Shocking bread Fact.
Register

User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. ISO #1

    Shocking bread Fact.

    Hi I'm SuperJack. I am here to bring you perhaps the most shocking fact you will ever swallow.

    Here in the UK.

    BY LAW

    An ingredient MUST be added to bread.

    What is this ingredient you ponder?

    Why , the law only forces us to put

    CHALK

    in bread.

    That right peeps.
    That fancy white rock which we used to draw on blackboards with.
    That rock which we mine out of the god damn ground.

    Has to be included inside all of our bread BY LAW!

    WE USE GOD DAMN CHALK TO MAKE OUR BREAD.


    WE BRITS SIT HERE DRINKING OUR TEA AND EATING GOD DAMN ROCK



    That is all
    Cryptonic made this sig

    Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

    Attachment 28016

  2. ISO #2

  3. ISO #3

  4. ISO #4

  5. ISO #5

  6. ISO #6

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    The only source I can find for this is a Reddit post... Hmmmmm...........

    SJ CONFIRMED SCUM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  7. ISO #7

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    The only source I can find for this is a Reddit post... Hmmmmm...........

    SJ CONFIRMED SCUM
    Flour in UK has to be fortified, it means "by statute any white wheat flour that is milled in the UK has to have calcium carbonate, iron, thiamine/Vitamin B1 and Nicotinic acid added." (Outdated list I think)
    Calcium carbonate = chalk.

    I feel like when I googled it, all first page was a hit. Though most of them talked about fortification as a whole and not chalk specifically.

    That reddit post talks about how that statute (somehow different from law?) is based on outdated beliefs. However, that reddit post itself is slightly outdated, as for example it doesn't include this:
    "UK's move to fortify flour with folic acid to help prevent birth defects hailed. The UK government's decision to finally make it mandatory to add folic acid to non-wholemeal wheat flour to help prevent life-threatening spinal conditions in babies is being hailed by all concerned." - 2021
    (Though not sure if it doesn't talk about different kinds of flour?)

    Ftr, here's the link to the current law of it:
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/141
    (Click "latest available" if it's not on by default)
    Essential ingredients still include CaCO3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  8. ISO #8

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Flour in UK has to be fortified, it means "by statute any white wheat flour that is milled in the UK has to have calcium carbonate, iron, thiamine/Vitamin B1 and Nicotinic acid added." (Outdated list I think)
    Calcium carbonate = chalk.

    I feel like when I googled it, all first page was a hit. Though most of them talked about fortification as a whole and not chalk specifically.

    That reddit post talks about how that statute (somehow different from law?) is based on outdated beliefs. However, that reddit post itself is slightly outdated, as for example it doesn't include this:
    "UK's move to fortify flour with folic acid to help prevent birth defects hailed. The UK government's decision to finally make it mandatory to add folic acid to non-wholemeal wheat flour to help prevent life-threatening spinal conditions in babies is being hailed by all concerned." - 2021
    (Though not sure if it doesn't talk about different kinds of flour?)

    Ftr, here's the link to the current law of it:
    https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/141
    (Click "latest available" if it's not on by default)
    Essential ingredients still include CaCO3.
    so much justification
    -vote OzyWho

  9. ISO #9

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshalt View Post
    so much justification
    -vote OzyWho
    Right? He's just whiteknighting SJ at this point. Die scum
    -vote OzyWho
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  10. ISO #10

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshalt View Post
    so much justification
    -vote OzyWho
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Marshall View Post
    Right? He's just whiteknighting SJ at this point. Die scum
    -vote OzyWho
    Why U do me like this
    I was about to open up a champagne in celebration of my out-googling of MM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  11. ISO #11

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    nah ozy and sj are both fake news liars

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_carbonate

    "Calcium carbonate in the form of chalk has traditionally been a major component of blackboard chalk. However, modern manufactured chalk is mostly gypsum, hydrated calcium sulfate CaSO4·2H2O"

    "Dark green vegetables such as broccoli and kale contain dietarily significant amounts of calcium carbonate"

    it's a chemical in all kinds of stuff and 'blackboard chalk' (an amalgamation of stuff) is a separate thing from 'chalk' (a rock composed mainly of calcium carbonate... not unlike how rock salt is a rock composed mainly of sodium chloride)


    in other news, the human body needs to eat a certain amount of iron or else you get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemia
    Last edited by DJarJar; January 25th, 2022 at 01:08 PM.
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

