S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008 - Page 22
Register

User Tag List

Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2414
  1. ISO #1051

2. ISO #1052

Re: S-FM 338: Deck Mafia #008

Quite happy to see Zeus gone, am content with Boba and MM for elimination purposes, not happy with Seanzie dead but makes perfect sense for scum to eliminate him.
    Given the number of deaths, there seem to be quite some killer cards out there.

I chose to end the day early for following reasons:
    1. I did not like where the ITA plan was going. Multiple individuals, including myself, expressed the limited time in those last 12 hours (due to sleep).
    2. Multiple people (some of them scum, surely, like Pao himself) wanted to shoot however they pleased.
    3. DoctorZeus expressed planning to shoot me and keeps tunnelling me for whatever reason.
    4. As I said earlier, I wanted us to gain information about N1 developments before performing mass shootings.
    5. I wanted to buy us time to think, not only about Pao's flip but also how to improve our ITA strategy D2. The sleep consideration will remain a concern, I had considered setting alarms as needed during the night, but my previous FM game took a toll on my health as it is, I can't let games do this to me.
    6. Things are never 100%, I was comfortable with Pao lynch/shot/kill (one of my scum suspects, just not 100%), but if he flipped town, I had fear that folks would go after me next as I was the 2nd train (I do recognize this may have been a premature thought as I had some good backing from others whose votes were already on Pao and they probably wouldnt have asked for me to be the 2nd ITA victim, but concern #2 still applied). I went for an option that was closer to 100% to save myself at this time (Town, as known to me) as opposed to rolling dice with madmen(or women) shooting or folks going on the basis of votes (I had 2nd highest). My main fear there was that maybe I would die for being the last 5th voter on Pao (some cards result in death of the hammering vote), but I escaped that possibility. I do recognize that shooting outside of agreements would look scummy and give us good scum-reads, but I am pretty sure we have Townies also not wanting to follow through, so I don't believe ITA mechanic alone would have pinpointed all the scum. In short, I believe buying us more time is reasonable, we can still do our magic D2, albeit with fewer players remaining, but I am happy that we have 1 fewer mafioso remaining.
    7. Not a reason for my action, but a nice outcome. I am pretty sure that other NA-based players on our Town team appreciated the extra time and sleep

I fully expect HK and his dislike of me to evolve into "both Pao and PQR were scum and PQR hammered early to avoid more damage". I do see it is a plausible scenario (which I, myself, know not to be the case), but I am also wary of Scum who know they didn't hammer (I did) shading the hammering player today.

Double jeopardy time.

3. ISO #1053

Spoiler : quote :
    Quote Originally Posted by PQRnHack View Post
    Quite happy to see Zeus gone, am content with Boba and MM for elimination purposes, not happy with Seanzie dead but makes perfect sense for scum to eliminate him.

1. I did not like where the ITA plan was going. Multiple individuals, including myself, expressed the limited time in those last 12 hours (due to sleep).
    2. Multiple people (some of them scum, surely, like Pao himself) wanted to shoot however they pleased.
    3. DoctorZeus expressed planning to shoot me and keeps tunnelling me for whatever reason.
    4. As I said earlier, I wanted us to gain information about N1 developments before performing mass shootings.
    5. I wanted to buy us time to think, not only about Pao's flip but also how to improve our ITA strategy D2. The sleep consideration will remain a concern, I had considered setting alarms as needed during the night, but my previous FM game took a toll on my health as it is, I can't let games do this to me.
    6. Things are never 100%, I was comfortable with Pao lynch/shot/kill (one of my scum suspects, just not 100%), but if he flipped town, I had fear that folks would go after me next as I was the 2nd train (I do recognize this may have been a premature thought as I had some good backing from others whose votes were already on Pao and they probably wouldnt have asked for me to be the 2nd ITA victim, but concern #2 still applied). I went for an option that was closer to 100% to save myself at this time (Town, as known to me) as opposed to rolling dice with madmen(or women) shooting or folks going on the basis of votes (I had 2nd highest). My main fear there was that maybe I would die for being the last 5th voter on Pao (some cards result in death of the hammering vote), but I escaped that possibility. I do recognize that shooting outside of agreements would look scummy and give us good scum-reads, but I am pretty sure we have Townies also not wanting to follow through, so I don't believe ITA mechanic alone would have pinpointed all the scum. In short, I believe buying us more time is reasonable, we can still do our magic D2, albeit with fewer players remaining, but I am happy that we have 1 fewer mafioso remaining.
    7. Not a reason for my action, but a nice outcome. I am pretty sure that other NA-based players on our Town team appreciated the extra time and sleep

I fully expect HK and his dislike of me to evolve into "both Pao and PQR were scum and PQR hammered early to avoid more damage". I do see it is a plausible scenario (which I, myself, know not to be the case), but I am also wary of Scum who know they didn't hammer (I did) shading the hammering player today.

Double jeopardy time.

Wait wait wait wait wait WHAT ?
    YOU ended the day early ?

4. ISO #1054

5. ISO #1055

6. ISO #1056

Double jeopardy time.
    bruh I town read you yesterday. I have to think about this
    -vote unvote

7. ISO #1057

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16 View Post
    I can’t directly quote my anonymous message, so I’ll paraphrase it here.

1. The player analyzed Pao’s ISO to look for interactions and listed how many interactions each player had with pao, noting that interactions between scum and scum in 24/7 chat games are usually forced or completely absent. To this extent, the player found 0 interactions with Mesk/Oliver, Gikkle, and DoctorZeus. The player expressed suspicion toward Gikkle for that reason. The player also noted that Pao had 12 interactions with PQ, which is a lot.

2. The player noted how Pao scumread people they had few interactions with and lurkers, with deathworlds being the one exception (and me, but this player didn’t pick up on that?)

3. The player townreads me, seanzie and loldebite. He scumreads MM and frinckles, noting that they are out of their town meta.

It’s interesting that I actually disagree with Frinckles being out of his town meta, but whatever.
    So scenarios are:
    1. Message was sent by Town with their genuine views. Zeus has flipped 3P so that's a nothingburger. Mesk/oliver is also in my notes as a potential suspect partner to Pao, but would they really both vote up MM (2 scum and only 2 scum voting MM who is now known to be town)? For Gikkle, I noted they voted Pao early on "without explanation" (I think Pao's words, as I put quotes in my notes). Possible bussing.
    2. Message was sent by Pao's scum partner intended to induce a mislynch/misshot.

I don't quite understand point 2 in your post there, but here are my notes for deathworlds.
    Deathworlds. Was one of my top townreads earlier. Pao made an incorrect statement about Deathworlds voting MM, deathworlds was first to catch it and point it out. Can that be bussing? I don't think so, I think deathworlds is town still (not 100% ofc). Pao gave them a -1 pt for DW's statement that someone acting uncharacteristically smart could be a sign of getting coached by their team (something I also suggested). I tend to think both DW and I were correct in that regard! But I did find it surprising that deathworlds insisted on voting me, so I need to be aware of the possibility that this was to form a CW to save Pao.

8. ISO #1058

Sure did!
    So let me get this straight. You claim that all of the following is true :
    1) You agreed with sean's plan for the first half of D1.
    2) You did not like sean's plan in the second half of D1 because you & others wouldn't be able to be online at the time.
    3) You were scared to die
    4) You wanted to buy town time to think about letting you live
    5) You wanted to buy town time to gather more information before performing kills
    6) You'd rather live than let town get informed kills

9. ISO #1059

So scenarios are:
    1. Message was sent by Town with their genuine views. Zeus has flipped 3P so that's a nothingburger. Mesk/oliver is also in my notes as a potential suspect partner to Pao, but would they really both vote up MM (2 scum and only 2 scum voting MM who is now known to be town)? For Gikkle, I noted they voted Pao early on "without explanation" (I think Pao's words, as I put quotes in my notes). Possible bussing.
    2. Message was sent by Pao's scum partner intended to induce a mislynch/misshot.

I don't quite understand point 2 in your post there, but here are my notes for deathworlds.
    Deathworlds. Was one of my top townreads earlier. Pao made an incorrect statement about Deathworlds voting MM, deathworlds was first to catch it and point it out. Can that be bussing? I don't think so, I think deathworlds is town still (not 100% ofc). Pao gave them a -1 pt for DW's statement that someone acting uncharacteristically smart could be a sign of getting coached by their team (something I also suggested). I tend to think both DW and I were correct in that regard! But I did find it surprising that deathworlds insisted on voting me, so I need to be aware of the possibility that this was to form a CW to save Pao.
    I'm not sure you can clear people like that though. Say you don't end the day early (and I have no reason to believe it wasn't you) and ITA shots happen. We'd have shot Pao and dead wolf. Then people on Pao would have moved elsewhere to indicate where they thought the next wolf would have been. From there who knows. Does MM get wagoned further, is it someone else? Wolves obvs couldn't have planned on you ending the day if you're town so saying "would wolves really both vote MM there when MM is known to be town" isn't really a thing we can extrapolate to.

10. ISO #1060

in retrospect bus drivering Seanzie with someone else was probably not the brightest idea I could have done

because I cant tell if I got blocked or if the person switched with Seanzie was targeted for an NK

the former would be less interesting yet possible but the latter would be more interesting to know if that were the case

did anyone use a protective action on Seanzie last night?
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

11. ISO #1061

So scenarios are:

Why/how is oliver suspicious ? He literally said nothing.

I don't think scum!PQR would try to cover up a scum!deathworlds there. I do think that scum!PQR would continue pretending he is building his towncore, however, while also trying to be less confident that he actually is. I think this is the least confident I've ever seen PQR.
    Town!PQR probably would probably TR deathworlds, though.

12. ISO #1062

13. ISO #1063

14. ISO #1064

Quote Originally Posted by Loldebite View Post
    Is this still theater ?
    no, it's really not. I've had the experience of playing with a few other people who have a style and tone very similar to PQR and in that experience it's been town like 90%+ of the time. I could be wrong but I don't think I am. He's laying out his thought process in a way that's incredibly difficult for a wolf to fake, at least in my experience anyways.

15. ISO #1065

16. ISO #1066

So let me get this straight. You claim that all of the following is true :
    2) You did not like sean's plan in the second half of D1 because you & others wouldn't be able to be online at the time.
    5) You wanted to buy town time to gather more information before performing kills
    No. Your paraphrasing is scum-painting me. Which I'd appreciate if you didn't do if you are town.
    Loldebite. I lean towards Lolde being town, but there is a smaller probability that this was bussing between them. Pao once commented #261 th at he was focusing on Lolde and me, then added he somewhat understood me (pocketing attempt, I believe). Pao also offered to shoot Lolde. And when Pao said he won't dignify Lolde with a response, that was probably a similar reaction as that to my own pressure (where Pao said he is tired of my spam). Lolde looking townie to me based on the interactions there.

Yes, or a derivative there of.

Why are you neglecting to mention the other reasons I stated? Some people indicated they would be shooting as they please. Granted, Pao and Zeus turned out to be both non-town, so maybe those actions would have outed them anyway. But yes, I was exhausted and didn't want to wake up to a bunch of dead bodies, quite possibly my own(Town), and not being able to participate as a Townmember during the active hours while sleeping. There was (and still is) the uncertainty of whether ITA flips are immediate or not. I would not be a fan of a bunch of shots and "unknown" flips happening (I am far more comfortable with it now in a 9v2 and after we analyze new information and the flips we have). With that said, I did not anticipate this many deaths N1 when making my decision, but I am happy with our 9v2 situation (whether my decision was dumb or not, which you are welcome to disagree with me on). And I said earlier that although I was down with the plan, I preferred to wait for D2. I decided in that moment that if I see the plan progressing well and all onboard, then I would skip the hammer; otherwise, I will hammer if a reasonable candidate emerges (Pao did).

