User Tag List

Thread: Ventriloquist

Hybrid View

1. ISO #1

2. ISO #2

Re: Ventriloquist

Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    Ventriloquist: Neutral Evil
    Ability: Silence a person and steal their voice each night to talk as them with a command.

This is basically just the Nymph from the Korean mod, only renamed to something that makes more sense.
    Interesting. Wonder how strong it could be.

Would you "learn" how to speak as the person each night? Then each person you learn from would add a day button to switch between?

Or I suppose it could just be one person at amy given time.
    (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)ﻭ 레드벨벳 ! ! ٩(♡ε♡ )۶

3. ISO #3

The role in KR Mafia works on one person at a time.

Basically a Neutral Evil Silencer with the added ability to speak through their mouth in day chat using the prefix command "-cr", e.g. "-cr Lynch mayor now, he's culted"

Chat without -cr will come from the Ventriloquist, allowing him to speak both as himself and as his controlled target.

The limitation in KR Mafia is that you cannot PM as your controlled target because there is no such command. As a result it can be obvious when someone is being controlled, e.g. during a Mayor reveal and no pm.

I think this design shortfall this can be easily rectified with a joint command (-crpm or -pmcr).

Imo the role can be pretty strong by confusing day chat. E.g. Controlling a confirmed Town to lead a lynch, making a player give a flimsy defense so that he gets lynched, controlling an Investigative role with a lead to retract his lead, etc.
    Last edited by Exeter350; January 13th, 2022 at 10:39 PM.

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

4. ISO #4

5. ISO #5

Quote Originally Posted by Veliaire View Post
    Maybe the ability to pm could be toggled on or off via the settings. I can see how the role would be OP if you could also PM.
    and if its off then you are fucked. Even if gov is capped, a confirmed town, any role, can still start a rolecall and fuck you over, like "why are you publicly declaring your role instead of just pming me? 🤨"

interesting role concept but the tricky thing about PMs will make or break the role in the eyes of many.
    https://imgur.com/a/NqMwElZ fuck it heres all the sc2mafia pics i would have put in the sig

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

Quote Originally Posted by RufusPL View Post
    How would it work with votes though? Let's say u try to accuse someone through a confirmed invest role but the actual invest won't vote with u and he will probably even try to spam vote other people to communicate. Would be pretty easy to spot that the invest is not voting on his own lead.
    Silenced votes similar to Silencer? Would prevent the target from instantly signalling he's being controlled.

There will be some limitations to Ventriloquist strategy since the target's votes are not controlled. Controlling a confirmed invest to push a lynch doesn't seem viable to me. Some use cases I imagined include:
    * Controlling a player to say sus shit to get him lynched
    * Controlling a player to defend or divert suspicion from an evil player
    * Controlling a player to give false feedback (e.g. "I was audited" when there's no auditor)
    * Causing general confusion and mayhem in day chat - This is a neutral role afterall

Your friendly neighbourhood Asian.

8. ISO #8

Well it's easy to spot Silencer votes regardless of the setting, the kinda hidden votes are actually worse for the Silencer because it confirms the person is indeed silenced for sure. And even still u can bet people would game the mechanic. Everytime they would suspect the Ventriloquist on the person they would tell him like vote 1 if u are controlled and vote 4 if u are not controlled. The power level seems too low for what evils are.

9. ISO #9

I think this can be balanced by putting someone up for trial.

As soon as anyone is put on trial (in the voting stage), the ventriloquist can no longer sudo his target. It'll allow a safety buffer for the victim to claim that he was ventriloquist'd. But then again, this role seems like a one trick only where afterwards you can no longer use the ability as impactfully if town knows there is a ventriloquist among their ranks.

I propose an addition: Once a target has been selected to steal their voice, the ventriloquist gains the ability to use his puppets (limited charges) to place into a targeted people's house during night actions. This differs from a "vest", because the decoys are essentially an empty player. Once planted, the puppet can have two selected actions at night: Mimic, Decoy.

If a killing role visits that players house, they will be notified that "You attempted to kill your target, but you dealt a blow to an empty puppet instead". if the "Decoy" action is selected. Otherwise, the killing goes through. If it is an empty house for the puppet (meaning the player is dead), "Decoy" option is no longer available at night for the Ventriloquist to select, but "Mimic" is still available if it hasn't been previously used.

The puppet's 2nd option, "Mimic" will mimic the person who owns the house's actions. It can use their night action once, where it then regresses to being an empty puppet. If it is a mimicking an investigative role, the feedback will return as per usual to the ventriloquist.
    Ex. Investigator
    "Your puppet visited x, and found out they were guilty of Tresspassing, Murder"

The puppet if placed into the ventriloquist's own home acts as a decoy passively and no actions may be used.

The puppet if placed into a person's house with no possible night ability such as Town Government, and citizen (after using bulletproof vest) will return back to the Ventriloquist so he can reuse his charge.
    Last edited by WrathCyber; April 25th, 2022 at 11:09 AM. Reason: More stuff added

10. ISO #10