Fraud
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Fraud

1. ISO #1

Fraud

Some Wankers have stolen £4000 from my credit card.

Very unhappy with my Credit card company, as it was completly our of my normal shopping habbits, bought from the other side of the country for amount way above my normal spendingh between £200-£500 ofer a dozen transactions.

Shit is Obvious fraud and I can't believe my Credit card company never flagged any of it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

2. ISO #2

Re: Fraud

That sucks. But hey, your credit card company is happy: they're probably just hoping to throw people in debt...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lawyer View Post
    Besides your lamp and your refridgerators, do you find anyone else suspicious?
    Quote Originally Posted by oliverz144 View Post
    it looks like many, e.g. MM and lag, suffered under the influence of paopan. However there is a victim: frinckles. He left the path of rationality and fully dived into the parallel reality of baby shark, king shark, and soviet union pizzas.
    Spoiler : The meaning of life :

3. ISO #3

I had something stolen from my credit card once.
    The bank, they took it almost personal. Immediately made lawsuits or whatever on their own expense, as I understand it, idk, but I got my money back in 3-6 months something like that.
    I don't like the bank, I was only there because that particular job allowed only 2 banks for their salaries (those banks are merged now coincidentally). But that shit - that shit I liked.

4. ISO #4

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJack View Post
    Some Wankers have stolen £4000 from my credit card.

Very unhappy with my Credit card company, as it was completly our of my normal shopping habbits, bought from the other side of the country for amount way above my normal spendingh between £200-£500 ofer a dozen transactions.

Shit is Obvious fraud and I can't believe my Credit card company never flagged any of it.
    That sucks but were you at least able to get them to charge it back?
    Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Jar Jar the wise?

5. ISO #5

@SuperJack
    So the good thing about credit cards is that its an agreement to lend. If someone uses your credit card the burden of proof to say you made the transaction is on the credit card company and the firm it was used at. It is the most secure form of payment for that reasoning. You basically have an agreement with a lender to lend you up to X amount of money under X terms as you request it. If you did not request it you are not liable.

I have had stuff like this happen a few times. In my experience I just file a police report and fill out some paperwork with my lender and everything gets sorted easy enough.

6. ISO #6

does it work differently in the UK? I could call my bank or credit card company and they would sort it out from there.
    I love oops

Spoiler : :

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░▒░▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▌▒░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▒▁▁▁▁▁▒▒░░░▒░░░░░░▒░░░░░▒░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░▁▐█▁▐░▒▒▁▐█▁░░░
    ▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▌░░░░░░▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▀▀░░░░▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄██▓▓▌▀░▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▄▒░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
    ▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌
    ▁▁▁▁▁▄▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▄

7. ISO #7

Ay yeh I'll get all me money back no probs with that. It's the reason why I have a credit card. (For the protection + cashback)

Just pisses me off cause I'm in Sweden for 2 weeks and the card had no exchange fee when I use it.

Now I gotta use my direct debit cards record the extra cost I'm gonna incur and make my credit card pay me for it.
    Cryptonic made this sig

Quote Originally Posted by HentaiManOfPeace View Post
    gotchu fam

Attachment 28016

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

Is this a PayPal advertisement?

Just kidding, that's an insensitive remark.

Personally speaking, I do think credit cards are your "extra" protection. Imagine getting that juicy £4000 stolen from your debit cards.
    Debit cards balance is my money whilst credit cards are banks' money.

I am confident you won't get charged for it. It's just an extra hassle though.
    It happened to me when I transacted with some no-name online store.

10. ISO #10

Quote Originally Posted by NotPaopan View Post
    Is this a PayPal advertisement?

Just kidding, that's an insensitive remark.

Personally speaking, I do think credit cards are your "extra" protection. Imagine getting that juicy £4000 stolen from your debit cards.
    Debit cards balance is my money whilst credit cards are banks' money.

I am confident you won't get charged for it. It's just an extra hassle though.
    It happened to me when I transacted with some no-name online store.
    This is funny because paypal let some joker spend ~$500 from my bank account. They set up a PayPal in my name and started spending money. I don’t deal with any of those money moving convenience apps anymore- Venmo, cash app, PayPal. Fuck all of ‘em.
    Quote Originally Posted by S-FM Unfunny View Post
    How dare you send me another box of cereal
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannelMiner View Post
    Anyways I shot Brad due to my morbid fear of zombies.