Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles
Register

User Tag List

Threaded View

1. ISO #1

Cool Remove -prefer -blacklist, mafia2 vest hogging up all the "fun" roles

Prefer/blacklist role system should be removed, it lets veterans and people who play all day, pick all the roles that newbies might want to try. Noobies may never roll certain roles!

I recently reached 20,000 points, and on my way to 20,000 points, I could play 20 games and roll nothing but "doctor", "investigator", "sheriff", "some mafia/Triad" role which I found frustrating and repetitive. Now that I have 20,00 points and can opt to prefer roles, I have to say, it is easy to get the roles I want "jailor", "vigilante", "judge", and I feel bad.

I'm sure there are people who just started out, or people who just don't play as much who want to try new roles ("constable", "double flower", "enchantress"). Do you want people with fancy colored name to always be "veteran", "jailor', "judge" , "jester" all the time? Town could probably lynch "Taylor Swift" and this person would be veteran 8 out of 10 times.

To recap, the prefer role system is too exclusionary and shuts out certain players from coveted roles, and should be amended or removed. I hope to hear some thoughts and see change.

Let's open up those "fun" roles to others, and don't let sc2 mafia vets be greedy and gorge on all the "fun" roles, let's learn to share roles.

P.S. If it weren't for Frinckles' generous holiday points, it would have taken me another year or two to get to 20,000 points.
    Last edited by hellow0; December 31st, 2021 at 01:32 PM.