I am scared of any potential town dying, that includes myself.
    But yes, there is some selfishness there as I wanted to use an ability in my first DM game before dying

LOL! I am not *THAT* selfish. I think we are in a much better position now, with more information and more time to formulate suspect lists.

I can't kill, but I was not expecting 3 shots to ring out N1 either (apparently 3 died to some killing methods, survivor failed to get fat).

No, what do you think we/town will be doing today?

17. ISO #1067

Quote Originally Posted by MartinGG99 View Post
    idk what to do with PQR tbh

im gonna find a scum game of his
    IIRC there's only 2 : Lag's Own Risk and Once Upon a Town in the West, which was his very first.
    I also TR him D1, but the hammer i have trouble explaining myself. The hollow/PQR thingy going so smoothly makes my spine shiver, idk i feel weird about it.
    On the other hand, PQR was extremely survival-oriented in the Politico game too, so i guess that makes sense, after all...

18. ISO #1068

19. ISO #1069

20. ISO #1070

21. ISO #1071

So now I really have little to hide I think with double elimination via voting, we gain some control for the scenario in which ITA deaths are not immediate flips. That is to say, we could choose to skip ITA altogether and anyone who shoots is a violator that gets lynched. And we just focus on our 2 lynches today.

22. ISO #1072

So now I really have little to hide I think with double elimination via voting, we gain some control for the scenario in which ITA deaths are not immediate flips. That is to say, we could choose to skip ITA altogether and anyone who shoots is a violator that gets lynched. And we just focus on our 2 lynches today.
    (to correct myself, any violator will be getting shot; so dont violate whatever we agree to )

23. ISO #1073

No. Your paraphrasing is scum-painting me. Which I'd appreciate if you didn't do if you are town.
    Loldebite. I lean towards Lolde being town, but there is a smaller probability that this was bussing between them. Pao once commented #261 th at he was focusing on Lolde and me, then added he somewhat understood me (pocketing attempt, I believe). Pao also offered to shoot Lolde. And when Pao said he won't dignify Lolde with a response, that was probably a similar reaction as that to my own pressure (where Pao said he is tired of my spam). Lolde looking townie to me based on the interactions there.
    FTR i would probably bus pao D1 if i was scum, you're certainly right about that lol. But i wouldn't be the first to re-vote the slot, i don't think i'm confident enough in my scumplay for that.

Why are you neglecting to mention the other reasons I stated? Some people indicated they would be shooting as they please. Granted, Pao and Zeus turned out to be both non-town, so maybe those actions would have outed them anyway. But yes, I was exhausted and didn't want to wake up to a bunch of dead bodies, quite possibly my own(Town), and not being able to participate as a Townmember during the active hours while sleeping. There was (and still is) the uncertainty of whether ITA flips are immediate or not. I would not be a fan of a bunch of shots and "unknown" flips happening (I am far more comfortable with it now in a 9v2 and after we analyze new information and the flips we have). With that said, I did not anticipate this many deaths N1 when making my decision, but I am happy with our 9v2 situation (whether my decision was dumb or not, which you are welcome to disagree with me on). And I said earlier that although I was down with the plan, I preferred to wait for D2. I decided in that moment that if I see the plan progressing well and all onboard, then I would skip the hammer; otherwise, I will hammer if a reasonable candidate emerges (Pao did).
    The thing i dislike about it is that by hammering you ARE going to wake up to dead bodies, quite possibly your own, most certainly your kin's.

LOL! I am not *THAT* selfish. I think we are in a much better position now, with more information and more time to formulate suspect lists.
    I'm sorry, i have no idea what else i am supposed to understand from

You literally did, tho.

