S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008 - Page 17
Register

User Tag List

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
  1. ISO #801

Re: S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008

@Seanzie

I'm confused as to whether this is a fundamental difference in our understanding of mafia or if you are just trying to scumpaint me. If I view a player as town, I won't vote them. If I view a player as town, I also won't shoot them. This makes perfect sense to me, as I'm supposed to vote and shoot the bad guys. What part of this do you disagree with?
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.

2. ISO #802

Quote Originally Posted by deathworlds View Post
    Maybe it's a playstyle read, I'm a pretty serious player and antics don't sit well with me
    I will ask a 2nd time, please do not promote me to the top wagon at this time. If you want to discuss further and nominate me for taking a shot, that is more reasonable. But do not make me the person with the most votes. Thank you! You are making a mistake.

3. ISO #803

Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    I will ask a 2nd time, please do not promote me to the top wagon at this time. If you want to discuss further and nominate me for taking a shot, that is more reasonable. But do not make me the person with the most votes. Thank you! You are making a mistake.
    Drop the gimmick.

4. ISO #804

5. ISO #805

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    Your plan doesn't work when people aren't voting because the wagons are town. I literally am calling people to vote for Pao, my preferred wagon. Scroll up. You don't even have to switch pages.

Don't try and scumpaint me. I'm really good at taking scum down with me.
    You're spending a lot more time trying to discourage a major +EV plan than you are trying to get people to vote.

You're doing a plenty fine job scumpainting yourself, I don't need to do anything.

Except maybe vote...

-vote Stealthbomber16

6. ISO #806

Not lurking by the way, just chilling and thinking. I don't really fit into the current conversation because I don't care about ITAs speculation or whatever the hell else was just happening. I'm just ISOing some people and seeing what I can come up with but it's not a whole lot.

To be honest maybe I'm just waiting for the real show to start. That's not being cryptic. I'm legitimately interested in seeing a bunch of whacky mechanic stuff pop off.

7. ISO #807

Hello? That is my point, we identify the 3rd shot in advance (I know the quantity of shots is dependent on their success etc.) but whatever that lynch-based shot is, we prep it in advance. And not "oh hey we killed 2 people, now let's do some actual voting". That is okay for Scenario B (immediate flips) but I don't like it in Scenario A as then scum gets advantage in being able to manipulate the voting after they know the outcomes of the first 2 ITA shots.

Can you explain "in favour of shooting the top 2 wagons after a single vote."
    Did I offer an argument to shoot top 2 wagons?

I am about to lose my mind here.
    Oh you want to lynch the top wagon and shoot the others, is that it ? My brain is only barely working, sorry...

8. ISO #808

I'm new to deck mafia, there's a card for every eventuality I bet, that game I linked had someone died because they mentioned a specific set of phrases.

I'll play by behavior and roll with the mechanical punches
    Quote Originally Posted by MattZed View Post
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by yzb25 View Post
    At least Mesk has lewdy lefty and raunchy righty. You're not even Canadian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FM-Shocked Kirby Face View Post
    Deathworlds is simply better than us at this game. Don't kill them for that.
    fucketh me in the ass

9. ISO #809

Quote Originally Posted by Seanzie View Post
    You're spending a lot more time trying to discourage a major +EV plan than you are trying to get people to vote.

You're doing a plenty fine job scumpainting yourself, I don't need to do anything.

Except maybe vote...

-vote Stealthbomber16
    Huh. I was not expecting you to out yourself that aggressively.

-vote Seanzie

Alright. I'm not going to be convinced by a wolf that I should shoot my townreads.

10. ISO #810

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Oh you want to lynch the top wagon and shoot the others, is that it ? My brain is only barely working, sorry...
    facepalm. Unreal. I am saying we identify secondary wagons beforehand (not via voting mechanic, which is limited to 1 vote per person) seeing as we need more than ONE wagon for the strat to shoot/kill/eliminate multiple players.

11. ISO #811

12. ISO #812

13. ISO #813

How did you find that game so fast?
    deck mafia discord, it's publicly listed in #game-history
    deathworld's and RLVG's suicides made me lul. I take a lot of pleasure in knowing that I gave you an night action, and that you used it to kill yourself.
    fucketh me in the ass

14. ISO #814

15. ISO #815

Huh. I was not expecting you to out yourself that aggressively.

-vote Seanzie

Alright. I'm not going to be convinced by a wolf that I should shoot my townreads.
    Wooow i did NOT expect that ! Interesting, what do you expect will come out of this ? Anything you want me to do ?
    I kinda just want to see what you do and what people think of you.

16. ISO #816

Your plan doesn't work when people aren't voting because the wagons are town. I literally am calling people to vote for Pao, my preferred wagon. Scroll up. You don't even have to switch pages.

