening the possibilities compared to most other 8331s. 8331 has higher skill ceiling due to the extra randomness added which you fellas have to solve and counter.

But to get to the issue of OP

Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Get in a game
    host do the "pick a default setup and switch to Save setup to start very quick"
    no time to repick and 15 players are somewhat forced whatever the 1 host wants to play.
    We do this Default->Custom switcharoo b/c otherwise we have to spam the fucking start button for 15 seconds before starting the 10-second "Save is Starting" phase while the game complains about "WAAAAAAH YOU ARE TRYING TO START TOO FAST". If we don't feel like stalling around in lobby any longer, we do that to start the game quickly. Of course that has the side effect of fucking up repick votes.

But I noticed that even with people not quick-starting with the switcharoo, only about 10% of repick votes actually work. People might be hooting and hollering about it, the save might be the trolliest shit to ever exist, there might even be a "Some people have repicked" and "Some people want to use a default save" message at the same fucking time and the troll host wouldn't be repicked. Nobody knows just how far the repicking campaign has progressed b/c votes are hidden AND rigged in favor of veteran players in general. I brought this issue up to Frinckles on the sc2maf discord and he promises to rework the repicking system on February. Hopefully we can get "# more votes needed to repick" announcements to let people know that repicking isnt a hopeless cause.
    Last edited by Grakylan; January 25th, 2022 at 07:51 PM.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

6. ISO #6