24. ISO #1074

25. ISO #1075

26. ISO #1076

You literally did, tho.
    Wrong! I would not "rather" live than let town get informed kills. I would rather live *AND* allow us to get informed lynches. And that is D2.

27. ISO #1077

28. ISO #1078

Wrong! I would not "rather" live than let town get informed kills. I would rather live *AND* allow us to get informed lynches. And that is D2.
    You DID choose living & town not shooting over risking death & town shooting. You DID choose to live rather than town getting informed kills. The flip doesn't change that unless you knew what the flip was going to be ?

29. ISO #1079

idk what to do with PQR tbh

im gonna find a scum game of his
    okay yeah PQR is likely town unless he changed up his scumplay a fair bit within the past 3-4 months

https://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showt...wn-Mafia)-(13P)

he basically wasn't town-reading much if at all on d1 of his scumgame

his posts are A LOT smaller too most of the time

it was also a ladder game and while that doesn't exactly mean the same thing to everyone I would expect that means he would be more likely to be invested into it

as a side note its a game where he was scum to the end and while I haven't read it all it may be useful for further evaluation later on if PQR is still around
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

30. ISO #1080

Are you saying that you didn't mean to sound like you suspected oliver ?....
    Maybe I need to elaborate. After I saw Paopan flip yesterday, I analyzed his interactions to see who may or may not be his partners and why. I have a number of slots which I identified as "potential suspects" but in my mind that is not the same as "i suspect this person". I view it more as "can be possible" that this slot is Pao's scum partner. Mesk/Oliver is there, Boba was there (because there was NOTHING there to rule it out), Gikkle is there. Basically POE, I can rule out certain players based on my townreads and based on me believing they are not likely to be Pao's teammate, leaving me with players who could certainly fit as Pao's partners. That does not mean I suspect them directly, but by elimination, they cannot be excluded from being scum.

31. ISO #1081

32. ISO #1082

Quote Originally Posted by Guillo View Post
    A double elimination has been activated. The two top wagons will die today at the end of the day!
    omg

so

1 day gun given to the killer (or 1st visitor) of boba, assuming its not on Seanze/MM/DrZ

a double elimination

and most probably 2 kills from ITA's

total ~5 kills that can happen today

how tf are we going to coordinate all of that
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

33. ISO #1083

34. ISO #1084

well I guess if we skip ITA's then yeah I guess the day becomes better to handle

but like in theory we're skipping out on kills that are, by the very structure of almost any FM game, more likely to be done by town than scum
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

35. ISO #1085

You DID choose living & town not shooting over risking death & town shooting. You DID choose to live rather than town getting informed kills. The flip doesn't change that unless you knew what the flip was going to be ?
    I told you why I did why I did. Asking me more about it is not going to change my answers (apart from clarifications if something is not clear).

I don't understand what are you saying about the flip there. Are you implying that I am Paopan and disguised into PQR slot? LOL

36. ISO #1086

It was only a joke referring to our last game lol.
    Could you explain in more detail how does your hammering work ?
    its probably the MU's version of Executioner

It was used in a past Guilo game that wasn't Deck Mafia but chances are it does exist as a card in Deck Mafia as well

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...le=Executioner

"The Executioner may once per game choose to execute a player during day if that person has received 50% or more of the required votes (for majority) at that time. This action immediately ends the day phase and causes the target to be lynched."
    So basically anyone with 25%+ of the votes in the game can be hammered if that card is in the game and is used.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

37. ISO #1087

38. ISO #1088

because like if they do ITA's but not us

then we're skipping out on a deal for ITA's lol

all they would have to do is time it when the ITA's get cut off (day action submission deadline) and nobody will be able to respond with ITA's of their own
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

39. ISO #1089

@PQRnHack

if you believe the double-elimination path will work well for us in catching scum

how do you suppose we prevent them from shooting ITA's
    There are only 2 scum remaining, so that's two 20% shots. I am not worried. If someone shoots, we unleash the power of our 9 guns and/or 2 lynches.