Don't try and scumpaint me. I'm really good at taking scum down with me.
    You've almost convinced me. But i remember the Politico game and now i'm just scared

17. ISO #817

18. ISO #818

19. ISO #819

But what did you search for? You came back with an answer really quick.
    I looked for host links to events that weren't end of days or start of days, since anything else would be either a replacement announcement or a day flip or something.
    Combination of luck and knowing what to look for
    fucketh me in the ass

20. ISO #820

You've almost convinced me. But i remember the Politico game and now i'm just scared
    I actually genuinely don't blame you. I was going HARD that game.

21. ISO #821

@deathworlds I will die if 1 more person votes me.
    I think I'm fine with that
    fucketh me in the ass

22. ISO #822

23. ISO #823

24. ISO #824

Quote Originally Posted by Takumi Fujiwara View Post
    What if I don't want to use any of my cards?
    Then you'd be really bad at Hearthstone.

25. ISO #825

Interesting, so I am your top scumread?
    I want to see how you flip so I can make a better judgement of Gikkle, more data points, if you're town, then maybe your reads are solid.

Gotta get those datapoints
    fucketh me in the ass

26. ISO #826

I want to see how you flip so I can make a better judgement of Gikkle, more data points, if you're town, then maybe your reads are solid.

Extremely disappointing from my towncore. We are supposed to work together.

@Marshmallow Marshalt @DoctorZeus pls consider removing your vote from me as I will be lynched in the event that one more player votes me.

27. ISO #827

@Marshmallow Marshalt @DoctorZeus pls consider removing your vote from me as I will be lynched in the event that one more player votes me.
    I NEVER CONSENTED TO THIS TOWNCORE
    fucketh me in the ass

28. ISO #828

29. ISO #829

30. ISO #830

I actually genuinely don't blame you. I was going HARD that game.
    Did you see in post game that i hoped i'd not die in case you were scum because i openly put you as my top TR ?
    That struck me bad, man...

Anyway, you convinced me :
    -vote NotPaopan

I'm parking a vote here to get more from paopan while you & sean go ham, waiting to see what comes out of it. Probably good stuff.

31. ISO #831

32. ISO #832

Did you see in post game that i hoped i'd not die in case you were scum because i openly put you as my top TR ?
    That struck me bad, man...

Anyway, you convinced me :
    -vote NotPaopan

I'm parking a vote here to get more from paopan while you & sean go ham, waiting to see what comes out of it. Probably good stuff.
    Thanks babe.

33. ISO #833

34. ISO #834

35. ISO #835

36. ISO #836

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    Loldebite, talk to me. Give me the run down of your thoughts.
    I've already posted a reads list.
    I once again have no fucking clue what PQR is doing.
    Btw

I hate the way you do that, i do. These "please remove vote UwU" messages trigger me, i have a really hard time seeing town in them even tho i KNOW you posted that as town in one game we've been in...

Now that i think about it, isn't it weird that oliverz has yet to show up ?

37. ISO #837

@Seanzie

I'm confused as to whether this is a fundamental difference in our understanding of mafia or if you are just trying to scumpaint me. If I view a player as town, I won't vote them. If I view a player as town, I also won't shoot them. This makes perfect sense to me, as I'm supposed to vote and shoot the bad guys. What part of this do you disagree with?
    If you are town here, you are simplifying the situation down too far. We have the ability to get a significant boost over scum using the plan as laid out.
    The plan doesn't really work if people can just go off-book and either shoot other people or not shoot at all, and we lose that significant boost. As is, the plan already has an unfortuante chance of not giving us as good of a boost as we might want simply due to RNG and timezones, but adding extra non-shots (and in particular the ability for wolves to strategically non-shoot) is just making the whole situation worse.

Think about it like this... what do you think is more beneficial to town... to have 1 person die by TK or to have each person have a 1/15-accuracy shot? IMO the 1 person TK death is much more valuable to town - it forces us to work together and it makes it harder for wolves to hide since town naturally is incentivized to create wagons, which are then readable, and scum has to work around that, and looking at movements among the wagons is all helpful. On the other hand, 1/15-accuracy shots do not promote the same sort of wagon effects and it is easy for scum to find a reason to scumread or townread a single person (weither it be because they want to shoot someone or not shoot someone), whereas it is harder for them to explain why they wanted to push one wagon over another, etc...

Now, I know that 1 guaranteed TK vs 1/15-accuracy shots is not exactly what you and a few others are proposing, but the proposal pushes us away from 1 guaranteed TK and close to 1/15 accuracy shots, and I believe the EV is monotonic in the sense that the closer we are to 1 guaranteed TK, the more EV we have, the further, the less. This is especially true since at this point, town really doesn't seem to care about the wagons moving into the artificial deadline, because you know what? if they don't like the person chosen, they just don't shoot. That takes all of the pressure of the artifical deadline, removes a significant value-add from said pressure, and makes it so even if no one shoots outside our targets, the number of shots that go off is going to be low (already we're working against timezones and activity, now we have to work against reads as well? We might as well just all agree to holster the ITAs... idk what you expect to happen, but I have been strategically silent about how much coordination we actually need to try to get 2 TKs here. The way things are going, I don't even really expect to get one unless we're exceedingly lucky... especially considering how many people have anxiety about making a big decision... now you've given those people a decision to make, so even more shots aren't going to be fired just because people have agency and not acting unless forced to is easier than acting for many people).

