Clever Plays?
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Clever Plays?

1. ISO #1

Clever Plays?

Hi, I'm new to Mafia 2.0 - played 1.0 a while back, but it's nice to get into it again!

I was recently playing a game as an interrogator with two triads. I was AFK the first night, couldn't kidnap the second night, and accidentally kidnapped one of my fellow triads on night 3 since I was running out of time, and picked someone at random. The DH told me to "Execute and we win", and I thought that was a little odd, maybe a little clever, but I did it. After I executed him, he whispered to me "You're now the confirmed jailor." He was later pinned up against the wall by a confirmed vet, and by the time he claimed that I 'jailed him N1', I'd already said to the whole town that I was AFK night 1, meaning that I physically could not back up his claim. I called him out on it, and he got voted up too. We got down really, really close towards winning, and I was an idiot and decided to attack someone instead of remaining quiet like I had the night prior. Doctor healed someone, which was REALLY bad for me - so I was kinda fucked at that point. After the game, the DH got pissed at me and said he 'was joking' and 'didn't expect me to actually kill him'. I, quite literally, followed the DH's word to the letter. He also reaffirmed me after I'd done it by basically saying 'Hey, now you're jailor for the rest of the game!' which made me think that I'd done a sneaky, clever thing.

Should I not have listened to him? He was the leader, after all.

Oh! And apparently I've been reported - should I be worried? I was just trying to do what he said.
    Last edited by Glowbug; January 20th, 2022 at 08:42 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: Clever Plays?

Well definitely first rule of this game is try to think for urself as much as possible. Most of the time u either can't trust other people or u can't trust they know what they are talking about. From the description it doesn't sound like executing triad was the worst move, but definitely should have prepared the jailed ur DH n1 claim because it would probably win u the game depending on other confirmed roles.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by Exeter350 View Post
    The DH sounds like an idiot with no sense of personal responsibliity.

Gives instructions, pats you on the back for a job well done, then when shit hits the fan, blames you for everything. What a loser.

Will need to see the replay to be sure tho.
    Yeah, I double-checked the replay, and it looks like he didn't realize I had jailed our teammate. He told me that I was jailor and he was doctor, but... him claiming that I jailed him N1 doesn't really work, then. It just looks like I messed up, and I admit that I definitely messed up somewhat at that point. Jailing and executing was the big mistake there, and if either of us had realized, I wouldn't have done it. Big mistake on my part - and a bit of a mistake on his part for not realizing who I'd jailed.

I'll make sure to pay more attention in the future, ehehehe.

5. ISO #5

What you described if you lost could be considered as unintentional gamethrowing, but in my opinion that would be mostly the DH's problem and not yours (seeing as he encouraged it and you just didn't pay attention).

For the future I would say that you should be more attentive to who you jail; however, mistakes happen and this likely won't come to anything seeing as you appear to be genuinely concerned and apologetic for what happened.

Would it be possible for you to post the replay? If not no worries, it'd just show how dumb the DH likely was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbomber16
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

6. ISO #6

Yes, I should be able to post it! I watched over it, and it looks like I went 'LMAO' because I thought I had an actual sheriff who thought I was the actual Jailor. DH told me to tell them my actual role and see if they claimed neutral! Do please tell me if there's something else I did wrong - I would love some feedback!
    -Mafia- (16).SC2Replay
    I think this attachment should work.

7. ISO #7

Okay I scanned through parts of the replay, specifically the part where you kind of made the dumb and shot your triad buddy

you and the DH didn't notice it, completely unintentional. I did however notice that you were trying to talk to someone after a lynch that you thought you jailed, I'm assuming that's out of being new (I wasn't able to see points in the replay for some dumb reason)

DH Blundered with his doc claim, that is 100% on him. Dick move at the end blaming you (seeing as I presume you either haven't played for awhile or are really new) when you did end up making a very good play and fooled the town for a few days, only blunder on your part imo was at the end where you shot and the doc unfortunately healed. You could have played it off maybe by not admitting to be triad, but either way you were in a very rough spot near the end.

Shit happens, very smart play by you mostly with the error at the end imo. The triad you threw under the bus was basically afk anyways from what I watched.
    I feel like I'm watching a horror movie and the protag. group is exploring an old house or something and everything is super quiet, but you know something bad is about to happen. Mafia man is about to come out from behind the basement furnace and gun down varcron right in front of me. And there will be nothing I can do.

8. ISO #8

The 3rd triad thought you made a good play too by shooting him just cause it worked very well until the end.

9. ISO #9