40. ISO #1090

because like if they do ITA's but not us

then we're skipping out on a deal for ITA's lol

all they would have to do is time it when the ITA's get cut off (day action submission deadline) and nobody will be able to respond with ITA's of their own
    Then if their two 20% shots land, game goes from 9v2 to 7v2 and we set up 3- and 4-town vote wagons to lynch the two shooters.

41. ISO #1091

42. ISO #1092

There are only 2 scum remaining, so that's two 20% shots. I am not worried. If someone shoots, we unleash the power of our 9 guns and/or 2 lynches.
    yeah well I'm going to keep thinking about it

in a past DM game Seanzie and I noted how wagons hardly ever survive more the 24 hours, and while I haven't looked into it I wonder if the same could be said for plans

if there's a ticking time bomb in the form of a disastrous EoD I wanna know how we defuse it if we can at all
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

43. ISO #1093

Then if their two 20% shots land, game goes from 9v2 to 7v2 and we set up 3- and 4-town vote wagons to lynch the two shooters.
    OK I see your point, they do it in the last moment, as day ends. Hmmm so ideally we want to form 5- and 4-player wagons, but ofc we wouldnt know who the 2 potential shooters might be. But still, it's only 20% chance.

44. ISO #1094

yeah well I'm going to keep thinking about it

in a past DM game Seanzie and I noted how wagons hardly ever survive more the 24 hours, and while I haven't looked into it I wonder if the same could be said for plans

if there's a ticking time bomb in the form of a disastrous EoD I wanna know how we defuse it if we can at all
    That's a fair point, I need to think about the "last minute" scenarios myself.

Oh and just in case anyone else is worried about scum orchestrating some other abilities during D2: Host Card (post #1) says that day killing cards are banned from this game.

But I have a question to DM vets: how was Boba Fett's Yessenia card in play, if that card passively gives out a 1-shot day vigilante ability? Does it mean they were playing the rest of the card, just not that ability?

45. ISO #1095

I think its literally an item

I was once given a (fake) gun in a DM game and it wasn't a card

So it likely isn't constrained by Guilo's rules

or at the very least I would like to play with the presumption that the gun exists and can be used rather than it not existing
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

46. ISO #1096

in retrospect bus drivering Seanzie with someone else was probably not the brightest idea I could have done

because I cant tell if I got blocked or if the person switched with Seanzie was targeted for an NK

the former would be less interesting yet possible but the latter would be more interesting to know if that were the case

did anyone use a protective action on Seanzie last night?
    Do you mind disclosing whom Seanzie was potentially bussed with? Or wanna wait for more folks to comment about their actions first?

47. ISO #1097

I think its literally an item

I was once given a (fake) gun in a DM game and it wasn't a card

So it likely isn't constrained by Guilo's rules

or at the very least I would like to play with the presumption that the gun exists and can be used rather than it not existing
    Good take on that, thank you.

48. ISO #1098

49. ISO #1099

Do you mind disclosing whom Seanzie was potentially bussed with? Or wanna wait for more folks to comment about their actions first?
    I wanna mention who I bussed Seanzie with if someone claims a protective on Seanzie, as then its likely that my switch did work and whoever I switched Seanzie with was an NK target last night

otherwise I want to keep that hidden so there's less room to BS later on with claiming actions if the mafia try it
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"

50. ISO #1100

Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    i have a question? wheres all that ur info bout ITA?!
    first post

its an image

I also have it copied

Every player gets an ITA shot with 20% kill accuracy the last 12 hours of every day phase. For every three townies or 3rd Parties that are kill consecutively, the kill accuracy is increased by 5%.
    Shots submissions don't override the day action submission deadline. Day killing, gun giving and vote manipulation cards are banned from this game.

To shoot someone just mention the name of the player followed by SHOOT in size 7, red color, so I don't miss it please.
    A.K.A "That One Idiot"