  12. ISO #12

  13. ISO #13

  14. ISO #14

  15. ISO #15

  16. ISO #16

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by aamirus View Post
    nah ozy and sj are both fake news liars

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium_carbonate

    "Calcium carbonate in the form of chalk has traditionally been a major component of blackboard chalk. However, modern manufactured chalk is mostly gypsum, hydrated calcium sulfate CaSO4·2H2O"

    "Dark green vegetables such as broccoli and kale contain dietarily significant amounts of calcium carbonate"

    it's a chemical in all kinds of stuff and 'blackboard chalk' (an amalgamation of stuff) is a separate thing from 'chalk' (a rock composed mainly of calcium carbonate... not unlike how rock salt is a rock composed mainly of sodium chloride)


    in other news, the human body needs to eat a certain amount of iron or else you get https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anemia
    Confirmed town leader! Thanks for the infos lol, that makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.

  17. ISO #17

  18. ISO #18

  19. ISO #19

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Had a funny conversation about bread a while back. Some guy was saying how the most nutritious part of bread was the crust/heel. When I brought up how the crust was literally just a crispy/thick portion on the exterior and not something different from the rest of the loaf my friend called me out for explaining 'thats not how bread works.' Became a running joke the rest of the night and someone bought me a shot for the 'breadoligist.'

    To the subject though, I think Calcium carbonate is relatively common in food. Not sure if it should be there or not and I can't speak intelligently about it but I want to say I see it quite often when I read ingredients.

  20. ISO #20

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Helz View Post
    To the subject though, I think Calcium carbonate is relatively common in food. Not sure if it should be there or not and I can't speak intelligently about it but I want to say I see it quite often when I read ingredients.
    Are you confident you're not mistaking it for carbohydrates? At least as a not native english speaker those sound similar enough to make that assumption.
    AFAIK carbohydrates are the fuel our bodies run on.
    Something fun to look into is low-carb high-fat diet. Instead of eating your bodies fuel directly, you eat fat instead which slowly transforms into said fuel - making it so you have constant levels of energy throughout the day and not a lot of energy after eating but no energy hours later. Sort of like comparing dumping straw into fire vs dumping big chunks of wood into fire, where fire is the bodies energy. I think it's fascinating. But I can't imagine the levels of sheer discipline and willpower required to overcome the bodies mind games on you to start eating carbs before it starts the adaptation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  21. ISO #21

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Ban please. Edited.
    MM is cheating also, has 2 votes on me using different accounts. They just can't win legitimately against us.
    It's ok though, the pocketing Aamirus by MM is way too obvious to not notice for her. We got this
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    from time to time, I act very much like a normal person.
    My spirit animal: https://youtu.be/fNugZU61EXI

  22. ISO #22

    Re: Shocking bread Fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by OzyWho View Post
    Are you confident you're not mistaking it for carbohydrates? At least as a not native english speaker those sound similar enough to make that assumption.
    AFAIK carbohydrates are the fuel our bodies run on.
    Something fun to look into is low-carb high-fat diet. Instead of eating your bodies fuel directly, you eat fat instead which slowly transforms into said fuel - making it so you have constant levels of energy throughout the day and not a lot of energy after eating but no energy hours later. Sort of like comparing dumping straw into fire vs dumping big chunks of wood into fire, where fire is the bodies energy. I think it's fascinating. But I can't imagine the levels of sheer discipline and willpower required to overcome the bodies mind games on you to start eating carbs before it starts the adaptation.
    I need to learn about it sometime. I have always understood we are chemistry on the most basic level but have given so little thought and consideration to how it works. While I fundamentally understand functions of heat and cutting simple energy concepts I have very little understanding of how my body functions. If I have the time I should fix that. I appreciate the concept. Your line of thought there is pretty interesting especially given your line of work. Makes me wonder how deeply you consider the dishes you make for yourself and how deep that rabbit hole is in general for people. I am unfortunately worse than the typical American slob who moderates body weight with activity instead of diet.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •