S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Play at Your Own Risk

Presented by: Lag Lag

Signups

Spoiler : Setup :

This setup is closed.
    This setup is bastard.
    Anonymous accounts will be used.
    There is a town, and at least one anti-town faction.

Rules
    Read these or risk getting modkilled.
    1. All standard FM rules apply unless specified otherwise.
    2. Hunting for other players mains will result in a modkill.
    3. Outing your main will result in a modkill.
    4. Softing your main will result in a modkill.
    5. Cryptography is forbidden. Breadcrumbing is okay.
    6. Never post screenshots of anything. Do not screenshot the thread, do not screenshot private chats, do not screenshot mod communication, do not screenshot. If you wish to quote something, copy + paste it.
    7. The only player communication you are allowed to copy paste is either from the thread to a private chat or to a factional chat. Or from a private chat to a factional chat.
    8. Pasting your rolecard, night feedback, or day feedback is okay. Pasting any other forms of mod communication is forbidden.
    9. If you are unsure of what is allowed, ask first.
    10. You may not modify your profile picture or signature at any point during the game.
    11. I reserve the right to modify these rules if needed.

Host Questions

If you would like a question answer publicly, mention me in the thread. Questions must include a mention
    Code:
    [MENTION=11411]Lag[/MENTION]
    If you would like a question answered privately, message me on Discord.
    Questions I will no answer will be met with either "No comment." or "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

FAQ
    Can I ask questions about the setup?
    You can ask. I won't answer most questions, but there are some that I will answer (all the questions in this FAQ for example were asked and then subsequently added here).

Can we trust you?
    I will never knowingly lie to you unless made to do so by a role.

What factions are there?
    There is an uninformed majority known as the town, and there is at least one anti-town faction.

Can rolecards contain hidden information or false information?
    No. There will be no hidden or false information on anyone's rolecards.

Will players know their true alignment?
    Rolecards will never have false or hidden information, that means players will always know their true alignment.

Will players know their true win condition?
    Rolecards will never have false or hidden information, that means players will always know their true win condition.

How bastard is this game?
    Consider the previous answers in this FAQ.
    Consider that the title of the game is "Play at Your Own Risk"
    I will allow you to form your own conclusions from here.

Why wasn't my question answered?
    If you received an answer of "No comment" or "¯\_(ツ)_/¯" then that's all the answer you're going to get.
    If you asked a question and didn't receive an answer or either of those, then I probably just missed your question and you should ask it again.

Mechanics
    • Every player may perform at most 1 day action and 1 night action unless specified otherwise.
    • Passive abilities happen automatically and do not cost any actions
    • Multitaskable abilities do not cost any actions to use. Any number of multitaskable actions may be used alongside a single normal day/night action.
    • Unlimited Use abilities may be used multiple times in the same phase. They are generally subject to some other restriction.
    • Abilities are by default night actions that get processed during the End of Night/Start of Day OoO.

Town Win Condition
    The town's win condition is omitted from their rolecard, instead it is posted publicly here:
    Town: Eliminate all anti-town factions.

Example Town Rolecard:
    Spoiler : Town Rolecard :

Alignment: Town
    Role: Fruit Tycoon

Factional Abilities:
    Town is the uninformed majority and receives no factional abilities. Use your vote and your role to win!

Role Abilities:
    Stockpile Fruit
    (Passive)
    You start the game with 0 fruit. Gain 2 fruit at the start of each night.

Collect Fruit
    (Day or Night action, Multitaskable, Unlimited Use)
    Quote a post made by another player in which the name of a fruit is posted. Add 1 fruit to your fruit stockpile.
    Previously quoted posts cannot be reused.

Give Fruit
    (Multitaskable, Unlimited Use)
    Target another player to give them a random piece of fruit from your stockpile.

Note: Because your action is multi-taskable and unlimited use, you may give as many fruit as you have available in your stockpile, including multiple fruit to the same player.

Quote to Steal!
    (1-Shot, Passive)
    If this rolecard is posted publicly in the thread, then the first player to quote this rolecard with the message "The greatest tragedy of Mafia 2.0 is that it doesn't have Fruit Vendor" steals all of its abilities and adds them to their rolecard. This ability is consumed on use and is not added.
    Day Links

SoD 1EoD 1
    SoD 2EoD 2
    SoD 3EoD 3
    SoD 4EoD 4
    SoD 5EoD 5

Host ISO

The FM Host has Won!
    Note: This game involved heavy death tailoring. View the real role info here:
    Players and Roles
    Game Events
    Actions Log

# Name Status Role ISO
    1 FM-Silent Night Alive ? ISO
    2 FM-Matrix6 Executed Day 2 ????? ISO
    3 FM-Last Hope Died Night 4 You're gonna love my nuts ISO
    4 FM-All Stars Died Night 1 Researcher (SCP-294) ISO
    5 FM-Wilder Wastelander Died Night 4 Forgetful Armed Blackmailing ArchiJailBlocker ISO
    6 FM-Looney Toons Executed Day 1 Warlock ISO
    7 FM-Gravity Falls Died Night 2 Armed Blackmailing ArchiJailBlocker ISO
    8 FM-Mid-Atlantic Executed Day 5 My Toilet Paper Guy ISO
    9 FM-Once Upon a Town Alive ? ISO
    10 FM-Bisected Souls Died Night 4 Robot Chicken ISO
    11 FM-Politico Executed Day 3 Doubler ISO

48H Days / 24H Nights
    Plurality + Majority Lynch
    No Last Wills / No Death Notes
    No Skip/Sleep Votes

Last edited by Lumi; January 17th, 2022 at 09:35 PM.

2. ISO #2

3. ISO #3

Re: S-FM 337: Play This at Your Own Risk

Play at Your Own Risk
    Action Submission Deadlines

The day ends at EXACTLY 4 PM CST. Any votes or day action submissions that are timestamped at or before 3:59 will be counted. Any votes or day actions that are timestamped at 4:00 or after will NOT be counted.

Night action submissions are due 2 HOURS BEFORE SoD.

No exceptions will be made to any of these deadlines.

Where to Submit Actions?

I will be using Discord to process action submissions and to send night feedback. Please submit night actions on Discord and check Discord for any day/night feedback.

4. ISO #4

Re: S-FM 337: Play at Your Own Risk

Play at Your Own Risk

Day 1

Day 1 Ends at 4 PM CST on Friday January 7th

DAYS HOURS MINUTES SECONDS

Day Action Deadline is exactly at 4 PM. Timestamps of 3:59 are accepted. Timestamps of 4:00 are not.

Early hammers affect the day action deadline accordingly.

11 Players Remain. 6 votes to hammer.
    6 votes to hammer.
    Last edited by Lumi; January 5th, 2022 at 03:01 PM.

5. ISO #5

Somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me
    I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed
    She was looking kind of dumb with her finger and her thumb
    In the shape of an "L" on her forehead
    Well the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do, so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go
    You'll never shine if you don't glow
    Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show on, get paid
    And all that glitters is gold
    Only shooting stars break the mold
    It's a cool place and they say it gets colder
    You're bundled up now, wait 'til you get older
    But the meteor men beg to differ
    Judging by the hole in the satellite picture
    The ice we skate is getting pretty thin
    The water's getting warm so you might as well swim
    My world's on fire, how about yours?
    That's the way I like it and I'll never get bored
    All that glitters is gold
    Hey now, you're a rock star, get the show, on get paid
    Only shooting stars
    Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas?
    I need to get myself away from this place
    I said, "Yup" what a concept
    I could use a little fuel myself
    And we could all use a little change
    Well, the years start coming and they don't stop coming
    Fed to the rules and I hit the ground running
    Didn't make sense not to live for fun
    Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb
    So much to do, so much to see
    So what's wrong with taking the back streets?
    You'll never know if you don't go (go!)
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

6. ISO #6

7. ISO #7

8. ISO #8

9. ISO #9

10. ISO #10

11. ISO #11

12. ISO #12

13. ISO #13

14. ISO #14

15. ISO #15

16. ISO #16

17. ISO #17

18. ISO #18

19. ISO #19

20. ISO #20

21. ISO #21

22. ISO #22

Quote Originally Posted by FM-All Stars View Post
    Sad that I got ahead of you?

This is my swamp
    Just have that song stuck in my head now.

It could be productive to talk about some aspects of our roles so we can get a better understanding of what we are dealing with.

I believe there may be many night chats. My role has some function to join one and I also had an item that created a chat.

Its also interesting that votes are required. I bet my role is not the only one that has different effects from being voted so we should stay aware of where votes go and maybe even be cautious about random voting or spamming votes.

23. ISO #23

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Silent Night View Post

It could be productive to talk about some aspects of our roles so we can get a better understanding of what we are dealing with.

I believe there may be many night chats. My role has some function to join one and I also had an item that created a chat.

Its also interesting that votes are required. I bet my role is not the only one that has different effects from being voted so we should stay aware of where votes go and maybe even be cautious about random voting or spamming votes.
    Setup speculation, can't go wrong with it in the first half hour of a game. I was hoping there'd be some flavor in the day start post to indicate any specific theme

24. ISO #24

Y SO SRS?

25. ISO #25

26. ISO #26

Soospicious

27. ISO #27

28. ISO #28

29. ISO #29

30. ISO #30

Myeah not sure about this one.
    Interesting, why do you think are the consequences of those many night chats ?
    Eh, had not thought about my vote being of consequence. Oh well, too late for that i guess.

31. ISO #31

32. ISO #32

33. ISO #33

34. ISO #34

I also found it interesting that I submitted 3 roles. Assuming that everyone was asked to do this it could also hold value to talk about what roles were submitted as they may come into the game somehow.

The item I had N0 was a telephone. I had to add, change or remove 2 letters on it and pass it to someone to create a chat between us. Maybe something happens if all the letters are removed or maybe something happens if it returns to its original name? Or maybe its just a clever implementation of the 'telephone game' on an item called a telephone..

I don't see any benefit to revealing who I gave it to and in closed setups you never know what information could be dangerous to you.

35. ISO #35

36. ISO #36

37. ISO #37

38. ISO #38

39. ISO #39

40. ISO #40

41. ISO #41

I also found it interesting that I submitted 3 roles. Assuming that everyone was asked to do this it could also hold value to talk about what roles were submitted as they may come into the game somehow.

The item I had N0 was a telephone. I had to add, change or remove 2 letters on it and pass it to someone to create a chat between us. Maybe something happens if all the letters are removed or maybe something happens if it returns to its original name? Or maybe its just a clever implementation of the 'telephone game' on an item called a telephone..

I don't see any benefit to revealing who I gave it to and in closed setups you never know what information could be dangerous to you.
    Yeah the fruit vendor role really spooked me, lots of potential for day chat disruption

42. ISO #42

Quote Originally Posted by FM-Once Upon a Town View Post
    Myeah not sure about this one.
    Interesting, why do you think are the consequences of those many night chats ?
    Eh, had not thought about my vote being of consequence. Oh well, too late for that i guess.
    I will say its positive for me to have votes on me at the end of the day. I had considered playing fancy and staying a train through the game but it would be too easy to get sniped given how the vote rules are. Given how unusual my role is Im assuming other peoples roles are also pretty out there. With the game flat out requiring people to vote its an easy potential that casting votes on people has more effect on the game than normal.

I am not sure. Maybe its just a chat heavy game to keep things interesting or maybe roles could do stuff with chats like killing/protecting/role blocking or whatever. Anything is possible.

43. ISO #43

44. ISO #44

45. ISO #45

46. ISO #46

47. ISO #47

48. ISO #48

49. ISO #49

50. ISO #50