38. ISO #838

So how will you judge Gikkle differently depending on my flip? Please fill in the blanks below.

A. PQR flips town (100% from my POV but not yours):
    B. PQR flips scum:
    C. PQR flips 3P:

39. ISO #839

I've already posted a reads list.
    I once again have no fucking clue what PQR is doing.
    Btw

I hate the way you do that, i do. These "please remove vote UwU" messages trigger me, i have a really hard time seeing town in them even tho i KNOW you posted that as town in one game we've been in...

Now that i think about it, isn't it weird that oliverz has yet to show up ?
    You think you are voting till EOD but you may not be.

40. ISO #840

Quote Originally Posted by Gikkle View Post
    SB16, you don't like Paopan? Can you explain exactly why? What did you think of his reads list?
    You’re not new anymore. Stop playing this card.
    You had a very strong scum game last game and you were voted MVP in a game offsite. @NotPaopan

I know you’re a better player than what you’re letting on in this thread.
    -vote NotPaopan
    Wasn't that hard to find, was it ?...

41. ISO #841

So how will you judge Gikkle differently depending on my flip? Please fill in the blanks below.

A. PQR flips town (100% from my POV but not yours):
    B. PQR flips scum:
    C. PQR flips 3P:
    Thinking ahead? Now for this level of analysis, not right now in day chat
    fucketh me in the ass

42. ISO #842

Spoiler : Sean Strat :

[QUOTE=Seanzie;955963]Okay, at this point, I am going to go to bed soon, but haven't heard any strong objections or requests for changes to the plan I proposed. In order to give people time to confirm they understand the plan, I'm going to lay it out now.

Since I did not hear any objections, I'm going to insist we go with the following ITA plan:

We will likely have enough ITAs to kill two extra people today. Here is how I propose we do it. Note that one facet of this plan is that while I will play some part in facilitating the plan, the plan is specifically designed to not have me have any extra power, so even if you don't townread me, you can trust the plan.

There will be two "artificial deadlines" added in addition to the EoD deadline. One will be at 11 pm EST on 1/24 (when ITAs become available), and one will be at 7am EST on 1/24 (4 hours before EoD). Whomever is the top wagon at these artificial EoDs will very likely be killed, so please take this seriously!!

At the first EoD, I will screenshot and post the current VC. If there is a tie, I will figure out who reached the "winning" number of votes first, so there is a unique person targeted. At that point I will ask people in the thread to ITA that person until they die. Hopefully they will die quickly so we can see their flip and re-evaluate before the second artificial EoD. The second artificial EoD will happen in the same way.

Any ITAs that do NOT respect the votecount of the first or second artificial deadline will be considered a scum claim. Do NOT shoot outside the two names we agree on as a group.

If you have read this plan and agree, please respond to this saying you agree. If you have questions, please ask well before the first artificial deadline.

If anyone knows they'll be available at 7am EST on 11/24 can you volunteer to facilitate the second artificial deadline (figure out who is the vote, and get anyone who hasn't used their ITA yet to shoot that person)? I can try to be up then, but that is very early for me, so if someone else can agree to do it, that would be much better for me.
    Everyone else, please respond to this to agree to the plan.

Sorry but I will not agree on this on day 1.
    I would rather use my shot on someone I think is scum
    Call it anti-town but I don't really see any benefits on doing this when wolves can easily blend in

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post
    I am decent at the game. Not new, I am new here.
    Is early and not much to say. I like Sean and hack so far
    Can you elaborate why you like them?

You’re not new anymore. Stop playing this card.
    This is my 2nd town game. I'm pretty sure it still counts as new

lynching a claimed neutral*
    I can view Gikkle as someone who claims neutral as town. If he recants it, I'm pretty sure he means it.

NotPao. This is textbook scum pao. We were scummates last game.
    Can you explain my textbook town pao? If you can't. then you are scum

Please keep the frustration related to the slot, not the player. @BradLand
    Quite ironic when you actually read the statement you said about me eh?

Also,

-vote Marshmallow Marshalt

scum!MM play low activity when scum.

43. ISO #843

I'm done with your 20 questions PQ
    fucketh me in the ass

44. ISO #844

45. ISO #845

46. ISO #846

47. ISO #847

Kinda tempted to take you up on this ngl.

Please explain what mechanic would cause you to die if you get one more vote... if you don't, I'mma vote you.

48. ISO #848

49. ISO #849

50. ISO #850